Americans will you...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
Convert to Islam like Uncle Osama or whoever that was advised you to under any cirumstances ?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Convert to Islam like Uncle Osama or whoever that was advised you to under any cirumstances ?

Hell NO!

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Hell NO!

Are you American? I always thought you were from somewhere else other than America...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Are you American? I always thought you were from somewhere else other than America...

I live in Southern Oregon.

http://www.traveloregon.com/images/noflash/regions/southern.jpg

anaconda
a nice scenery big grin

Da Pittman

anaconda
holy diver

debbiejo
I live in Southern Oregon.

http://www.traveloregon.com/images/noflash/regions/southern.jpg I have a wall picture of that.

Hmm would I convert? Probably fake it until I moved somewhere else.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by debbiejo
I have a wall picture of that.

Hmm would I convert? Probably fake it until I moved somewhere else.

Actually it is better for you to remain a Dhimmi (Christians and Jews only). If fake a conversion then become an infidel again the penalty is a death.

debbiejo
Actually it is better for you to remain a Dhimmi (Christians and Jews only). If fake a conversion then become an infidel again the penalty is a death. Okay, noted.

I'll just leave the country. Economy's bad here anyway.

Shakyamunison
Actually it is better for you to remain a Dhimmi (Christians and Jews only). If fake a conversion then become an infidel again the penalty is a death.

I would help equip young christian boys with bomb belts to blow then self up in the name of Christianity. wink laughing

lil bitchiness
Okay, noted.

I'll just leave the country. Economy's bad here anyway.

If you leave, don't come to Europe - counter productive laughing out loud

debbiejo
Where should I goooooooooo... sad

Figi?

Shakyamunison
Where should I goooooooooo... sad

Figi?

Antarctica

http://www.nls.uk/collections/foreign/mountains/img/antarctica.jpg

debbiejo
No, there's a lock nest monster there...I see it!!
eek

Shakyamunison
No, there's a lock nest monster there...I see it!!
eek

That's just me on my way to work. laughing

WrathfulDwarf
They wouldn't want me....

Melcórë
Originally posted by Bicnarok

....I'd convert to Islam faster than I would Christianity, or even Judaism. yes

I would help equip young christian boys with bomb belts to blow then self up in the name of Christianity. wink laughing

There's no need for that child's play! Christians think of murder on a much grander scale. wink

Shakyamunison

lil bitchiness

BackFire
Yeah. I'm going to convert because some skinny shitbag who lives in a cave told me to.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah. I'm going to convert because some skinny shitbag who lives in a cave told me to.

Do you mean Jesus? confused laughing

debbiejo
Like Muslims then?

Or let me guess, those horrible horrible 'zionists' who control the America. The JEW conspiracy.

And by the way, Jews don't look for converts. Oh, and they have lots of festivals too. One where you get really really really drunk to celebrate Ester.

They sound like a fun people. beer

Melcórë
I'm assuming that Islam has taken away all the Christian big toys.

http://archive.greenpeace.org/comms/nukes/fig05.gif

stick out tongue

Like Muslims then?

Or let me guess, those horrible horrible 'zionists' who control the America. The JEW conspiracy.

And by the way, Jews don't look for converts.

Not necessarily. I try not to judge people, and if I do, I judge by their actions. I try not to "like" or "dislike" anyone in particular - although I do have a fairly anti-Christian attitude, I s'pose....

laughing out loud

What? I love Jewish people! In fact, I should emend my comment above: I wouldn't "convert" to Orthodox Judaism. Otherwise, only the not-eating-pork-thing would detract from the experience.

BTW: Yeah, I know. wink

lil bitchiness
Ironically, it is virtually impossible to be a convert to Orthodox Judaism, as you would never get accepted.
So contemplating that is irrelevant.

But you, or the whole of America being Muslims, I can imagine really well actually.

In fact, if it comes to showdown of ''clash of civilizations'' between America and Islamic world, Islamic world will win.

Because 'civilization' with strongest cultural roots, traditions and spiritual sense always wins.
In this case, Islamic identity, cultural roots, traditions and spirituality are far superior to those of America.

Then again, people like BackFire would probably resist all, regardless what religious crap is thrown at them.

Melcórë
Yes, true. Even if I proved to be the most kosher man alive, no Orthodox Jew would recognize me. stick out tongue

Those are some interesting statements, to say the least.

Shakyamunison
Ironically, it is virtually impossible to be a convert to Orthodox Judaism, as you would never get accepted.
So contemplating that is irrelevant.

But you, or the whole of America being Muslims, I can imagine really well actually.

In fact, if it comes to showdown of ''clash of civilizations'' between America and Islamic world, Islamic world will win.

Because 'civilization' with strongest cultural roots, traditions and spiritual sense always wins.
In this case, Islamic identity, cultural roots, traditions and spirituality are far superior to those of America.

Then again, people like BackFire would probably resist all, regardless what religious crap is thrown at them.

All you see it the America on TV and movies.

Quiero Mota
Hell NO!

Because you honestly have no interest in it, or do you just not like being told what to do?

debbiejo
That's just me on my way to work. laughing Did you scare your friends away? stick out tongue

Actually, I cannot see the US converting to Muslim. I do have to say we have many of them here and I've read it's fastest growing religion with it's converts.

Lord Melkor
I would convert to any religion if my life was threatened. I don`t care about religion that much, but my life is most precious thing out there.

debbiejo
You'll have to pray 5 times a day.

lil bitchiness
All you see it the America on TV and movies.

Erm, what?

fini
hmmm, the thread poster was out to create trouble, lol nice to see that everyone saw it as that and went along, lol

Mindship
I wouldn't convert. As a rule, Jews don't convert. We either die as Jews or kick Islamic butt.

Bicnarok

anaconda
yet America is allied with "civilization" with strong cultural roots tradition and spiritual sense which are equal to that of those with Islamic identity, and the right winged religious fanatics in the states are just as dangerous as those fanatic muslims, lunatics both parties. So in the end it would be a clash of ideology, and of course bad ass weapons.

And as of converting, I would never bow down to any religous ways

debbiejo
Originally posted by anaconda

And as of converting, I would never bow down to any religous ways Really? roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
yet America is allied with "civilization" with strong cultural roots tradition and spiritual sense which are equal to that of those with Islamic identity, and the right winged religious fanatics in the states are just as dangerous as those fanatic muslims, lunatics both parties. So in the end it would be a clash of ideology, and of course bad ass weapons.

And as of converting, I would never bow down to any religous ways

If not converting threatened the safety of your family, without any possibility of movement, I doubt you would not conform.

Shakyamunison
If not converting threatened the safety of your family, without any possibility of movement, I doubt you would not conform.

There are a lot of people in the USA that would die first. They believe that if they are killed for their beliefs (martyrdom) they will go to heaven.

debbiejo
Yeah, the Right wing fundamentalists. Otherwise, I believe that many would fake it while making plans to leave if it looked like a take over.

Devil King
This question is skewed on two accounts.

First, "America" isn't going to convert to Islam. America, as a nation, can't convert to anything.

Second, even if the country were to convert, we wouldn't gain any real legitimacy in the eyes of those who wish us harm. So much of this "war on terror" has been propogated by the idea of religion or our "freedom", but it has more to do with our foreign policy in the region. That's why we've heard that the fundamentalists will end their aggressive stance. Because if the whole country converted, they assume that it would lead to the same fanatcism they experince and thusly effect how we interact with Christian, Jewish, Muslim, ect. nations.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Because you honestly have no interest in it, or do you just not like being told what to do? Both seem like excellent reasons.

debbiejo
This reminds of the movie Not without My Daughter, with Sally Field. Good Movie!

She faked it and left an Islamic country. Based on a true story.

lil bitchiness
Yes, I remember that movie.

But that is partly a culture shock. To think that women in Islamic countries (the non extreme cases, of course) are all sad and oppressed is wrong.
Many of them grew up in that kinda environment, and they don't mind.

debbiejo
This is really an interesting thread. What would people do? In the US, we have many militia groups that would come into play also. People would not stand for a hostile take over. However, there are many stupid people here that would sleep through a slow, long propaganda type proselytizing effort.

anaconda
you can doubt alll you want, but I would never convert especially to a neanderthal like the extremist muslims. Fight fire wiht fire and I wouldnt stand alone

debbiejo
Their women are second class, possibly third class. I would never become that.

I think the women here would go nuts and kill them.....We have special ways of doing that.. bunny

And don't forget, there are a lot of stressed out people in the US, and they would be just itching for a reason to take out some of their little frustrations in a more meaningful, and healthy way.....lol

Remember we have people like Timothy McVey living here....Terry Nichols lived within an 1 1/2 hours drive from me....This is militia country.. .lol

Bardock42
Their women are second class, possibly third class. I would never become that.

I sure hope so.

Your owner would never allow a class increase like that I assume.

lil bitchiness
you can doubt alll you want, but I would never convert especially to a neanderthal like the extremist muslims. Fight fire wiht fire and I wouldnt stand alone
...and you would end up dead. Legaly. Crime of being a kafir is death.

If your kid is small, they probably wouldn't kill him/her, but raise him/her as a Muslim. In the end, you died for nothing.
Like many before you did.

Theo van Gogh fought with movie, but still got killed.

SpearofDestiny
No. Islam is poo poo thumb down stick out tongue

Shakyamunison

If your kid is small, they probably wouldn't kill him/her, but raise him/her as a Muslim. In the end, you died for nothing.

Theo van Gogh fought with movie, but still got killed.

Then the answer would be kill all of them before they have a chance to kill you?

SpearofDestiny
The girl in Theo Van Gogh's movie still fears for her life. She is too terrified to walk alone without some kind of protection, because she is definately a target of angry fanatic Muslims.

lil bitchiness
Then the answer would be kill all of them before they have a chance to kill you?

Maybe to you, but not to me.Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
The girl in Theo Van Gogh's movie still fears for her life. She is too terrified to walk alone without some kind of protection, because she is definately a target of angry fanatic Muslims.

You mean the girl in the movie, or the girl who made the movie with him?

Shakyamunison
Maybe to you, but not to me...

To me? laughing You are just not following me. Let put it to you simply: If the Christian world was truly threatened by the Muslim world, there would no longer be a Muslim world. I am not in support of that, but it is a fact.

Bardock42

Theo van Gogh fought with movie, but still got killed. You actually think that Islam is going to take over the west?

Bicnarok

Devil King
Originally posted by Bardock42
You actually think that Islam is going to take over the west?

What's worse, is that she seems to condone any method used to accomplish the goal.

Devil King
Many of them grew up in that kinda environment, and they don't mind.

You've said it yourself. They grew up in that environment, they don't know anything else. I agree it's a faulty argument that they need saving from their own lifestyle, but anyone will find happiness and normalcy in teh routine of their everyday existence.

There's nothing redemptive about a culture that doesn't allow the choice to be made for themselves; how they'll live.

Would you be happy living like that? And don't misunderstand, I'm not saying their culture needs to change, or have change forced upon it. I'm saying they might not make the same descisions, if they had the chance to make one at all.

anaconda
thats the way someone who would bow down wihtout a struggle talk, that away the bully always win, again fight fire with fire, bullies aint used to that and that catches them off guard, they bleed and die too

point is that they would never be in that position, not here, not in the States , not in most of the western world, they would get whiped out in China...........so muslim fanatics can dream on of this luny world domination of theirs, if they were to try we just copy the Serbian way of handeling that scenario or any other religious groups that tries to enforce their ways uppon others

lil bitchiness
You actually think that Islam is going to take over the west?

Don't think that it will or it wont. Whatever really, I don't mind either way.

As far as I'm concerned, USA, UK, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait...same thing.

On one side are Christians who think their values should be universal and followed by everybody, that their culture is superior and should be flowed by everybody and their political system is the best and should be followed by everybody, and the others are Muslims and think their values should be universal and followed by everybody, that their culture is superior and should be flowed by everybody and their political system is the best and should be followed by everybody.

All the same really...

Atheists in Turkey and elsewhere are product of Islamic culture, just like atheists in USA are product of western Christian culture. Minus religion, obviously.

Originally posted by Devil King
You've said it yourself. They grew up in that environment, they don't know anything else. I agree it's a faulty argument that they need saving from their own lifestyle, but anyone will find happiness and normalcy in teh routine of their everyday existence.

There's nothing redemptive about a culture that doesn't allow the choice to be made for themselves; how they'll live.

Would you be happy living like that? And don't misunderstand, I'm not saying their culture needs to change, or have change forced upon it. I'm saying they might not make the same descisions, if they had the chance to make one at all.

Well you're entitled to an opinion. The fact remains that the western values are not universal. Hence the rest of the world.

What's worse, is that she seems to condone any method used to accomplish the goal.
I seem to condone what exactly in relations to Islam?

SpearofDestiny
You mean the girl in the movie, or the girl who made the movie with him?

The Muslim girl in the movie.

There was a 3-part program called "God's Warriors" on CNN I beleive. They discussed the zealotry of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

Islam was the second part, and they mentioned the film by Theo Van Gogh, who had his throat cut open by an angry Muslim fanatic. The Muslim woman who participated in his film (as the model for the battered woman) is in dreaded fear for her life. She is afraid to walk alone now, knowing that someone is waiting to punish her for her part in the film.

Devil King
Well you're entitled to an opinion. The fact remains that the western values are not universal. Hence the rest of the world.

And that's fine. I'll never say that the whole world should be any one way. But, I can certainly think that the freedom to be one thing or another is better than not having that option. Sorry, but that's a fact. And it isn't an exclusively western concept.

I seem to condone what exactly in relations to Islam?

Specifically, I'm not sure. But the tone of disdain for everything American is apparent in a majority of what you say. I'm not making accusations, but the mood of a lot of your posts suggest you're one sleepless night of internet research away from joining some fanatical anti-American group.

I've seen you get angry about sweeping generalizations made about Islam or Muslim cultures. All I've asked is that you not do the same for America. Not every American is a communion-chewing, nation-building, imperialist. Just like not every Muslim is an AK-47 toting, plane crashing "terrorist".

SpearofDestiny
I haven't read a post where Lil B defends Islam erm

Devil King
Defending Islam isn't my point.

debbiejo

Your Are one of the most intelligent posters on this forum, I really respect you in every way. Thank God for debbiejo!

I know, it's because I'm god too.

Bless you my son. big grin

lil bitchiness

I've seen you get angry about sweeping generalizations made about Islam or Muslim cultures.

I am about the most fierce opponent of Islam on this board, so you're right, you're not quite sure what you mean.

Its the American ''our way of thinking/doing is the best and everyone else is primitive and wrong'' which annoys the crap out of me.
Other people maybe don't want saving, and particularly not from America. Why aren't the Chinese or Japanese imposing their values on the world?

If people come to America, they should be expected to conform to American way of living (not other way around), but if they're not there, their values are their own and should be respected as that.

debbiejo
Not to argue or anything, but the American way of thinking means choosing to do what you want as far as your beliefs are. Nobody is forced. There are many subgroups that are very strong and convicted ofr their beliefs and dress the part as well.

Bardock42
I know, it's because I'm god too.

Bless you my son. big grin

Jesus, you scared me there for a second.

I read the quote of me and thought "Damn, I'm a ****ing moron"

debbiejo
It took you long enough.......Hahahaha

Devil King
I am about the most fierce opponent of Islam on this board, so you're right, you're not quite sure what you mean.

Defending Islam isn't my point.

Its the American ''our way of thinking/doing is the best and everyone else is primitive and wrong'' which annoys the crap out of me.
Other people maybe don't want saving, and particularly not from America. Why aren't the Chinese or Japanese imposing their values on the world?

That's George Bush's attitude, yes. But that's not how we all feel. It's that generalization I'm talking about. And that's what I said. Maybe they don't want to be saved. But exisiting in a society where you don't have the right to make that descision for yourself, personally, will never be a better thing. I don't think it's America's place to spread freedom. That's the job of the people in those countries. I have often quoted Roosevelt and it makes perfect sense to do it, again.

If people come to America, they should be expected to conform to American way of living (not other way around), but if they're not there, their values are their own and should be respected as that.

If it outrages you that "America" operates that way, then don't you think it might not be a very good way to go about expressing your own opinion?

Also, I think China does a lot to spread their ideology. As for Japan, they're like the Jews, they don't want any more members.

Bardock42
It took you long enough.......Hahahaha

No, see, because you wrote what was in the quote you are the ****ing moron smile

lord xyz
Not to argue or anything, but the American way of thinking means choosing to do what you want as far as your beliefs are. Nobody is forced. There are many subgroups that are very strong and convicted ofr their beliefs and dress the part as well. Nobody is forced to do something in America? Haha. It's that kind of oblivious humour that gets me laughing.

debbiejo
No, see, because you wrote what was in the quote you are the ****ing moron smile No, no...I'm stupid. Remember? You're the moron.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What religion have you been forced to be then?

confused

Bardock42
No, no...I'm stupid. Remember? You're the moron.. roll eyes (sarcastic)
You are both.

debbiejo
You forgot the smilie with that...crybaby

Idiot!

lord xyz
You forgot the smilie with that...crybaby

Idiot! I have no idea whether I should agree or not.

lord xyz
No, no...I'm stupid. Remember? You're the moron.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What religion have you been forced to be then?

confused None. I'm not American.

lil bitchiness
I think what he means is that Americans do not have freedoms they themselves believe to have.

debbiejo
The sad thing about Americans is that they can easily be lolled into many things because they are not invested in what is important

lord xyz
I think what he means is that Americans do not have freedoms they themselves believe to have. Infact, countries in Europe are more free. One of them being the UK, the one they wanted freedom from.

debbiejo
How are they more free? confused

lord xyz
How are they more free? confused Less people forcing religion for a start.

lil bitchiness
How are they more free? confused

Like for example, I don't think things like patriot act would work on average people here. Not just UK, but everywhere in Europe, and ESPECIALLY France.

(recently voted the most annoying nation in Europe stick out tongue)

Some of it its down to culture, I suppose.

lord xyz
Like for example, I don't think things like patriot act would work on average people here. Not just UK, but everywhere in Europe, and ESPECIALLY France.

(recently voted the most annoying nation in Europe stick out tongue)

Some of it its down to culture, I suppose. Ermm, have you seen London? lol

debbiejo
Soooo the movies are true.......lol

Bardock42

Some of it its down to culture, I suppose. Having some for one.

debbiejo
This is not your fantasy board.

lord xyz
Having some for one. And we have better history.

debbiejo
Yes, some countries want to do them all.......how slutty.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by lord xyz
And we have better history.

...which is longer than 300 years...

Symmetric Chaos

Fear and terror seem to work well on the French (or just about anybody actually) I don't see why the Patriot act would fail to work. It might not get passed but if it did nothing would stop it from doing what it's designed to.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Fear and terror seem to work well on the French (or just about anybody actually) I don't see why the Patriot act would fail to work. It might not get passed but if it did nothing would stop it from doing what it's designed to.

Because people in Europe were disgusted at the Patriot Act, and because anyone with any basic knowledge of History knows that Patriot Act carries dictatorial characteristics.

Fear and terror work best on the Americans. Just spurt out few words about threatening liberty, democrasy and patriotism, and you have a half a country cheering for things, regardless of how stupid and dangerous they are.

Symmetric Chaos
Because people in Europe were disgusted at the Patriot Act, and because anyone with any basic knowledge of History knows that Patriot Act carries dictatorial characteristics.

I'm pretty sure everyone sees that? But once it's there the Patriot Act essentially protects itself from common sense or laws.

Fear and terror work best on the Americans. Just spurt out few words about threatening liberty, democrasy and patriotism, and you have a half a country cheering for things, regardless of how stupid and dangerous they are.

That type of manipulation has worked since the first caveman told his buddies that the guys on the other side of the river were taking their food. Just because Americans have the most obvious things to target doesn't mean that they're easier to manipulate.

Devil King
and you have a half a country cheering

thank you.

...which is longer than 300 years...

irrelevant

Shakyamunison
...Fear and terror work best on the Americans. Just spurt out few words about threatening liberty, democrasy and patriotism, and you have a half a country cheering for things, regardless of how stupid and dangerous they are.

No, words don't mean shit, but if you kill almost 3000 people, that will cause fear.

debbiejo
Not everybody is for wars, in fact most people are against any wars such as the ones we are involved in.

Shakyamunison
Not everybody is for wars, in fact most people are against any wars such as the ones we are involved in.

However, even Buddha said that a nation must protect it's people.

debbiejo
And carry a Big Stick, Oh, that was Truman.

Devil King
actually, it was teddy roosevelt.

debbiejo
Oops.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I'm pretty sure everyone sees that? But once it's there the Patriot Act essentially protects itself from common sense or laws.

That type of manipulation has worked since the first caveman told his buddies that the guys on the other side of the river were taking their food. Just because Americans have the most obvious things to target doesn't mean that they're easier to manipulate.

Actually it is.
Americans never really had a distructive force (or a war) on their own soil, apart from 9/11.
That was the first time that a foreign group of people attack Americans on American soil.

Most of Europe has had their towns and cities destroyed by foreign troops in war, and they look at foreign threat little different than Americans do.
Thats why 9/11 was such a shock to Americans.
Perhaps more so than it really should have been.

Shakyamunison
Actually it is.
Americans never really had a distructive force (or a war) on their own soil, apart from 9/11.
That was the first time that a foreign group of people attack Americans on American soil.

Most of Europe has had their towns and cities destroyed by foreign troops in war, and they look at foreign threat little different than Americans do.

The war of 1812.

Devil King
Actually it is.
Americans never really had a war on their own soil, apart from 9/11.

Sure we've had wars on our own soil. We haven't in a long time, but that doesn't erase the past. It might make it easier for most people to forget, but it doesn't negate their existence.

Do you have this much angst over the Swiss?

lil bitchiness
The war of 1812.

War of colonies. Hardly the same as having WWI or WWII on your soil. 2,260 American troops died.

Hardly comparable to a small scale European wars of 17th and 18th century.

Shakyamunison
War of colonies. Hardly the same as having WWI or WWII on your soil. 2,260 American troops died.

Hardly comparable to a small scale European wars of 17th and 18th century.

So, what is your point? Is there some kind of badge you get for living in a part of the world that can't stop killing each other. There have been a lot of wars here in the US. Just ask any Native Americans to tell you about there ancestry.

Most people in the world are way too self concerned to really understand the long term damage of war.

lil bitchiness
So, what is your point? Is there some kind of badge you get for living in a part of the world that can't stop killing each other. There have been a lot of wars here in the US. Just ask any Native Americans to tell you about there ancestry.

Most people in the world are way too self concerned to really understand the long term damage of war.

Perhaps you should go back and read what I have wrote, as I have made my point already.
As for getting bages of distructivness, I think America gets more than many countries in the World.

But in case you need repeating, here it is -

Apart from 9/11 Americans never had a foregin destructive force on their soil, (like, you know, bombs, buildings collapsing, bombings..) nor they had such acts of terrorism (like you know UK had IRA) thus their outlook on the forgein force is DIFFERENT to that of Europeans.

Ask any Native American? I don't think I can, seems most of them have been systematically exterminated.

WrathfulDwarf

Ask any Native American? I don't think I can, seems they have all been systematically exterminated. Ethnically cleansed from America.

lil, if were to ask the Native Americans...not only would they say that it were Americans that screw them...but also Europeans who came here seeking gold, land, and other stuff.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
lil, if were to ask the Native Americans...not only would they say that it were Americans that screw them...but also Europeans who came here seeking gold, land, and other stuff.

Exactly. Rich bored Europeans with nothing better to do, but conquer. No denying that.

(suppose you can blame it on the French, they were the first over.)

Shakyamunison
Perhaps you should go back and read what I have wrote, as I have made my point already.
As for getting bages od distructivness, I think America gets more than many countries in the World.

But in case you need repeating, here it is -

Apart from 9/11 Americans never had a foregin destructive force on their soil, (like, you know, bombs, buildings collapsing, bombings..) thus their outlook on the forgein force is DIFFERENT to that of Europeans.

Ask any Native American? I don't think I can, seems they have all been systematically exterminated. Ethnically cleansed from America.

It's not what you are saying that is wrong, it is what you are implying. It seems you are implying that Europeans are more realistic then Americans because Europeans have had more blood shed on their home land then Americans. I don't think that makes Europeans more realistic; I think it makes them jaded.

Bardock42
It's not what you are saying that is wrong, it is what you are implying. It seems you are implying that Europeans are more realistic then Americans because Europeans have had more blood shed on their home land then Americans. I don't think that makes Europeans more realistic; I think it makes them jaded.

Odd standpoint...seeing as the US are the ones starting/fighting tha major wars lately.

cyber tuff guy!
I don't think I can, seems they have all been systematically exterminated. Ethnically cleansed from America.

Actually given the small initial number and the time since colonisation (500 years) you would expect most of the culture of the Native Americans which was prehistoric by European standards to have gone and the gene pool to have been absorbed by the greater number of European colonisers offspring through marriage. The fact some still live in tribes on reservations is very unusual for any ethnic society after such a long period of being in the minority. Examples of this are the effects of the Roman Empire on bronze age Europe. The movement of Christianity and Islam and how for the most part these religions superseeded the previous belief systems or caused them to scatter.

It's hardly ethnic cleansing ask Keanu Reeves.

Shakyamunison
Odd standpoint...seeing as the US are the ones starting/fighting tha major wars lately.

Really? When did this war start? Try 1979.

Robtard

Ask any Native American? I don't think I can, seems most of them have been systematically exterminated.

Though less than 1% of the total U.S. polulation, there are roughly 2.5 million native Americans living in the U.S.

lord xyz
The war of 1812. One. Wow. Lol.

cyber tuff guy!
Originally posted by cyber tuff guy!
Actually given the small initial number and the time since colonisation (500 years) you would expect most of the culture of the Native Americans which was prehistoric by European standards to have gone and the gene pool to have been absorbed by the greater number of European colonisers offspring through marriage. The fact some still live in tribes on reservations is very unusual for any ethnic society after such a long period of being in the minority. Examples of this are the effects of the Roman Empire on bronze age Europe. The movement of Christianity and Islam and how for the most part these religions superseeded the previous belief systems or caused them to scatter.

It's hardly ethnic cleansing ask Keanu Reeves.

Originally posted by Robtard
Though less than 1% of the total U.S. polulation, there are roughly 2.5 million native Americans living in the U.S.

Far more than I expected.

lord xyz
Though less than 1% of the total U.S. polulation, there are roughly 2.5 million native Americans living in the U.S. That's half the people in my county.

cyber tuff guy!
That's half the people in my county.

The U.K. has 60 million in it.

Shakyamunison
One. Wow. Lol.

No, It was just all I could think of. embarrasment

Quiero Mota
Ask any Native American? I don't think I can

...Because you're not gonna meet too many of them sitting in front of a computer in England.

lord xyz
No, It was just all I could think of. embarrasment Hehe, well the is the war of independance, and I think another after that, so 3. And they were all against us!

Strange, you can beat us in a war, but you can't beat Vietnam?

Quiero Mota
Hehe, well the is the war of independance, and I think another after that, so 3. And they were all against us!

Strange, you can beat us in a war, but you can't beat Vietnam?

The fact that the British actually had uniforms and no 5-year-olds in their ranks certainly made a difference.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
The fact that the British actually had uniforms and no 5-year-olds in their ranks certainly made a difference. Well, that's true. But we are still better fighters than smelly Asians.

lil bitchiness

Yeah, thats what CIA says as well. That includes Alaskan natives (although one might assume they weren't many to begin with).

However, as far as I understand, Natives in South America are far bigger in numbers today, than there are in N. America.

Zebedee
Yeah, thats what CIA says as well. That includes Alaskan natives (although one might assume they weren't many to begin with).

However, as far as I understand, Natives in South America are far bigger in numbers today, than there are in N. America.

Rain forests and demography.

lil bitchiness
Demography is merely a statistical representation of the populations, not a factor in then.

And what do rain forests have to do with anything?

Zebedee
Demography is merely a statistical representation of the populations, not a factor in then.

And what do rain forests have to do with anything?

they help isolatate populations causing demoraphic stability amongst indiginous peoples.

SelphieT
If it was a life and death situation, yeah, I guess I would. But I'm just scared that all the rednecks or strong christians won't if it became that bad of an issue.

I'm athiest, so yeah, it'd bug me, but I wouldn't twist my panties in a knot.

Devil King
One. Wow. Lol.

You know that's not true. There have been more.

But I like how American involvment in the European theater has been ignored in this thread.

Look, I'm the first to stand up and talk about what I dislike about America, it's leaders and it's foreign policy. I can even understand people in other countries who look at the American system and get outraged by the American people, because we're supposed to be the ones in charge of our own country. Well, we aren't. Short of total revolt, I don't see how that's going to change. I'm all for pointing out how lazy and apathetic the American people can be in regards to the actions of it's leaders and it's military.

But it's those same lazy, fat, warmongering people that got up and boarded ships by the millions to fight in Europe. Who's forgetting their history in that regard?

Ranger Smith

But I like how American involvment in the European theater has been ignored in this thread.

Look, I'm the first to stand up and talk about what I dislike about America, it's leaders and it's foreign policy. I can even understand people in other countries who look at the American system and get outraged by the American people, because we're supposed to be the ones in charge of our own country. Well, we aren't. Short of total revolt, I don't see how that's going to change. I'm all for pointing out how lazy and apathetic the American people can be in regards to the actions of it's leaders and it's military.

But it's those same lazy, fat, warmongering people that got up and boarded ships by the millions to fight in Europe. Who's forgetting their history in that regard?

All true, although we were all allies and an Uncle of mine died twenty years later due to truama suffered in a Prisoner of War camp in Japan. I never met him obviously.

America is certainly not an evil nation intrinsically. I blame multi national big business far more than a single nation for the worlds evils.

Devil King
Originally posted by Ranger Smith
All true, although we were all allies and an Uncle of mine died twenty years later due to truama suffered in a Prisoner of War camp in Japan. I never met him obviously.

America is certainly not an evil nation intrinsically. I blame multi national big business far more than a single nation for the worlds evils.

Sadly, there is little difference between big buisness and the American government.

Bardock42
Really? When did this war start? Try 1979. What are you trying to say.

Ranger Smith
Sadly, there is little difference between big buisness and the American government.

All capitalists have lobbyists and are corrupt, in fact all communist nations also had this.

I say again the American people are not evil.

Shakyamunison

Devil King
Originally posted by Ranger Smith
I say again the American people are not evil.

and I say again: I agree.

As for 1979, it started a long time before that. The middle east was where the actual, physical conflicts of the cold war took place. And the cold war was a result of the second world war, which was a result of the first, etc, etc.

Ranger Smith

smile

Shakyamunison

As for 1979, it started a long time before that. The middle east was where the actual, physical conflicts of the cold war took place. And the cold war was a result of the second world war, which was a result of the first, etc, etc.

Yes, I am aware of the connection to WW1, but I was trying to point out that the conflict is older then current events.

debbiejo
The middle east has been having problems with the christians for way longer. The crusades, that started it, I believe......and it's been going ever since.

It's a war that will never end. Never.

lil bitchiness
The middle east has been having problems with the christians for way longer. The crusades, that started it, I believe......and it's been going ever since.

It's a war that will never end. Never.

I think you'll find we've been having more problems with Muslims no expression

Christianity is so irrelevant in the Middle East. It has been for the past 1400 years.

Bardock42

Shakyamunison
Oh okay, so you weren't relating to my point. Cool.

You had a point? confused eek! laughing

chillmeistergen
Bollocks would those people never convert to Islam, most of those people would convert if I even mentioned taking away their internet connection, as a punishment of not doing so.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Bollocks would those people never convert to Islam, most of those people would convert if I even mentioned taking away their internet connection, as a punishment of not doing so. Haha.

lord xyz

But it's those same lazy, fat, warmongering people that got up and boarded ships by the millions to fight in Europe. Who's forgetting their history in that regard? Actually, quite a lot of Americans do step foreward, butthey get taken away by people in power. If just one person knew the shit the US Government has done over the past 60 years, they would all be dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.