Is WWH above Top Tier ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FearOfBlood
Copy and paste from Wisemansays:

First off, the be objective, lets forget he's the Hulk for a second. Lets try to imagine some new character and put him in Hulks shoes.

Insert some new unknown character into these situations. Call him "character X" or "CX". Imagine that "CX" handles each situation just as well or poorly as Hulk did.

Now rank each showing as to how you feel it would place that character given limited information.

Star meter
* = No biggie, doesn't make him top tier but doesn't indicate he is clearly below top tier either.
** = this seems to indicate the character is at least a top tier.
*** = this would rate as a very high showing, even for a top tier.
**** = this seems to be something that might put this character above even top tiers.

-If you feel that the rating falls between categories feel free to give 1/2 stars.
-If you feel my description of events is inaccurate, then note the inaccuracy and rate what you think actually happened.

CHARACTERS EVALUATION

1- First off you have the word of Reed Richards who says that "character X's power is off the charts
(WWH2)

2- Then you have brainiacs like Beast, Doc Samson and Dr. Strange all comment about how "character X" is stronger than they have ever seen the HUlk.
(WWH/X-men 1-3/ WWH 1-2)

3 -Shield diagnostics also confirm that character X is operating at a power level higher than the Hulk has ever registered
(Ironman 20)

4 - After a brief scuffle, Hercules comments how "character X" could have easily killed him (when have you ever heard Hercules say a character is out of his league?)
(IH 108)

5 - Dr. Strange describes Ghost Riders powers as "for all intents and purposes, Boundless. Godlike" yet also says that its only a possiblity that he could defeat character X. He doesn't know one way or the other.
(Ghost Rider 13)

6 - Tony Stark notes that no power in earth could stop "character X"
(Ironman 19)

7- Starks doesn't feel like he has any plan that can stop "character X", His only option is using high tech designs to teleport his entire base of operations into a unstable portion of the negative zone, causing a massive matter/antimatter explosion (Ironman 20)***

8 - Reporters observing "character X" battle with the combined forces of the Avengers and Fantastic four said that our "heroes lost so unequivocally, that they seemed to be infants against a giant "
(WWH Frontline 2)

9 -Darwin, a mutant with the power to adapt to any situation and evolve powers specifically for any given threat, is ineffective. His body decides that the best defense against "character X" is to be somewhere else. He evolves into a gas and flees. (WWH /X-men 3)

SHOWS OF STRENGTH

10- Character X defeats Ironmans most powerful armor rather easily (according to handbooks this armor was more powerful than the armor Stark used to battle king Thor). Also Ironmans previous Hulk buster armor was rated at class 120. This armor was at least 2X as large. (WWH 1)

11- Character Xs original collision with the Ironman uber armor sent shockwaves thru the city--shattering every window and causing strong enough waves in the harbors to overturn boats (IH 107)

12- After 3 blows, Character X leaves Hercules battered and visibly disfigured (IH 107)

13- Easily overpowers the combined might of the brutish mutant Rockslide and the tk power of another mutant. (WWH/X-men1)

14- In a test of strength that lasts 2 panels, Character X bends and deforms Collossus' arms.
(WWH/X-men )

15- Beats Wolverine down severely enough that he is still suffering from brain damage in the next issue.
(WWH/ X-men 2)

16- Overloads Strong guy (mutant that absorbs kinetic energy) with a single punch, causing his heart to be damaged (WWH/X-men 3)

17 -Briefly stops a moving Juggernaut (2 out of 3 emails from the writer confirm this).

18- Is shown to have beat Black Bolt to a pulp (WWH 1)

19- One blow takes Ares out (WWH 2)

20- One casual blow takes class 100 She-hulk out (WWH 2)

21 -One blow takes out Thing (WWH 2)

SHOWS OF GENERAL RESILIENCE

22- Character X, while distracted and likely blinded, takes a double fist blow from Hercules. while he is knocked down he is up ready for battle by the next panel. (IH 107)

23- Character X is bombarded with thousands of adamantium rounds from high caliber military weaponry, as well as bombs carrying adamantium shrapnel payloads. He is injured he is able keep fighting at a high level. By issues end there is no remaining signs he even took damage.
(IH 109/WWH 3)

24- Character X takes an adamantium spike to the base of the skull (or throat depending on the comic) by the uber Ironman armor and continues to fight un impaired. (WWH 1/Ironman 19)

25- Sustains a barrage of attacks from 5 different powered mutants while casually talking and taking no damage. (WWH/Xmen 1)

26 - Has his eyes gouged by adamantium claws and continues to effectively fight. (WWH/X-men 1)

27- Takes being jabbed by Adamantium claws directly in the eyes and is still fighting (WWH/X-men 2)

28- Sustains a barrage from Cyclop/Collossus/Lockjaw simultaneously without effect or damage. (WWH/X-men 2)

29 - Takes an adamantium bullet from a high caliber pistol at point blank range into his open eye and he just keeps fighting (WWH 3)

30- Sustains a max power blast from Cyclops with only minor damage. (fraied hair and distorted skin) The blast does nothing to impede his battle effectiveness.

31- Takes simultaneous blows from Collossus/Beast/ hardened Emma/Lockjaw with no sign of effect or damage, while casually talking (WWH/X-men 2)

32-Sustains simultaneous blows form Monet/ Strong guy and Warpath without effect or damage, while casually talking (WWH/X-men 3)

33-Has his shoulder blades stabbed through with Vibranium knives from Warpath and quickly heals while continuing to fight (WWH/X-men 3)

34 -Has the X-Jet crashed on him and appears totally unharmed (WWH/X-men 3)

35 -Takes his own force directed against him and is floored, but unhurt. (WWH/X-men 3)

36- Sustains a whisper from black Bolt and is able to continue fighting. (WWH 1)

37- Sustains Human Torchs full Nova blast and is unharmed. (WWH 2)

38- Takes a lightning blast + a blast from Human torch simultaneously without being harmed (WWH2)

39- Direct punches from Thing and She-hulk bloody this characters nose, but do 0 in terms of actually slowing down his battle capability. This character also appears to hardly acknowledge the attacks.
(WWH 2)

DEFENSE AGAINST MENTAL PROBING OR ATTACK

40 -Shields units of tps where unable to breach and read the mind of "character X"
(Ironman 20)

41- Trauma who was rated as an "Omega class" threat was ineffective vs "character X", it was shown that character X has no fears that can be exploited.

42 -Professor X and Emma Frosts mental assaults are ineffectual vs."Character X"
(WWH/X-men 1&3)

43 -Dr. Strange is unable to mystically breach Character Xs mind without extreme help and distraction.
(WWH1-3)

DEFENSE AGAINST MATTER/ENERGY MANIPULATION TYPE ATTACKS

****note*** replace the "gamma" in this section with whatever might be most effective vs a particular top tier. (Imagine a Kryptonian taking Kryptonite based attacks or whatever)

44 -Shield designed "gamma inhibitor canon" was completely ineffective vs "character X" (Ironman 20)

45 -Shield designed toxins that are meant to specifically disrupt his physiology keep him down for about 2 pages, but character Xs healing factor takes care of it and he's fully recovered and battle ready after a short time. (IH 110)

46 -Elixir, the "Death touch kid", full power touch only temporarily deprives character X of his healing factor. a few pages later he's back at full operating efficiency. (WWH/X-men 1)

47 -Overcomes being phased into the ground by Shadowcat after 3 panels. (WWH/X-men 2)

48-Darwins evolves the ability to drain Gamma rays (CXs power source) but is unable to effect CX. (WWH/X-men3)

49- Is able to overcome Reed Richards attempt to synthesize energies that have been known to sedate the character before (WWH 2)

Discuss please!

Estacado
He is above Galactus!!!!

Oh and I doubt anyone gives a shit about this.ermm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Estacado
I doubt anyone gives a shit about this.ermm

llagrok
lmao

Someone's using the word "unharmed" a little too loosely.

Evil_Ash
At least enraged Hank Pym level.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
At least enraged Hank Pym level.

If you'd been paying attention to the Tourney you'd know just how powerful that is.

grey fox
Mostly hyperbole

TricksterPriest
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/bitchslap-1.png

Nuff said. apocalypse cool Is Apocalypse gonna have to choke a *****?

Kutulu
Good post, but if you haven't guessed it yet, this is the anti-Hulk forum, or in other words this forum is full of Hulk hate.

Hulk could knock out a watcher, rip off Galactus' head, and stomp on Eternity's neck and still be disrespected in this forum, simply because he is the Hulk.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Kutulu
Good post, but if you haven't guessed it yet, this is the anti-Hulk forum, or in other words this forum is full of Hulk hate.

Hulk could knock out a watcher, rip off Galactus' head, and stomp on Eternity's neck and still be disrespected in this forum, simply because he is the Hulk. Saying things like that is a good way to get labeled as being a fanboy... which is what the hate is aimed at not the character.

And doing things like that is a good way to gather ACTUAL hate towards the character...

Symmetric Chaos

Thats just llgrok leftright

strengthkills

Hulk could knock out a watcher, rip off Galactus' head, and stomp on Eternity's neck and still be disrespected in this forum, simply because he is the Hulk. QFT

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Creshosk
Saying things like that is a good way to get labeled as being a fanboy... which is what the hate is aimed at not the character.

And doing things like that is a good way to gather ACTUAL hate towards the character...

QFT

SnazzySmurph

Hulk could knock out a watcher, rip off Galactus' head, and stomp on Eternity's neck and still be disrespected in this forum, simply because he is the Hulk. That's funny. I thought we were the anti-DC, anti-Superman and anti-Apocalypse forum, as claimed the last couple disgruntled fanboys.

Ho hum.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
That's funny. I thought we were the anti-DC, anti-Superman and anti-Apocalypse forum, as claimed the last couple disgruntled fanboys.

Ho hum.

anti-Storm...can't believe you forgot that one. stick out tongue

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
anti-Storm...can't believe you forgot that one. stick out tongue Oh yeah... we're such haters... laughcry

Evil_Ash
That's funny. I thought we were the anti-Marvel, anti-Superman and anti-Apocalypse forum, as claimed the last couple disgruntled fanboys.

Ho hum.

Fixed. 131

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
anti-Storm...can't believe you forgot that one. stick out tongue

We're anti-Thanos too!

strengthkills
Oh yeah... we're such haters... laughcry Most of you have a VERY active imagination, others cant tell bullshit from roses.

FearOfBlood

Hulk could knock out a watcher, rip off Galactus' head, and stomp on Eternity's neck and still be disrespected in this forum, simply because he is the Hulk.

I know it. Just for the record: in other boards this Hulk(WWH) is above top tier and Thanos/Darkseid level.

janus77
though he is right about the strong anti-Hulk bias, this kinda thread just makes it all the more pleasurable, I'm guessing.

what's the point with these out of context and somewhat hodgepodge examples?

nobody's going to take any of it in, when debating versus matches.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by janus77
though he is right about the strong anti-Hulk bias, this kinda thread just makes it all the more pleasurable, I'm guessing.

what's the point with these out of context and somewhat hodgepodge examples?

nobody's going to take any of it in, when debating versus matches.

We're not debating versus matches.

pr1983
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
I know it. Just for the record: in other boards this Hulk(WWH) is above top tier and Thanos/Darkseid level.

then the other boards are wrong...

janus77
what on earth does that mean though?

why does he have to be "above top tier"?

he's the Hulk, he's kicked ass for decades, he's a fascinating read (or has been so in the past and most definitely so right now with the WWH arc) and he is an immensely popular character... why the need to turn him into your own personal avatar?

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Estacado
He is above Galactus!!!!

Oh and I doubt anyone gives a shit about this.ermm

Let me guess, your fav is stronger than the hulk.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by janus77
what on earth does that mean though?

why does he have to be "above top tier"?

he's the Hulk, he's kicked ass for decades, he's a fascinating read (or has been so in the past and most definitely so right now with the WWH arc) and he is an immensely popular character... why the need to turn him into your own personal avatar? And thus, you have found the thin line between biased fan (you, me, Bada stick out tongue), and deranged fanboy.

SnazzySmurph
Let me guess, your fav is stronger than the hulk. Oh, let me guess, Hulk is stronger than my fav.

janus77
oh man... I'm STRONGER THAN HULK. here let me prove it.

*goes and tears up a copy of The Incredible Hulk*
there.
stick out tongue

seriously, these are just fictional characters, they are do not have any greater significance no.

Estacado
Let me guess, your fav is stronger than the hulk.
So you only like Hulk because you think no one can beat him?
Venom is one of my favorite characters a lot of other chars could beat him but I don't care..... This isn't a competition that my fav can beat yours most of the people like their chars because of their "personality" and the way he/she is written not because he can beat everyone.......ermm

janus77
And thus, you have found the thin line between biased fan (you, me, Bada stick out tongue), and deranged fanboy.
nah, I'm just here for the Wonder Woman pictures... I partake of the 'debates' just to disguise my perverse agenda evil face.

Symmetric Chaos

Its so cool how you never post links to those forums. You so crazy.

strengthkills
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Its so cool how you never post links to those forums. You so crazy. QFT,The boards that I know of think that Hulk is High Herald Level and that Thanos and Darkseid walk the line between Top Tier and Skyfather(Odin).

Ptr_Grifin
FearofBlood, Hulk did NOT stop Juggernaut. The writer used it as a word to describe how Hulk prevented Juggs from beating him down. The writer mentioned that Juggernaut didn't want to push Hulk, but rather fight him.

So Hulk did NOT stop Juggernaut in a charge.

DigiMark007

Thank goodness we're here then.

wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.