Sith Eyes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
Palpatine was the first seen with them but as the SW Universe grew, "Sith Eyes" came to others like Darth maul and (briefly) Anakin Skywalker.

Some reason, Dooku never had them.

But what other Sith have had them? Any? The concept of Sith Eyes is after the creation of Exar and them so it's understandable they don't have them.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
But what other Sith have had them? Any?

Jacen Solo is shown to have them on the cover of the Legacy of the force book Revelation.

Shin_Nikkolas
I heard Krayt has them. For his one real eye.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
I heard Krayt has them. For his one real eye.

When he removes his helmet you can see he has one blue eye and one orange-redish eye.(that is probably the real one) or is it because if he turns out to be white eyes from the recent inferno novel......

Violent2Dope
Nihilus has black eyes.

Shin_Nikkolas
I say he has no eyes.

Violent2Dope
I doubt that. How can one percieve the ugliness as he put it of the universe if he himself cannot see it? I think it was also stated that Nihilus showed Visas the universe thru his eyes.

Lightsnake
Krayt's note White Eyes. White Eyes comments on 'the Master' meeting Vergere....

Shin_Nikkolas

Gideon
Personally? I consider the 'Sith eyes' to be determined on how far along someone is along the path to the dark side. Emperor Palpatine is pretty much the undisputed Evil ******* of the Star Wars mythos, virtually unparalleled in his wicked ways. Though few consider him so, Darth Maul has been stated by numerous sources to have been "an instrument of pure hatred" -- so while he isn't a psychological mastermind such as Darth Sidious or a zealous brute like Darth Malak, he is irredeemably evil.

Anakin and Dooku are great cases. I don't consider either one of them to be "pure evil". Anakin, at that point, had become twisted and corrupted by the dark side, essentially off his rocker. Whereas Dooku seemed to be in the dark side more or less for the knowledge for knowledge's sake. Not that Dooku is any less evil; he's committed numerous crimes and willingly perpetuated a galactic conflict at the behest of his master that cost the lives of billions. But I don't think that he's either pure evil such as the Emperor, nor is he a twisted lunatic like Vader.

DarthLazious
I still think Dooku should have had "Sith Eyes" in atleast ROTS.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Darth Talon has "sith eyes".

Captain REX
Most Sith of the New Sith Order possess this trait, I think?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Captain REX
Most Sith of the New Sith Order possess this trait, I think?

They do, but isn't a better question...Does it matter whether or not a Sith has "sith eyes"?

Captain REX
It didn't until Revenge of the Sith, at least...

0°Mandalore°0
Sith Eyes are kinda creepy...

Manslayer
Originally posted by Gideon
But I don't think that he's either pure evil such as the Emperor, nor is he a twisted lunatic like Vader. LOL vader the lunatic

Blax_Hydralisk
You're getting pretty good with your sigs.

Manslayer
Thanks for the compliment

Count Makashi
I think Dooku never had Sith eyes, because he was more in control of his emotions, then other Sith.

Darth Sexy
Can one of you tools link me to the comic itself from swtimeline? MY russian isn't perfect anymore.

Count Makashi
Which comic, do you meant the site or a specific comic.

Darth Sexy
The unseen unheard comic.

Darth Subjekt
I always thought it showed the rage in a person, and since dooku is a model for self control, his eyes never do that. Anakin on the other hand, was going against everything he had believed in and was full of quite a bit of rage and anger. If that's true, that would also work for Maul's case.

Palpatine, i think is just pure evil as Escape has said and therefore always has them.

JediSamuraiMRB
Apparently Sith aren't the only ones with "Sith Eyes"

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/Legacy19007.jpg

A Dose Of Vraya
^ That just proves that the sith eyes happen because of rage, not because of someone's evil. Dooku was very evil but wasn't particularly angry.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by A Dose Of Vraya
^ That just proves that the sith eyes happen because of rage, not because of someone's evil. Dooku was very evil but wasn't particularly angry.

uhh palp had them all the time int he ot but he wasnt always angry, infact he was sitting in a chair most of the time

0°Mandalore°0
Sith eyes are creepy, but cool.

Tangible God
The eyes are a ceonsequnce of the Dark Side, the Sith didn't copyright them.

When consumed with the Dark Side, the yellow appears. Your intentions and emotions would all be on the sinister or very emotive side to maintain that yellow. Dooku likely just employed the Dark Side for combat only, but not so extensively as to alter his appearance. Even Vader's eyes returned to blue when Padme came along. They stayed yellow afterwards thanks to his constant pain. And Palpatine... well, he's evil incarnate, I doubt he's even got a reason for relaxing his natural inner darkness after taking power.

Lord Knightfa11
hmm...
if you will notice, in star wars episode 1 and 2, kind old grandfatherly type Senator Palpatine did not have sith eyes, but when he reveals his identity as Dark Lord of the Sith, They suddenly appear.

This is:
A. Evidence for those who believe that violent rage is the cause of sith eyes.
or
B. Evidence of Palpatines Powers of deception.

Count dooku isnt really the type of sith to have the sith eyes. If you notice, his saber form really isnt the one of cruel, angry, rageful strokes, but more of cool, confident, accurate strokes.

this is one of the reasons I am a great fan of count dooku, because he is more of a Civil, Intelligent, and skilled evil, and he always smiles in that condescending manner when dealing with Jedi. Never showing incredible "im realy pissed off"ness like the other, pure evil, beastlike, uncivil, brutal unintelligent sith.

count dooku is sophisticated, has a sence of fairplay, and doesnt lose his cool easily...

we never really see him in violent rage. I wonder what he would look like in such a state. even in his duel with yoda he was kind of smirking in that confident manner.

he would probably have sith eyes and be far less capable angry, as his lightsaber form is more of a thought out, cool form, then an instinctive and rapid angry striking.

Lord Knightfa11
yes I know, its called makashi...

also, nothing of what I said is open for debate. dont agree? deal with it. Im not changing my mind.

it reflects my opinion, not a canonized star wars.

nothing i said above is canon so dont even lecture me on canon policy because I already know its not canon.

Its just my opinion of Sideous and Tyrranus in general.

ThoraxeRMG
I wish I had those Sith Contact Lenses.

Lord Knightfa11
hehe that would be an awesome novelty.

DarthLazious
Dooku had Sith eyes at one point but never showed them off infront of the CIS so he can still lead them to believe that The Republic was Evil.

Tangible God
Where did he have Sith eyes?

DarthLazious
Behind the scenes of the movies and books.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
I wish I had those Sith Contact Lenses.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Count Makashi
I think Dooku never had Sith eyes, because he was more in control of his emotions, then other Sith.

Palp was pretty cool and in control in esb and rotj but he had sith eyes, even when he laughed after shicking yoda he had sith eyes, anakin only got then in extreme anger, so it think its more or less a scare tactic used by sith and controlled at thier will, ie if someone with brown eyes walk up to you and turns them yellow, you may freak out. it is a technique loosely connected with emotions.

LORD JLRTENJAC
The sith can cover their true identity by cloaking the dark side in the light side. A very ancient sith trick which was used by Darth Zannah to infiltrate the Jedi Temple in order to learn about the Orbalisks which were encasing Darth Bane's body.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.