christians cant do yoga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidey-dude
i just got through watching the news and says that christians shouldnt do yoga. does anyone have any info on that of why is that ?

Secretus
Originally posted by spidey-dude
i just got through watching the news and says that christians shouldnt do yoga. does anyone have any info on that of why is that ?

If I could do yoga, I wouldn't leave my house.

§P0oONY
i just got through watching the news and says that christians shouldnt do yoga. does anyone have any info on that of why is that ? Shouldn't or can't? I'm getting mixed messages...

Shelbert Lemon
Yoga feels good.

spidey-dude

§P0oONY
they said on the news cant.
I know christians that can... hmm

What news do you watch?

spidey-dude

silver_tears
I'm taking yoga this semester.

InnerRise
the CW channel one Well that explains it.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Storm
Because the practice is regarded as non-Christian by some due to its connections to Hinduism.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Storm
Because the practice is regarded as non-Christian by some due to its connections to Hinduism.

...and we all know how dangerous different ideas are to Christianity.

debbiejo
i just got through watching the news and says that christians shouldnt do yoga. does anyone have any info on that of why is that ? Because it's considered a sin. It's considered part of mysticism and Eastern religions just as meditation is considered a sin.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Re: "christians cant do yoga"

Sounds like a challenge to me.

debbiejo
Putting your mind on anything else other than Jesus is a sin.

WrathfulDwarf

As far as I know Yoga is an activity just like jogging or lifting weights. Can't see why not...

debbiejo
Well I believe it's also a type of spiritual discipline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga

lil bitchiness
I think it stopped being that when it was commercialized.

Besides, my closest friend is Cypriot and religious and she does yoga - not for spirituality or fitness but to look at men's asses.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by debbiejo
Because it's considered a sin. It's considered part of mysticism and Eastern religions just as meditation is considered a sin.

You are right. (this is going to sound very crazy): Not only that, when you meditate, you can coast and "spy" or "hear" others thoughts, aka, develop the psyche, which can be dangerous when people purposely say things to cause crime, such as someone saying they killed someone b/c they heard voices in their heads, yeah, of course, that's not a mystery, that's probably a neighbor or someone who didn't like you and put those thoughts there, and if a person is still learning the difference b/t their own mind's thoughts and the "newly" aquired thoughts of others, that person is going to be a bit lost, and if their imagination is captured by those thoughts, and if it's criminal in nature, they can end up hurting someone like you, the reader.

The most recent example of that is Marine Sergeant Lawrence G. Hutchins III, who had an Iraqi military personal killed b/c of a voice that told him to do it, and he stated he was just following orders via voices in his head , that also told him "fellows, we just got away with murder". Talk about a trap. He's in prison now. A person who is advanced, could make a person think that a lover is contacting or communicating with them, and it's really a person who's playing around or trying to drive that person crazy/nutty.

Subliminal thoughts sent via the psyche has had some devastating effects, it looks cool on IBM commercials, the group-think (and you'll always see someone from the East in one of those groups doing a mind-group-scan, as they all sit or lay down and "solve problems"...it always looks so, "new age meets Silcon Valley",and you know the two groups/races of engineers in Silcon Valley), but when that portal is open, it also needs a trained mind to "switch" it off, and that alone is a sea-saw issue, and most know it.

The group-mind also can be used to develop an entirely knew entity or energy, that's b/c part of a new "collective consciousness", and if that entity isn't under "control", let's put it this way, it's like each mind in a group is a string pulling the new entity/energy, and if the minds aren't getting along, the energy/entity doesn't work smoothly and can be a disaster if or when it falls down. Just imagine 5 minds, and each mind has a string attached to the image that the 5 minds are creating, and if the 5 minds aren't getting along, then that new energy/entity starts to cause problems for them and those issues that it was suppose to solve. It's a fine/delicate balance.

Czarina_Czarina
I forgot to mention, that lady who use to work for NASA, the one with the diapers and stuff like that, I WOULDN'T DOUBT IT IF HER RIVAL LOVER WAS TELLING HER TO DO THAT (psychically), AND that lady was just following the "voice" in her head, when it's really that rival lover, and probably watching her from a distance and then, calling the police. That crap can take down a very intelligent person, it's very disruptive to society, but people do it to each other. And we aren't allowed to admit that this stuff can happen. A person can use the telepathy to make it seem like your lost lover is outside your door or wanting you, and it's just a trick. And again, very disruptive in our soceity, much more then people care to admit.

Many ways to drive a person crazy:

chemically (herbs) - so, i wondered why they didn't have her or the Sgt. take a drug test, to see if they were ever drugged.

energy - via telepathy, group-think or individual who's advanced/powerful psyche

electrically - u get the idea

psychological/psycho-semantic games - that's the most common

i would guess, it would take doing 1 or combo of the 3, rarely is electrical means used to drive a person crazy, but that was a tool of control a long time ago, meaning, if they wanted that person to behave, they would use eletric shock which ended up driving people crazy.

Anyway, the main issue was the telepathy which is developed when doing yoga.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Storm
Because the practice is regarded as non-Christian by some due to its connections to Hinduism. they have yoga at the ymca. and ymca is young mens christian association. doesnt make any sense what there saying about the yoga thing for christians

Adam_PoE
they have yoga at the ymca. and ymca is young mens christian association. doesnt make any sense what there saying about the yoga thing for christians

They have gay sex at the YMCA too. Nothing Christian about that.

AngryManatee
yoga = sex+

Czarina_Czarina
they have yoga at the ymca. and ymca is young mens christian association. doesnt make any sense what there saying about the yoga thing for christians

ymca WAS a christian foundation, a lot of things are christian foundations but are watered down to become more acceptable by the masses, yet it's written principles are still carried on. i thought the red-cross was also christian, or started off that way, plenty of hospitals were also christian foundations, but may end up watered down (such as performing abortions)...a lot of "christian" organizations or ideas get into the "world" and is no longer christian, even if it still bares the name or symbol or written creed.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
They have gay sex at the YMCA too. Nothing Christian about that. you must be going to the ymca in sandiego. cause the one i go to is clean

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by AngryManatee
yoga = sex+

Sorry to state this again, sex is over-rated:

You are right. (this is going to sound very crazy): Not only that, when you meditate, you can coast and "spy" or "hear" others thoughts, aka, develop the psyche, which can be dangerous when people purposely say things to cause crime, such as someone saying they killed someone b/c they heard voices in their heads, yeah, of course, that's not a mystery, that's probably a neighbor or someone who didn't like you and put those thoughts there, and if a person is still learning the difference b/t their own mind's thoughts and the "newly" aquired thoughts of others, that person is going to be a bit lost, and if their imagination is captured by those thoughts, and if it's criminal in nature, they can end up hurting someone like you, the reader.

The most recent example of that is Marine Sergeant Lawrence G. Hutchins III, who had an Iraqi military personal killed b/c of a voice that told him to do it, and he stated he was just following orders via voices in his head , that also told him "fellows, we just got away with murder". Talk about a trap. He's in prison now. A person who is advanced, could make a person think that a lover is contacting or communicating with them, and it's really a person who's playing around or trying to drive that person crazy/nutty.

Subliminal thoughts sent via the psyche has had some devastating effects, it looks cool on IBM commercials, the group-think (and you'll always see someone from the East in one of those groups doing a mind-group-scan, as they all sit or lay down and "solve problems"...it always looks so, "new age meets Silcon Valley",and you know the two groups/races of engineers in Silcon Valley), but when that portal is open, it also needs a trained mind to "switch" it off, and that alone is a sea-saw issue, and most know it.

The group-mind also can be used to develop an entirely knew entity or energy, that's b/c part of a new "collective consciousness", and if that entity isn't under "control", let's put it this way, it's like each mind in a group is a string pulling the new entity/energy, and if the minds aren't getting along, the energy/entity doesn't work smoothly and can be a disaster if or when it falls down. Just imagine 5 minds, and each mind has a string attached to the image that the 5 minds are creating, and if the 5 minds aren't getting along, then that new energy/entity starts to cause problems for them and those issues that it was suppose to solve. It's a fine/delicate balance.

And remember the lady who worked at NASA who wore a diaper...I mean, again, I wouldn't doubt it if she was "told" psychically to do that, and that's taking down a very intelligent person.

Czarina_Czarina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB3Qpe_7wuA sorry, i ran out of time 2 add it above

inimalist
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
sex is over-rated

every single one of your problems just became crystal clear wink

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by inimalist
every single one of your problems just became crystal clear wink

it is over-rated that's why gaining or losing weight means nothing but health...sexy attracts every person who u aren't attracted to..so why lose weight?

Shakyamunison

And remember the lady who worked at NASA who wore a diaper...I mean, again, I wouldn't doubt it if she was "told" psychically to do that, and that's taking down a very intelligent person.

"this is going to sound very crazy" You are correct.

SpearofDestiny
it is over-rated that's why gaining or losing weight means nothing but health...sexy attracts every person who u aren't attracted to..so why lose weight?

what ?

pr1983

you must be having some pretty crappy sex then...

spidey-dude
Originally posted by pr1983
you must be having some pretty crappy sex then... i think the proper word is vergin still big grin

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
"this is going to sound very crazy" You are correct.

I know it. But look at this video, and keep in mind the collective consciounsess of what yoga teaches (this video is about technology, but I'm paralleling the "mind" aspect of it all):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB3Qpe_7wuA

One day, it'll make sense, if it's true.

Shakyamunison
I know it. But look at this video, and keep in mind the collective consciounsess of what yoga teaches (this video is about technology, but I'm paralleling the "mind" aspect of it all):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB3Qpe_7wuA

This video is not credible. The US military also experimented with mind control. The military stop funding the program in the 80's, because it did not work.

Czarina_Czarina
This video is not credible. The US military also experimented with mind control. The military stop funding the program in the 80's, because it did not work.

remote view'g worked...that's 1 of many psy programs...

Shakyamunison
It only works to the same level as chance.

Blax_Hydralisk
I'm a Chrsitian. I do Yoga.

/thread

inimalist

The American Armed Forces do not have a psy program, nor were any significant results found during their research.

How hard would it be to find Bin Laden with psychics? c'mon!

anaconda
may the force be with you, so when are the US forces gonna train up some jedi knights roll eyes (sarcastic)

AngryManatee

I stated that yoga = sex+ because it helps with my flexibility, which means crazy stuff can happen.

Sex is awsome.

DigiMark007

But it isn't, so your point is moot. And just ask yourself: How credible does long range electromagnetic mind control from Cold War-era Russian government sound to you? Hopefully not much. I'm reminded of the "time machine" from Napolean Dynamite ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ).

Also false. And since we're throwing around youtube videos, let me add one of my own...from a much more credible source:

Dr. Michael Shermer investigates claims of the paranormal. This is a sampling of some of his research, which goes into much more detail in his books on the subject of paranormal phenomenon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40QVp8_P0LY
...it's in 2 parts, about 15 minutes total.

...and btw, the government-funded remote viewing project was a resounding failure, and produced nothing credible or usable by our military and/or political leaders.

And as this all applies to yoga, yoga is usually just a physical excercise. Geared toward mental/spiritual harmony, sure. But the collective consciousness you're trying to attribute to its widespread practice is more than a little stretch.

Originally posted by anaconda
may the force be with you, so when are the US forces gonna train up some jedi knights roll eyes (sarcastic)

droolio

I've been waiting for years. The CIA has my resume, as well as pictures of me in Jedi garb.

Wonderer
Because it's considered a sin. It's considered part of mysticism and Eastern religions just as meditation is considered a sin.
I agree. Just like for a Yogi, it's a sin to be a Christian. Christians are obsessed and attached to Jesus. Also, to yearn for Heaven is the lowest form of spirituality. Being emotional and attached to your religion, is the primitive soul in development.
Be free from your religion. Be at peace. Be everywhere. Love all.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Wonderer
Be free from your religion. Be at peace. Be everywhere. Love all.

...make your own clothes from hemp. Smoke pot. Live in California.

stick out tongue

Also: No such thing as a sin.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by DigiMark007
...make your own clothes from hemp. Smoke pot. Live in California.

stick out tongue

Also: No such thing as a sin.

You had me until "Live in California" sick

debbiejo
I want to be a flower child.......Why was I born tooo late.....crybaby

debbiejo
This video is not credible. The US military also experimented with mind control. The military stop funding the program in the 80's, because it did not work. Secret government work
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puthoff was once a United States Navy officer who was assigned to the National Security Agency (NSA), later becoming a civilian employee. Following a sabbatical at Stanford University to obtain his Ph.D., he joined SRI International where in 1972, together with Russell Targ, he founded a then-highly-classified, now-highly-publicised "remote viewing" program, originally called Project SCANATE, finally STAR GATE, which was funded over its two-decade-plus history by the CIA, DIA, and various military organizations.

Puthoff has held high-level security clearances with the United States government.

What can now be told is that for more than two decades remote viewing was also the subject of an intense government effort fueled by Cold War concerns as to whether there was a credible threat to the United States from a known, similar large-scale effort being pursued in the then Soviet Union. The story told here is how that program came to be. It tells how, in response to a request from the CIA, it was initiated and built up the remote viewing program at Stanford Research Institute (now SRI International) to serve a number of clients in the intelligence and DoD (Department of Defense) communities, and to generate a dense database for scientific evaluation.

DigiMark007
Secret government work
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puthoff was once a United States Navy officer who was assigned to the National Security Agency (NSA), later becoming a civilian employee. Following a sabbatical at Stanford University to obtain his Ph.D., he joined SRI International where in 1972, together with Russell Targ, he founded a then-highly-classified, now-highly-publicised "remote viewing" program, originally called Project SCANATE, finally STAR GATE, which was funded over its two-decade-plus history by the CIA, DIA, and various military organizations.

Puthoff has held high-level security clearances with the United States government.

What can now be told is that for more than two decades remote viewing was also the subject of an intense government effort fueled by Cold War concerns as to whether there was a credible threat to the United States from a known, similar large-scale effort being pursued in the then Soviet Union. The story told here is how that program came to be. It tells how, in response to a request from the CIA, it was initiated and built up the remote viewing program at Stanford Research Institute (now SRI International) to serve a number of clients in the intelligence and DoD (Department of Defense) communities, and to generate a dense database for scientific evaluation.

K. How does that show us anything? The project certainly happened, but never produced anything usable or even remotely ( pun intended wink ) verifiable.

Bigon
That's only if they are puritan.

ushomefree
For many Christians in the West who don't understand the history behind it, yoga is simply a means of physical exercise, and strengthening and improving flexibility of the muscles. However, the philosophy behind yoga is much more than physically improving oneself. It is an ancient practice derived from India, believed to be the path to spiritual growth and enlightenment.

The word "yoga" means "union," and the goal is to unite one's transitory (temporary) self with the infinite Brahman, the Hindu concept of "God." This "God" is not a literal being, but is an impersonal spiritual substance that is one with nature and the cosmos. This view is called "pantheism," the belief that everything is God, and that reality consists only of the universe and nature. Because everything is God, the yoga philosophy makes no distinction between man and God.

Hatha yoga is the aspect of yoga which focuses on the physical body through special postures, breathing exercises, and concentration or meditation. It is a means to prepare the body for the spiritual exercises, with less obstacles, in order to achieve enlightenment. The practice of yoga is based on the belief that man and God are one. It is little more than self-worship disguised as a high level of spirituality.

The question becomes, is it possible for a Christian to isolate the physical aspects of yoga as simply a method of exercise, without incorporating the spirituality or philosophy behind it? I don't believe so. Yoga originated with a blatantly anti-Christian philosophy, and that philosophy has not changed. It teaches one to focus on oneself instead of on the one true God. It encourages its participants to seek the answers to life's difficult questions within their own conscience instead of in the Word of God. It also leaves one open to deception from God's enemy, who searches for victims that he can turn away from God (1 Peter 5:8).

Whatever we do should be done for God's glory (1 Corinthians 10:31), and we would be wise to heed the words of the apostle Paul: "Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise" (Philippians 4:8, NLT).

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-yoga.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.