Wolverine and the X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
One the subject of X-men Evolution...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b5/Wolverineandthexmen.jpg/300px-Wolverineandthexmen.jpg
Heres the wiki page.
Sweet. Both Spectacular Spiderman and this come out in 2008. Not to mention we have that FF show on cartoon network. 2008 is going to be SWEET!!!

SnazzySmurph
Anorexia's a terrible thing. no expression

His arms are bigger than his legs.

Jimmy Buggs
who thought this was a good idea

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
who thought this was a good idea Well it is by the people who made evolution so I know I'm going to like it. Its a good idea. What with that FF show and Spectacular Spidey comming up, this is a brilliant idea.

mr.smiley
I would have rather seen then continue on with Evolution instead of starting a whole new series with a focus on Wolverine.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I would have rather seen then continue on with Evolution instead of starting a whole new series with a focus on Wolverine.
Same here, and he's gotten more than enough spotlights already.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Same here, and he's gotten more than enough spotlights already. well because no one really has enoug hhistory that they can focus on them

emporerpants
except for maybe the ORIGINAL x-men, you know, the ones who where in comics long before wolverine?

ExodusCloak
Oh yeah...No hoe...hoe or cows for that matter.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/647/wolvxkl6.jpg

Arachnid1
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/647/wolvxkl6.jpg Oh. Nice poster. Kurt is looking great in this, and I'm happy to know theres going to be sentinels.

freek
the series looks like it should be pretty good. hoping they can introduce as many characters and villains as the old 90s version (if not moreso)

but i agree with the sentiment that wolverine gets far too much attention. and if this is basically an reboot, i hope they do what they're doing with the spectacular spiderman series and NOT connect it to the movies. though the fact they have costumes is pretty reassuring.

oh and can someone tell me who squidboy is please?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by freek
the series looks like it should be pretty good. hoping they can introduce as many characters and villains as the old 90s version (if not moreso)

but i agree with the sentiment that wolverine gets far too much attention. and if this is basically an reboot, i hope they do what they're doing with the spectacular spiderman series and NOT connect it to the movies. though the fact they have costumes is pretty reassuring.

oh and can someone tell me who squidboy is please?
He's an Xmen or a student, I think.

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/f/f3/Squidboy442.jpg/440px-Squidboy442.jpg

magnuslives
will this series be connected to the current ff series or spectacular spidey in any way? in other words will there be any crossovers (not rubbish ones like in spidey the animated series). oh, and does anyone know if it is similar to any current continuities?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by magnuslives
will this series be connected to the current ff series or spectacular spidey in any way? in other words will there be any crossovers (not rubbish ones like in spidey the animated series). oh, and does anyone know if it is similar to any current continuities? No one really knows anothing yet. One can hope, though.

Faith27
I really like Roque in marvel anime tv series but when I've watched the X3...she's very useless in the team.

magnuslives
Originally posted by Faith27
I really like Roque in marvel anime tv series but when I've watched the X3...she's very useless in the team.

Ditto

jdea
Wow, they're really milking it, first he dominates the big screen, has his own video game, now this...

Wolverine's overpopulation is slowly starting to become annoying, despite the fact that he's a great character they need to relax before too many people get sick of him showing up the other X-Men, because there's like hundreds of other characters with good stories

Ordained
I've been tired of him since I first heard of him. IMO, he's not that great of a character and he is spotlighted on to much. Sure he kicks major ass but so can any other mutant if given the attention they deserve. He wasn't even one of the originals.

Paola
More Wolverine.... smile hmmmm..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

But I'm seeing it anyway stick out tongue

bitca360
As much as I hate the title & the thought of Wolverine as the lead character (as if they couldn't have done the show with him a part of the team like everyone else) I'll watch as I'm glad they have a couple of new faces to an X-Men cartoon (Colossus, Emma, etc)

I won't judge the animation until I see them moving, IE animated, but I hope this is a decent cartoon

Ugh...soooo many X-Characters, yet they had to name it "YOU KNOW WHO" & the X-Men....some nerve to treat the team that made him famous

Kinneary
If he's the character that most people like, and therefore the one that most people are interested in, what's the problem? They're playing to the people, not the small portion of the population that's sick of him.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by bitca360
As much as I hate the title & the thought of Wolverine as the lead character (as if they couldn't have done the show with him a part of the team like everyone else) I think he is just part of the team like everyone else. He's just going to be the most important person on the team. Again. Oh well. I just hope the focus on others sometimes.

Speaking of others, I don't like Cyclops' mask. I know its his original costume, but he looks cooler with just the visor. I have to admit though. The trench coat makes up for the mask. He looks badass.

jdea
Wolverine's population surged dramatically after his film debut, I mean sure he was popular from the toon show, and comics, but his hype was never this big, I still think the X-men should be dealt with as a team, not as a diva with back-up...or maybe even do a series where two characters or maybe more are focused on per season or something thus justice can be served to someone else besides... this is so dream girls

Deena Jones and the Dreams
Wolverine and the X-Men

Naively, I thought the show was going to be about Wolverine flying solo or whatever, with minor cameos from other characters, not Wolverine and the X-Men

I'll watch the show in hopes that other characters have real development, unlike the films where they all play back-up

apoc001
I hope the main villains are sentinels. Maybe then we can see the mutants use their powers to their full potential and actually try to kill something.

B.A
Not watching this.

Just call it X-Men. Stupid idea and wont give it a thought.

Battlehammer
...................................your reasoning for not wanting to watch it......is becuases of a title..........that even more retarded.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Battlehammer
...................................your reasoning for not wanting to watch it......is becuases of a title..........that even more retarded.
Not really. The title pretty much explains what the series is gonna be about, and those who are sick of the overrated regenerative animal have good reason to not want to watch this show.

jdea
Not really. The title pretty much explains what the series is gonna be about, and those who are sick of the overrated regenerative animal have good reason to not want to watch this show.

Well said!

Battlehammer

please I would love for you to explain to me how Logan is overrated.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by jdea
Well said!
Thanks.

I'll still try watching this series myself though, as there'll probably still be some things in it worth seeing.

please I would love for you to explain to me how Logan is overrated.
How is he not overrated? Overrated generally, is when someone/something gets more respect than they deserve. We've seen Logan get a lot more screen-time than necessary in all 3 movies and then some, and now he's going to be the main star in this upcoming animated series as well? That's just too much spotlight for the guy if you ask me, and he's become overrated because of that. Very.

In the comics, he was just another mutant, but now he's...

Battlehammer
..........he always been the 2nd most popular marvel character

.........Of course he got the most screen time he the and most popular marvel character and the trade mark mutant. He also happens to be played by the biggest actor out of the cast.

.........Main star true............not like spiderman has not gotten what 3 or 4 shows for him self........as well as 3 or 4 comics of just him on top of his classic fights.......spiderman advantures.........new avengers and so forth as well as avenger advantures.

Shadow_King
looking at the animation and just from the title, its gonna be like x-men evolution all over again. Also i have to agree with Ridley Prime wolverine is way to overrated, i use to like wolverine back when the x-men the animated show was on.

Ordained
Whose the 1st most popular Marvel character and here here, Shadow King.

Battlehammer
spiderman easily

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Shadow_King
looking at the animation and just from the title, its gonna be like x-men evolution all over again. Also i have to agree with Ridley Prime wolverine is way to overrated, i use to like wolverine back when the x-men the animated show was on.
..............overrated implies he doing things he can't or shouldent.

you mean over exspodes.

...........Logan was more focused on in the original x-men animate series.........then in evolution.

xmarksthespot
It's pretty demeaning to the other characters. erm

I don't see why they didn't just call it "X-Men" if it's going to be about all the X-Men, or just have a series starring Wolverine - if it's only going to focus on him - called "Wolverine" and have occasional guest appearances from other X-Men...

When did he become they become the Holograms to his Jem..? blinkOriginally posted by ExodusCloak
What about hussy?

jdea
..........he always been the 2nd most popular marvel character

.........Of course he got the most screen time he the and most popular marvel character and the trade mark mutant. He also happens to be played by the biggest actor out of the cast.

.........Main star true............not like spiderman has not gotten what 3 or 4 shows for him self........as well as 3 or 4 comics of just him on top of his classic fights.......spiderman advantures.........new avengers and so forth as well as avenger advantures.

it probably is the most logical and safest thing to do, market the most popular character from the comics, but the media is different from the comics, maybe they should try out all the characters be4 just assuming everyone else will like him because the comic fans do

in fact the majority of people I know always favored other characters, namely Rogue in the films, because her story was more heart felt in the first two films, and really helped the audience sympathize with the alienation she feels, vs kick ass wolverine whose a cool mutant

all I'm saying is that if they over do the wolverine thing it's going to get old and lose fans, thus they should balance the character development as it is a series with multiple episodes, thus time for all of the x-men, much like the teen titan series or JLU who gave many DIFFERENT characters their own story arcs despite the fact that Robin is the worlds most famous sidekick and Superman is the world's most popular and recognizable superhero

Battlehammer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It's pretty demeaning to the other characters. erm

I don't see why they didn't just call it "X-Men" if it's going to be about all the X-Men, or just have a series starring Wolverine - if it's only going to focus on him - called "Wolverine" and have occasional guest appearances from other X-Men...

When did he become they become the Holograms to his Jem..? blink What about hussy?

Becuase it wolverine show..........but he on the x-men..........so it his perception of the team.............I thought that was obvious.

Battlehammer
it probably is the most logical and safest thing to do, market the most popular character from the comics, but the media is different from the comics, maybe they should try out all the characters be4 just assuming everyone else will like him because the comic fans do
.........a lot of his popularity came from the x-men show in the 90's.........they already know the media loves him.

in fact the majority of people I know always favored other characters, namely Rogue in the films, because her story was more heart felt in the first two films, and really helped the audience sympathize with the alienation she feels, vs kick ass wolverine whose a cool mutant
............films are nothing like the comics.........that said if you took Logan out the x-men would bomb.........badly.

iall I'm saying is that if they over do the wolverine thing it's going to get old and lose fans, thus they should balance the character development as it is a series with multiple episodes, thus time for all of the x-men, much like the teen titan series or JLU who gave many DIFFERENT characters their own story arcs despite the fact that Robin is the worlds most famous sidekick and Superman is the world's most popular and recognizable superhero

over do what wolverine thing? This is his first show................spidermans had 4 shows already if not more.........allowing Logan to have one is not a big deal.

actaully batmans more popular then superman...........

and The show has not even air yet.............good god.

In all the other TV shows Logan was never the focal point it was the team...........

Im sorry,but him getting his own show is about time. Seeing as how spiderman the most popular characters had about 4 of them and the second most popular has had none.

smashyou
...................................your reasoning for not wanting to watch it......is becuases of a title..........that even more retarded. it will suck because of wolvy as main character

styupid ide anf fail

Ridley_Prime
.........Main star true............not like spiderman has not gotten what 3 or 4 shows for him self........
Ah. Comparing him to Spiderman are we? Let's see...

Is Wolverine the founder of the X-Men? No. Xavier is.
Is Wolverine leader of the X-Men? No. Cyclops is.

If the opposite there were true, then I'd agree that Logan's "main star" material, but when it comes down to it, he's not. Just one of those hotshot guys who takes up the spotlight of other characters.

I like Wolverine as much as the next person, but come on. There's no really denying that. erm

looking at the animation and just from the title, its gonna be like x-men evolution all over again.
Yeah. Pretty much...

I don't really mind it though. I mean, Evolution may have not lived up to the epicness of the original X-Men animated series, but it was still good in its own way (IMO at least).

And thanks for agreeing with my other point. =)

...........Logan was more focused on in the original x-men animate series.........then in evolution.
If anything, that's one thing I liked about Evolution most (in general). He didn't have too much screen-time, but at the same time, had enough to make him a memoriable character in that series. smile

Also, don't forget the Captain America episode in Evolution that was centered mainly around Wolverine. stick out tongue

............films are nothing like the comics.........that said if you took Logan out the x-men would bomb.........badly.
Now that I can agree with.

I was never suggesting for them to take out Logan altogether though, because that would bomb.

In all the other TV shows Logan was never the focal point it was the team...........
And yet none of the other X-Men characters ain't ever gotten as many episodes centered around them (or their past) as Wolverine has, bub. stick out tongue

jdea
If i were to plan out an X-Men series...
Every season
1 story arc
-1 main villain
-1-2 main character(s)
-1 supporting

1+ sub arc (relevant to main arc)
-1+ supporting character(s)
-1+ supporting villain(s)

-Then filler epsisode would showcase characters who have little involvement in the arcs

Ex:
Sentinel Arc
-1 Main villain=Master Mold
-Main character(s)
-Professor X, Magneto

-Sub arcs
-Mutant Registration Acts (info later programmed into sentinels)
-supporting character(s)= Senator Kelly, Cyclops + Jean (activists)
-Asteroid M (created as mutant haven to escape the Sentinel wrath, causes Magneto's rise from savior to villain)
-Supporting character(s)=Mastermind

Filler episode ideas-
-Wolverine teams up with runaway Jubilee in Canada
-Storm vs Shadow King in Africa
-Beast attends Empire State University where he periodically fights crime alongside Spiderman (pre-beast look tho)

Ridley_Prime
If i were to plan out an X-Men series...
Every season
1 story arc
-1 main villain
-1-2 main character(s)
-1 supporting

1+ sub arc (relevant to main arc)
-1+ supporting character(s)
-1+ supporting villain(s)

-Then filler epsisode would showcase characters who have little involvement in the arcs

Ex:
Sentinel Arc
-1 Main villain=Master Mold
-Main character(s)
-Professor X, Magneto

-Sub arcs
-Mutant Registration Acts (info later programmed into sentinels)
-supporting character(s)= Senator Kelly, Cyclops + Jean (activists)
-Asteroid M (created as mutant haven to escape the Sentinel wrath, causes Magneto's rise from savior to villain)
-Supporting character(s)=Mastermind

Filler episode ideas-
-Wolverine teams up with runaway Jubilee in Canada
-Storm vs Shadow King in Africa
-Beast attends Empire State University where he periodically fights crime alongside Spiderman (pre-beast look tho)
Hmm. Pretty well thought out (especially the arc with Master Mold smile), but... where's Apocalypse? sad You can't (or at least shouldn't) exclude the ancient Egyptian. 31

jdea
Hmm. Pretty well thought out (especially the arc with Master Mold smile), but... where's Apocalypse? sad You can't (or at least shouldn't) exclude the ancient Egyptian. 31

Well he'd have his own arc, he's too good to use as a sub arc

jdea
I thought this whole tthing up a while ago, I even wrote a half of teh 1st season and jotted down notes for up to 6 seasons... so here's a quick over view if anyone's interested

Season 1-above

S2
-Following the defeat of the sentinels the governments attention is turned to Asteroid M
-in the finale magneto declares war to keep it in orbit, X-men fly up to stop him, and as they fight it becomes unstable and plunges to earth Jean saves it much like her original comic version by bonding with the Pheonix, but giving her life

S3
-Scott acts like he did in X3 (grief stricken)
-The Shi'ar approach earth to stop Phoenix from becoming dark Phoenix, X-Men reveal she's already dead,
-After they leave Jean's body turns up -Dr. nathaniel Essex (sinister) find her and after secretly experimenting her turns her over to X-Men
-Hellfire club sends Emma Frost to awaken Dark Phoenix, she bonds with Scott, thus alienating Jean and in the seasons climax frees Dark Phoenix, and she joins Hellfire club
-X-Men battle Hellfire club and Dark Phoenix

Apocalypse Arc
-1 Main villain=Apocalyspe
-Main character(s)
-Cyclops

-Sub arcs
-Experimentation on mutants (Sinister tests mutants from Morlocks to find the 4 perfect horsemen, and find a compatible DNA to bond with the Jean's DNA to creat a perfect host for Apocalypse=Nate Grey
-supporting character(s)= Sinister
-4 horsemen (seek out the 12 to free apocalypses soul)
-Supporting character(s)=4 horsemen, the 12

Filler episode ideas-

Ridley_Prime
Well he'd have his own arc, he's too good to use as a sub arc
Oh, yeah. Good point. stick out tongue

I thought this whole tthing up a while ago, I even wrote a half of teh 1st season and jotted down notes for up to 6 seasons... so here's a quick over view if anyone's interested

Season 1-above

S2
-Following the defeat of the sentinels the governments attention is turned to Asteroid M
-in the finale magneto declares war to keep it in orbit, X-men fly up to stop him, and as they fight it becomes unstable and plunges to earth Jean saves it much like her original comic version by bonding with the Pheonix, but giving her life

S3
-Scott acts like he did in X3 (grief stricken)
-The Shi'ar approach earth to stop Phoenix from becoming dark Phoenix, X-Men reveal she's already dead,
-After they leave Jean's body turns up -Dr. nathaniel Essex (sinister) find her and after secretly experimenting her turns her over to X-Men
-Hellfire club sends Emma Frost to awaken Dark Phoenix, she bonds with Scott, thus alienating Jean and in the seasons climax frees Dark Phoenix, and she joins Hellfire club
-X-Men battle Hellfire club and Dark Phoenix

Apocalypse Arc
-1 Main villain=Apocalyspe
-Main character(s)
-Cyclops

-Sub arcs
-Experimentation on mutants (Sinister tests mutants from Morlocks to find the 4 perfect horsemen, and find a compatible DNA to bond with the Jean's DNA to creat a perfect host for Apocalypse=Nate Grey
-supporting character(s)= Sinister
-4 horsemen (seek out the 12 to free apocalypses soul)
-Supporting character(s)=4 horsemen, the 12

Filler episode ideas-
Nice...
That would make the perfect animated series. yes

jdea
Oh, yeah. Good point. stick out tongue

Nice...
That would make the perfect animated series. yes

thanks, do u or anyone else have any ideas/hopes that the series should include?

Ridley_Prime
thanks, do u or anyone else have any ideas/hopes that the series should include?
Well, since the upcoming series is called Wolverine and the X-Men, I think it would be more fitting for Sabretooth to be one of the main villains than Magneto (since he's basically Logan's main rival).

Just a thought.

Shadow_King
When would Omega Red be involved??? also they could do a season on the legacy virus.

Bad Ash231
How is he not overrated? Overrated generally, is when someone/something gets more respect than they deserve. We've seen Logan get a lot more screen-time than necessary in all 3 movies and then some, and now he's going to be the main star in this upcoming animated series as well? That's just too much spotlight for the guy if you ask me, and he's become overrated because of that. Very.

In the comics, he was just another mutant, but now he's...

I like how Roger Ebert put it, in his review of X2.

"These superpowers are so oddly assorted that an X-Men adventure is like a game of chess where every piece has a different move. Some of the powers are awesome; Storm stops an aerial pursuit by generating tornadoes with her mental powers, and Dr. Jean Grey is able to restart an airplane in mid-air.

Odd, then, that Wolverine is one of the dominant characters even though his X-Acto knuckles seem pretty insignificant compared to the powers of Pyro or Cyclops."

stick out tongue

Ridley_Prime
When would Omega Red be involved??? also they could do a season on the legacy virus.
Ah yes. Omega Red. Can't believe I forgot about that guy...

Of course he would be involved! Somehow...
He had a history with Wolverine after all, and hopefully he'll play a much bigger role than he did in Evolution 31. Perhaps the same might apply to X-23 as well. smile

Originally posted by Bad Ash231
I like how Roger Ebert put it, in his review of X2.

"These superpowers are so oddly assorted that an X-Men adventure is like a game of chess where every piece has a different move. Some of the powers are awesome; Storm stops an aerial pursuit by generating tornadoes with her mental powers, and Dr. Jean Grey is able to restart an airplane in mid-air.

Odd, then, that Wolverine is one of the dominant characters even though his X-Acto knuckles seem pretty insignificant compared to the powers of Pyro or Cyclops."

stick out tongue
laughing

When compared to the other mutants there, Wolverine doesn't sound like 'dominant character' material at all, though they made him a dominant character anyway. bash
Him being one in X-2 was exceptional though, with Stryker being the main antagonist and all. X-2 IMO, was easily the best movie in the trilogy.

jdea
Well, since the upcoming series is called Wolverine and the X-Men, I think it would be more fitting for Sabretooth to be one of the main villains than Magneto (since he's basically Logan's main rival).

Just a thought.

That's a great idea, i read up on Sabretooth's history on wikipedia and his comic counterpart is loaded with interesting arcs, I always wondered why he was always played as a minor character?

jdea

I don't know much about Omega Red, was he that guy from evo with the blonde hair and pale skin?

jdea
Ah yes. Omega Red. Can't believe I forgot about that guy...

Of course he would be involved! Somehow...
He had a history with Wolverine after all, and hopefully he'll play a much bigger role than he did in Evolution 31. Perhaps the same might apply to X-23 as well. smile

laughing

When compared to the other mutants there, Wolverine doesn't sound like 'dominant character' material at all, though they made him a dominant character anyway. bash
Him being one in X-2 was exceptional though, with Stryker being the main antagonist and all. X-2 IMO, was easily the best movie in the trilogy.

i agree X-2 was the best

also Wolverine shouldn't be thrusted into the forgrouond, but anyway since he is a tv version of stryker would be fascinating to explore, as well as X-23 and sabretooth

do you think the series will touch on his youth, as means to flesh out his true origins?... maybe fflashin back to his growing up as he meets new foes from his past

Ridley_Prime
That's a great idea, i read up on Sabretooth's history on wikipedia and his comic counterpart is loaded with interesting arcs, I always wondered why he was always played as a minor character?
Yeah. Sabretooth has the potential to play a more important role than just that of a minor Brotherhood/Acolytes mutant.

I don't know much about Omega Red, was he that guy from evo with the blonde hair and pale skin?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Red

i agree X-2 was the best
Thanks for agreeing. smile

Yeah. In my book, the Nightcrawler president assassination-attempt scene pwns any scene in X-1 or X-3. stick out tongue

also Wolverine shouldn't be thrusted into the forgrouond, but anyway since he is a tv version of stryker would be fascinating to explore, as well as X-23 and sabretooth
A TV version of Stryker? Meh. I suppose. erm

do you think the series will touch on his youth, as means to flesh out his true origins?... maybe fflashin back to his growing up as he meets new foes from his past
Hmm. Perhaps...
If so, I guess we can expect to see the Red Skull a lot more than we did in the original X-Men TAS, and more of the young Magneto as well. clap

p.s. Anyone remember this song from Evolution? stick out tongue

3jLj9ha1gn8

I wonder if they might implement something similar in Wolverine and the X-Men with most of the female muties. xd

apoc001
It would be cool if we could see some Wolverine villains, such as Geist, Cyber, Albert, Elsie-dee, and Bloodscream. Although I bet the only Wolverine villains we'll see, if any, are Lady Deathstrike, Sabretooth, and Omega Red. It'd also be cool if they tied in Agent Zero, or maybe even Deadpool.

jdea
Wow Omega Red is really interesting, that pheremone ability sounds incredible, I wonder if it'd effect Wolverine with the whole healing factor and all

Deadpool is one of my fav's I hope they include him

Ridley_Prime
Wow Omega Red is really interesting, that pheremone ability sounds incredible, I wonder if it'd effect Wolverine with the whole healing factor and all
Probably, but he'd still be able to recover from it, most likely.

Deadpool is one of my fav's I hope they include him
If they do, then there's no doubt Cable will be included as well. yes *points to the Cable and Deadpool series*

Battlehammer
Ah. Comparing him to Spiderman are we? Let's see...

Is Wolverine the founder of the X-Men? No. Xavier is.
Is Wolverine leader of the X-Men? No. Cyclops is.
Because he choose not to be. He was offered by xavier to be co leader with cyclopes and has been ask by cyclopes on a view occassion to run the team. Hell Logan has been leader before.

If anything, that's one thing I liked about Evolution most (in general). He didn't have too much screen-time, but at the same time, had enough to make him a memoriable character in that series. smile

Also, don't forget the Captain America episode in Evolution that was centered mainly around Wolverine. stick out tongue

Now that I can agree with.

I was never suggesting for them to take out Logan altogether though, because that would bomb.

And yet none of the other X-Men characters ain't ever gotten as many episodes centered around them (or their past) as Wolverine has, bub. stick out tongue

This is due to the fact unlike any other x-men Logan had entire life before jioing the team. logan has lead armiers into battle. Fought in countless battles. Lead meta human teams. Lived several life times.

jdea
Because he choose not to be. He was offered by xavier to be co leader with cyclopes and has been ask by cyclopes on a view occassion to run the team. Hell Logan has been leader before.

This is due to the fact unlike any other x-men Logan had entire life before jioing the team. logan has lead armiers into battle. Fought in countless battles. Lead meta human teams. Lived several life times.

That's not true, many X-Men had lives before joinging the X-Men, and lives that are just as interesting such as...

Cyclops who is the decendant of Corsair and founder of the Starjammers, also had an Omega wife and an Omega little bro...
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=8&fldAuto=66

Storm the descendant of powerful magicians, who was orphaned fended for herself turned to thievery and reformed after nearly being raped and killing the elder pursuer, as a she reigned as a goddess, later faced the shadow king and lead not only the X-Men (which Wolverine commended her for) but the Morocks and Fantastic Four as well... not to mention her character alone is one of the most recognizable in both categories of female and black superheroes worldwide
http://ww.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=76

Gambit, need I enlighten, raised as a thief and later dabbled in the arts of the assasins guild, and ultimately becoming a profound figure in the thieves guild, nearly merging teh rival associations, allying with Sinister and stalking and taking down dangerous mutants such as Sabretooth and Juggernaut (single handedly) heading the marauders and taking part in the slaughter of the Morlocks, he later reforms and joins the X-men, but every so often turning back to his shady past ... (BTW he even defetaed Wolverine in combat)
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=83

those are just a few of m favorites, as there are many X-Men with elaborate histories

starlock
I cant wait for the show to start

If i had a comic company and i had a mutant who became so popular that he practicly saved the xmen comic line, i would definetly make sure the audience gets what they want....they want wolverine

They want him in the movies and the cartoons, they want him on there shirts and lunch boxes, i personaly love cyclops and will always consider him the leader.....but if wolverine is so popular and gets another cartoon to showcase any of the xmen i say go for it....just have good stories thats all...oh and decent art would be nice

Battlehammer
That's not true, many X-Men had lives before joinging the X-Men, and lives that are just as interesting such as...

Cyclops who is the decendant of Corsair and founder of the Starjammers, also had an Omega wife and an Omega little bro...
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=8&fldAuto=66

Storm the descendant of powerful magicians, who was orphaned fended for herself turned to thievery and reformed after nearly being raped and killing the elder pursuer, as a she reigned as a goddess, later faced the shadow king and lead not only the X-Men (which Wolverine commended her for) but the Morocks and Fantastic Four as well... not to mention her character alone is one of the most recognizable in both categories of female and black superheroes worldwide
http://ww.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=76

Gambit, need I enlighten, raised as a thief and later dabbled in the arts of the assasins guild, and ultimately becoming a profound figure in the thieves guild, nearly merging teh rival associations, allying with Sinister and stalking and taking down dangerous mutants such as Sabretooth and Juggernaut (single handedly) heading the marauders and taking part in the slaughter of the Morlocks, he later reforms and joins the X-men, but every so often turning back to his shady past ... (BTW he even defetaed Wolverine in combat)
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=83

those are just a few of m favorites, as there are many X-Men with elaborate histories
...........cyclopes dad did not become a star jammer till after he was taken from scot..............xaviaver has known scot since scot was liek 12.

so your first one a no.

storm. is another no. She did pritty much nothing ubntill the x-men. She played as a godess in africa............that dam boring.

gambit ya he had a life..........again he was a simple thieve. Did not go to war, run super hero teams and live a life of advanture equal to or greater then the life he lived as an x-men

jdea
...........cyclopes dad did not become a star jammer till after he was taken from scot..............xaviaver has known scot since scot was liek 12.

so your first one a no.

It doesn't matter whether he was a starjammer before or after Scott is taken, I didn't say when, just that his father was a starjammer, so I don't even get your point?

storm. is another no. She did pritty much nothing ubntill the x-men. She played as a godess in africa............that dam boring.

wow... did u even comprehend what I just wrote, it's all fact read the link and then consider why there would be such extensive information on "nothing"

gambit ya he had a life..........again he was a simple thieve. Did not go to war, run super hero teams and live a life of advanture equal to or greater then the life he lived as an x-men

Again read the link and then consider if he was just a simple thief, as i doubt there would be over 8 pages about a simple thief

I''m not saying Wolverine isn't interesting because he is, but on the other hand I think that there are other interesting characters as well,

-begin rant-
Wolverine helped the comic franchise in many ways, but he is not the central driving force, in fact some of their biggest storylines starred other X-Men, such as the Phoenix saga and Days of our Future Past (which has been credited as the best story arc of all Marvel comics)
it wasn't like the series was horrible and wolverine saved it, he along with ALL of the other interesting characters boosted the comic franchise
-end rant-

Battlehammer
............most of those events with gambit took place after he was an x-men lol.

Logan is still the second msot popular character in marvel by far.

why the hell do you think they put him on covers were he only has a single pannel in? It due to the fact he sells comics.

jdea
... not what I mentioned?

jdea
well neway I'm done debating now

Ridley_Prime
well neway I'm done debating now
Meh. Same here... for now I guess.

jdea
Meh. Same here... for now I guess.

yea... for now, but well debated then

Face
Thats great news hope its cut out of what its supposed to be

Kinneary
Originally posted by starlock
I cant wait for the show to start

If i had a comic company and i had a mutant who became so popular that he practicly saved the xmen comic line, i would definetly make sure the audience gets what they want....they want wolverine

They want him in the movies and the cartoons, they want him on there shirts and lunch boxes, i personaly love cyclops and will always consider him the leader.....but if wolverine is so popular and gets another cartoon to showcase any of the xmen i say go for it....just have good stories thats all...oh and decent art would be nice
Outstanding post, and exactly what a lot of people who ***** about this stuff don't really understand. Or don't care about.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kinneary
Outstanding post, and exactly what a lot of people who ***** about this stuff don't really understand. Or don't care about.
Oh, I understand just perfectly.

freek
trailer's out:
http://www.cyber-animation.com/wolverine/wolverine.htm

the plot summary they've provided is as follows:
"When an explosive event shatters the lives of the X-Men and takes away their mentor, the beaten heroes walk away from it all.

But then they're given a rare glimpse into the future, and see a world in utter ruin, ruled by giant destructive robots. A world that spiralled out of control because the X-Men had given up.

So now the most legendary of all X-Men takes the lead - Wolverine! Reuniting these broken heroes, Wolverine embarks on the ultimate mission - to prevent the world's destruction.

To rescue us from ourselves. To save the future."

Silke
that looks .. amazing!!

BlueDMighty
That shit is WACK with a capitol WHAT THE ****.

Wolverine is the greatest X-man?????????????

I never in my life thought I'd be skipping a Marvel Cartoon but...

Good job fellas, thhink I'll pass

Arachnid1
That was EPIC! It reminded me so much of evolution! Xavier and Beast even looked the same as their evolution selves. Wolverine's voice sounds the same too. This is almost like a continuation of evolution. That's how similar it felt! I cant wait for this to happen! Amazingly, I'll looking forward to this more than the Spectacular Spider-man show...

starlock
Originally posted by BlueDMighty
That shit is WACK with a capitol WHAT THE ****.

Wolverine is the greatest X-man?????????????

I never in my life thought I'd be skipping a Marvel Cartoon but...

Good job fellas, thhink I'll pass

Hey maybe i cant change your mind, but if you saw the trailer....i think we are going to see a real edge to cyclops and some great stories with some underused characters....Cyclops will never be replaced as leader in my heart..... but seeing that trailer...i cant wait to see cyclops with an attitude!

I would always recommend going into something with an open mind, and then come back and tell us what is really whack about it

jdea
It really does look like evo, I kinda hate the straightness of Wolverine's side burns ... echk

for me...
pro's
-Kitty's part with the helicopter's cool
-I love that Rogue's on the side of evil
-Cyclops blasting Wolverine

cons...
-still not crazy about the title, but the trailer is epic, but it kinda seems like a film rather than a series, just hope it's not dragged out, like many animes
-where's Storm

freek
well she was in the trailer at the beginning next to the crater...for all we know she broke down like cyclops and went back to africa...where she happens to wander into wakanda and is reunited with the black panther. or some other story line where wolverine "the most legendary x-man of them all" (which is seriously over doing it) has to go find her.

the only reason this series hasn't instantly turned me off, is because it seems there's a reason why wolverine had to step up: because all the regular leaders had fallen off the map. the animation is spectacular but the how the story is going to pan out remains to be seen. hopefully as the x-men are gathered the series will go into their backstory or something and no just focus on wolverine

Arachnid1
It really does look like evo, I kinda hate the straightness of Wolverine's side burns ... echk

for me...
pro's
-Kitty's part with the helicopter's cool
-I love that Rogue's on the side of evil
-Cyclops blasting Wolverine

cons...
-still not crazy about the title, but the trailer is epic, but it kinda seems like a film rather than a series, just hope it's not dragged out, like many animes
-where's Storm
Storm was in the begining right after charles was killed.

EDIT: Freek beat me to that part.

well she was in the trailer at the beginning next to the crater...for all we know she broke down like cyclops and went back to africa...where she happens to wander into wakanda and is reunited with the black panther. or some other story line where wolverine "the most legendary x-man of them all" (which is seriously over doing it) has to go find her.

the only reason this series hasn't instantly turned me off, is because it seems there's a reason why wolverine had to step up: because all the regular leaders had fallen off the map. the animation is spectacular but the how the story is going to pan out remains to be seen. hopefully as the x-men are gathered the series will go into their backstory or something and no just focus on wolverine I hope so.

jdea

the only reason this series hasn't instantly turned me off, is because it seems there's a reason why wolverine had to step up: because all the regular leaders had fallen off the map. the animation is spectacular but the how the story is going to pan out remains to be seen. hopefully as the x-men are gathered the series will go into their backstory or something and no just focus on wolverine

wow, I just rewatched it and I saw her lol, her role was so limited I didn't notice her b4, but your reasoning is well put, and is probably the reason why I'll watch it... I hope other characters get developed, besides Wolverine, the Storm going back to Africa could be an extremely interesting episode if done right

DarthLazious
What network will it be on?

freek
new trailer out:
http://www.marvel.com/movietrailer/

Arachnid1
new trailer out:
http://www.marvel.com/movietrailer/ I was just about to post it. I will start off by saying...

GAMBITS IN THIS SHOW! GAMBITS IN THIS FREAKING SHOW! FULL OF EPIC F*CKING WIN!

God, I cant wait to see Remy. eek!

Ridley_Prime
I guess the question now is, does he speak normal, or does he talk in 3rd person like he did in the original animated series? stick out tongue

Either way, I'm pleased by this news as well. big grin

OB1-adobe
Yeah I saw the trailer as well. it looks really freaking good

megaroguefan
i wonder if gambit amd rogue will share something stick out tongue

Arachnid1
Originally posted by megaroguefan
i wonder if gambit amd rogue will share something stick out tongue I'm hoping for a love triangle between Rogue, Remy, and Iceman. That would be cool.

Genosha
I'm not real happy with the idea of Wolverine as head of the Xmen. He's always struck me as more of a squad leader type. Coordinating a unit like the Xmen has always been done by CO types. Kind of removed, level headed, more logical. Your Storm, Cyke, Jean, and Chuck kids of people. Wolvie's more of a knee jerk reaction kind of guy.
If it weren't for kids it might be interesting to see how much he'd screw it up, as it is I have my doubts about where this is going to go.

megaroguefan
the idea of logan beeing the leader makes me lough

Genosha
He's alright for tactical stuff, but he's never struck me as a long term stratigist. It just felt wrong having him up there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.