Drax vs. Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurash
The same Drax that killed Thanos, could he do the same against Darkseid? Two situations
1) Normal Battle
2) Fight begins with a "cheapshot" from Drax

vlaaad12345
Unless he was designed to kill darkseid no.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Kurash
The same Drax that killed Thanos, could he do the same against Darkseid? Two situations
1) Normal Battle
2) Fight begins with a "cheapshot" from Drax

The only reason Drax killed Thanos was that he was granted an anti-lifeforce version of Thanos, the silver bullet if you will.

Drax loses both.

llagrok
What Drax did against Thanos wouldn't work on Darkseid.

starlock
Darkseid wins both scenarios

Deathstroke
Darkseid wins both

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kutulu
The only reason Drax killed Thanos was that he was granted an anti-lifeforce version of Thanos, the silver bullet if you will.

Drax loses both. yes he had a plot device written into this story. if he had the same plot device aaginst darkseid he wiould be dead as well.
\

thats the only reason drax did that to thanos.

rico777
Darkseid >>> Drax >>> Thanos wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by rico777
Darkseid >>> Drax >>> Thanos wink

thanos>darkseid>drax

only reason drax killed thanos becuz of plot device and cheapshot.

llagrok
Yeah, the cheap shot had so much to do with it.

TricksterPriest
Last time someone did this thread I pointed out that there's no way to give Drax the ability to kill DS, because that would mean overriding the power and will of the Source.

But.....assuming that Drax was empowered by the Source to kill DS, he might have a shot in the 2nd round. But then, that would be the power of the Source, and not Drax. And Darkseid might still survive it. Orion was able to survive wounds to every fatal area on his body from Darkseid's assasins, and regenerated in 3-4 panels. It would not be a stretch to presume Darkseid's HF exceeds Orion's.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Yeah, the cheap shot had so much to do with it. i hope ur not implying by sarcasm that there was no cheapshot. or that thanos would have lost if he would have turned around.

thanos has always been greater than drax till this cheapshot+plotdevice.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Last time someone did this thread I pointed out that there's no way to give Drax the ability to kill DS, because that would mean overriding the power and will of the Source.

But.....assuming that Drax was empowered by the Source to kill DS, he might have a shot in the 2nd round. But then, that would be the power of the Source, and not Drax. And Darkseid might still survive it. Orion was able to survive wounds to every fatal area on his body from Darkseid's assasins, and regenerated in 3-4 panels. It would not be a stretch to presume Darkseid's HF exceeds Orion's. ds couldnt heal past an asswhooping from doomsday.

he needed superman to mb him back to health.

give drax the ability and he dies. simple as that.

FearOfBlood
Darkseid's dead.

Kurash
so lemme try some quanchi logic here. Since Drax one-shotted Thanos, and DS could one shot Drax, DS could one-shot Thanos?

Superherovandal
Originally posted by quanchi112
ds couldnt heal past an asswhooping from doomsday.

he needed superman to mb him back to health.

give drax the ability and he dies. simple as that. But he healed from an attack from Spectre that near vaporized him...Which i see as alot more impressive. also the one Doomsday beat was an avatar so that point is moot.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
But he healed from an attack from Spectre that near vaporized him...Which i see as alot more impressive. also the one Doomsday beat was an avatar so that point is moot. prove it was an avatar.

prove it.

quanchi112
so lemme try some quanchi logic here. Since Drax one-shotted Thanos, and DS could one shot Drax, DS could one-shot Thanos? wow i dont know where u get this.

if drax cheapshotted darkseid and had a built in silver bullet plot device he could take darkseid. if these two werent involved he was killing thanos.

do u understand now?

Kurash
prove it was an avatar.

prove it.

i read annhiliation at the comic book store so i read it fast, but did it actually say that drax was made to kill thanos or is that specualtion

quanchi112
i read annhiliation at the comic book store so i read it fast, but did it actually say that drax was made to kill thanos or is that specualtion drax was always created to kill thanos. he wasnt created in annihilation but he changed significantly in his own series.

but he never had this oneshot cheapshot power before and the writer gave him the ability here.

Kurash
i know he wasnt created in annhiliation, just wasnt sure if that had always been his purpose

quanchi112
i know he wasnt created in annhiliation, just wasnt sure if that had always been his purpose listen in annihilation he was given this oneshot i can kill thanos power. never had it before and he cheapshotted thanos as well. i mean it was pretty cheap the way he killed him.

thanos wasnt even fighting him yet.

thanos was kinda busy trying to free galactus.

Kurash
all i asked was had this always been his purpose, i have no clue why youre repeating yourself as if i dont understand

quanchi112
all i asked was had this always been his purpose, i have no clue why youre repeating yourself as if i dont understand ok.

Wally West
It was repeated multiple times in Annihilation that Drax was Thanos' silver bullet, the current incarnation of Drax has powers the others never had and he even said he is the only one who could kill Thanos, its what he was created to do. Drax isn't that powerful really, he couldn't beat Darkseid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Wally West
It was repeated multiple times in Annihilation that Drax was Thanos' silver bullet, the current incarnation of Drax has powers the others never had and he even said he is the only one who could kill Thanos, its what he was created to do. Drax isn't that powerful really, he couldn't beat Darkseid. yeah the only way he could kill darkseid is if he was his silver bullet as well.

he also had to cheapshot thanos.

Evil_Ash
he also had to cheapshot thanos.

No, it never said he had to...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
No, it never said he had to... but he did.

he couldnt have beaten him if he didnt cheapshot him.

llagrok
That's speculation Quanchi.

All we know is that Drax cheapshotted Thanos and killed him.

Evil_Ash

nah, its common sense. dur

Milky Joe
All we know for a fact is that the current incarnation of Drax was strong enough to shove his arm straight through Thanos' chest.

Everything else about this "silver bullet" stuff is just hyperbole that some of you have chosen to interpret in a very specific way.

llagrok
Originally posted by Milky Joe
All we know for a fact is that the current incarnation of Drax was strong enough to shove his arm straight through Thanos' chest.

Everything else about this "silver bullet" stuff is just hyperbole that some of you have chosen to interpret in a very specific way.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Nova_6_DCP_0011.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Nova_6_DCP_0013.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Nova_6_DCP_0015.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Nova_6_DCP_0016.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Nova_6_DCP_0019.jpg

You can take your hyperbole theory, and shove it in the refrigerator eek!

quanchi112

All we know is that Drax cheapshotted Thanos and killed him. i mean people really have no concept on what a cheapshot can do. if im ready for a punch its going to have no way near the impact on me as if im blindsided or cheapshotted.

llagrok
You're not the mad titan though.

You're not a titan at least eek!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
nah, its common sense. dur cheapshots hurt worse than regular blows.

that is common sense.

do this. go in a field and have someone tackle u as u stand there facing him.

now turn around and turn ur back to him. dont move and prepare for impact as u cant see him.

tell me which hurts more.

laughing

Kurash
cheapshots hurt worse than regular blows.

that is common sense.

do this. go in a field and have someone tackle u as u stand there facing him.

now turn around and turn ur back to him. dont move and prepare for impact as u cant see him.

tell me which hurts more.

laughing

so youre saying that no one in comics has even been cheapshotted and survived? im pretty sure plenty of heroes have survived a surprise attack (since that is in fact how a good portion of fights start) and lived to talk about it.

quanchi112
so youre saying that no one in comics has even been cheapshotted and survived? im pretty sure plenty of heroes have survived a surprise attack (since that is in fact how a good portion of fights start) and lived to talk about it. wow. he was given the power to kill thanos in this story and he cheapshotted him. thanos wasnt even facing him its the only reason he killed him.

cheapshot+plotdevice=unfair advantage

Kurash
is superman not a plot device for basically any villain?

Kurash
wow. he was given the power to kill thanos in this story and he cheapshotted him. thanos wasnt even facing him its the only reason he killed him.

you know that for a fact? because to me that looks like 100% speculation

quanchi112
is superman not a plot device for basically any villain? no.

superman wasnt created to kill certian villains.

very different.

i thought u would know this.

orion is a plot device for darkseid someday as he will kill him.

see the difference.

horrorwolf
Drax gets pwned here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Drax gets pwned here. drax would lose here. for one he doesnt have the silver bullet thing going for him.

Kurash
actually its not so different since i specified "any villain" whereas your point only differs from mine since you singled out a primary villain who has their very own plot device. How is superman not a plot device? A plot device is something that advances a story in some way. Superman defeats beings that he easily should not when other heroes just as strong as he is are taken down with ease. Are you denying this? He may not be a direct plot device on just one villain but he functions similarly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.