Current Thor (reborn) vs. Black Adam (WW3)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kutulu
This is the newly reborn Thor, fighting against Black Adam from WW3. Who takes it?

guy222
Originally posted by Kutulu
This is the newly reborn Thor, fighting against Black Adam from WW3. Who takes it?

Thor

tkitna
Thor

Bouboumaster
Is the Thor who uberly PWN Iron Man?

vlaaad12345
WW3 Black adam is still going to put up a good fight he was running through entire superhero teams including the jsa,a couple veteran green lanterns,power girl,mm ect,thor wins in the end though but not without a good fight.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Is the Thor who uberly PWN Iron Man?

Yeah, the Thor who's not holding back like he normally does.

Kutulu
As shown by another poster, scans of the new Thor:
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
THOR VS IRONMAN

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/861/thor3dcp0011ec2.th.jpghttp://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3038/thor3dcp0012tb1.th.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9073/thor3dcp0013yl9.th.jpghttp://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2161/thor3dcp0015fo7.th.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/15/thor3dcp0016nl3.th.jpg

Badabing
Thor was very impressive against Stark but BA is a whole different breed.

Validus
I'm going to assume everyone believes this Thor to be as powerful as the one seen in Ragnarok. Otherwise I'd have to wonder when beating Iron Man became more impressive than what Adam did in WW3.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Validus
I'm going to assume everyone believes this Thor to be as powerful as the one seen in Ragnarok. Otherwise I'd have to wonder when beating Iron Man became more impressive than what Adam did in WW3.

To be honest, that scan isn't even really a high level showing for CLASSIC Thor.

Classic Thor:

Beat down the Silver Surfer numerous times (WAY, WAY stronger, faster, and more durable than stark, btw)
Hung out in the Sun (not absorbing energy to amp his stats like superman does, just flat out ignoring the damage)
Tested his durability with nuclear bombs (they can't scratch him, btw),
is able to swing his hammer in excess of light speed,
has a strength level that's totally undefined- matched only by the Hulk and possibly immortal hercules, also in the "undefinable" category. (An arm wrestling match between Thor and Imm. Herc nearly threw the planet out of orbit, btw)
Has matter manipulation and energy absorbing abilities via mjolnir
Has weather control abilities strong enough to summon category 5 hurricanes and Tornadoes, not to mention assloads of magic lightning
And Finally his Godforce is strong enough to severely hurt Galactus and bust celestial armor wide open.

Thor is no joke- a Thor that's not holding back would split Black Adam in two like a ripe melon. Thor 9/10.

quanchi112
people seem like they are overlooking black adam here.

he was crushing teams.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by quanchi112

he was crushing teams.

not overlooking that at all- But a PO'ed Thor would do the same. Warrior Madness Thor took out Beta Ray Bill, the Surfer, and the Infinity Watch combined.

When it comes down to it, Black Adam and Thor have most of the same abilities, but Thor is more versatile with higher end feats. Taking on a FED Galactus solo and winning >>>> taking out DC superteams.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Space M ummy
not overlooking that at all- But a PO'ed Thor would do the same. Warrior Madness Thor took out Beta Ray Bill, the Surfer, and the Infinity Watch combined.

When it comes down to it, Black Adam and Thor have most of the same abilities, but Thor is more versatile with higher end feats. Taking on a FED Galactus solo and winning >>>> taking out DC superteams. are u talking about when thor also had the power gem?

Space M ummy
are u talking about when thor also had the power gem?

Thor fought the Infinity Watch to GET the power gem in the first place. There was obviously some jobbing going on there, but for one reason or another they couldn't take him out before he took the PG from Drax.

TricksterPriest
The speed edge hurts Thor. But he could still take a few.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

not as much as you might think. Thor's been established to have superspeed reaction times, and is able to swing the hammer at 2x lightspeed.

He's not a speedster and isn't capable of a blitz, but is apparently able to react to one. IIRC he's tagged Hermes, and Surfer going "all out" got beaten down three separate times.

Thor can also teleport anywhere in the MU in seconds, as well as teleporting others. He could conceivably simply BFR Black Adam to hell, the sun, or a black hole instantaneously without getting his hands dirty.

Since BA Can't traverse dimensional barriers on his own, this fight would be over pretty fast.

quanchi112

When it comes down to it, Black Adam and Thor have most of the same abilities, but Thor is more versatile with higher end feats. Taking on a FED Galactus solo and winning >>>> taking out DC superteams. id like to read the comic where he solos galactus. im sure there was some nasty plot device going on. there had to be.

its unbelievability factor is off the charts.

llagrok
Most incarnations of Thor should beat Black Adam.

Newjak
I'm going to assume everyone believes this Thor to be as powerful as the one seen in Ragnarok. Otherwise I'd have to wonder when beating Iron Man became more impressive than what Adam did in WW3. The thing is that this just seems to be Thor back to Classic Levels without the Odinforce.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Newjak
The thing is that this just seems to be Thor back to Classic Levels without the Odinforce.

Except he seems a lot more serious and doesn't constantly hold back to make the fight more even. Classic Thor also had a great deal of big feats to back him up, heck classic Thor used to be able to time travel even... although he stopped using that power many years ago.

starlock
Thor for the win

Kutulu
id like to read the comic where he solos galactus. im sure there was some nasty plot device going on. there had to be.

its unbelievability factor is off the charts.

He doesn't really solo Galactus. Galactus showed up to try and consume Ego... Thor tried to defend Ego, so not only was Ego fighting back against Galactus, Thor was added into the mix. Thor tried some physical hits on Galactus and got tossed away like a gnat. If Galactus had focused his energy on Thor initially he would have gotten stomped, but his main target was ego.

Then Thor used some kind of Pedastal to hold his hammer while he focused a full powered God-blast through it, which drove Galactus back to his ship and he took off. It was a very impressive feat for Thor though, but it's pretty clear if you read the whole story, that if Galactus had focused his rage on just Thor alone, Thor would have died pretty quickly.

llagrok
Except he seems a lot more serious and doesn't constantly hold back to make the fight more even. Classic Thor also had a great deal of big feats to back him up, heck classic Thor used to be able to time travel even... although he stopped using that power many years ago.

I believe he lost that power, can't seem to remember why though :/

I also think that Classic Thor would be capable of doing the same thing.

Bol Gath
As shown by another poster, scans of the new Thor:

Holy crap..... That's kickass on a whole new level! Thor looks awesome. Ehhrm back to the fight at hand.... Thor probably wins, but it would be a
good fight!

quanchi112
not as much as you might think. Thor's been established to have superspeed reaction times, and is able to swing the hammer at 2x lightspeed.

He's not a speedster and isn't capable of a blitz, but is apparently able to react to one. IIRC he's tagged Hermes, and Surfer going "all out" got beaten down three separate times.

Thor can also teleport anywhere in the MU in seconds, as well as teleporting others. He could conceivably simply BFR Black Adam to hell, the sun, or a black hole instantaneously without getting his hands dirty.

Since BA Can't traverse dimensional barriers on his own, this fight would be over pretty fast. figures u left out that it wast thor gaalctus was coming for.

i knew u left some part of the story out.

Validus
Originally posted by Newjak
The thing is that this just seems to be Thor back to Classic Levels without the Odinforce.
I'm aware but its the only way I can make sense of Thor being given such a huge majority here. What he did to Iron Man sure as heck doesn't warrant any 9/10 votes considering Tony isn't all that powerful.

llagrok
I'm aware but its the only way I can make sense of Thor being given such a huge majority here. What he did to Iron Man sure as heck doesn't warrant any 9/10 votes considering Tony isn't all that powerful.

Oh right.

Classic Thor's only feat is beating Iron Man.

Galan007
BA rips Thor's face off! 313

Space M ummy
figures u left out that it wast thor gaalctus was coming for.

i knew u left some part of the story out.

If you want to know the entire story, read the comic. I'm not a library.

short story: a FED Galactus (the story made it clear he was not weak) Was coming after Ego. Ego was losing, badly. Thor took a surprise attack on Galactus via his Godforce attack which PER THE COMIC came very close to outright killing Galactus.

The story was there to demonstrate that Thor has an attack that's capable of killing an abstract level being many, MANY times more powerful than Black Adam.

It's also been shown to break through Exitar's armor entirely (again, a being on par with Galactus and WAY, WAY stronger than BA) while simultaeously shaking the entire surface of the planet. Solo.

Bottom line, Thor has assaults in his arsenal that BA has no way to counter.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Galan007

that's a wet dream that will never happen wink, this Thor by the write is going to be more powerful than his classic form, and pretty Thor is on his way. Restoring Asgard that's feat alone above BA, BA could only dream of doing that.

Validus
Originally posted by llagrok
Oh right.

Classic Thor's only feat is beating Iron Man.
Pretty nice way to stretch words. *golf clap*

grey fox
I love how everyone is saying 'But Black Adam was schooling teams ?' when no one seems to consider that said teams sucked. There was barely ANYONE left on DC eaRTH strong enough (IE over 300 tons) whom could take down BA.

rico777
Originally posted by Galan007
Cosigned... plus the team that BA was fighting is >>> than IM wink

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by grey fox
I love how everyone is saying 'But Black Adam was schooling teams ?' when no one seems to consider that said teams sucked. There was barely ANYONE left on DC eaRTH strong enough (IE over 300 tons) whom could take down BA.
John stewart,alan scott,power girl,martian manhunter and guy gardner suck huh...

Lord Prime
BA

TricksterPriest
IIRC, it was Immortus who jacked the time travel power from Mjolnir. Thor has the versatility edge, but there are still questions about his speed. If the two had roughly the same speed, I'd give it to Thor most of the time. This version seems to be a smarter fighter and he's not holding back.

Draco69
Why does noone think that Black Adam could just, you know, DODGE the Godblast with his incredible superspeed....

horrorwolf
This would be a good fight,
but a piss'd Thor would take this at least 8/10.

Swanky-Tuna

he was crushing teams.
I'd be far more impressed if he was beating individuals. The reason is, in DC, teams are far less than the sum of their parts. The Stormtrooper effect is in full swing in DC.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I'd be far more impressed if he was beating individuals. The reason is, in DC, teams are far less than the sum of their parts. The Stormtrooper effect is in full swing in DC. black adam was damn impressive but ur right about dc teams being kinda weak.

Dreamcatcher
Originally posted by Draco69
Why does noone think that Black Adam could just, you know, DODGE the Godblast with his incredible superspeed....

What if Thor took hold of him, and then commenced in using the god bast?

Acrosurge
I'd be far more impressed if he was beating individuals. The reason is, in DC, teams are far less than the sum of their parts. The Stormtrooper effect is in full swing in DC. Co-signed.

Thor takes this fight. BA may have the speed advantage, but that is his only advantage and it isn't enough against Thor's greater versatility and overall power.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Dreamcatcher
What if Thor took hold of him, and then commenced in using the god bast?
What if Thor took hold of him and the Black Adam punched him straight in the face before he could use the god blast?

I'm not sure who wins this, but Black Adam is not to be written off as a god blast victim so easily.

quanchi112
thor would not dimiss black adam as easily as some would have u believe.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Deathstroke
What if Thor took hold of him and the Black Adam punched him straight in the face before he could use the god blast?

I'm not sure who wins this, but Black Adam is not to be written off as a god blast victim so easily. the colts looked very impressive in week 1.

on a sidenote i wonder how the spying affected the pats/colts games int he playoffs over the years.

those damn cheating pats.

Deathstroke
the colts looked very impressive in week 1.

on a sidenote i wonder how the spying affected the pats/colts games int he playoffs over the years.

those damn cheating pats.

Holy crap.

I'm not exatcly sure how their spying has affected the colts, but this is the first post that I have totally agreed with you on.

The Patriots are a bunch of m(*&^% f(*^%&^ cheaters.

Oh and WW3 BA takes a couple at least.

Beating Iron Man (even though I'm and Iron Man fan) isn't all that impressive.

quanchi112
Holy crap.

I'm not exatcly sure how their spying has affected the colts, but this is the first post that I have totally agreed with you on.

The Patriots are a bunch of m(*&^% f(*^%&^ cheaters.

Oh and WW3 BA takes a couple at least.

Beating Iron Man (even though I'm and Iron Man fan) isn't all that impressive. yeah no one knows. look at this link here.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/09/13/cheating/?bcnn=yes

it tells u they have been doing it as far back as 2000 i believe against the buccaneers. listen to the story against the lions as well.

pats are a bunch of aholes.

i have despised bill bellichick.

we know know why his halftime adjustments have been so dead on,huh?

check out the link and tell me what u think and how it makes u sick at how they have been cheating for years.

Deathstroke
I don't know if every team in the NFL cheats or not (including the Colts), but I know one thing is for sure, the Pats have been $U%*(#^ caught in the act. I may be biased (being a Colts fan), but I hope they &^%$#$% rot in hell.

On that note, WW3 BA has showed me more so far than the new Thor. I say BA takes the majority.

quanchi112
I don't know if every team in the NFL cheats or not (including the Colts), but I know one thing is for sure, the Pats have been $U%*(#^ caught in the act. I may be biased (being a Colts fan), but I hope they &^%$#$% rot in hell.

On that note, WW3 BA has showed me more so far than the new Thor. I say BA takes the majority. i d bet that tony dungy wouldnt do this. hes a classy guy while bellichick is a dumbass for doing it against the jets and his former assistant and a weasel.

black adam was a badass thats for sure.

still not familiar with thors current showings so i cant say who wins this yet.

Tron

I agree, but I'd have to say that Mjolnir gives Thor a slighter edge. A battered and bruised Thor for the win.

TricksterPriest
Could BA call down a Shazam Bolt and lay Thor out with it or would Thor be immune to that?

h1a8
To be honest, that scan isn't even really a high level showing for CLASSIC Thor.

Classic Thor:

Beat down the Silver Surfer numerous times (WAY, WAY stronger, faster, and more durable than stark, btw)
Hung out in the Sun (not absorbing energy to amp his stats like superman does, just flat out ignoring the damage)
Tested his durability with nuclear bombs (they can't scratch him, btw),
is able to swing his hammer in excess of light speed,
has a strength level that's totally undefined- matched only by the Hulk and possibly immortal hercules, also in the "undefinable" category. (An arm wrestling match between Thor and Imm. Herc nearly threw the planet out of orbit, btw)
Has matter manipulation and energy absorbing abilities via mjolnir
Has weather control abilities strong enough to summon category 5 hurricanes and Tornadoes, not to mention assloads of magic lightning
And Finally his Godforce is strong enough to severely hurt Galactus and bust celestial armor wide open.

Thor is no joke- a Thor that's not holding back would split Black Adam in two like a ripe melon. Thor 9/10.

Why do Thor fanatics boost and exaggerate Thor to the point of lies?

1. Thor didn't hang out in the sun without being protected.

2. Cobalt bombs are not nuclear bombs. (the former was used to test Thor's durability).

3. And Thor is not that strong (physical strength wise) when you compare him to D.C. top tiers.

And by the way. I love Thor too.
I'm just non-bias and I refuse to lie to myself.

grey fox
I'd be far more impressed if he was beating individuals. The reason is, in DC, teams are far less than the sum of their parts. The Stormtrooper effect is in full swing in DC.

Inverse Ninja law ftw !

Priest
I dont know if BA can overwhelm Thor with his speed, Thor tagged Ironman going full speed at him with the Mjinor. We all know that ironman is faster than the speed of sound.
http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor3dcp0012tb1.jpg
Granted that BA is much faster than Ironman, i don't see Thor having much a problem dealing with his speed advantage, since he dealt with Tony such a nonchalant matter.
Thor fo the win, too much power backing up Odinson.

rico777
Originally posted by Priest
I dont know if BA can overwhelm Thor with his speed, Thor tagged Ironman going full speed at him with the Mjinor. We all know that ironman is faster than the speed of sound.
Granted that BA is much faster than Ironman, i don't see Thor having much a problem dealing with his speed advantage, since he dealt with Tony such a nonchalant matter.
Thor fo the win, too much power backing up Odinson.

BA can go near lightspeed..but since he is Captain Marvels equal, and captain marvel has already gone light speed... BA can too. So I'm still sure that BA will give Thor quite a problem.

llagrok
Originally posted by rico777
BA can go near lightspeed..but since he is Captain Marvels equal, and captain marvel has already gone light speed... BA can too. So I'm still sure that BA will give Thor quite a problem.

BA's speed puts him at an advantage, but it's not as big as most people believe.

Could BA call down a Shazam Bolt and lay Thor out with it or would Thor be immune to that?

Thor could absorb it with Mjolnir, but I'm pretty sure BA could get the first Shazam in.

Galan007
Originally posted by the Darkone
that's a wet dream that will never happen wink, this Thor by the write is going to be more powerful than his classic form, and pretty Thor is on his way. Restoring Asgard that's feat alone above BA, BA could only dream of doing that. Pfft.

Thor won't be doing anything without a face. 313

the Darkone
Originally posted by h1a8
Why do Thor fanatics boost and exaggerate Thor to the point of lies?

1. Thor didn't hang out in the sun without being protected.

2. Cobalt bombs are not nuclear bombs. (the former was used to test Thor's durability). winkThor took planetary explosion on two different ocassions.

3. What the f**k? And Thor is not that strong (physical strength wise) when you compare him to D.C. top tiers.

And by the way. I love Thor too.
I'm just non-bias and I refuse to lie to myself.

Thor is just as strong as Superman or stronger, Thor has great feat of strength, lifting Midgard Serpent alone is strength feat alone, not to mention punching Krog brother out earths solar system.

h1a8
Thor is just as strong as Superman or stronger, Thor has great feat of strength, lifting Midgard Serpent alone is strength feat alone, not to mention punching Krog brother out earths solar system.

Thor is far far weaker than Superman. Do you know who Superman is? Lifting the midgard serpent wasn't 1/1000th of a feat vs. any of Superman's best ones.

The magical boat was supplying Thor will extra power to pull the serpent away. Plus Thor was only lifting the A section of the serpent, as the panel showed that the rest of the Serpent's body was in ethereal form. The earth didn't even budge from orbit when pulling the serpent.
A great feat nontheless but mediocre when compared to Superman.

the Darkone
Thor is far far weaker than Superman. Do you know who Superman is? Lifting the midgard serpent wasn't 1/1000th of a feat vs. any of Superman's best ones.

The magical boat was supplying Thor will extra power to pull the serpent away. Plus Thor was only lifting the A section of the serpent, as the panel showed that the rest of the Serpent's body was in ethereal form. The earth didn't even budge from orbit when pulling the serpent.

that's your opinion, but that doesn't mean everybody will agree. Thor strength feats are up there, Thor's full strength has yet to be seen, if anything Thor and Superman are equals in my eyes.

rico777
that's your opinion, but that doesn't mean everybody will agree. Thor strength feats are up there, Thor's full strength has yet to be seen, if anything Thor and Superman are equals in my eyes.

how are they equal?

Superman is stronger than Thor.. now not a great deal, but fairly stronger
Superman is faster than Thor
Superman is durable than Thor

The only thing Thor has going for him is magic.. but Superman can still take him out.

vlaaad12345
how are they equal?

The only thing Thor has going for him is magic.. but Superman can still take him out.
Eh I agree superman is thors physical superior by a bit,thor is just more versatile because of his hammer.

UniOmni

You, the guy who doesn't think classic Thor could kill DOS DD?

Brick Walls have gained sentience!

Thor tossed an alien out of the solar system.

He and Herc closed a dimension portal with strength alone.

He has plenty of strength feats that put him on the level of Superman.

Superman has more, since it's his schtick, but you can't really definitely say that he's vastly stronger. Or stronger at all.

But this fight is pointless.

The Thor in this fight has been in three comics, and we know nothing about his stats.

The only thing we can say about this fight, is that if Teth tries a charge, he's liable to get a face full of Mjnollir, the same way Tony did.

Classic Thor vs Teth is a close stalmate with an edge to Thor in my mind.

Gecko4lif
If current thor still has odin force and runes then i feel sorry for black adam

but if he is on classic level then black takes this

Badabing
Thor looked impressive against Ironman but Stark is no Teth. Thor appears to be above his classic power set and the writer hinted to that by saying "In this time and in this place, I am no longer holding back." I took that Thor, in his classic form, either never reached his full power or never used it.

llagrok
Originally posted by Badabing
Thor looked impressive against Ironman but Stark is no Teth. Thor appears to be above his classic power set and the writer hinted to that by saying "In this time and in this place, I am no longer holding back." I took that Thor, in his classic form, either never reached his full power or never used it.

Classic Thor could take the majority from Teth, we assume Thor hasn't gotten any weaker.

how are they equal?

I wouldn't give Superman the strength majority, never. Superman's limbs can also be broken, Thor's bones are in fact unbreakable. Hela had to cast a spell in order for them to actually become breakable, go check out The Mutant Massacre.

The only thing he has going for him is magic? You mean near-instant dimensional teleportation powers, energy output, energy absorption, weather control and matter manipulation? Yeah, what a crapload of useless powers that is. Superman is out of his league.

As far as Teth not-so-versatile Adam goes, I highly doubt he would ever take a win from Thor. Shazam-lightning would get instantly absorbed by Thor's hammer, rendering Black Adam's most popular attack useless. Thor also swings his hammer much faster than lightspeed, so I doubt Black Adam punches that much faster than him.

This is pretty much like She Hulk vs Mr.M w/superhuman physique.

K3VIL
It's fun to see that the DC boys still believes the AVENGERS/JLA fight was the answer.It was one of the crappiest battles involving two major characters ever happened, and by the way inconsistent.Cause in a real fight, Supes got physical powers and heat vision, Thor got physical powers and a vast array of energy emission/absorption powers, thank to Mjolnir.
SUPERMAN IS THE FASTEST BLABLABLABLA
Thor can travel at 3 times the speed of light using Mjolnir, and moving at such speeds means your body needs to be hella durable and your reflexes must be uncanny or otherwise he would have been a pulp on some asteroid cause he couldn't be able to manouver.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by K3VIL
It's fun to see that the DC boys still believes the AVENGERS/JLA fight was the answer.It was one of the crappiest battles involving two major characters ever happened, and by the way inconsistent.Cause in a real fight, Supes got physical powers and heat vision, Thor got physical powers and a vast array of energy emission/absorption powers, thank to Mjolnir.
SUPERMAN IS THE FASTEST BLABLABLABLA
Thor can travel at 3 times the speed of light using Mjolnir, and moving at such speeds means your body needs to be hella durable and your reflexes must be uncanny or otherwise he would have been a pulp on some asteroid cause he couldn't be able to manouver.
Supes goes several times the speed of light under his own power very easily,jla/avengers showed that superman is the physical superior while thor has the versatility edge.

Longinus
maybe speed is one of the powers they'll be writitng this new Thor with, it would only make sense. Anyway, I don't mean to go off topic with this but it seems like they are building Thor much like Hulk to be an enemy of the Earth. Guess they'll have Sentry challenge Thor. Sentry just can't get a break these days, fighting Hulk and now possibly Thor but maybe he'll gain some tremendous feats. On topic- I think it's split 5 for each, Thor is more versatile but lacks speed (although he may possess it now) of Black Adam

K3VIL
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Supes goes several times the speed of light under his own power very easily,jla/avengers showed that superman is the physical superior while thor has the versatility edge.
The only right thing in their ecounter, was when Thor knocked Supes into a skyscraper using Mjolnir and it took a bit for Supes to understand what happened.And that's what should happen considering magic is his major weakness with kryptonite.
Mjolnir is one of the most powerful magical artifacts/weapons ever made.Add that the owner is someone of Supes level, you got the result.

vlaaad12345
The only right thing in their ecounter, was when Thor knocked Supes into a skyscraper using Mjolnir and it took a bit for Supes to understand what happened.And that's what should happen considering magic is his major weakness with kryptonite.
Mjolnir is one of the most powerful magical artifacts/weapons ever made.Add that the owner is someone of Supes level, you got the result.
I see your one of those crowds who go omg magic supes dies,superman has takin tons of magical attacks before and come out fine,we got the result as in the canon crossover showed that superman is the physical superior to thor while thor can win if he uses his versatility.

rico777

Ugh i really hate it when people always use the "oh he's weak to magic and kryptonite" excuse... he has been quite resistant to both throughout the years now. So much that it hardly affects him. Those excuses don't fly anymore and dont grant Supermans opponents a decisive win against him anymore.

the Darkone
What the f**k? Supes goes several times the speed of light under his own power very easily,jla/avengers showed that superman is the What the f**k? physical superior while thor has the versatility edge.

Superman does not travel 7z speed of light, he can achieve it closer he gets to the sun. Thor on a normal bases travels 3x speed of light he can go faster, Superman is not physical superior hardly. JLA/Avengers is crappy writing from jump should not be brought up for feats on either side.

vlaaad12345
Superman does not travel 7z speed of light, he can achieve it closer he gets to the sun. Thor on a normal bases travels 3x speed of light he can go faster, Superman is not physical superior hardly. JLA/Avengers is crappy writing from jump should not be brought up for feats on either side.
Yes he does travel several times the speed of light,he took wonderwoman there and back in under 2 minutes,and made it from earth to saturn in 4 minutes,he does stuff like that all the time and yes superman is the physical superior or did thor not get physically beat down?thats right he did.

the Darkone
Yes he does travel several times the speed of light,he took wonderwoman there and back in under 2 minutes,and made it from earth to saturn in 4 minutes,he does stuff like that all the time and yes superman is the physical superior or did thor not get physically beat down?thats right he did. No he didn't, using a crossover is weak sice it's none canon

They where kicking each others a$$, lets be real Superman blocking the hammer was major PIS. DC will never allowed Superman too lose in a crossover not matter what.

batdude123

Darkone, Superman recently in Countdown #48 went from the star Vega to Earth in a couple of minutes. Vega is 25+ light years away... erm

So, as you can imagine, that is A LOT faster than 7x the speed of light.

vlaaad12345
They where kicking each others a$$, lets be real Superman blocking the hammer was major PIS. DC will never allowed Superman too lose in a crossover not matter what.
How was it pis?because thor didnt kick supermans ass its pis?the crossover happened and it showed superman as the physical superior so get over it.

Tron
How was it pis?because thor didnt kick supermans ass its pis?the crossover happened and it showed superman as the physical superior so get over it.

Because Mjolnir is one the most powerful mystical weapons in the Marvel U., and we all know Superman quite vulnerable to anything mystical or magical. Not saying that Superman shouldn't have won, the match could've gone either way in my opinion, but Superman simply catching Thor's hammer shouldn't have happened.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Tron
Because Mjolnir is one the most powerful mystical weapons in the Marvel, and we all know Superman quite vulnerable to anything mystical or magical. Not saying that Superman shouldn't have won, the match could've gone either way in my opinion, but Superman simply catching Thor's hammer shouldn't have happened.

thumb up 100% agree.

Badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
Darkone, Superman recently in Countdown #48 went from the star Vega to Earth in a couple of minutes. Vega is 25+ light years away... erm

So, as you can imagine, that is A LOT faster than 7x the speed of light. How did Jimmy's Superman alert thing make it to vega that quickly? I remember the comic but always wondered......

carver9
Well I would like to say this. Superman is the greatest hero to ever come out but he isnt as powerful as people dream of him to be. Superman hasnt shown yet since his pre crisis years to go faster than the speed of light (no on panel feat stating that he was going faster than light.). Superman hasnt shown yet to have planet busting strength (was struggling to move the moon by himself, needed the aid of wonderwoman and mm. In his prime form, superman blue, he needed help from wonderwoman and mm to move the earth back in course and youre saying that he is stronger than thor who has moved a being that was stated as being heavier than the planet earth, yeah right.). Thor versatility is what makes him >> superman. Thor has everything that superman has plus interest. People overrate superman so much that it is rediculous. Now having thor go against black adam, this is a good battle and I could see black adam winning some but I still give the edge to thor. If black adam was going against beta ray bill, I would vote for brb also. They just have to much versatility and the dc top guns have not shown any planet busting power yet, like beta ray bill and the group from marvel. You have on panel feats of beta ray bill and gladiator destroying planets with nothing but there fist, can you show me superman, wonderwoman, or black adam pulling the same strength feat, hell naw.

carver9
Yes he does travel several times the speed of light,he took wonderwoman there and back in under 2 minutes,and made it from earth to saturn in 4 minutes,he does stuff like that all the time and yes superman is the physical superior or did thor not get physically beat down?thats right he did.

and he did all of this while in space which has no gravity and gives a huge speed increase. Nova can go the speed of light in space but can only go the speed of sound on earth. Superman has never went anywhere close to the speed of light on earth, if he has then please put up a scan. Show me a scan of the narrator ever saying that superman was going the speed of light, trust me you wont find one. Im a superman reader and I have never witnessed it yet. I have seen writers say that he dont come close to that speed anymore but I havent seen a narrator or even superman himself say that he can go close or ever faster than that speed.

Rorschach

Rorschach

carver9

carver9

Rorschach

Rorschach
Originally posted by carver9
You take it serious but its kind of hard for me to believe any of what was said from you about superman since you give him powers above what he has.

I go by what's demonstrated on panel or at least said in comics.

Silver surfer went faster than the speed of light on earth during the time that he fought vision inside of a volcanoe. It was stated on panel when he was searching for the avengers that he was going light speed.

Light speed means he was moving at the speed of light, not beyond it.

Sentry might cant go the speed of light until proven other wise. When was it ever stated that sentry can go the speed of light. Even though he is one of my favorite characters right now, he might cant go that fast since it wasnt shown on panel yet.

According to you Sentry can't go lightspeed. I'll keep that in mind.

Gladiator has moved as fast as light on earth and it was in a short distance. I have shown you scans of this but take it how you want.

It said he was moving near the speed of light.

Every character that you name has shown on panel feats of them going faster than light on earth.

Sentry? Gladiator? Surfer?

I said faster than light, and so far the closest you got is Surfer moving at the speed of light while on Earth.

Youre just using them to try to back up superman not being able to go that fast.

Apparently they can't got that fast either.

You have no on panel feats, you just keep bringing up superman inside of a black hole

I guess I should ignore On-panel feats.

(by the way, when gladiator was going through space (not fussing), it was stated ON PANEL that gladiator was going 100 times the speed of light. You see the difference between you saying it and the narrator saying it. gladiator actually has proof of his speed.).

And another time Gladiator flew light-years in a few minutes/seconds. That's actually faster than 100 times the speed of light. It doesn't have to be directly stated, you should be able to figure it out. If a character lifts a planet, the entire weight of the planet doesn't have to be stated.

I have a question for ya. If I was writing a book and I said that my character has enough telekinetic powers that he could move a mountain, would you believe it.

Only if was demonstrated on-panel and didn't contradict several other showings.

I would because Im the writer, I can give my character anything that they want. If the writer says that superman can only go 2000mps, then that is his max.

Not if it contradicts on-panel showings. Superman has had several different writers, some say he can only move at 2000mps but on-panel showings say otherwise, some say he can beat Galactus, on-panel showings say otherwise.

CaptainStoic
Moving at the speed of light within the atmosphere is ridiculous, does anyone realize what would happen if something were to move at that speed? The friction alone would tear them to pieces, even someone like Superman would be chipped up, and even if it did not affect him, he would cause global catastrophies at that rate of speed. This is why it is never done and if it is you can consider it PIS. Shit ironman shouldn't be able to fly as fast as he does within the atmosphere, i have a friend that is a pilot and he said that if ironman so much as lifted his head at that speed it would be torn off.

Thor would only beat Black Adam 5/10 why do I say this? because half of those fights may wind up with Thor losing Mjolnir and getting trashed before it returned to his hand. Black Adam is incredibly powerful, he took a direct hit from Super Boy Prime without being knocked out, which made me realize how durable this guy is. I'd say that Super Boy Prime hits harder than Thor does. Even though Black Adam could never take Super Boy Prime, and would most likely wind up as a ping pong ball to him, it was still impressive that a hit like that didn't kill him outright.
This is why I scored the fight so evenly between the two.

Rorschach
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
would cause global catastrophies at that rate of speed. This is why it is never done

Yeah, this is why characters don't go light speed or FTL while on Earth. It's not because they can't, but because of the damage they would cause.

Only a few characters like Flash have loopholes to prevent that.

carver9
Originally posted by Rorschach
Yeah, this is why characters don't go light speed or FTL while on Earth. It's not because they can't, but because of the damage they would cause.

Only a few characters like Flash have loopholes to prevent that.

and some just cant do it. If superman could he would have said that he was unable to keep up with superboy prime when superman prime stated that he was going to fly through oa at the speed of light. Or superman would be able to keep up with flash when flash is continously tagging him and superman is helpless and unable to do anything.

Some people say that wonder woman also goes that fast but when she was fighting zoom she stated that she was helpless against him because he fight to fast for her. She stated that she was unable to keep up with him because he was punching her at the speed of light.

Rorschach

batdude123
LOL...

Carver is a joke. Period.

rougeredmage
i think the point of the recent thor vs ironman battle is that thor wasnt even realy fighting in that battle he just stood there and beatdown ironman without even bothering to make a real effort to try and fight him ( ie no close range mellee)

Avlon

Validus
Goodness gracious. How the hell did this thread end up on Superman? laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
Didn't Flash give Supes a speed boost to outrace the beam? Or am I wrong? confused

Avlon
Goodness gracious. How the hell did this thread end up on Superman? laughing out loud

Everything comes from Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.