yu yu hakusho vs bleach

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chickenlover98
im sorry. couldnt help it. big grin had to make this thread.
i would say itd b very close. depends on the matchups clearly because of speed it gives the bleach chars an advantage

Kero_Co
World against world? Yu yu. They lack speed if you think about genkai,kuwabara, kurama but almost everyone else near the end of the series are fast enough to keep up with bleach characters. Yusuke solos most of them himself, then there is Raizen, Yomi,Shura,Mukuro,Sensui,Enki and all the rest of Raizens friends. Plus the can fly and they drastically overpower zanpakus.

chickenlover98
true, but dont forget bout flash step. they are very fast in bleach

Violent2Dope
Yusukae near the end of Dark Tournament arc could blow up a mountain.erm Also, Toguro could handle a sizeable portion of the Bleach dudes himself.

chickenlover98
dont forget the captains and lieutenants.

chickenlover98
including aizen

Kero_Co
Yomi will kill Aizen, because he's blind.
or Mukuro because part bio-demonic machine or
Hiei because he has Jagan eye.

chickenlover98
aizen does have all his powers. including reiatsu. this is also considering all bleach chars work together

Kero_Co
I don't see how that helps.

chickenlover98
he could say i dont know freeze them in place and slash them. rukia could use a binding spell. urryu could shott them. many things

Kero_Co
Kaitou extends his territory, shinigami call out the name of their zanpaku, instant loss.

chickenlover98
im sorry i havent watched hakusho in so long. cant find eps ne where. so forgive me if i dont know whokaitou is

leonheartmm
lol. yu yu hakusho vs yu yu hakusho rip off?????{ok, not ENTIRELY, but it does have most elements of the series. yu yu hakusho + flame of recca= bleach. not dissing the series or anything though. i am a fan}

yu characters mop the floor with the vapuorised brains of bleachverse.
yasuke by the end of the series could destroy a continent with his rei gun. he would probably solo bleachverse

ZeroX
if one of the matches are yusuke vs ichigo i would say its close but ichigo takes the cake

Sol Valentine
Nah, as much as I like Ichigo, he isn't ready yet.

Probably once we se him fight Aizen he'll be ready.

ZeroX
well i just forgot about yu yu hakusho i haven't seen that show since 2 or maybe even 3 years so i forgot about yusuke powers all i remember was the spirit gun

Sol Valentine
By the end of the Dark Tourney, he was powerful enough to blow mountains.

ZeroX
remind me of some of his moves

jmcnasty
Yusuke vs Sensui

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrs9Sv7lB6I&mode=related&search=

jmcnasty
Yusuke vs Yomi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLxdIEzSt54&mode=related&search=

ZeroX
YEAH NOW I REMEMBER THAT SHOW WAS BADASS IM ABOUT TO START WACHING THE FINAL ARC

Sol Valentine
I watched it.
It was so good it brought me to tears when Keiko and Yusuke saw each other again at the beach.

ZeroX
thanks for ruing the last part for me

chickenlover98
so who wins? yu yu or bleach? im still torn...

Haruhi
Originally posted by chickenlover98
so who wins? yu yu or bleach? im still torn...

YYH characters are certainly more powerful. But, it really doesn't matter.. Because with Shyunpo, all the Bleachers would have to do is just cut off their heads, and that would be all she wrote.

Only character I see posing a viable threat is Hiei, who is actually really fast,too.

jmcnasty
Yu Yu Hakahso characters are stronger. Watch the show over and then compare it to Bleach. The only reason people would say Bleach is because thats the show everyone is watching now, meaning its cemented into our minds wirte now.

Haruhi
Originally posted by jmcnasty
Yu Yu Hakahso characters are stronger. Watch the show over and then compare it to Bleach. The only reason people would say Bleach is because thats the show everyone is watching now, meaning its cemented into our minds wirte now.

Nope. I've seen all of YYH, many many times.I still remember much of it. I say Bleach would win, mainly because they're SO fast. YYH is much stronger, but it doesn't matter when all the Bleachers have to do is just shyunpo blitz YYH.

Violent2Dope
All Yusuke has to do is spirit gun and blow up a continent(if that really happened, I never got past the Sensui shit).

Kero_Co
Kaito is a friend/rival of Kurama that upon extended his psychic territory can force the soul to change into a fragile crystal by saying a letter, a word, or anything at all. Then there's that other guy who can copy the abilities, memories,and appearance of whomever he chooses. As for speed, Hiei wins when it comes to short sprints but Yusuke and Yomi really arn't far off, and again, they can fly. Huge Advantage. Plus, after being hit with punches that can tear through a demon flesh and blows that can cause earthquakes to an entire continent, the major players won't be killed by anything less than bankai. arn't going

chickenlover98
yea they can. zaraki can kill em. hes a ****in psychopath, plus hes one of the strongest captains. i rly want him to learn his zanpaktos name

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Haruhi
Nope. I've seen all of YYH, many many times.I still remember much of it. I say Bleach would win, mainly because they're SO fast. YYH is much stronger, but it doesn't matter when all the Bleachers have to do is just shyunpo blitz YYH.

Quite obviously you overrate the power and speed of the Bleach characters, simply due to flashy animation. Here's the thing, when Hiei was still just a C class demon, he was able to rip a guy's arm off so fast, and hide it behind his back, without the guy even noticing (since he did it fast enough for the guy to feel no pain). Then when the guy taunts him to attack, he sais "I already did, fool," and he reveals the arm of that guy that he was hiding behind his back. Now, he was just fooling around at that point, and he could go much faster. And once again, that was only as a C class demon. The fact of the matter is that nobody from Bleach has even done anything close to that, as far as I can see. And by the end of the series, where most of the characters are A and S class fighters, they are at least a hundred times faster than they were back in the DT arc, as C and B class demons. Also, Ichigo creating after images of himself, doesn't mean anything (as so many people seem to try and use as an argument against mine, for YYH characters). The thing is that after images mean nothing, since weaker YYH characters like Rinku, have created after images of themselves (several, in fact), and even Rurouni Kenshin characters can do that.

Now, to answer the main question of this thread, it may depend on what point in each series you are comparing the characters to each other from, but if its YYH by the end of the series vs. Bleach characters during the current manga, then the YYH characters would EASILY CRUSH the Bleach characters. Bleach characters are often rapidly getting stronger (sometimes its too rediculously fast), I'll admit that, but at their current level, the strongest Bleach characters would only be equal to a high B class, or Low A class fighter from YYH. And even then, A class demons are common in Demon world, so it doesn't really mean much wink .

Haruhi
Fair assessment. But, Bleachers are faster, still.

Byakuya, in the beginning of the series,was able to move so fast that Ichigo didn't even see him moving in, cutting his sword, then returning to his previous position. All he saw was Byakuya standing there, then without even noticing anything, Byakuya standing there with his sword in his hand. And this was Byakuya only using a fraction of his power, as he was in the human realm, instead of the Soul Society. Full power, he's at least three times faster. At least. Bleachers have also been able to move several miles in an instant with Shyunpo.

I'm not denying that YYH is more powerful (Dark T>current Bleach), but outside of Hiei, and possibly Yusuke, nobody in YYH moves on the level of Bleach, who treats vast distance with pure disdain.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Haruhi
Fair assessment. But, Bleachers are faster, still.

Byakuya, in the beginning of the series,was able to move so fast that Ichigo didn't even see him moving in, cutting his sword, then returning to his previous position. All he saw was Byakuya standing there, then without even noticing anything, Byakuya standing there with his sword in his hand. And this was Byakuya only using a fraction of his power, as he was in the human realm, instead of the Soul Society. Full power, he's at least three times faster. At least. Bleachers have also been able to move several miles in an instant with Shyunpo.

I'm not denying that YYH is more powerful (Dark T>current Bleach), but outside of Hiei, and possibly Yusuke, nobody in YYH moves on the level of Bleach, who treats vast distance with pure disdain.

Aren't you forgetting that people only seem faster to weaker anime characters though? Think about it: the reason Byakuya seemed so fast to Ichigo back then, was because Ichigo was relatively weak at that time. When he came back to face Byakuya at his Ban Kai level, Byakuya couldn't do any of those things to him, and his flash step was ineffective agains't Ichigo. In the same sense, when Hiei cut Seiryuu down with 16 instantaneous slashes, Kuwabara thought that it was only one slash. However, Yusuke, who was at a higher level, could spot more than half of them. My point is that people will seem faster to weaker anime characters, but for stronger and faster ones, it could be totally different. By the end of the series, the YYH characters are between A and S class demons. Does being an A class demon necessarily make you faster than less powerful opponents? No. But are the A and S class fighters of a certain level of speed, able to keep their futting with some faster characters? Most definitely.

Bleach characters are fast, that's true. And some of them (not all of them) are faster than A class demons (but trust me when I say that none of them so far, except for maybe Aizen and Urahara, have shown any indication of being on the level of speed of an S class demon, because according to the manga for YYH, S class demons have to be of a certain power, "AS WELL AS SPEED," in order to be classified at that level). That would mean that Kuwabara as an A class demon, while not fast at all in comparions to the other characters (since he's usually one of the weakest ones), would at least have to be faster than Hiei was at C class, and probably B class as well. Hiei was pretty fast already, and although he wasn't as fast as some Bleach characters are, when he was a C class demon, he could still hold his futting against fast characters at that point in the series. In that sense, Kuwabara, who is the slowest of the group, would also be able to hold his footing against Bleach characters, and as I'm sure you know since you said that you've seen the entire YYH series, that combined with his sword, which is abolutely unblockable (since it can cut through anything, including dimensions/dimensional portals), would make Kuwabara himself a lethal opponent.

Basically, I'm not underestimating Bleach characters yet, but at their current levels, they aren't as fast as S class demons, and their speed alone isn't enough to take down higher demons, since higher demons can, at the very least, keep up with their movements. Let me just say that at the rate Bleach is going, I wouldn't be surprised if they surpassed the level of YYH characters, but for the time being, they still have quite a ways to go, before any of them are at the level of high S class fighters from YYH wink .

Violent2Dope
Shunsui and Ukitake from Bleach traveled miles with one leap in an instant.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Shunsui and Ukitake from Bleach traveled miles with one leap in an instant.

When exactly did that happen again? I must have missed it in the anime, but I have not seen that happen in the manga at all.

It doesn't really make that much of a difference even if they can do that though. Yusuke is fast enough to spot their movements, and is you saw at the end of the Chapter Black arc, the Spirit Gun that he shot, hit and destroyed (I mean totally obliterated wink ) a mountain that was miles away, and it made contact within under a second. In that sense, he would have not problem hitting a Bleach charater with his spirit gun (especially if he used his rapid fire). Also, the force of him mixing up his spirit and demon energy, might be too much for them, since it would be hard to get close to him then. The same applies for Sensui who has sacred energy, and Yomi who has his absorbing wall (even though it only absorbs demon energy, it will still block other attacks).

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ensatsu-ken
When exactly did that happen again? I must have missed it in the anime, but I have not seen that happen in the manga at all.

It doesn't really make that much of a difference even if they can do that though. Yusuke is fast enough to spot their movements, and is you saw at the end of the Chapter Black arc, the Spirit Gun that he shot, hit and destroyed (I mean totally obliterated wink ) a mountain that was miles away, and it made contact within under a second. In that sense, he would have not problem hitting a Bleach charater with his spirit gun (especially if he used his rapid fire). Also, the force of him mixing up his spirit and demon energy, might be too much for them, since it would be hard to get close to him then. The same applies for Sensui who has sacred energy, and Yomi who has his absorbing wall (even though it only absorbs demon energy, it will still block other attacks). It happened in the manga. I agree thatn YYHverse win tho.

chickenlover98
if aizen gets em in an illusion nah they die

Akuki
YU YU Hakusho characters ftw. They're faster and a lot stronger. Plus Yomi is one of the few characters that I can state would beat Aizen in a straight fight right now.

ensatsu-ken
It happened in the manga. I agree thatn YYHverse win tho.

Could you give me a general idea of what chapter that might have been in, because I must have missed that somewhere? If not, then that's fine, I'll just go ask someone on the Bleach forum that I go to? Unless its happened rather recently in the manga (because I'm about 2 or 3 chapters behind the current manga chapter).

ensatsu-ken
if aizen gets em in an illusion nah they die

Uhhhh....aren't you forgetting that the illusion doesn't work on people who know about it, or who are blind. Yomi is blind, so that automatically sets him up to take down Aizen. Also, its possible that Hiei's Jagan Eye can counter Aizen's illusion.

chickenlover98
so what he just speedblitz. he can clearly survive some attacks

ensatsu-ken
so what he just speedblitz. he can clearly survive some attacks

Speedblitz....I don't get it?

Aizen's full power hasn't been shown yet, which is why its currently impossible to judge how strong he is. However, if his hypnotic abilities are the only abilities that he possesses, than of course he would be crushed by Yomi, Hiei, and Kurama (simply because Kurama is one of the smartest YYH characters, and would likely find a strategy around Aizen's hypnosis).

chickenlover98
he has reatsu and some other shit. im sure akuki has a respect thread up for him. if not then just ask him. he has many abilities, and i doubt even a fraction of his true power has been shown

Haruhi
Could you give me a general idea of what chapter that might have been in, because I must have missed that somewhere? If not, then that's fine, I'll just go ask someone on the Bleach forum that I go to? Unless its happened rather recently in the manga (because I'm about 2 or 3 chapters behind the current manga chapter).

It happened when Ukitake and Shunsui were facing Ganryusai. Ukitake quickly grabbed somebody, then Shynpoed away to a safe distance, then came right back. Gabryusai commented "Ah, you're able to move miles in an instant" or something. It's during the Soul Society Arc.

Sorry, I'd like to discuss this further right now, but I have an exam tomorrow, and I have yet to study for it. Xx;;

chickenlover98
besides zaraki could 1 shot kuabara. he wouldnt even hear the bells, being the retarded caveman that he is

ensatsu-ken
besides zaraki could 1 shot kuabara. he wouldnt even hear the bells, being the retarded caveman that he is

Uhhh....dude, no offense, but you have no idea how much you've just underestimated Kuwabara. Zaraki, at his current level, isn't even enough to take down Toguro. Toguro is A LOT faster than Zaraki is. Kuwabara as an A class demon, is stronger than Toguro, and probably as fast, if not faster. Second of all, his spirit sword by the end of the series is a dimension cutter (meaning that its powerful enough to cut through anything, including dimensional portals, and is absolutely unblockable; proof of this is that Sensui was able to block it/grab hold of it earlier, but when it was upgraded to a dimension cutter, Sensui had to dodge it completely, when Kuwabara swung it at him, because even though he was at a much higer level than Kuwabara, he would still easily be minced by this spirit sword at that point). Also, considring that Kuwabara makes it into what is considered a good High School, by raising his grades tremendously through hard studying, I would hardly be calling him a moron. He has also come up with some very useful strategies before. And you are forgetting the most important thing about him, which is his spiritual awareness. He doesn't need to hear the bells, because his spiritual awareness would easily allow him to follow Kenpachi's movements, since the guy emitts the stuff like crazy, beyond hsi control wink .

I already said that its true that Aizen has only shown a fraction of this true power. However, all I was saying was that the abilities that he has shown us so far, are not even above the level of a C class demon. In that aspect, he has to do something at least a hundred times more impressive, to be a match for someone like Yomi. Did you even see Yomi's fight with Yusuke? The things he did were way beyond the level of what Bleach characters can currently do. If you don't believe me, go watch episodes 110 and 111 of Yu Yu Hakusho, to see just what I'm saying, for yourself. I mean, the guy could easily obliterate a city in one shot, with his power.

chickenlover98
i havent watched yu yu in years. if i dled every series and watched em again my hd would be full. plus torrenting takes time. i fforgot most of the series. i rly wanna rewatch it. but yu yu is one of the shows i think has the wrong VA for the main char. ill try n watch some

ensatsu-ken
i havent watched yu yu in years. if i dled every series and watched em again my hd would be full. plus torrenting takes time. i fforgot most of the series. i rly wanna rewatch it. but yu yu is one of the shows i think has the wrong VA for the main char. ill try n watch some

I hope your talking about the Japanese dub, because YYH arguably has one of the best English voice casts ever! Justin Cook does a superb job voicing Yusuke, and Yusuke is a character with one of the best English dubs/lines in any anime that has ever been dubbed. His English voices, as well as many other voices from YYH, have so much substance to them, which many other English dubs seem to lack. In fact, the only dub that I find to be better than that of YYH's, are the Cowboy Bebop dubs.

Also, as for episodes, it may not be in the best picture quality, but considering that YYH is old, with outdated animation and sound anyways, I recommend watching the rest of the series of myspace TV. They have most of the episodes up, if I'm not mitaken, and in English too (which is a nice bonus big grin ).

Violent2Dope
Could you give me a general idea of what chapter that might have been in, because I must have missed that somewhere? If not, then that's fine, I'll just go ask someone on the Bleach forum that I go to? Unless its happened rather recently in the manga (because I'm about 2 or 3 chapters behind the current manga chapter). Right before their little fight with Yamamoto.

ensatsu-ken
Right before their little fight with Yamamoto.

Thanks for the info wink .

jmcnasty
Don't forget that Yusuke use Spirit energy. Meaning if Yusuke goes to Soul Society, which is made up of spirit particles, Yusuke strength would be boosted and his spirit gun will be the most powerful weapon in Soul Society. Its already more powerful without the boost.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by jmcnasty
Don't forget that Yusuke use Spirit energy. Meaning if Yusuke goes to Soul Society, which is made up of spirit particles, Yusuke strength would be boosted and his spirit gun will be the most powerful weapon in Soul Society. Its already more powerful without the boost.

That is very true. I completely agree with you on that.

Violent2Dope
Yusuke could one shot the whole SS. Pyron beats his ass tho. cool

ensatsu-ken
Yusuke could one shot the whole SS. Pyron beats his ass tho. cool

What manga or anime series is Pyron from? And can this series be found online?

chickenlover98
yusuke could not 1 shot the SS. a couple of chars stand a big chance including aizen, general yamato and hitsugaya. plus yorouichi and urahara. dont count bleach out.

Violent2Dope
yusuke could not 1 shot the SS. a couple of chars stand a big chance including aizen, general yamato and hitsugaya. plus yorouichi and urahara. dont count bleach out. Yusuke can blow up a continent if he wanted to I think. And Pyron is from Darkstalkers. Nihilus solos the whole YYH world btw.

leonheartmm
again. bleach=yu yu hakusho + flame of recca{main concepts like soul society/reitsu, innner hollow/demon etc from yu, and the extensive zanpakuto etc from the madogu in recca. plus the character heirarchy is also resembling}

ensatsu-ken
Yusuke can blow up a continent if he wanted to I think.

It was actaully mentioned by Genkai that he could destroy the entire planet, if he wanted to, and she, nor any other being, would be able to do a single thing to stop it. Of course, she was mentioning what he had the potential to do that that point, but he does train for a couple of years before the final episode, and he was already extremely powerful before that, so I wouldn't doubt that he could, at the very least, blow up a continent wink .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.