McDonald Employee Arrested For Salty Hamburger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
WHAT THE F**K?!?!?!

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/salty-mcdonalds-burger-leads-to-arrest/20070910092309990001#cmntbgn

UNION CITY, Ga. (Sept. 9) - A McDonald's employee spent a night in jail and is facing criminal charges because a police officer's burger was too salty, so salty that he says it made him sick.

Kendra Bull was arrested Friday, charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and freed on $1,000 bail.

Bull, 20, said she accidentally spilled salt on hamburger meat and told her supervisor and a co-worker, who "tried to thump the salt off."

On her break, she ate a burger made with the salty meat. "It didn't make me sick," Bull told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

But then Police Officer Wendell Adams got a burger made with the oversalted meat, and he returned a short time later and told the manager it made him sick.

Bull admitted spilling salt on the meat, and Adams took her outside and questioned her, she said.

"If it was too salty, why did (Adams) not take one bite and throw it away?" said Bull, who has worked at the restaurant for five months. She said she didn't know a police officer got one of the salty burgers because she couldn't see the drive-through window from her work area.

Police said samples of the burger were sent to the state crime lab for tests.

City public information officer George Louth said Bull was charged because she served the burger "without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it."

God in Heaven...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
WHAT THE F**K?!?!?!

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/salty-mcdonalds-burger-leads-to-arrest/20070910092309990001#cmntbgn

UNION CITY, Ga. (Sept. 9) - A McDonald's employee spent a night in jail and is facing criminal charges because a police officer's burger was too salty, so salty that he says it made him sick.

Kendra Bull was arrested Friday, charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and freed on $1,000 bail.

Bull, 20, said she accidentally spilled salt on hamburger meat and told her supervisor and a co-worker, who "tried to thump the salt off."

On her break, she ate a burger made with the salty meat. "It didn't make me sick," Bull told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

But then Police Officer Wendell Adams got a burger made with the oversalted meat, and he returned a short time later and told the manager it made him sick.

Bull admitted spilling salt on the meat, and Adams took her outside and questioned her, she said.

"If it was too salty, why did (Adams) not take one bite and throw it away?" said Bull, who has worked at the restaurant for five months. She said she didn't know a police officer got one of the salty burgers because she couldn't see the drive-through window from her work area.

City public information officer George Louth said Bull was charged because she served the burger "without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it."

God in Heaven...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

i think god is sitting there, wondering where it all went wrong...

Draco69
Can anyone imagine a Law & Order episode about this? :

Briggs: What do we have?

CSI: Preliminary reports conclude 830 mgs of sodium was added to Specimen BA aka. Mcdonald hamburger. That's 10 mg over the limit.

Briggs: The bastard. Call the DA for an arrest warrant. We got the crook right in our sights.

CSI: Our tests will be sent to the DA for authorization. I swear, cases like these make me want to give it all up and lead a normal life.

Czarina_Czarina
WHAT THE F**K?!?!?!

God in Heaven...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

yeah, but why put all that salt...that's wrong...maybe an arrest is too harsh, but i wonder...why would she put salt on a burger anyway, they shouldn't be salting it, right? unless she knew this customer and didn't like him and knew he had health problems with salt...and placed salt on his burger.

why would she place salt on a burger, most of the times, they have salt that's pre-packaged.

pr1983
Can anyone imagine a Law & Order episode about this? :

Briggs: What do we have?

CSI: Preliminary reports conclude 830 mgs of sodium was added to Specimen BA aka. Mcdonald hamburger. That's 10 mg over the limit.

Briggs: The bastard. Call the DA for an arrest warrant. We got the crook right in our sights.

CSI: Our tests will be sent to the DA for authorization. I swear, cases like these make me want to give it all up and lead a normal life.

laughing out loud

Draco69
Some Mcdonald's are old-fashioned (particularly in the South) we they actually cook the burger on a grill and add salt and pepper to it.

Apparently too much salt was added. Thus a criminal investigation was necessary.

The poor woman had to pay a $1000 bond for release from jail and the town wasted valuable public revenue for a f**king crime lab report...

If you have high blood pressure, you shouldn't be eating at Mcdonald's anyway!!

Violent2Dope
WHAT THE F**K?!?!?!

God in Heaven...

roll eyes (sarcastic) over

Röland
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
yeah, but why put all that salt...that's wrong...maybe an arrest is too harsh, but i wonder...why would she put salt on a burger anyway, they shouldn't be salting it, right? unless she knew this customer and didn't like him and knew he had health problems with salt...and placed salt on his burger.

Exactly right, it was all a conspiracy by McDonald's to oversalt the burgers and strike fear into the heart of law enforcement officials everwhere.

In fact this topic should be in the conspiracy forum because it looks like the federal government is behind it as well.

Czarina_Czarina
Some Mcdonald's are old-fashioned (particularly in the South) we they actually cook the burger on a grill and add salt and pepper to it.

Apparently too much salt was added. Thus a criminal investigation was necessary.

The poor woman had to pay a $1000 bond for release from jail and the town wasted valuable public revenue for a f**king crime lab report...

If you have high blood pressure, you shouldn't be eating at Mcdonald's anyway!!

I didn't know about the current old-fashioned prep for McDonalds' burgers.

ADarksideJedi
Heard about this on tv.I think it was CNN.Now adays people sue others for everything under the sun so this came to no surprise.Also I hate Mccdonads so it is no big loss to me.jm

Kelly_Bean
I swear when I saw the title of this thread my mind was in the gutter. laughing out loud

Robtard
If the offender is of a different skin color than the salt-victim, it should be handled as a "hate crime".

Röland
Originally posted by Robtard
If the offender is of a different skin color than the salt-victim, it should be handled as a "hate crime".

But the salt is white, so it would conflict with the case.

rox
what the hell

Mišt
Bull, 20, said she accidentally spilled salt on hamburger meat and told her supervisor and a co-worker

...if she told the supervisor, why is she charged with disregarding customers health? Supervisor's fault for allowing it to be served.

why would she place salt on a burger, most of the times, they have salt that's pre-packaged.

Bull, 20, said she accidentally spilled salt on hamburger meat and told her supervisor and a co-worker

she didn't know a police officer got one of the salty burgers because she couldn't see the drive-through window from her work area.

Serious question: Are you an idiot?

botankus
When I saw this subject title, the word that came to my mind was "whacking."

Fishy
Completely deserved, she could have killed him.

Devil King
I didn't know about the current old-fashioned prep for McDonalds' burgers.

It doesn't matter if you knew about the prep methods or not. Your statement was asinine.

As for the matter at hand, a big deal was made of it simply because the guy involved was a cop. Considering the ego of most cops, I'm suprised he didn't get to dunk her head in the fry cooker, too.

The bigger issue is not the cop or the chick who spilled the salt, but the manager who decided to go ahead and use the salted meat. (isn't it bad luck to spill salt?)

Do we know if there were other customers that complained?

Fishy
Originally posted by Devil King
It doesn't matter if you knew about the prep methods or not. Your statement was asinine.

As for the matter at hand, a big deal was made of it simply because the guy involved was a cop. Considering the ego of most cops, I'm suprised he didn't get to dunk her head in the fry cooker, too.

The bigger issue is not the cop or the chick who spilled the salt, but the manager who decided to go ahead and use the salted meat. (isn't it bad luck to spill salt?)

Do we know if there were other customers that complained?

I'm still wondering why she gets the punishment however, if she would have refused to give those burgers she would likely have been fired, and now she's punished. The manager is the one that should go to jail.

Devil King
Originally posted by Fishy
The manager is the one that should go to jail.

That was my point. It wasn't this chicks fault, it was the manager's. And no one needed to go to jail over this. It's absurd.

inimalist
wait...

the chick is in jail because the food from mcdonalds wasn't healthy and made the cop feel sick?

but ya, since the manager knew, he is at fault, McDonalds corporate policy and general liability precidence I'm sure.

Sol Valentine
I sware, people these days always wanna make a quick buck.

What the **** is wrong with dumbasses these days?

Devil King
Who made money?

Fishy
Who made money?

The public prosecutor , defense lawyer and the judge.

Kenshinswife
Someone threw a large coke on me once while i was on the register because i didnt give him a discount.

Fishy
Originally posted by Kenshinswife
Someone threw a large coke on me once while i was on the register because i didnt give him a discount.

So he complained that the coke was to expensive, then bought it anyway and threw it at you? What an idiot...

debbiejo
The only thing that is good from McDonalds is their french fries...

Devil King
Originally posted by Fishy
The public prosecutor , defense lawyer and the judge.

i doubt that.

lord xyz
Although it's brutal, it falls under the requirements so a trial and arrest shouldn't be second-thoughted.

WrathfulDwarf
What a complete idiot. If I was feeling sick...I would go straight to a DOCTOR before going to the manager. How do we know if it wasn't the friggin dozen donuts he prolly ate in the morning...or something else.

In that case...this officer should be removed from the police force for failing to use common sense in eating something that was hazardous to his "well-being".

If this cop ever gets promoted to detective...then the entire Police force of Union City must be the stupidest force in the world.

tabby999
(isn't it bad luck to spill salt?)

i think if your following the myth your ment to throw some salt over youf left shoulder to counter the bad luck. Ask Czarina_Czarina, she'll not only know, but tell you if the salts feeling positive or negative.

Captain REX
Well, that's stupid. Also an abuse of power. You don't take someone to jail simply because you're too unhealthy to be eating at McDonald's.

Ushgarak
There is not any reason for arrest in the circumstances presented. That's not me disagreeing with the cops and the judge, that's me being literal- no grounds, it would be refused.

She's in jail because the cop contends it was done on purpose- i.e. intentionally salt-spiking the cop's burger. Her defence is that it was accidental. This is yet to be ascertained. As it is, it was felt they had enough evidence to hold her.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Ushgarak
There is not any reason for arrest in the circumstances presented. That's not me disagreeing with the cops and the judge, that's me being literal- no grounds, it would be refused.

She's in jail because the cop contends it was done on purpose- i.e. intentionally salt-spiking the cop's burger. Her defence is that it was accidental. This is yet to be ascertained. As it is, it was felt they had enough evidence to hold her. I highly doubt they had any evidence to say "Yes, she wanted the cop to suffer."

BackFire
Further proof that even cops aren't above acting on pure idiocy.

Way to further validate the hate so many people have for cops, officer dipshit.

The Grey Fox
Yeah, I agree

tabby999
Originally posted by BackFire
Further proof that even cops aren't above acting on pure idiocy.

Way to further validate the hate so many people have for cops, officer dipshit.

It does sound very Supertroopers dosn't it

Strangelove
WHAT THE F**K?!?!?!

God in Heaven...

roll eyes (sarcastic) File this police officer under "idiot"

Ushgarak
Originally posted by lord xyz
I highly doubt they had any evidence to say "Yes, she wanted the cop to suffer."

They have the burger that was over-salted and they have the cop's interview with her.

This isn't a conviction we are talking about, it is an arrest and charges brought. They felt they had enough evidence to do that and the judge agreed (albeit he agreed on the grounds that it might not have been deliberate but was still an arrrestable offence to contaminate the meat so), and sure as heck we only seem to be hearing the defendant's point of view.

It may be that the arrest was a silly move- and it may well be that the security records prove her account- but the girl's statements given at the start of this thread are being taken as fact when we have no reason to think that.

Sadako of Girth
Good job they didn't analyse the secret sauce. shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.