Star Wars Legacy #16

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexy
Pretty good comic, Cade shows some of his kickass abilities..

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Pretty good comic, Cade shows some of his kickass abilities..

Yes he did. I can't wait until Krayt and Cade fight.

Morridini
So, Obis Legacy is that he is the reason why Hett turned into Krayt...

Darth Sexy
So first Anakin and then Hett. Wow, Obiwan isn't exactly a wonderful influence on anybody. He did however wtfpwn Hett's arm off with a force push, or whatever it was.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
So first Anakin and then Hett. Wow, Obiwan isn't exactly a wonderful influence on anybody. He did however wtfpwn Hett's arm off with a force push, or whatever it was.

That was a nice move Kenobi did.

Morridini
Seriously, are they trying to blame all the Sith mass murders on Obi-Wans? Not the nicest Legacy he could have left.

Captain REX
Kenobi is not to blame for the creation of Krayt. Krayt is his own creation, already too steeped in anger to see the reasoning that Kenobi used against his bloodthirsty war.

Kenobi is just the reason that Hett went galactic, as opposed to keeping his war on Tatooine.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Captain REX
Kenobi is not to blame for the creation of Krayt. Krayt is his own creation, already too steeped in anger to see the reasoning that Kenobi used against his bloodthirsty war.

Kenobi is just the reason that Hett went galactic, as opposed to keeping his war on Tatooine.

Thats true

Captain REX
So, a bit more was revealed on Cade's "healing" power...

Cade says that he can "see" injuries through the Force, as little red lines and fractures in a person. He explains that he can either mend those...or exploit them and tear the person apart, as he tried doing to Darth Talon.

Scary?

What shall we name this Force power? stick out tongue

Darth Scythe
Didn't Obi-Wan learn after Anakin to *mortal kombat voice* FINISH HIM!

With Hett though, Kenobi probably has the best listed of worthy opponents beaten in his career. He rocked Durge on Muunilist, killed Maul, beat Assajj on Ord Cestus, outclassed Grevious with lightsabers, took a few inches off Anakin, beat A'sharad. He killed Xanatos' son because he thought he was too dangerous, yet left Anakin, a freaking SITH and Hett alive?

Still, Dooku always had his number....

Morridini

But Hett was no where on the road to become a Sith before Obi came and ruined his life.
He would have stayed with his people and protected them, sure a bit angry at the Universe for what had happened. But he was just staying there paying his own mind as his father had done when he was young.

Then out of nowhere Obi come, rip off Hetts arm for no reason, so that he gets abandoned by his people. Hett might have been walking somewhat close to the Dark Side, but Obi was definitely the one that pushed him over the line.

Captain REX
No reason? Kenobi was defending Luke's life, and the life of several other innocent moisture farmers. The only way stop the Sand People from following Hett as their warlord would be forcing them to exile him or killing him. Kenobi sincerely hoped that Hett would see the error of his ways, once he was no longer in a position of power.

Hett had already crossed to the Dark Side by that point, I feel, killing innocents like some sort of tyrant, rather than following the ways of the Jedi and negotiating a peaceful process between the Sand People and the farmers.

I do admit that this was not taking him on the path to Sithship yet, though. Kenobi's exiling him from Tatooine would have started the process, though I'm not sure Hett thought "I hate Kenobi, I should be a Sith!" quite yet.

Morridini
I don't really see what he was doing as anything really bad. He was reclaiming ground that the Tusken had lost since he left. Same as Indians (native Americans) attacking Europeans after they had taken lots of Indian land.

Obi could at lea ts have tried to talk Hett into leaving some areas as "neutral ground" or "untouchable". But instead Obi one was the one who started the fight and brutally ripped off Hetts arm. There was nothing in the comic that made me think Hett wouldn't be willing to listen to Obi-Wan for any form for compromise. Hett told Obi that the farmers wouldn't stop killing Tusken, basically that he was doing a (I think this is the right English term) "preemptive strike", but then Obi decided to ignite his saber and fight instead of talking.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3461/blz13nl9.jpg

Captain REX
In any case, Hett wasn't showing up at the Lars family farm with an army of Sand People just to say hello. Kenobi knew that. Hett was there for revenge.

I do realize the comparison to Native Americans fighting against Americans taking their soil, but this is a bit different. I don't think a Jedi would support the Native Americans in killing settlers.

Faunus
Kenobi force-pushed the man's arm off? Can someone link that pwnage?

Darth Sexy
Faunus if you want I can send you the comic over aim/email.

Lightsnake
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/10/blz17dy5.jpg
Here we are

Darth Scythe
Can that still be called a force push if you're ripping limbs with it? Maybe it should be called a force tear, or force sever.... or something gangsta enough for its effectiveness.

Lightsnake
It's 'Obi-wan being badass'
Don't complicate it.

Captain REX
I'm not sure if he's actually tearing it off, seeing as there's no blood and Hett's stub is smouldering after having the arm removed.

Still, not sure about it.

Morridini
In any case, Hett wasn't showing up at the Lars family farm with an army of Sand People just to say hello. Kenobi knew that. Hett was there for revenge.

I do realize the comparison to Native Americans fighting against Americans taking their soil, but this is a bit different. I don't think a Jedi would support the Native Americans in killing settlers.

I'm not saying what he was doing was perfectly right.
But I wouldn't call it Dark Side stuff, it is in his nature, his very being, to be a warrior. And when his people and land is threatened, he acts.

What I am trying to get at is that Obi turned to fighting very very fast, he didn't even try to reason with Hett. Maybe telling him that this specific spot would be off limits, or maybe even tell him the full truth.

Faunus
The truth? That the son of Anakin Skywalker - who, by the way, happens to be the guy that wiped out the Jedi - is within his reach? Yeah, that would've been the smart thing to do.

Lightsnake
I'm not sure if he's actually tearing it off, seeing as there's no blood and Hett's stub is smouldering after having the arm removed.

Still, not sure about it.

Obi-wan obviously cauterized it with his penetrating, badass stare

tulakhordpwns
Obi-wan cuts Hett's arm off with his lightsaber.
http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=27471682&brd=10003&start=27475106

Darth Hord
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
Obi-wan cuts Hett's arm off with his lightsaber.

It seems to me like he did force blast the arm off.

^as seen in the comic as lightsnake has posted for us,there is blue aurora coming from obiwan's hand as the arm is seen separated from the body. Then in the pick right below it you see the same blue aurora on his hand when he uses the force to toss hett's lightsaber away from him. It seems to me that he did not cut off the arm with a lightsaber since he appears that he is using the force(note the blue aurora again visible only when he uses the force)

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Morridini
What I am trying to get at is that Obi turned to fighting very very fast, he didn't even try to reason with Hett. Maybe telling him that this specific spot would be off limits, or maybe even tell him the full truth.

he did try to reason, but when someone basically says "I don't give a damn, they spilled Tusken blood I'm gonna spill Human blood!" There's nothing else you can really do. Hett was simply asking for the ass whooping he received.

If Kenobi has any failing it's that he does the right thing ALWAYS and TOO WELL. If I where Kenobi I woulda just sliced his damn head off and be done with it.

Morridini
He didn't try to reason at all.
Hett voiced his opinion, and instead of trying to show Hett the other side of the case or compromise, Obi went straight for the fight.
It's all obvious if you look at the scan I provided at the previous page.

tulakhordpwns
Originally posted by Darth Hord
It seems to me like he did force blast the arm off.

^as seen in the comic as lightsnake has posted for us,there is blue aurora coming from obiwan's hand as the arm is seen separated from the body. Then in the pick right below it you see the same blue aurora on his hand when he uses the force to toss hett's lightsaber away from him. It seems to me that he did not cut off the arm with a lightsaber since he appears that he is using the force(note the blue aurora again visible only when he uses the force)
Go here:

9th post down the artist himself says Hett's arm was cut off.

Darth Sexy
I have the comic. It looks like a force wave..

Captain REX
Jan Duursema, who probably drew the panel himself, clarified that it was removed via lightsaber. Kenobi just decides to be more badass and fling the arm away, in addition to his lightsabers.

I think it's implied that Hett is not thinking like a Jedi when it comes to killing settlers. The Sand People vs. settlers relationship has been there at least since the time of KOTOR, and Revan fights for the settlers until he can reach an impass.

Kenobi was obviously not going to reach an impass, though. Hett was there for blood and revenge, which is completely not the Jedi way.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
Go here:

9th post down the artist himself says Hett's arm was cut off.

True, I didn't notice the whole job title by his name(i actually also didnt look at the name of who posted there originally) So he did cut it off but then dam, obiwan is getting more badass with the force,why can't we see more of this side of him?

Darth Scythe
Jan Duursema, who probably drew the panel himself, clarified that it was removed via lightsaber. Kenobi just decides to be more badass and fling the arm away, in addition to his lightsabers.

I think it's implied that Hett is not thinking like a Jedi when it comes to killing settlers. The Sand People vs. settlers relationship has been there at least since the time of KOTOR, and Revan fights for the settlers until he can reach an impass.

Kenobi was obviously not going to reach an impass, though. Hett was there for blood and revenge, which is completely not the Jedi way.

Looking at the pic I can't help but think it looks differently. At no point does it show the saber make contact with the body. I'm glad I saw that post though. It's one of those things I had to see to believe.

Does anyone have the pic of the page before it?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
Looking at the pic I can't help but think it looks differently. At no point does it show the saber make contact with the body. I'm glad I saw that post though. It's one of those things I had to see to believe.

Yea no offense to the artist( his artwork is quite good) but he doesn't to a good job of portraying how Hett lost the arm and like i said above one pic he has the arm the next pic he don't and kenobi is force pushing the arm away from him (force is represented by the blue aurora) and im glad he clarified it.

Morridini
Meh, he force ripped it off.

I never care about what they say behind the scenes, I decide what happens by the way it is described/shown, obviously the artist failed if he meant that it was cut off. But since it obviously shows he force pushed/ripped it off, that's what it is.

Captain REX
Thankfully you're not in the debate forum or you'd have several people jump down your throat. stick out tongue

Personally, as badass as it is, ripping off people's limbs is a bit extreme, not just for a Jedi, but for the way that Kenobi uses the Force. He tends to rely on more subtle powers, like the Mind Trick!

Morridini
Not saying it isn't way over the top.

Just saying that I let the comics speak for themselves.

The Comic clearly shows that Obi rips the arm of, I couldn't care what some weird artist who are over in the US says. If he wanted Obi to cut off the hand, then he should have drawn it into the comic.

Just seems too stupid if artists/writers can come and say something opposite of what they wrote/drew and make that "what actually happened".

Captain REX
Actually, I agree...

Morridini
So, as for continuity.

Will what the comic actually depicted count? Or what the artist said on some place on the internet?

Can future comics/books rip off limbs with force push?

(Slow reply, kinda forgot about this thread until a friend mentioned Legacy 16).

Manslayer
If obi wan actually hacked his arm it would be a clean cut but this case is different, the severed arm isnt a clean cut and instead looked like it got ripped off

Darth Scythe
It looked like when Darth Bane used the force so smash that kids hand.

Captain REX
Likely they will go with what the comic artist said, much in the way that people go with what George says on his interpretation of things rather than self-interpretation.

Captain REX
Anyways, as bad ass as this comic was, probably should have had this discussion in the Legacy thread...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.