Omfg......all Hail Zeppelins Return

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
It would seem that the current generation may be blessed with the incredible privelage of seeing the greatest rock, band play together once again.

Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones are reuniting for benefit concert in honor of the death of Atlantic record founder Ahmet Ertegun, the same man that signed Zeppelin and put Atlantic records on the map. The band plans to perform in November alongside of several artists. Page and Plant have both stated that depending how the cencert unfolds, they are alos considering a tour.

Yes, we have seen a semi reunion in 1996 with the Page and Plant tour, but never had a reunion tour dedicated soley to playing the music that the band created through the late 60's and early 70's. It is true, that after 19 years the band memebers have aged poorly, they are no longer pretty, but even today their music is as creative, imginative and bad ass as ever. Will PLant still be able to hit those glorious high notes of rockness? No probably not, but he has had a successful solo career, so he has kept himself familiarized in the music world. Jimmy page only needs air in his lungs to deliver his brilliance on guitar. John paul, im sure has not lost his rythm on base. Which brings us to the abscence of the greatest rock drummer of all time...john bonham. Will the band be the same without his rythmic direction, can they find a suitable replacement? MAny of you will say no, but i believe it will be quite easy for them to find a replacement good enough to lend them the percussions needed. There are few bands as reveared and studied by muscians as led zeppelin. If you have ever held a guitar or a drumstick, you have aspired to learn a zeppelin song. There are rumors that jason bonham, john bonhams son will be sitting in for john's absence. This would be epic if it is the case.

Already, 20 million fans have clammored to an online ballot in hopes of recieving the honor of seeing the bands off concert. So, what are you thoughts? You obvisouly know mine, i think this is the greatest news ive heard in years. I'm still wiping the crap off my bum from when i dropped a brick after hearing this news. Do you think it will work, do you think they can capture the magic they had in the 70's, or will it be just good enough to be enjoyable?
I dont think they will be anywhere as solid, crisp or incredible as they once were, but it is led zeppelin

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=27007

Alpha Centauri
I love the way it's definitely still Led Zeppelin without John Bonham, but Billy Corgan comes back with Jimmy Chamberlain and somehow it's not The Smashing Pumpkins without Iha and Wretsky.

Odd.

-AC

Pezmerga
I doubt I'll shell out the dough to see this, but it is still pretty awesome.
Now if I was guaranteed a great show, then I'd pay, but you know it's gonna be pricey. Especially if you have to ebay. ( I just paid $375 for two rush tickets Center Floor 16 rows from the stage! So i can only imagine what Zep tickets would cost!)

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Pezmerga
I doubt I'll shell out the dough to see this, but it is still pretty awesome.
Now if I was guaranteed a great show, then I'd pay, but you know it's gonna be pricey. Especially if you have to ebay. ( I just paid $375 for two rush tickets Center Floor 16 rows from the stage! So i can only imagine what Zep tickets would cost!)

actually, the tickets for the Zeppelin concert are going for 125 pounds, which equals out to something like $220. I am sure if a tour was set though, yeah, the prices would be alot higher. I can understand big bands like rollingstones, rush and zeppelin having high prices. They are an establishment and no longer a band. It is like paying $350 for sports tickets. However, if you like the band your gaurenteed atleast half your money's worth. I've never seen a sport worth $350-$500 tickets.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I love the way it's definitely still Led Zeppelin without John Bonham, but Billy Corgan comes back with Jimmy Chamberlain and somehow it's not The Smashing Pumpkins without Iha and Wretsky.

Odd.

-AC

Why would a band change their name because one of their band members died? Pumpkins are making new music with new members, so, that really doesnt surprise me even though they are still the pumpkins to me.

Alpha Centauri
Well for one, Billy Corgan writes all the music, and Chamberlain was the only ever necessary additional requirement.

The same cannot be said for Zeppelin, and Bonham is a bit more important.

I'm not suggesting they change their name, it's a one of deal, I just don't get why people are so accepting of Led Zep line-up change.

Plant actually did say "It'd be in bad taste to continue without Bonham.", though this is only one show.

EDIT: Or not.

"According to sources in World Entertainment News Network, talks between Page, Plant and Jones suggest that if the reunion concert is a success, a tour can come into question.".

-AC

Victor Von Doom
So i can only imagine what Zep tickets would cost!)

Or, find out.

Pezmerga
yeah but whats the markup on ebay gonna be? lol

Nellinator
Well for one, Billy Corgan writes all the music, and Chamberlain was the only ever necessary additional requirement.

The same cannot be said for Zeppelin, and Bonham is a bit more important.

I'm not suggesting they change their name, it's a one of deal, I just don't get why people are so accepting of Led Zep line-up change.

Plant actually did say "It'd be in bad taste to continue without Bonham.", though this is only one show.

EDIT: Or not.

"According to sources in World Entertainment News Network, talks between Page, Plant and Jones suggest that if the reunion concert is a success, a tour can come into question.".

-AC Though using Bonham's son, who is a very good drummer, does make the transition a little more acceptable in most people's eyes.

Victor Von Doom
yeah but whats the markup on ebay gonna be? lol

Monumental.

ESB -1138
ZEPPELIN! Finally!!!!!

tabby999

Odd.

-AC

People tend to be more forgiving of the older bands, i dont know why, maybe they think if Zep dont play now they'll end up seeing Page on tour with 3 session musicians instead of just 1?

Reverend Axel
I can't imagine how this concert will go with Bonham's son as the drummer. I hear he's good, but John Bonham was perfect. Its just hard to see an actual Led Zeppelin "Reunion", it would just feel like it was missing something.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Reverend Axel
I can't imagine how this concert will go with Bonham's son as the drummer. I hear he's good, but John Bonham was perfect. Its just hard to see an actual Led Zeppelin "Reunion", it would just feel like it was missing something. They've played a few concerts with him before and he did very well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.