Bought Your Books Yet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
So, for those in class, have you guys bought your books yet?

I personally will probably wait a few weeks and see if I really need them.

Storm
I' m completing my last year at university, and actually just returned home from buying my books.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Neo_Version 7
Whoa. Congrats, Storm! Were they expensive? I hate the fact that most books cost a fortune and I don't even end using them all that much during the semester.

Röland
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Whoa. Congrats, Storm! Were they expensive? I hate the fact that most books cost a fortune and I don't even end using them all that much during the semester.

My books were a nice amount, two of them over $100, but if I try to sell them back to the University I'll only get like 15% of the total cost back.

Bardock42
I don't need to buy the books generally.

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't need to buy the books generally.

Lucky you. cool

Storm

Neo_Version 7
You guys are soooo lucky. sad

I guess I'll take my chance with the on-line lectures. (:

silver_tears
I spent a bit over 500 dollars for the semester.
I actually do use my books seeing as how I rarely attend lectures and many teachers are really stuck up about posting their notes, so the majority of my knowledge comes from the textbooks.
By the end of the year they're mostly ruined. haermm

The Pict
Can't you guys buy them second hand from Amazon? My mate told me to go there to look for some of the stuff I need.

silver_tears
We can buy them second hand here, not much cheaper mind you, maybe 10 bucks or so less, from the other bookstore owned by the student association on campus.
You pretty much need them from the get go here, you don't have a period to peruse books and wait for them to be shipped etc, so most kids buy them right off from either of the stores on campus.

I mean I already have an assignment out of one of them next Monday so. erm

Mr. Bacon
everytime i see this thread i always think it says boobs ninja

Röland
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
everytime i see this thread i always think it says boobs ninja

It would be better if it did. 31

Mr. Bacon

Wild-Cherry
Yes...

* counts left over money * weep

Röland
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
yeh 131

WC should help out with that? 31

Scythe
My books were purchased the minute I found out which classes I recieved. I don't like being a last minute goat.

Punkyhermy
i need to buy 2 more books still.

Neo_Version 7
Yeah. I'll probably buy a book or two come next week.

Luckily, two of my classes this year have course packets instead of a textbook. big grin

Punkyhermy
what classes are you taking and where do you go?

Neo_Version 7
Race and Ethnic Relations
Sociology Through Film
Intro to Culture
Intro to Canadian Politics
Juvenille Deliquency

Concordia University =D

x-truecolors-x
Only need to buy books after High school happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.