Comic Book Ideas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mirai Gohan
Just thought I'd make a thread on this.

As some of you know from the "God of War II" thread, I am creating my own Greek Mythology stories. The first I came up with is going to be about Zeus losing most of his powers & going on a short adventure to gain his powers back. The main antagonist is Hades & also, Ares, Cronos, & Atlas will be main characters who will all hep Zeus on his journey. The other Greek Mythology story I have is about Athena having her powers taken away from her by Zeus & seemingly killed. She has to assemble Greek figures to help her defeat Zeus once & for all who has gone completely corrupt. She will also have help from a warrior Zeus fought earlier on who was killed & is the son of a God (not Zeus & it's not Kratos, either). So, the story focuses on Athena overthrowing her father, Zeus. She will have help from Typhon, Cronos, Atlas, Colossus of Rhodes (she brings the statue to life), Hades, the unnamed warrior who is the son of a God, Hercules, & possibly Poseidon. The other three Greek Mythology stories I want on would be about Perseus, Hercules, & Theseus. The one about Perseus would be an update on his mythos which means he'd gain powers & have better adventures. The one about Theseus also be an update on the mythos & I'll be giving him powers as well to make him a better warrior & instead of defeating a minotaur with a piece of string, he'll do something more heroic. Lastly, as far as Hercules goes, it'll be pretty true to where everyone perceives Hercules be at & not much will be changed. The Titans we see in this story for Hercules may even resemble humans instead of being monstrous prehistoric giants. I think it'd kind of be cool to make them look really monstrous but at the same time look human like the Olympians. I'm not entirely sure if I want to include Zeus a lot because Hercules wouldn't be the type to overthrow his father (at least from my knowledge). So, the story for Hercules will basically be about him trying to have the Gods forgive his sins & so that he can become a God & live on Mount Olympus. I hope that if these stories can make it to being a comic book they can also be turned into a video game someday.

Violent2Dope
Hades should look different than the GoWII incarnation. Tho cool, he looked less sinister and more like an insane fat butcher than a potent antagonist. He should not be fat, and should be less physically imposing than other characters like Zeus, Hercules, and Atlas(you may still want to give him some muscle tho, just not as much), tho he should have a dark look of him, and his lower physical power should be balanced with powerful Necromancy-like sorcery and cunning. He should also be very dark and cruel, I'd be pissed off to if I lived in the Underworld. Anyway, that's all I have now.

DigiMark007
Most of what people will do with a thread like this is say where they think your ideas fall short, or insert their own when they think they're better. There's also a lot more work that gets put into making a comic than just the idea of a story, which is probably about 1% of the work involved. Good luck and all, but ideas are a dime a dozen. I'm not trying to be a downer, just truthful.

Mirai Gohan
I know what goes into making comic books, I've been researching for years & any posts that are about someone else's ideas will be reported for deletion.

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Hades should look different than the GoWII incarnation. Tho cool, he looked less sinister and more like an insane fat butcher than a potent antagonist. He should not be fat, and should be less physically imposing than other characters like Zeus, Hercules, and Atlas(you may still want to give him some muscle tho, just not as much), tho he should have a dark look of him, and his lower physical power should be balanced with powerful Necromancy-like sorcery and cunning. He should also be very dark and cruel, I'd be pissed off to if I lived in the Underworld. Anyway, that's all I have now.

Yeah, I agree, although he looked badass, he wasn't very sinister. I always thought of Hades as maybe having a hideous face so he hides behind a mask & wears mostly all black armor or clothing. As for his physique, he'll probably be the bulky type but instead of it all being muscle it's a lot of fat. He won't have a fat pack, though.

As for Athena, I really want to make her sexy, badass, & powerful so that's my aim with her story.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
I know what goes into making comic books, I've been researching for years & any posts that are about someone else's ideas will be reported for deletion.

Right then. Way to take the high road. I did offer you good luck, btw.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mirai Gohan
Um, how can I put this.....I don't care.

Anyway, anyone have any suggestions for what a human Atlas & Cronos could look like?

DigiMark007
Well, I was never trying to insult you and was merely laying out the details of the process for you. I've actually looked into a lot of the business aspect of the writing process, and was prepared to help you or at least discuss our mutual findings if you were interested. But I'll rescind my offer, since you're basically just being a d*ck about it, and I'd rather not see anyone break into the industry who has such a lack of basic respect.

Mirai Gohan
I don't have a lack of respect, I do have a lack of tolerance for people who take things out of context. I simply stated that I know what you were talking about, if you can't understand that & move on, I'll just ignore you.

Takion
I don't have a lack of respect, I do have a lack of tolerance for people who take things out of context. I simply stated that I know what you were talking about, if you can't understand that & move on, I'll just ignore you.
What a looser.

Mirai Gohan
Moving on, this is what a human Cronos l;ooks like:

http://www.constelar.com.br/constelar/105_marco07/imagens105/cronos.jpg

I'd kind of like to take that & tweak it a little bit. I'd probably make the hair shorter & make him reall;y bulky.

What kind of ancient Greek Mythology creatures would you all like to see in my stories? There are so many good ones that I don't know all of the ones I want to use. The only two I know I'll use for sure are Centaurs & Minotaurs.

Symmetric Chaos
Typhon would be awesome from an artistic stand point.

Violent2Dope
Yeah, I agree, although he looked badass, he wasn't very sinister. I always thought of Hades as maybe having a hideous face so he hides behind a mask & wears mostly all black armor or clothing. As for his physique, he'll probably be the bulky type but instead of it all being muscle it's a lot of fat. He won't have a fat pack, though.

As for Athena, I really want to make her sexy, badass, & powerful so that's my aim with her story. The mask thing is a very good idea, as in actual mythology he wore a helmet type thing that made him invisible at will, and living in the underworld must have certainly twisted his face. When I think of Hades as far as clothes go, I picture him with a long black robe with some dark armor on the torso, but that's just me. I think he should have some muscle(otherwise in a fight with Zeus, Zeus would just clock him and break his jaw lol), but being in the Underworld, there's not much to do, so yeah, he will have some fat.

As for Athena, what else would you make her lol.

Mirai Gohan
Honestly, I'm going to make Hades have black armor & his face will just be twisted & disfigured from birth which is why he always wears the mask. I wanted to make him somewhat as strong as Zeus but he's not quite there which is why he makes the special blade that can steal away a God's powers or give someone the powers that are stored inside a blade.

I picture Athena as being a very beautiful young woman with a nice figure which means she'd have big breasts. big grin

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Typhon would be awesome from an artistic stand point.

I actually wanted to make Typhon an ice giant like in GOWII but if not I may go with something a little different but I don't want him to be a creature with a lot of legs.

Magee
So basically your taking one of the greatest myths of all time and putting your little adolescent twist on it, boring. Try creating an entire new concept instead of rehashing stories and legends that are thousands of years old.

Violent2Dope
Honestly, I'm going to make Hades have black armor & his face will just be twisted & disfigured from birth which is why he always wears the mask. I wanted to make him somewhat as strong as Zeus but he's not quite there which is why he makes the special blade that can steal away a God's powers or give someone the powers that are stored inside a blade.

I picture Athena as being a very beautiful young woman with a nice figure which means she'd have big breasts. big grin Don't forget the necromantic sorcery!dur

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Magee
So basically your taking one of the greatest myths of all time and putting your little adolescent twist on it, boring. Try creating an entire new concept instead of rehashing stories and legends that are thousands of years old.

Of course seeing as how no author in centuries has used a truly unique plot thats quite a tall order.

Magee
Not one single writer has written a unique story line in centuries? I think maybe you are confused?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Magee
Not one single writer has written a unique story line in centuries? I think maybe you are confused?

No matter what idea you have someone will have beaten you to it. There are many books but few stories.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No matter what idea you have someone will have beaten you to it. There are many books but few stories.

a pretty infamous movie mogul once made the statement that there are ony about six unique stories in the world. everything else is just derivation and context.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by tjcoady
a pretty infamous movie mogul once made the statement that there are ony about six unique stories in the world. everything else is just derivation and context.

I think the ironic thing is that he was paraphrasing many others before him who came to the same conclusions. Most ancient myths themselves can be boiled down to some pretty basic key elements, and scholars of religion and mythology noticed these centuries ago, even if they didn't put it in as quotable terms as the movie guy.

wink

Mirai Gohan
If you all don't like my ideas, don't post, especially Magee. Unless you have any ideas better than mine, shut up, because I know none of you don't.

Anyway, V2D, any ideas on what a human Atlas could look like?

grey fox
If you all don't like my ideas, don't post, especially Magee. Unless you have any ideas better than mine, shut up, because I know none of you don't.

Reported

Mirai Gohan
Thanks.

So, V2D, what ideas do you have for some of the characters?

Mirai Gohan
Greek Mythology stories aren't the only ones I'll be making into comic books. I have this idea that I love to death. It was originally about a boy named Drax who was sent from his planet to Earth in which he gained powers from our yellow sun & it was going to be about his adventures as a teen & then when he got older he would've become a reporter. I know what you're all thinking, this idea is just like Superman. However, since then, I have changed this idea & he no longer gets powers from the sun & instead of him growing up to become a reporter, the story will be about his dilemmas as a teen but he'll still be an alien. I wanted to keep that aspect but change things as much as possible so he wouldn't be just like Superman. This idea still needs a lot of modifications though.

Violent2Dope
About human Atlas: Obviously he should be more physically imposing or buff than others, as a human, since he has been stuck holding the sky for so long, he should have a full beard and long hair, his eyes should be bloodshot as he has not had sleep in awhile(some depictions of Gods have them sleep, some don't, your decision). He should also appear a little aged, not from being older, but from the intense physical stress his body has been going thru.

About your manga idea with Drax: As I said before it does sound interesting, one thing I think is that the fighting in it should be more like real world martial arts IMO.

Mirai Gohan
Yeah, I'm going to do that. When we see him during the Great War he'll have a beard & mustache & short hair but after Hercules meets him he'll have longer hair & a longer beard & will look much more ravaged from not being able to groom himself properly. He'll probably look a little aged as well but not too much since he's immortal. He'll always be musclebound with veins that make his arms look as if they are about to explode. If you've seen the Hercules animated series, you've probably seen Atlas numerous times throughout the series as he's always trying to get someone to hold up the Earth. He has hair & a beard & I want to make my Atlas look something like that until we see him thousands of years later holding up the Earth. I'm not sure how I want Cronos to look though as all I know is that he may be bald.

The idea with Drax isn't a manga, it's a regular comic book. And since I don't want to say my manga will include martial arts when it might not look it, the characters in my manga may be brawlers more than martial artists.

Violent2Dope
Yeah, I'm going to do that. When we see him during the Great War he'll have a beard & mustache & short hair but after Hercules meets him he'll have longer hair & a longer beard & will look much more ravaged from not being able to groom himself properly. He'll probably look a little aged as well but not too much since he's immortal. He'll always be musclebound with veins that make his arms look as if they are about to explode. If you've seen the Hercules animated series, you've probably seen Atlas numerous times throughout the series as he's always trying to get someone to hold up the Earth. He has hair & a beard & I want to make my Atlas look something like that until we see him thousands of years later holding up the Earth. I'm not sure how I want Cronos to look though as all I know is that he may be bald.

The idea with Drax isn't a manga, it's a regular comic book. And since I don't want to say my manga will include martial arts when it might not look it, the characters in my manga may be brawlers more than martial artists. 1. Yeah, that sounds pretty good. Cronos should be bald, he just wouldn't look right if he wasn't for some reason.

2. Maybe I'm getting two of your ideas confused?

Mirai Gohan
Lol, I'm still drawing a blank for Hades & for Ares I did kind of want to go for something similar to the GOWI game. I wanted to make him tall (about 8 ft) & really musclebound.

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
1. Yeah, that sounds pretty good. Cronos should be bald, he just wouldn't look right if he wasn't for some reason.

2. Maybe I'm getting two of your ideas confused?

He'll probably at least have a beard though. For some reason I want to keep everything a bit more realistic in the Hercules story which is why the Titans will look more humanized.

Yeah, you are. I've never even talked about Drax on this forum. It's not a new idea but I've just never discussed it here. And my manga is about a kid named Sadiki learning about who he is & he'll be going on many adventures. That's the only manga I've been working on. I had this other one where this 15 year old kid is trying to learn how to control his power & he was going to be of African American descent. He was going to be based on Broly. I'm still going to work on that idea & tweak & improve it in any way that I can.

Captain REX

So they do have ideas better htan yours? Because you used a double negative there...

Don't bash. Simply put.

Mirai Gohan
Pft.

Anyway, I'd love for these comic book ideas to one day become video games, I think they could potentially be great video games.

Mirai Gohan
V2D, in my story with Zeus, I really didn't think things out. I included the Titans & they didn't really need to be included in the story (except for Gaia who helps Zeus). I don't even think the idea with Zeus is going to work out because the idea sounds too bad now that I think about it. I'm just going to start over & work on something using Ares & then start on my other stories for Hercules, Theseus, Athena, & Perseus.

Violent2Dope
Ares should be muscular, that's all I know.

Mirai Gohan
He will be, that's basically going for any major Greek character. Basically all of the Gods & Titans should be muscular. It probably doesn't even matter what Ares will look like now because the story with Zeus has been stopped & I probably won't be working on a story for Ares for a while.

Soljer
Saying 'if you don't like my ideas, don't post' is a very immature way of approaching criticism.

If they're being rude, tell them to cool it. But people stating their opinion...(hell, even if they DO rudely state it) is simply free speech. They aren't doing a damned thing wrong, and in many cases, it may behoove you to take a little criticism and try to improve whatever bass-ackwards story you're coming up with.

SnazzySmurph
1. Double negative. Do you believe we all have better ideas than you?

2. Even ignoring that, are you honestly suggesting that none of us should post in your thread? I mean, this is assuming you meant to say "Unless you have any ideas better than mine, shut up, because I know none of you do."

Mirai Gohan
Yes, I don't want any of you to post in my thread because you criticized my work in a rude way & despite what you say, it's not a bad idea. Now, this is not even irrelevant so just drop it.

tjcoady
Yes, I don't want any of you to post in my thread because you criticized my work in a rude way & despite what you say, it's not a bad idea. Now, this is not even irrelevant so just drop it.

I'm amazed. I never thought I'd actually meet someone who could objectively decide what is "good" or "bad." I mean, one of the reasons for my athiesm is moral relativaty as shown in the work of William James, Sartre, Camus, so on and so forth. Man, you just made me rethink my whole life.

Soljer

This isn't your thread. You haven't paid for it. This is KillerMovies' thread. And, last I cheked, barring flaming, spam, and illegal materials, Killer Movies adhered to a policy of free speech.

Meaning everyone on this forum has the option and the right to post in 'your thread.'

SnazzySmurph
Yes, I don't want any of you to post in my thread because you criticized my work in a rude way & despite what you say, it's not a bad idea. Now, this is not even irrelevant so just drop it. 1. Point out where I called it a bad idea or criticized your work, and you may have a point.

2. It's not even irrelevant? So it's relevant? I agree. smile

3. Creating an open discussion thread and then rejecting everybody whose opinons don't match yours despite even when they take the vastly more popular stance? Claiming the right to boot people from an open thread? Hmm...

Mirai Gohan
You two aren't even contributing anything useful to this thread. Soljer is as obnoxious as they come so I'd appreciate if you two would just leave.

pr1983
You two aren't even contributing anything useful to this thread. Soljer is as obnoxious as they come so I'd appreciate if you two would just leave.

bashing. please stop...

Mirai Gohan
I'm not bashing anyone, I'm asking them nicely not to post in my thread.

Takion
I don't like your idea. I contributed. shifty

pr1983
I'm not bashing anyone, I'm asking them nicely not to post in my thread.

it's not "your thread" this is a public forum, you can't just name a thread 'Comic Book Ideas' and expect people not to post in it, regardless of how good or bad you think your idea is...

and name-calling is considered bashing, just so you know...

Soljer
Indeed.

But if I wasn't obnoxious, no one would love me. So it's all good.

Regardless, as has been pointed out; it's not your thread. It's a public forum and if you can't take a little criticism, then you're even more destined to fail.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer
But if I wasn't obnoxious, no one would love me. So it's all good. It would be like me, without my snazzy sex appeal.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
It would be like me, without my snazzy sex appeal.

And we don't need two Batdudes running about erm

Mirai Gohan
It's not about me not being able to take criticism, it's about you all spamming in my thread. Throw in your opinions & leave, nothing more, nothing less.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
And we don't need two Batdudes running about erm Puh-leeze. He's nothing more than a cheap Smurph knock-off.

pr1983
Guys, come on... if you have ideas for a comic, then post them, otherwise, take it outside... k?

Mirai Gohan
If they have ideas, they can post it in their own thread. Anything from now on is just trolling and/or spamming.

Symmetric Chaos
How do you intend to treat the Titan's relationship with the gods?

If they have ideas, they can post it in their own thread. Anything from now on is just trolling and/or spamming.

Even if they give something valuable? Come on man you're acting like a five year old erm

Mirai Gohan
How am I acting like a five year old? Because I don't want people spanmming in my thread? I don't care if they criticize my work, as long as they don't spam.

Anyway, to be honest, the Titans are going to help Athena but only because she actually had no involvement in the Great War & she is a good person. So, in a sense, the Titans are the good guys.

Captain REX
If you end up saying that people can only listen to your ideas in a thread that was meant to be open to everyone, then I will close it. You're on a public forum, not a private one.

Mirai Gohan
Dude, get off my back.

DigiMark007
Dude, get off my back.

Case in point.

You're acting like this is your private realm and can decide who posts what. Frankly, the reports and complaints are getting to the point where I'm close to closing this thread.

Good discussion will happen if you let it. So will frivolous posts. You have to deal with both, since this is a public forum.

Captain REX
I'm sorely tempted to close this thread after that comment. I most likely will if you carry on that attitude of yours. I've been seeing it everywhere; you're not the alpha male, you might want to tone it down or you'll get stepped on.

Mirai Gohan
Seriously, you follow me around this thread like I'm always in the wrong. Close the thread if you want, I don't care.

Captain REX
Fine.

DigiMark007
At some point you have to stop pointing fingers and realize when it's your own fault. Mods don't hold grudges (mostly we don't have time to)...so you're obviously bringing a lot of it on yourself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.