Borderlands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WO Polaski
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/814/814779p1.html

Half a million guns.

Wow. This game looks like it'll be pretty good.

Blax_Hydralisk
I'm sexually aroused.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I'm sexually aroused.

and morally

Blax_Hydralisk
No Spadeking. I only get that way around you.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
No Spadeking. I only get that way around you.
no gtfo

WO Polaski
Bump!

No one cares about this? I'm surprised.

Ms.Marvel
damn. its been two years.

anyway with the game coming out in a month i think its time to update the thread a bit. thanks to darkhalen for reminding me. laughing out loud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkmLE6n8bH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwU8mUc0K-k

so... what do you guys think? it looks like it can be a lot of fun. its been awhile since i saw a good 4 person fps co-op. looks very enjoyable. smile

NemeBro
I've been keeping up with this game for a while actually, since your fat cousin brought it to my attention.

I have high hopes for it, and being the sad, lonely, overcompensating young man I am, will play the Tank(Think that is his name).

Neo Darkhalen
I cannot wait for this game, I really can't.

NemeBro
Picked this up today.

Is really good so far. I am playing the Brick, the character who focuses on powerful melee damage, explosive weapons, and can enter a powerful Beserker mode where he pummels enemies with his fists. The movement is really fluid and easy, and the shooting is good. So far I have encountered various kinds of weapons, sniper rifles, SMGs, assault rifles, etc., the most interesting weapon in terms of what it does was a shotgun that fired a small wall of fireballs at your enemy.

It's really good, the only real complaint I have thus far is that the driving is kind of awkward.

FistOfThe North
This game looks fugly.

"Fallout" meets '03's "XIII".

Is there a playable demo.?

S_D_J
So what's this about?
got bored reading the 1st page of the IGN review, never actually get it erm

Burning thought
Its a shooter, you run around fireing at things but its got a more RPG elements than most other shooters. So shoot things--->level up---->get new weapons etc.

Its prob similiar to hellgate London in a way although according to IGN its great, fast paced and the A.I and enemy variety is good so ive ordered my copy.

S_D_J
is it multiplayer like say left 4 dead, or a single player game with MP modes?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought
Its a shooter, you run around fireing at things but its got a more RPG elements than most other shooters. So shoot things--->level up---->get new weapons etc.

Its prob similiar to hellgate London in a way although according to IGN its great, fast paced and the A.I and enemy variety is good so ive ordered my copy.

Did you order for PC?

Morridini
Originally posted by S_D_J
is it multiplayer like say left 4 dead, or a single player game with MP modes?

It's technicaly a singleplayer with co-op mode as well, but apparently the co-op mode is where the fun is, the singleplayer experience is dull.

NemeBro
I think the game looks great graphically.

Also, the game is certainly not dull in single player, although co-op is better.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Morridini
the singleplayer experience is dull.

This here is what's preventing me from buying or renting it.

Burning thought
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Did you order for PC?

Yeh, most of my games are for PC as thats my best system and mods usually come behind it. Why do you ask? theres no any faults for it is there? sad

ArtificialGlory
Yeh, most of my games are for PC as thats my best system and mods usually come behind it. Why do you ask? theres no any faults for it is there? sad

Nah, I was just interested on what platform you ordered it on. Cause I know you have a very good PC, so buying it on a console would have been quite a waste :P

Burning thought
Ah yes indeed. phew, I thought you were going to say something like the PC version is bugged or weaker than another version wink

ArtificialGlory
Ah yes indeed. phew, I thought you were going to say something like the PC version is bugged or weaker than another version wink

I don't think there is any specific info on the PC version at the moment, but there's also no reason to assume that it would be somehow inferior to the console versions.

Apparently 'PC Gamer' gave it a good rating, so probably no reason to worry about the PC version.

ArtificialGlory
I got this game just now. It's pretty damn fun so far, but I wish it had higher graphical settings and anti-aliasing support. It doesn't even warm my PC up!

NemeBro
PC Gaming is for losers.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by NemeBro
PC Gaming is for losers.

I don't know what kind of losers leave out anti-aliasing support in today's games giljotiini

The Nuul
Great game, just got it.....love it so far.

But......GAMESPY SUCKS ASS!!!!! so much damn connection issues, I am lucky to connect to 1 out of 15 servers I try and connect too. And at times I will still drop out because of a connection issue.

SaTsuJiN
so whats everyones verdict on this title so far?.. must buy? rental?.. wait for platinum hits? lol

The Nuul
Its a 100% buy. Screw MW 2 and their control Nazi server, this is a sleeper hit and game of the year.

GAMESPY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! though.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
so whats everyones verdict on this title so far?.. must buy? rental?.. wait for platinum hits? lol

Well, I'm enjoying the hell out of Borderlands. It's definitely buy-worthy, in my opinion.

NemeBro
Definately agreed.

Borderlands is making a strong case for being Game of the Year.

The Nuul
But....someone hacked my gamespy account. I changed my PW hopefully it will keep that person out (I seem to have it still). This game seems to be soooo bad on hacks. People have level 100 but max is 50, they have crazy powerful weapons at mid levels.

Umm....its Diablo 2 all over again. I think there is not even a anti cheat program for BL.

ArtificialGlory
I finished the game: the ending(at least I assumed it's the ending) was an epic disappointment

Burning thought
I am loving the game although I did have the same problem as AG. It did not bother me so much though as I still love the main gameplay.

On a side note, whats everyones favourite weapons that they have found so far? and their class you are playing ofc.

NemeBro
I play as Brick, the Berserker.

Um, favorite weapon so far is probably my Revolver and my Rocket Launcher, Revolver is bladed, has a good scope, decent rate of fire, and great damage, and the launcher has a leet scope, very high damage, and a surprising rate of fire.

Not progressed to the end of the game I admit, been busy with other stuffs, but I hear the final boss is basically an Eldritch Abomination.

ArtificialGlory
On a side note, has anyone categorized the quality level of items in Borderlands?

I've seen White, Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow and Orange.

I've acquired this lvl 19 Orange revolver(I think the only Orange weapon I encountered in the whole game) and it was still kicking ass by the end of the game.

@TGE, yea the last boss is basically it.

Burning thought
Yes Orange is the best, I use a level 42 orange sniper rifle with x4 elemental fire damage and like over 400 normal damage. Needless to say, one shot can decimate most foes. I use a few good orange, purple, blue and even a green weapon. its surprising how far the level of an item can surpass its rarity when power is concerned. For instance I have found a couple of orange weapons that are simply useless compared to some blue or even green items.

ArtificialGlory
Yes Orange is the best, I use a level 42 orange sniper rifle with x4 elemental fire damage and like over 400 normal damage. Needless to say, one shot can decimate most foes. I use a few good orange, purple, blue and even a green weapon. its surprising how far the level of an item can surpass its rarity when power is concerned. For instance I have found a couple of orange weapons that are simply useless compared to some blue or even green items.

Look closely, those items may have been yellow.

I think I figured it out:
White - Common
Green - Uncommon
Blue - Superior
Purple - Epic
Orange - Legendary

Wait, what?

Where does Yellow fit in, though?

NemeBro
White < Green < Blue < Purple < Light Orange < Orange < Dark Orange

That is the weapon ranking system.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Look closely, those items may have been yellow.

I think I figured it out:
White - Common
Green - Uncommon
Blue - Superior
Purple - Epic
Orange - Legendary

Wait, what?

Where does Yellow fit in, though? ...Are you trying to apply WoW's weapon system with Borderland's?

ArtificialGlory
White < Green < Blue < Purple < Light Orange < Orange < Dark Orange

That is the weapon ranking system.

Thanks.

It's very similar to the WoW ranking system indeed.

Burning thought
Yes Ive noticed some yellow looking objects. Hmmm, maybe there is a dark orange still to find then unless I have one and I cannot tell the difference. I must say tho, the game is great.

The only problem is that trying to play the story driven and less action orientated Dragon age after playing the fast fury and shooting action of Borderlands is difficult to get used to.

Any of you guys got those guns that refill as you fire them? infinite ammo ones? now their nice...

ArtificialGlory
Yes Ive noticed some yellow looking objects. Hmmm, maybe there is a dark orange still to find then unless I have one and I cannot tell the difference. I must say tho, the game is great.

The only problem is that trying to play the story driven and less action orientated Dragon age after playing the fast fury and shooting action of Borderlands is difficult to get used to.

Any of you guys got those guns that refill as you fire them? infinite ammo ones? now their nice...

Yea, that revolver I had refilled ammo :P

Burning thought
Ah cool, I use a shock revolver, only about 90 normal damage but about x2 elemental, infnite bullets are nice tho....

The Nuul
Farming New Haven and Old Haven is a good way to get cool weapons....better with others with higher level so you can get better drops but those 6 chest hold great stuff.

The Nuul
There is rumors about pearl weapons that are higher than dark orange.

ArtificialGlory
Ah cool, I use a shock revolver, only about 90 normal damage but about x2 elemental, infnite bullets are nice tho....

Mine does 58x7 normal damage(basically shoots 7 bullets at once). Even though it's Medium Orange, it still makes enemies 'feel it' as hard as ever.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by The Nuul
There is rumors about pearl weapons that are higher than dark orange.

I have a pearl white sniper and a pearl white revolver, I use them because of the color though. Don't know if they're really better.

NemeBro
Originally posted by The Nuul
There is rumors about pearl weapons that are higher than dark orange. They are not necessarily stronger, only rarer, and they are used as references to Gearbox employees. Or so I heard.

BT, you mean Eridian weapons, the ones that refill after firing, they are leftover weapons from the Eridian race that inhabited the planet.

Wei Phoenix
What class does everyone use? My favorites are the Siren and Soldier. I have one Soldier that focuses on healing and support, Sledge's Shotgun+Cauterize =win. My other one is a one man army. Siren is my absolute favorite though.

Burning thought
No they recharge but I was refering to the "unending firepower" bonus that regenerates your ammo, in my case revolver.

I use Siren, playing on my own I use mostly the first tree of abilities, all the healing ones like shield recharge and healing while phased. I use the increased elemental chance, fire rate and AOE lightning from the second tree and the increased crit damage from the last one. I hope that by the time I hit level cap (is it 50?) ill be able to grab the bullet accuracy one.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
What class does everyone use? My favorites are the Siren and Soldier. I have one Soldier that focuses on healing and support, Sledge's Shotgun+Cauterize =win. My other one is a one man army. Siren is my absolute favorite though. I use Brick (AS HIMSELF!1!), generally focusing around the Brawler and Tank skill trees.

Wei Phoenix
I have a Brick too and I focus on the same thing. I found the explosive weapons and rockets to be pretty fail. Maybe I'm just using the wrong ones.

The Nuul
Level 35 Hunter but change to a new level 25 Soldier. Hunter was boring....maybe I didnt use him right because I like rockets and SMGs.

Soldier is really fun.

Burning thought
So whats the level cap, 50?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I have a Brick too and I focus on the same thing. I found the explosive weapons and rockets to be pretty fail. Maybe I'm just using the wrong ones. I dabble in Explosives every now and then, I have a pretty gosh darn gut Rocket Launcher.

The Nuul
So whats the level cap, 50?

Yes but I saw someone two days ago with level 100 but its prob a hack.

NemeBro
50 is the cap, yeah, but uber leet haxxorz can bring them to like level 100.

The Nuul
Theres youtube videos on how tos....

NemeBro
Stfu

The Nuul
Its sad I know.

There a things I wish Borderlands did better.

Like a anti-cheat system, no sucky Gamespy and more..

NemeBro
"However, the PC version of Borderlands has been criticized for its faulty online multiplayer interface. Even though the initial release was delayed, the multiplayer function on the PC was initially nonfunctional, and even now makes it difficult for players to host or join private or public games as a result of an aging matchmaking system and a lack of dedicated game servers."

**** YEAH!

Take this you dirty PC users! 131

Ms.Marvel
disappointed by the game so far. sad

NemeBro
That's because you have really bad taste.

Halo? Modern Warfare? Hahahahahahaha!

Ms.Marvel
you have factually bad taste in video games you bro! *smacks with a wash cloth*

though seriously... im very disappointed. game waa fun for about an hour. it needs more multiplayer.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
you have factually bad taste in video games you bro! *smacks with a wash cloth*

though seriously... im very disappointed. game waa fun for about an hour. it needs more multiplayer. This is that bad taste thing I am talking about.

Then play only multiplayer. no expression

Ms.Marvel
my taste is better than yours. >(

i dont like cooperative multiplayer.

NemeBro
my taste is better than yours. >(

i dont like cooperative multiplayer. No it isn't. I can assure you of that.

Then why the hell did you even get the ****ing game? erm That is its primary focus.

Wei Phoenix
That is a good question. It's not like it's one of the features that could sneak up on you.

Burning thought
Ime going to go buy Modern warfare 2 although I hate competitive multi-play....

ArtificialGlory
I don't like Multiplayer in general. There have been only 5 or so games that I regularly played online.

Ms.Marvel
No it isn't. I can assure you of that.

Then why the hell did you even get the ****ing game? erm That is its primary focus.

i didnt "get the ****ing game" its not as if id ever pay money for something so boring erm it was given to me by a friend who didnt like it either. i did have high hopes for it though as you can see when i first made this thread. im going to give the game to blaxican since he got screwed out of his. and yeah you have horrible sense in what makes a good game.

NemeBro
i didnt "get the ****ing game" its not as if id ever pay money for something so boring erm it was given to me by a friend who didnt like it either. i did have high hopes for it though as you can see when i first made this thread. im going to give the game to blaxican since he got screwed out of his. and yeah you have horrible sense in what makes a good game. No you just had bad taste.

Lol Halo.

Oh, and give me that fat person's Gamertag so I can play co-opz with him.

Ms.Marvel
naw halos better made than all the games you like.

CowardlyBlakMan I think is his tag.

The Nuul
Gamespy just needs to stop sucking, thats the biggest problem about this game.

NemeBro
naw halos better made than all the games you like.

CowardlyBlakMan I think is his tag. Dude naw.

...Really? no expression

Ms.Marvel
jyep laughing out loud

Wei Phoenix
No you just had bad taste.

Lol Halo.

Oh, and give me that fat person's Gamertag so I can play co-opz with him.

Bout time your broke ass joins us classy people on Live.

Zack Fair
Wait so who is CowardlyBlackMan o_O

Ms.Marvel
blax

Burning thought
Ive got like the best class of sniper rifle in the game, playing as lilith its awsome but I can only wish I was playing as Mordecai as apprently he has great bonuses. But meh, its a highly effective elemental weapon so thats liliths kind of thing as well.

chomperx9
whats the fire rate for exactly ?

jinXed by JaNx
Mod weapons have destroyed any appeal this game ever had lol

chomperx9
wheres tannis ?

I finished the quest tannis talked to and im at the crimson fastness.

Im right at the waypoint and judging by where it is she is supposed to be in a cell. ive looked all arond like hell up and down even switched from playthrough 2 over to 1 and still nothing.

Kazenji
The first one is getting released on the current consoles, For those that own it on PC it's getting a free update

Impediment
Is this game any good? I've never played it but have heard good things. I'm looking for something to keep me occupied now that I've finished RDR 2 100%.

cdtm
Originally posted by Impediment
Is this game any good? I've never played it but have heard good things. I'm looking for something to keep me occupied now that I've finished RDR 2 100%.

First is good. Second is a lot better, imo, but you should enjoy the first one.

Don't really see the point of releasing it on current gen consoles. I can play it on my 360, if I wanted to, and the PC version is dirt cheap and would run on a potato.

NewGuy01
I prefer the first, if the DLCs are taken into account. The second was a bit too over-the-top, I think.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm

Don't really see the point of releasing it on current gen consoles. I can play it on my 360, if I wanted to, and the PC version is dirt cheap and would run on a potato.

There are those people that didn't play the first one at all....Like imp

Anyway you'll be getting the remastered version for free if you own the original version.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
There are those people that didn't play the first one at all....Like imp

Anyway you'll be getting the remastered version for free if you own the original version.

So if I buy the base game, without any of the dlc, I'll get the dlc for free?

cdtm
Originally posted by Impediment

Playing on console?

If you don't mind PC gaming, Epic's been doing this thing where they give away a new game every two weeks. If all you want is something to tide you over, they're usually worth a look.

Or you could try Warframe. Hear good things about it, but haven't gotten around to it myself..

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
So if I buy the base game, without any of the dlc, I'll get the dlc for free?

Do you own it already?.....then yes

it's similar to what they did with Bioshock, If you had the original version before the remasted was release those people got it for free.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.