Do you think horror Movie sequels would be better if they are similer to the 1stmovie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DOYLEZOMBIE
Do you think horror Movie sequels would be better if they are similer to the 1stmovie

emir
Most sequels of any genre movies try to resemble the first one. Movies get sequels if they are box-office or artistic success, and sequels want to repeat its predecessors' success. That's why they believe they should repeat the original movie's formula. Sometimes, sequels thrive to be "bigger, faster, louder", and sometimes they are just low-budget attempts to earn a few bucks from less demanding audience. Speaking of horrors, here's an example: Friday the 13th - every sequel was copying ideas from the first movie.

kodak
Puppet master 7, If it had been anything like the 1st one, it would have sucked a hell of alot less, Mind you the puppet master films sucked to everyone other then me, I liked them, and i bet im a retard for it.

steverules
Puppet master...another horror i need to see

kodak
Originally posted by steverules
Puppet master...another horror i need to see
Puppet Master 1-6.
Skip 7.

Ive seen all the puppet master movies, Other then the Retro Puppet Master.

i also wanna see "GINGERDEAD MAN" Which is another Fullmoon/Charles Band Film.

Wolfie
Not necessarily. Many of the F13s were awfully similar to one another. They would've been better if they changed it up a bit.

kodak
Originally posted by Wolfie
Not necessarily. Many of the F13s were awfully similar to one another. They would've been better if they changed it up a bit. You know what.

Thats a damn good point.

Evil Dead
I don't agree with copying the formula.......but the sequels should be true to the style of the first movie.

I good example is A Nightmare on Elm St. 2. It's a great horror movie. It's very similar to the original......Fred Krueger is dark, twisted, pure evil. They switched it up, not copying the original movie, by having Fred actually possess Jessie in his dreams using him to kill those who are not asleep. The style and atmosphere were exactly the same but the actual story was new and different.

what gets me is that there are retards out there who don't like the movie for that very reason. They wanted a carbon copy of the original. What's worse.......there are people who like ANOES 3 more than the part 2. ANOES 3 bares no resemblence to the original at all......it's all watered down, mainstream crap. Instead of a dark movie about pure evil we get a light hearted movie about a dead prankster who's no longer some sadist who takes pleasure in torturing children, he gets his pleasure from playing pranks on them and telling jokes. The rest of the sequels follow the same watered down, mainstream formula except New Nightmare. Seriously....ANOES went from "This is god" in the original to "you forgot the power glove" in Freddy's Dead. How sad.

Discos
Not necessarily. Many of the F13s were awfully similar to one another. They would've been better if they changed it up a bit.

oh definatly, thats why I like them. Think 9 onwards is a bit different from the...well lets hust say the 2nd movie since thats when Jason starts killing.

Screams were a bit similar - who's the killer? Good movies though.

Haha, the Puppet Master movies, class act and such cheesy puppetry. Aint seen 6 and 7. Don't think I will ever be bothered to

kodak
Originally posted by Discos
Haha, the Puppet Master movies, class act and such cheesy puppetry. Aint seen 6 and 7. Don't think I will ever be bothered to 6 Is alot like 4 and 5, but 7 was complete sh*t.

Dont waste your time on it.

I liked the fact they were Cheesy, Sometimes its just what you need, is a really cheesy horror, Hell i liked Scanners, but it can always be about people heads going boom for no reason at all, Sometimes you gotta sit back, and watch a cheese-fest.

NEVER, and i mean NEVER watch ShadowZone.

Discos
^^ cheers for the advice dude, Doubt I will see it unless its on TV very late on and there aint anything else on....thats how I discovered Dr Giggles about 9years ago.

erm...Cheesy, oh yes indeed. I just love laughing at those movie - a punch of 7inch puppets overpowering a grown man and such. Great stuff.

As for the sequels of horro movies, I think that if the original made a bit of money then they milk it for a sequel and more. I think for a sequel the makers of the movie get in a little more writers who probably cost alot more *shrugs* I don't know.

SpiderGauntlet
Originally posted by kodak
Puppet master 7, If it had been anything like the 1st one, it would have sucked a hell of alot less, Mind you the puppet master films sucked to everyone other then me, I liked them, and i bet im a retard for it.

I'm a retard then. Would be nice if the Puppets fought Chucky. I would pay to see leech puking in his mouth. If it were possible big grin

A different formula with the same concept and atmosphere is always better.

joshb
no, saw II wasn't better than saw I

SelphieT

That's true.

I think the first and second were the best, but after that, they were really all the same. Just a bunch of teens getting killed while having sex..... gets boring after a while.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by kodak
Puppet Master 1-6.
Skip 7.

Ive seen all the puppet master movies, Other then the Retro Puppet Master.

i also wanna see "GINGERDEAD MAN" Which is another Fullmoon/Charles Band Film.

Hahaha I second that, Puppet Master movies are fawking great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.