Sauron vs The Terminator (girl from t3 version)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IAmRational
I know that the Terminator is not at all a Lord of the Rings Character, but this topic was brought up one night when I was drinking with some buddies. My argument is the female terminatrix from Terminator 3, because even though Sauron's weapon is enchanted and can magicly destroy the "indestructable material" from which the terminator is made, the terminator can put herself back together in a matter of seconds. Furthuremore, the terminator has an assortment of plasma guns and flamethrowers build into it, and Sauron would not stand a chance.

Discos
hahaha, oh me what a topic. where to start?

Erm I'm gonna go with Sauron, he was badass in the books and the TX just annoyed me.

fini
SAuron is basically a lesser version of a god or angel or something like that.

SUpreme power beats technological power any day. hehe

Discos
^^ sure, why not smile

Silly discussion that will never have an answer to suit everyone.

Antaeus
Sauron

Akhnar
Of course Sauron duh Hes a GOD but if the terminator 3 she can beat only if the ring falls of him so maybe she could beat him but I think with one hit Sauron could make her vanish.Anyway I would go with Sauron even if he couldnt beat her ( But he can easily ) LOL !!!

Mairuzu
hes actually like a demon, a strong demon

JackieCD
The Terminator would win in the end.

Blax_Hydralisk
Well.. depends on which Sauron.

Isuildor(sp?) defeated Sauron by simply cutting Saurons ring finger off.

Who knows what would happen if he was set on fire or riddled with bullets or shot with a plasma beam or something. Also, we have no idea if Sauron even has the ability to beat her permanently. Hitting her with his mace would do nothing.

And no, boys and girls. Simply being a "god" does not mean automatic win. Only feats matter on KMC. And from what we've seen, Sauron w/ ring lost to a mere mortal man. This Terminator was only killed due to a super magnet that threw her regeneration abilities off, then a grenade to the face. She also survived a bazooka missile to the chest.

She simply outlasts Sauron. She'll keep coming back forever. Sauron is vulnerable because he is only powerful so long as he has the ring on his finger.

The Secret Fire
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Well.. depends on which Sauron.

Isuildor(sp?) defeated Sauron by simply cutting Saurons ring finger off.

She simply outlasts Sauron. She'll keep coming back forever. Sauron is vulnerable because he is only powerful so long as he has the ring on his finger.

The Ring is not wholly what makes Sauron powerful, Blax. It is true that when Sauron created the One Ring he added the greater part his power into it, but it is not his source of power. Back when Sauron was known as the Necromancer, in Dol Guldur, he was in powerful physical form and it took the White Council to drive him out.

Anyway, with the One Ring, Sauron wouldn't be alone in his fight, with his corrupted servants under his dominant will, he could do anything.

In the end, Sauron is an Ainur and is immortal. And Sauron would keep coming back forever, just as Melkor/Morgoth did.

Blax_Hydralisk
I was under he impression that it was Sauron and Sauron alone against the Terminator. I was also under the impression that he was referring to Sauron in the form he was in during the battle against the Last Alliance.

coolmovies
Sauron for me too

Blax_Hydralisk
Why?

The Secret Fire
Because Sauron is a demigod and The Terminator girl is a machine. Sauron has greater power than she and so would win.

Even Tolkien prophesied that Sauron just as every other being in his world would be around till the end of time and The Last Battle. So, you see, it does not matter what The Terminator Girl does, Sauron will rise up again in his natural form long after The Terminator Girl has turned to rust.

Cap'n Happy
Not to be mean, but this is just a dumb topic. OK, getting over that, and getting over the fact that you are really comparing apples and oranges here... there is NO way any Terminator could defeat Sauron. Even without the Ring, he is a lesser angelic (fallen) being, of vast magical power. Non-magical weapon's and force are virtualy useless against him- Isildur only cut the Ring off of his hand because:
1) The sword was enchanted, created by powerful Elves.
2) Isildur was himself a man of Westeness (the most pure, noble of men) and was descended from great Kings.
3) Even given all this, it was almost fatal for Isildur- the power released by cutting the Ring free was staggering.

So, no... a Terminator couldn't do jack s**t against Sauron.

The Secret Fire
Haha! Well Cap'n, welcome to the forum! That's what we do here, when we have absolutely nothing else to talk about.

Again, fallen angelic spirit against machine: Sauron wins.

LokiBoy
Sauron wins by pulling her ponytail til she gives up. Naturally.

Furion
Sauron tosses her into Mount Doom

ADuarte03
Sauron would win...

travis135
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Not to be mean, but this is just a dumb topic. OK, getting over that, and getting over the fact that you are really comparing apples and oranges here... there is NO way any Terminator could defeat Sauron. Even without the Ring, he is a lesser angelic (fallen) being, of vast magical power. Non-magical weapon's and force are virtualy useless against him- Isildur only cut the Ring off of his hand because:
2) Isildur was himself a man of Westeness (the most pure, noble of men) and was descended from great Kings.
3) Even given all this, it was almost fatal for Isildur- the power released by cutting the Ring free was staggering.

Dwarves forged narsil,elves enchanted it

Blax_Hydralisk
*facepalms*

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy

I know that this is an old thread, but a sword enchanted by elves <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< a high powered modern rocket launcher.

So? The fact that he's part of a stronger race isn't justification for losing to him.

And?

Rocket Launcher. And that terminator can regenerate, so what could Sauron do?

Aule
Seeing as this thread has been rezzed I just thought I'd point out that Narsil was made by the Dwarf Telchar of Nogrod, not Elves. Though the two beings aren't comparable due to old world weapons vs new world weapons in pure innate power levels Sauron was probably more powerful. Just the Terminator was better armed.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Aule
Seeing as this thread has been rezzed I just thought I'd point out that Narsil was made by the Dwarf Telchar of Nogrod, not Elves. Though the two beings aren't comparable due to old world weapons vs new world weapons in pure innate power levels Sauron was probably more powerful. Just the Terminator was better armed.

I know, in hand to hand combat Sauron would pwn Terminator. But unless if this is Sauron in his angelic form, the girl Terminator wins.

NonSensi-Klown
Sauron wouldn't pawn any Termintor in hand to hand combat. What was his greatest physical strength feat? Knocking back a bunch of guys? Terminators can do better.

Dark-Jaxx
Actually, Sauron has NO strength feats, that was not physical strength, that was magic, think back, his mace didn't physically touch most of them, it was similar to Gandalf and Saruman physically "hitting" eachother with the magic of their staves, it is akin to a TK strike.

Terminator wins, faster, more powerful,can regenerate, all that happy crap.

Honestly, I don't know why Sauron gets so much credit. He gets wins from people against characters like Palpatine who out-match him in power, and characters like Ganon who are superior in terms of magical talent, versatility, and power. Hell, people have claimed he would defeat Superman or even Mephisto.

He is highly overrated.

Aule
It depends, in the books the Siege of Barad-dur lasted for 7 years, and only in the year 3441 of the 2nd age did Sauron come out and engage the leaders of the Last Alliance in physical combat. Not TK strikes, Sauron killed both and was killed by Gil-Galad the High King of the Elves and Elendil (who himself was a very skilled fighter and stood at around 8' tall).

Whilst by no means is he comparable to Superman etc etc (as he was never meant to be, and I think Tolkien probably wouldn't want his characters to be as overt with their power as those characters. He always did chose the more subtle powers) I don't think hes over-rated as you say. But thats just my thoughts and opinion.

NonSensi-Klown
Well, killing two guys (One of which, Gil-Galad, was killed with fire), isn't a strength geat really.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Aule
It depends, in the books the Siege of Barad-dur lasted for 7 years, and only in the year 3441 of the 2nd age did Sauron come out and engage the leaders of the Last Alliance in physical combat. Not TK strikes, Sauron killed both and was killed by Gil-Galad the High King of the Elves and Elendil (who himself was a very skilled fighter and stood at around 8' tall).

Whilst by no means is he comparable to Superman etc etc (as he was never meant to be, and I think Tolkien probably wouldn't want his characters to be as overt with their power as those characters. He always did chose the more subtle powers) I don't think hes over-rated as you say. But thats just my thoughts and opinion. I'm not disrespecting him or the entire fiction, but LotR characters in general are overrated.

I honestly believe Spiderman would beat Sauron.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I'm not disrespecting him or the entire fiction, but LotR characters in general are overrated.

I honestly believe Spiderman would beat Sauron.

thumb up

There was this one thread I think it was in the comic vs. forum where someone claimed Sauron could beat Mephisto and Galactus blink

Incanus
How could Sauron lose............... He could just smash her then use magic to grind her up................. then she couldnt regenerate........... or he uses the ring to summon a rockfrom Orodruin to smash her................ there are tons of ways he could win..........

Darth Martin
Sauron had one feat in one film. All hype, no show. T-X kills him.

NemeBro
TX shoots him. He blows up.

The end.

Darth Martin
Agreed.

jinXed by JaNx
edit

jinXed by JaNx
Well...,a lowly human did destory Sauron. I imagine that the Tx could target Saurons ring from a few miles away and snipe his finger. I mean, if a simple sword strike was enough to sever Saurons ring, i really don't see how he is going to handle heavy munitions. A single sword strike was enough to take Sauron down. If the Tx fires enough heavy explosives at him he will eventually lose that lucky finger. Plus, the Tx can run super duper fast. Sauron goes down like the over hyped pussy he is. After which, the Tx commences to claim genocide on all races of Middle Earth and accomplishes her mission within a week. Middle Earth doesn't have shit on the Tx.

King-Fingolfin
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Well...,a lowly human did destory Sauron. I imagine that the Tx could target Saurons ring from a few miles away and snipe his finger. I mean, if a simple sword strike was enough to sever Saurons ring, i really don't see how he is going to handle heavy munitions. A single sword strike was enough to take Sauron down. If the Tx fires enough heavy explosives at him he will eventually lose that lucky finger. Plus, the Tx can run super duper fast. Sauron goes down like the over hyped pussy he is. After which, the Tx commences to claim genocide on all races of Middle Earth and accomplishes her mission within a week. Middle Earth doesn't have shit on the Tx.

Now that everyone, is bullshit.

Oliphaunt stamps it's foot and utterly crushes TX, or Aragorn summons the Army of the motha****ing dead, an invulnerable dead army that consistently destroys TX with ease.

TX destroys movie Sauron, sure, but saying she soloes Middle Earth, in a week no less, makes me lol.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by King-Fingolfin
Now that everyone, is bullshit.

Oliphaunt stamps it's foot and utterly crushes TX, or Aragorn summons the Army of the motha****ing dead, an invulnerable dead army that consistently destroys TX with ease.

TX destroys movie Sauron, sure, but saying she soloes Middle Earth, in a week no less, makes me lol.

What's the army of the dead going to do...,dissolve her organic lining laughing out loud ? If the Tx were to travel to Middle Earth. Middle Earth would be worshipping metal vagina.

I wasn't serious about a week...,maybe two wink. Either way, Sauron was a big puss.

Rogue Jedi
Not too familiar with Sauron. How would he deal with her flamethrower?

Darth Martin
Not sure but I know what her cutting-saw and plasma caster will do.

King-Fingolfin
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
What's the army of the dead going to do...,dissolve her organic lining laughing out loud ?

No, cut her apart with their swords =|

Now, before you say their swords wouldn't do anything, please realize that there are some thousands of them, and they can't die, and can continue to keep on cutting her.

But, just to ask a question, what would happen to the TX if say, idk, she was struck by a sudden lightning bolt?

King Ghidorah
Sauron wins. He was capable of burning and disintegrating Gandalf's staff in his weakest form as the Necromancer. He's going to do the same to Terminatrix while staying in shadowy-fire form. Before you start going on about how Gandalf's staff was made of wood, it was burning away and disintegrating by sheer MAGIC. There was no physical force involved in it. Sauron didn't throw a fire ball or an energy blast. Burned and disintegrated from Sauron's magic. So whats to say he won't do the same to Terminatrix?

Psychotron
What if she just blasts him with a plasma shot? If a sword can cut him the plasma will wreck him.

Ferret Fiend
Terminator

King Ghidorah
Originally posted by Psychotron
What if she just blasts him with a plasma shot? If a sword can cut him the plasma will wreck him.

I don't think plasma is going to hurt a NON-physical being. As for being in a physical form, the sword that cut through him was no normal sword, it was an enchanted sword called Narsil that could even cut through spirits (I think) which is why it affected Sauron. Sauron wins.

NemeBro
Sauron pins her in place with telekinesis and kills her.

StealthRanger
Exactly, or assuming he can use energy shields like Gandalf, raises his barriers and tanks everything she can utilize, while using his telekinesis to destroy her, or dark energy tendrils

I'd bring up that it was forged in the First Age by one of the best smiths, and was a pretty big deal by those standards, this being in an age with country busters and armies that can destroy continents as a side effect of fighting, but bleh, movies only

quanchi112
Sauron wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.