Respect Ganon, King of Evil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Violent2Dope
This is a thread for the almighty Ganon, King of All Things Evil and the villain of the Legend of Zelda series. Ganon is one of the most decorated villains in gaming history, his role ranging from savage beast, evil tyrant, or powerful God, and even a combination of all three. Ganon is and always will be my favorite character in fiction, and is the perfect villain in my opinion. He is powerful, intelligent, manipulative, sadistic, and is pure evil, but he was not always that way. Growing up in the harsh environment of the Gerudo desert, he grew to hate the people of Hyrule, who were born in much more forunate circumstances than him, and in his own twisted mind grew to almost blame them, and seek revenge. Despite his mental instability, usually he is very calm when speaking, even while speaking to his enemies, tho his madness has seeped through before, like it did when his plans were foiled in Wind Waker. Anyway, I will post videos and pics relating to Ganon, and if you wish you may bask in the face of pure evil that is Ganon!evil face

P.S. Spam this thread or any respect threads made by me and I shall report the shit out of you.

Superboy Prime
Then why don't you start looking for videos and scans showing us why we should respect Ganon, man?

Blax_Hydralisk
Exactly.

I'd say that as a rule each starting post should have at least two videos and a bio.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Exactly.

I'd say that as a rule each starting post should have at least two videos and a bio.

It is really stupid to start a respect thread without even a bio nor videos. No offense to you, V2D. But it is something that needs to be avoided.

Violent2Dope
It was my first Respect thread, gimme a break. The fact that Ganon punks Master Chief is enough of a reason why you should respect Ganon.big grin

Anyway, this is a vid of TP Ganon, Midna uses the full power of the Fused Shadows to fight Ganon, and teleports Link and Zelda outside. Ganon however defeats Midna, and crushes the immensely powerful Fused Shadow in his hand like it's nothin.

VDSPEfyrnwc

Blax_Hydralisk
According to you Ganon punks anybody, except Pyron.

Violent2Dope
He punks MC, don't deny it.

Blax_Hydralisk
I think 99.99999% of game characters punk MC.

Violent2Dope
I don't know about that...

shin_gear
That's an exaggeration of course.

And posting bios and vids in the OP being a rule is irrational. It's called a respect thread, not a video and bio thread.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by shin_gear
That's an exaggeration of course.

And posting bios and vids in the OP being a rule is irrational. It's called a respect thread, not a video and bio thread.

It is irrational?

Then why the **** make it in the first place?

Post evidence to make us see why character X needs to be respected.

Just saying "Respect Chocobo" does not make it.

Blax_Hydralisk
Indeed. If your not going to post anything but a post saying "respect character a" then why even bother making a thread for it? Just post it somewhere. The point of a respect thread is so that someone who doesn't know anything about a character can go to his respect thread and see all of his feats, and respect him/her for it.

shin_gear
I said it doesn't have to be in opening posts, retards. Of course they should be included in the threads at one point.

Why complain about it though, people would still be able to make respect threads and simply say they're going to post info on whatever character they're doing it on a while after.

Superboy Prime
I said it doesn't have to be in opening posts, retards. Of course they should be included in the threads at one point.

Why complain about it though, people would still be able to make respect threads and simply say they're going to post info on whatever character they're doing it on a while after.

This will be last time I post off-topic here because this is Ganon's respect thread and he deserves more than this.

However the opening post should at least contain something. If you're going to post stuff later then why not just wait until later to make the respect thread?

Anyways to each his own. Ganon deserves more than this, so I ain't going to spam here anymore.

shin_gear
Reason could be: I want to be the one who makes it. Simple as that.

'Tis why I made the Gouki thread even though I wasn't ready to post all the stuff.

Superboy Prime
Reason could be: I want to be the one who makes it. Simple as that.

'Tis why I made the Gouki thread even though I wasn't ready to post all the stuff.

I have broken my promise...but anyways

So that is why you made the Kos-Mos thread before me? I effin' hate you. Don't ever PM me again.

Remindme
Pretty stong words there Prime sad

lxvTnghyRBw

Ganon, king of Evil, in the Ocarina of Time (my favourite Zelda game)

Violent2Dope
This is a scene from TP. Ganon is chained to a wall by the sages and is pierced by a sword, only to remain alive, break his chains, and in almost an instant is in front of a sage and kills him with a dashing punch. He then takes the sword out of his chest and prepares to kill the other sages, who pussy out and use the Twilight Mirror to seal him.

ELJaJi-1Q6s

ESB -1138
Ganondorf would have been killed if it wasn't for the Triforce of Power.

Violent2Dope
No shit.

Violent2Dope
This is the final battle with Ganondorf in TP. This vid shows Ganon's superior sword skills, Ganon blocks and dodges all of Link's blows and makes powerful counters(usually a stab as his weapon is very long) which forces Link to rely on the unorthodox to get hits in. Also, it shows Ganon jumping REALLY REALLY high.

2vPheBem6pc

ESB -1138
Look at that! The great King of Evil was easily overpowered by a 16-19 year old kid!

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Look at that! The great King of Evil was easily overpowered by a 16-19 year old kid! Shut the f*ck up before I report you.

ESB -1138
What? You posted it.

Sol Valentine
You're disrespecting him, not respecting him.

Violent2Dope
And? This is not a disrespect thread. Also, think of what condition Ganon must have been in during the fight. He fought Link while possessing Zelda, fought Link and Midna as Ganon, fought Midna who used the full power of the Fused Shadows, fought Link and Zelda on horseback, and then fought Link one on one. Not to mention he had a big ass hole thru his chest most of the game! And dude, TP Link would rip Sephiroth's arm off.

ESB -1138
What does Sephiroth have to do with anything?

Remindme
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
This is the final battle with Ganondorf in TP. This vid shows Ganon's superior sword skills, Ganon blocks and dodges all of Link's blows and makes powerful counters(usually a stab as his weapon is very long) which forces Link to rely on the unorthodox to get hits in. Also, it shows Ganon jumping REALLY REALLY high.

Nice Video.

Though i get the sense this was to prove something in the Ganon v Xemnas debate.....

Violent2Dope
What does Sephiroth have to do with anything? The fact that TP Link rips off his arm and Ganon beats his ass.yes And to Remindme, no, I just post things shown in the vid that make Ganon respect-worthy.

Remindme
Okie, sorry it's just you used to same wording in that thread so my mind just jumped ^^' sorry

ESB -1138
Ganon wishes he was Sephiroth.

http://www.icybrian.com/fanart/gunblade/sephganon.jpg

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Remindme
Okie, sorry it's just you used to same wording in that thread so my mind just jumped ^^' sorry I use almost the same wording in all my Ganon-related posts. Cool pic ESB.

Remindme
Ninento have come up with some of the best villains, haven't they?

Violent2Dope
Ninento have come up with some of the best villains, haven't they? They came up with THE best villain IMO.

Remindme
Well thats opinion, but no one can deny they have made some of the best, Ganon and Bowser being at the top i think

Violent2Dope
Well thats opinion, but no one can deny they have made some of the best, Ganon and Bowser being at the top i think Bowser is a joke villain, he is completely incompetant.

Remindme
Yeah, but he's funny, and the games are good so he's not that bad ;p

Violent2Dope
The games are good, and he can be funny, I agree with that.

Sol Valentine
Did you see the Ganon Cinderella comic strip?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Did you see the Ganon Cinderella comic strip? ...What?

Sol Valentine
a funny Cinderella comic that had Ganon in it.

Violent2Dope
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Sol Valentine
Nope.

Ganon confuses Cinderella with Zelda, and rapes her.

Prince Charming comes

Ganon confuses Charming with Link

Ganon kills Charming

Ganon proceeds with the rape.

Violent2Dope
Lol link it?

Sol Valentine
I can't link it since the site's shut down

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Nope.

Ganon confuses Cinderella with Zelda, and rapes her.

Prince Charming comes

Ganon confuses Charming with Link

Ganon kills Charming

Ganon proceeds with the rape.

...dude.

Sol Valentine
What?

ESB -1138
Respect Puppet Ganon!

Darkhalen
Hahaha

Go Gannon Wait we are talking about the Purple Pig Version are we not

Not the Gannondorf version.

Ridley_Prime
Me kicking ass with Ganon (sorry for the bad quality).

PAfDq4S_Irc

I've taken quite the liking to this character lately.

-------

Also, awesome tribute.

YIaiqH6XC8o

CPT Space Bomb
Let's not forget:

1. Ganon won the Imprisoning War against Hyrule's forces after the events of Majora's Mask (going off the split timeline theory), but either way he won the War prior to the first Zelda game.

2. Ganon, possessing the Triforce of Power can never be killed, only contained temporarily

3. Ganondorf, Unlike Link and Zelda, is the ONLY character to be the same throughout the ENTIRE Zelda Series...RESPECT

4. In Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf outsmarts Link and as Link is trapped in the Sacred Realm for seven years, Ganon transforms Hyrule Castle into a floating Fortress of despair, and also corrupts the entire realm of Hyrule to Darkness. He does all of this WITHOUT the complete Triforce, only with his dark magic and Triforce of Power.

5. Link only ever beats Ganon (and he's the only one that can) due to his destiny and the fact he has: A) The triforce of courage B) The Master Sword, which is almost a Kryptonite to Ganon (though not to that extent)

I'll post more stuff later.

Dark-Jaxx
That is just the tip of the iceberg.

1. Ganon in WW, without even having a Triforce piece, was impaled in the forehead by the Master Sword, and was still able to stand and speak before being sealed.

2. In A Link to the Past, he warped the entire Sacred Realm into a Dark Realm that also corrupts all who enter it, transforming them into monsters(or in Link's case...A bunny lol).

3. He was able to singlehandedly fight his way out of Hyrule castle after killing its king.

4. Zant, only possessing a miniscule fraction of Ganon's power, has shown TK to an enhanced level, in one pulse defeating the strongest Light Spirit, Link, and Midna, then transforming Link into a semi-permanent Wolf. He also showed some reality warping in the game, shown in the fight with him.

5. Ganondorf in the 3D games has only been defeated by Link when he had outside help.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
2. Ganon, possessing the Triforce of Power can never be killed, only contained temporarily

But he was killed with the Triforce of Power; by Link in Twilight Princess.

And Ganondorf has the coolest chant in the Smash Bros games. GAAAAAANON-DORF! GAAAAAANON-DOF!!

Burning thought
lol? whats he some kind of Pokemon in SSB

First_Tsurugi06
Sephiroth can win as many villain polls as he wants, Ganon will always be the true #1 VILLAIN of video games, not the #1 silver-haired pretty-boy nutcase with mother issues and a superiority complex of video games.

Dark-Jaxx
But he was killed with the Triforce of Power; by Link in Twilight Princess.

And Ganondorf has the coolest chant in the Smash Bros games. GAAAAAANON-DORF! GAAAAAANON-DOF!! We don't know that yet. If he was killed, he lost the ToP, as symbolised by it fading from his hand, though I think Zant's death severed Ganon's physical connection to the realm. Ganon has never truly died in the games. Only been sealed or had his physical shell destroyed.

Word.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
We don't know that yet. If he was killed, he lost the ToP, as symbolised by it fading from his hand, though I think Zant's death severed Ganon's physical connection to the realm. Ganon has never truly died in the games. Only been sealed or had his physical shell destroyed.

Well that could be true except Zant wasn't keeping Ganondorf alive at all. If anything it was because as Zant said Ganondorf could just bring him (Zant) back to life and with the King of Evil dead Zant pretty much had no chance on coming back because Zant was killed or do you not consider ones body being completely obliterated dying?

Ganondorf died in Twilight Princess and he died in the original Zelda and a Link to the Past.

Dark-Jaxx
Well that could be true except Zant wasn't keeping Ganondorf alive at all. If anything it was because as Zant said Ganondorf could just bring him (Zant) back to life and with the King of Evil dead Zant pretty much had no chance on coming back because Zant was killed or do you not consider ones body being completely obliterated dying?

Ganondorf died in Twilight Princess and he died in the original Zelda and a Link to the Past. But then you gotta wonder what that vision of Zant's neck snapping was about. And the ToP disappeared from his hand, so he did not die with the ToP, if he truly died at all.

EDIT: Oh, and it has apparently been retconned, being able to die with the ToP. He can't with it.

CPT Space Bomb

Ganondorf died in Twilight Princess and he died in the original Zelda and a Link to the Past.
A) Stop Dissrespecting in a Respect Thread
B) We don't know that he died in Twilight Princess
C) He is the same character in all the Zelda games, therefore he has never died. You are wrong. If you don't have respect to give Ganon, get out.

ESB -1138
A) Stop Dissrespecting in a Respect Thread
B) We don't know that he died in Twilight Princess
C) He is the same character in all the Zelda games, therefore he has never died. You are wrong. If you don't have respect to give Ganon, get out.

A) When did I disrespect Ganondorf? It was called debating whether or not he died at the end of Twilight Princess.
B) There is more evidence to support his death then somehow living while Link was just standing there (and Zelda and Midna) who decided just to leave him alive
C) Sephiroth is the same character in FF7 and Advent Children and guess what; he died in FF7. We see a villain being revived all the time in gaming it's nothing new. And Twilight Princess takes place in the OoT child timeline where as Wind Waker takes place in the OoT adult timeline because Zelda has two different timelines because of the events of OoT and thus Ganondorf can die in one game and appear in another. And again when did I dispect Ganondorf? Because I'm not a mindless fanboy that can't stand to see there favorite character actually be defeated?

CPT Space Bomb
A) When did I disrespect Ganondorf? It was called debating whether or not he died at the end of Twilight Princess. It's not just the Twilight Princess debate, you've been bashing Ganon the entire thread. Stop.Actually, Shigero Miyamoto has confirmed that Ocarina of Time was the first game, followed by Zelda, Adventure of Link and then Link to The Past. He stated that in 1998. That alone supports the fact Ganon never died. Why do you even Mention Sephiroth? You're not a fanboy? Really? Sephiroth has nothing to do with Ganon. We don't know if Ganon died in Twilight Princess. There is rumor to be a direct sequel to TP as well, implying Ganon didn't die. As I said again, UNLESS YOU HAVE RESPECT, Get the heck out.

ESB -1138
It's not just the Twilight Princess debate, you've been bashing Ganon the entire thread.

Really? When? When I was messing with Pyron?

Actually, Shigero Miyamoto has confirmed that Ocarina of Time was the first game, followed by Zelda, Adventure of Link and then Link to The Past. He stated that in 1998. That alone supports the fact Ganon never died.

That was '98 dude; it's been 10 years since then and now we have more Zelda games to add namely Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and again in case you are having trouble understanding; there's two timelines caused by OoT. The adult timeline and child timeline. Wind Waker is in adult and Twilight Princess is in child and that's all that is known.

And again it is possible in gaming because we see it so many times for someone namely a villain to be killed and to be revived. Heck your little timeline proves that; in the Adventure of Link Ganon's followers were trying to revive Ganon by the blood of Link because Ganon was dead, Twinrova was trying to revive Ganon in the Oracles of Seasons/Ages and thus he was dead, and there is nothing you can say that can't disprove this.

Why do you even Mention Sephiroth? You're not a fanboy? Really? Sephiroth has nothing to do with Ganon. We don't know if Ganon died in Twilight Princess. There is rumor to be a direct sequel to TP as well, implying Ganon didn't die. As I said again, UNLESS YOU HAVE RESPECT, Get the heck out.

Rumor; Twilight Princess was rumored to be the sequel to Wind Waker but it ended up being something different. And again I have yet to disrepect Ganondorf; all I've been doing is debating but clearly you can't seem to tell the two a part because again you can't except that Ganondorf can actually be killed.

CPT Space Bomb
Really? When? When I was messing with Pyron?Whatever your intentions, it came off as bashing. And the point of the respect thread is to show respect, not clog it with useless tomfoolery.No, it is not verified that the split time-line theory is the official Theory. Nintendo has yet to release an official continuity, until then, any theory is just speculation. My point was that, even though Nintendo never verified a timeline, they did verify Ganondorf has been the same throughout all their Zelda titles.Ganon has never died. That is the point. He has never been fully killed off, and always finds a way back.
He can't be killed. Ocarina of Time even showed us this. You are not correct in your assumptions (assumptions that go against respect for the character btw), I am clearing up your incorrect rhetoric. Until Twilight Princess, Ganon had never been killed. And, seeing as Nintendo and Zelda were not clear on it, we don't know if he even died in Twilight Princess. You were stating he did as if it was fact. So I came in to clear that wrong statement up. Now, if you have some respect to give Ganon, then do it, stop posting things that have nothing to do with respect.

Peach
Oh, knock it off both of you.

Though, for the record - there is a difference between never dying, and dying but not stayind dead. Personally I think Ganon falls into the latter category.

General Kaliero
Actually, Shigero Miyamoto has confirmed that Ocarina of Time was the first game, followed by Zelda, Adventure of Link and then Link to The Past. He stated that in 1998. That alone supports the fact Ganon never died.
*ahem*

Wrong. Miyamoto has only confirmed that OoT is the first game in the main series.

However, The series mostly goes in sequel pairs. OoT>MM, LoZ>AoL, etc. But ALttP is explicited stated to be a prequel to LoZ. How many times have I gone over the timeline, guys?

Wrong again. Aonuma confirmed after TP's release that it takes place in the second timeline after OoT, aka after MM, when Ganondorf never rises to power and is instead imprisoned before he can attack Hyrule. Whereas WW takes place in the first timeline after OoT, the timeline that continues after the Hero of Time disappears and Ganon breaks out of the Sacred Realm.

You really should not argue on a subject you obviously know very little about.

Very big difference between "never dying" and "dying but not forever." The reason for AoL was that Ganon's minions were trying to kill Link so they could sprinkle his blood on Ganon's ashes to revive him. Ganon spends the entirety of the Oracle arc dead until his body is revived after both games.

Dark-Jaxx
Personally...I find Ganon's immortality inconsistent. He dies in the old games, then in WW, WITHOUT THE TRIFORCE OF POWER, he doesn't die from being stabbed in the forehead with the Master Sword. Then in TP, he could have died, could have not, can't be sure.

If he did not die in TP, I think it is safe to say Ganon's mortality has been retconned into immortality.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by General Kaliero
*ahem*

Wrong. Miyamoto has only confirmed that OoT is the first game in the main series.I'll have to dig out the quote to show you. He did state that those games followed in that sequence.
You are not the official timeline master, sorry to say. Nintendo has NOT released an official timeline. No, YOU are wrong. He said YOU COULD SAY, he never said it was fact. When Nintendo releases and official timeline or continuity, than you can read it and be the grandmaster. As it is now, there are no set in stone records according to the timeline. I'm well aware of his quotes. And you are mis-interpreting them.
I know more than you apparently.. Fine, I'll give you that I could have worded it better, but never dying in my opinion means never staying dead. Now, back to Ganon Respect.

Peach
*falls over laughing*

Are you joking, or do you actually think you're serious there? Because even I know most of what you're saying isn't correct and I don't even follow the Zelda canon that closely (ie timeline stuff, I know very little of, etc).

General Kaliero
I'll have to dig out the quote to show you. He did state that those games followed in that sequence.
I wish you luck, because you'll have quite a time finding such a thing.

With as much research as I have done into the Zelda timeline, I know quite well that an official timeline has not been released.

However, the games themselves have quite a bit to say on the matter.

The prologue to TWW clearly tells that it takes place in the timeline as when OoT Link defeated Ganon in the future. Furthermore, this Ganondorf recognizes WW Link's green tunic and hat, and went to great lengths to seal the Master Sword, proving that he fears it's power, having remembered it from the past, when he was first destroyed by it.

In TP, sages who are not the Sages awakened by Link in OoT put Ganondorf on trial and (attempt to) execute him, and then send him to the Twilight Realm. During the game, Ganondorf says nothing at all about either TP Link's clothes or the sword he wields, which he surely would have had this been the same Ganondorf that had fought the adult Hero of Time only about a century earlier. From this, the most logical conclusion is that TP Ganon is not, in fact, the same Ganondorf that adult OoT Link defeated, and that he is what Ganondorf would have become if Link had never opened the Door of Time.

ALttP's history meshes much more easily with TP's version of the sages and Ganondorf than with OoT's (though Ganny was revived at some point between TP and ALttP, presumably in TP's upcoming sequel). Therefore it logically follows TP for the time being.

LA could be in two spots. There are those who believe it is ALttP Link (which is supported by the fact that LA was created after ALttP, while the series' timeline was still fairly straightforward, and by how Zelda games come in pairs, and LA pairs off with ALttP), and there are those who believe it comes after the Oracle saga.

ALttP was expressly a prequel to LoZ, on the very back of the game's box, so LoZ must follow ALttP in the same timeline. AoL is an express sequel to LoZ, so must follow it in the same timeline.

Phantom Hourglass is an express sequel to TWW, and so must follow in it's timeline.

The Oracle games enclose themselves, and so can be inserted at any point after which Ganon has been killed.

So, the most logical order of events, considering simply the games themselves, is:

Four Sword Saga timeline:

Minish Cap

Four Swords

Four Swords Adventures

Main Series timeline:

Ocarina of Time
(Child Ending) ::::::::::::: (Adult Ending)

Majora's Mask ::::::::::: The Wind Waker

Twilight Princess ::::::::: Phantom Hourglass

A Link to the Past

Link's Awakening (?)

Legend of Zelda

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Anywhere Games:

Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Link's Awakening (?)

Observe:

...Rather hard to misinterpret, I'd say.

I hope the material above shows you just how silly that assertion is.

CPT Space Bomb

With as much research as I have done into the Zelda timeline, I know quite well that an official timeline has not been released.

The prologue to TWW clearly tells that it takes place in the timeline as when OoT Link defeated Ganon in the future. Furthermore, this Ganondorf recognizes WW Link's green tunic and hat, and went to great lengths to seal the Master Sword, proving that he fears it's power, having remembered it from the past, when he was first destroyed by it.

In TP, sages who are not the Sages awakened by Link in OoT put Ganondorf on trial and (attempt to) execute him, and then send him to the Twilight Realm. During the game, Ganondorf says nothing at all about either TP Link's clothes or the sword he wields, which he surely would have had this been the same Ganondorf that had fought the adult Hero of Time only about a century earlier. From this, the most logical conclusion is that TP Ganon is not, in fact, the same Ganondorf that adult OoT Link defeated, and that he is what Ganondorf would have become if Link had never opened the Door of Time.

ALttP's history meshes much more easily with TP's version of the sages and Ganondorf than with OoT's (though Ganny was revived at some point between TP and ALttP, presumably in TP's upcoming sequel). Therefore it logically follows TP for the time being.

LA could be in two spots. There are those who believe it is ALttP Link (which is supported by the fact that LA was created after ALttP, while the series' timeline was still fairly straightforward, and by how Zelda games come in pairs, and LA pairs off with ALttP), and there are those who believe it comes after the Oracle saga.

ALttP was expressly a prequel to LoZ, on the very back of the game's box, so LoZ must follow ALttP in the same timeline. AoL is an express sequel to LoZ, so must follow it in the same timeline.

Phantom Hourglass is an express sequel to TWW, and so must follow in it's timeline.

The Oracle games enclose themselves, and so can be inserted at any point after which Ganon has been killed.

So, the most logical order of events, considering simply the games themselves, is:

Minish Cap

Four Swords

Four Swords Adventures

Main Series timeline:

Ocarina of Time

A Link to the Past

Link's Awakening (?)

Legend of Zelda

Anywhere Games:

Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Link's Awakening (?)

Observe:

I hope the material above shows you just how silly that assertion is. WOw, a Zeldawiki quote. Very nice, however, Aunoma does not have the authority to decide a timeline, and Miyamoto did say the games followed that order in the past. And again, until Nintendo and Miyamoto (the game's creator) decide on an official timeline or continuity, there is none. I happen to like the Split-timeline theory myself, yet it has too many holes in it and is not official. So I don't wrongly pretend or presume it is.

CPT Space Bomb

Minish Cap

Four Swords

Four Swords Adventures

Main Series timeline:

Ocarina of Time

A Link to the Past

Link's Awakening (?)

Legend of Zelda

Anywhere Games:

Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Link's Awakening (?)

Observe:

I hope the material above shows you just how silly that assertion is. Wow, a Zeldawiki quote. Very nice, however, Aunoma does not have the authority to decide a timeline, and Miyamoto did say the games followed that order in the past. And again, until Nintendo and Miyamoto (the game's creator) decide on an official timeline or continuity, there is none. I happen to like the Split-timeline theory myself, yet it has too many holes in it and is not official. So I don't wrongly pretend or presume it is.

General Kaliero
Zeldawiki quote? Excuse me? Said interview came from Japan's monthly Nintendo Dream magazine, which is about as official a source as you can get.

As for Aonuma's authority, he has been Game Director for OoT, MM, WW, TP, and PH. While that's more of a Japanese term, it's equivalent to Executive Producer in the West. He's in charge of most of the creative aspects of the Zelda games. Miyamoto started the series and still oversees it, but - except for the occasional Chabudai Gaeshi - Aonuma is in charge of all things Zelda. His word can be trusted as canon, unless Miyamoto directly contradicts him.

Again, there is no official timeline, but the games largely speak for themselves relating to each other, and the split timeline is officially confirmed. Anyone with a decent amount of intelligence and patience can put the games in an order that satisfies the in-game criteria.

ESB -1138
Pwned. Any who; moving on. It's a good thing Ganondorf never showed himself to be this technologically advance in the Zelda games because dang...that's a big cannon:

WSX1W7tcasA&feature=related

Of course it was made by Tabuu only the disguise of Master Hand to command Ganondorf who planned on betraying the Master Hand. Brawl is a fun game...shame Subspace is a little bland. But hey the action is plentiful and the characters are numerous.

First_Tsurugi06
^And the cutscenes are uber.

ESB -1138
Personally...I find Ganon's immortality inconsistent. He dies in the old games, then in WW, WITHOUT THE TRIFORCE OF POWER, he doesn't die from being stabbed in the forehead with the Master Sword. Then in TP, he could have died, could have not, can't be sure.

If he did not die in TP, I think it is safe to say Ganon's mortality has been retconned into immortality.

Well he could have died in WW. I mean the game was aimed for a younger audience and was rated E so showing blood gushing out of Ganon's head and then his lifeless body falling to the ground wouldn't have set well so turning into stone seemed like the next best deal. Just my two cents. But I haven't played WW in a long, long time.

Dark-Jaxx
He was abloe to speak with it in his head at base...No ToP...And then was turned to stone. I take that as being sealed.

CPT Space Bomb
Again, there is no official timeline, but the games largely speak for themselves relating to each other, and the split timeline is officially confirmed. Anyone with a decent amount of intelligence and patience can put the games in an order that satisfies the in-game criteria. Yes, no official timeline. And I know about Aonama's supervisory role in his Zelda titles. It still doesn't confirm a split timeline theory. He doesn't have the authority. Until the words are confirmed from Miyamoto's mouth directly, or in an official Nintendo press release, NO THEORY OR TIMELINE is confirmed. And again, I like the split timeline Theory the best myself, but I, unlike you, don't pretend it is official.

Also, for your "intelligent people" concept, TP does nothing to confirm the split timeline theory. In fact, it throws a huge wrench into it. Hyrule wasn't covered with water after it's ending. PH did follow WW nicely, and didn't attempt to screw around with Ganon, but TP is the Split Timeline theories' biggest hole.

Also, if you think Four Swords comes before Minish cap, you are hilariously wrong, as Vaati was trapped in the sword at the start of FS, which he wasn't defeated until Minish Cap. Stop pretending you know alot about Zelda, when you clearly don't.

General Kaliero
Yes, no official timeline. And I know about Aonama's supervisory role in his Zelda titles. It still doesn't confirm a split timeline theory. He doesn't have the authority. Until the words are confirmed from Miyamoto's mouth directly, or in an official Nintendo press release, NO THEORY OR TIMELINE is confirmed. And again, I like the split timeline Theory the best myself, but I, unlike you, don't pretend it is official.

Also, for your "intelligent people" concept, TP does nothing to confirm the split timeline theory. In fact, it throws a huge wrench into it. Hyrule wasn't covered with water after it's ending. PH did follow WW nicely, and didn't attempt to screw around with Ganon, but TP is the Split Timeline theories' biggest hole.

Also, if you think Four Swords comes before Minish cap, you are hilariously wrong, as Vaati was trapped in the sword at the start of FS, which he wasn't defeated until Minish Cap. Stop pretending you know alot about Zelda, when you clearly don't.
Yes, tell the Game Design major he doesn't know how authority of game production works. That's clearly going to help you.

Aonuma's word is canon unless Miyamoto says specifically "What Aonuma said is wrong." That is a fact; you can either accept it, or be wrong.

Why would Hyrule be covered with water at the end of TP? Hyrule is flooded in the alternate, Linkless timeline, when Ganon breaks out of the Sacred Realm and the Goddesses are forced to flood Hyrule to contain him because there is no more Hero.

Read again, I specifically said The Minish Cap comes before Four Swords. Which is obvious from the game, as it begins the tradition of the Hero having a green cap, focuses on the Light Force instead of the Triforce, and features Vaati's Minish form, before he transforms into the one-eyed demonic form.

As for "pretending" to know a lot about Zelda... I have played every American-available Zelda game in the series, beaten all of them, and most of them multiple times. I can say, without ego, that very few here know more about the Zelda series than I do. It is my absolute favorite game series, so I think I'm going to know what I'm talking about.

ESB -1138
Yes, no official timeline. And I know about Aonama's supervisory role in his Zelda titles. It still doesn't confirm a split timeline theory. He doesn't have the authority. Until the words are confirmed from Miyamoto's mouth directly, or in an official Nintendo press release, NO THEORY OR TIMELINE is confirmed. And again, I like the split timeline Theory the best myself, but I, unlike you, don't pretend it is official.

Aonama > You
Aonama has worked under and with Miyamoto and many Zelda games and unless Miyamoto comes out and says Aonama is wrong his word is canon.

Split timeline would mean that TP and WW take place in pretty much alternate realities like with DBZ and Trunks coming back in time and changing one timeline but another goes on a different path. Aonama said that TP takes place around the same time as WW before.

When did he say the Four Swords came before the Minish Cap?

Dark-Jaxx
Well....I think Aonuma or someone actually said Four Swords Adventures is THE first Zelda.

ESB -1138
Well....I think Aonuma or someone actually said Four Swords Adventures is THE first Zelda.

...despite it being a sequel to Four Swords which is a sequel to the Minish Cap?

General Kaliero
FSA is a sequel to FS. Vaati is destroyed and Ganon is sealed by the Four Sword.

Dark-Jaxx
Meh...The interview I looked at was out of date then.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Peach
Oh, knock it off both of you.

Though, for the record - there is a difference between never dying, and dying but not stayind dead. Personally I think Ganon falls into the latter category.
Agreed.

And, how did this turn into a timeline debate? messed

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Agreed.

And, how did this turn into a timeline debate? messed

I dunno. It was a debate over whether or not Ganondorf died at the end of TP then CPT came in whining that I was dispecting Ganondorf because I was debating that he did die.

MadMel
i was going to add my own ownage post against cpt, but when i look at yours, i seriously dont know what else i could have added
gj big grin

Kapton JAC
I dunno. It was a debate over whether or not Ganondorf died at the end of TP then CPT came in whining that I was dispecting Ganondorf because I was debating that he did die.

Wait, there is no possible way that Ganondorf died in TP when he is in WW which is after TP.

C) Sephiroth is the same character in FF7 and Advent Children and guess what; he died in FF7. We see a villain being revived all the time in gaming it's nothing new. And Twilight Princess takes place in the OoT child timeline where as Wind Waker takes place in the OoT adult timeline because Zelda has two different timelines because of the events of OoT and thus Ganondorf can die in one game and appear in another. And again when did I dispect Ganondorf? Because I'm not a mindless fanboy that can't stand to see there favorite character actually be defeated?

aah... never mind...

The multiple continuations is one theroy... yes

ScreamPaste
Ganondorf has displayed clairsentience/clairvoyance/audience.

Darth Jello
I think the only Nintendo created characters that have been more sinister and frightening then Ganon are Ridley, Dark Samus, Mother Brain, and Giygas.

I mean you can call him the King of Evil or Prince of Darkness or a thief or a demon but the bottom line is that he is a villain in a game series, all but one of which has been marketed as a game for children who in essence is a genocidal murderer.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Darth Jello
all but one of which has been marketed as a game for children who in essence

Agreed, yet another of the many reasons certain feats are just as good s toonforce or useless when making comparisons with real physics. Their just jolly funny little animations for children to enjoy.

ScreamPaste
I lol'd.

Play a Zelda game, ignorantly bantering on about something you know nothing about is unbecoming, even for a troll.

Burning thought
Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Play a Zelda game, ignorantly bantering on about something you know nothing about is unbecoming, even for a troll.

Replying in first person is most unbecoming

Also Ganon is prob the only character I would actually like to play the game to see, I dislike Link and Midna and some of the other characters ive seen in screenshots, but Ganon himself is by far the more interesting and ofcourse more evil out of them all.

ScreamPaste
..Haha, thanks. I think you meant to say third person? A sort of "I'm rubber, you're glue..." response? either way, you messed up.

Judging a character by a screenshot. Intelligent. You know nothing about these characters =P

but Ganon really is one of the most interesting characters.

Burning thought

Judging a character by a screenshot. Intelligent. You know little about these characters compared to myself =P

Corrected

Darth Jello
Not wanting to get into timeline debates, but considering what the developers said about the post-wind waker regarding Ganon's influence spreading over the great sea, does anyone else think that Malledus from Spirit Tracks is a physical manifestation of that evil and a possible precursor to the more pig-like, demonic Ganon from the earlier games in the series?

LLLLLink
I have always felt iffy about developer quotes. In my humble opinion, this is how things seem:

A Canon - Games
B Canon - Book, manga, ect.
C Canon - Interviews and quotes
D Canon - anything else (Official guides, ect.)

I happen to think that there are far too many contridictions between the games for there to be a definitive timeline, although developers have said that there is. This is where A Canon overrides C Canon. But, this is just my view, so whatever.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Not wanting to get into timeline debates, but considering what the developers said about the post-wind waker regarding Ganon's influence spreading over the great sea, does anyone else think that Malledus from Spirit Tracks is a physical manifestation of that evil and a possible precursor to the more pig-like, demonic Ganon from the earlier games in the series?

Never played Spirit Tracks yet (I have it but I'm saving it) but from what I read isn't it suppose to take place a hundred years or so after Phantom Hourglass?

Darth Jello
Never played Spirit Tracks yet (I have it but I'm saving it) but from what I read isn't it suppose to take place a hundred years or so after Phantom Hourglass?

It is. According to one the heads, don't remember his name, when Link stabbed Ganon in the head in Wind Waker, Ganon's influence spread over the Great Sea in one way or another. Spirit Tracks' back story is that Link and Zelda found the new land of Hyrule and were confronted by an evil force called Malledus that was imprisoned by the spirits underground, chained down by railroad tracks. When Malledus escapes, his demon train looks very much like Ganondorf and Malledus' last form looks like a cross between Ganon from the end of Ocarina of time and Ganon from the first game and the Oracles games. Both Malladus and Ganon have been described as Demon Kings.

Again, I may be clouded by my own concept of the timeline but I don't think that Wind Waker was the end of Ganon and I'm certain that at least half the games take place after it.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda13/Characters/DemonKingArt.png

http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/6/6d/MalladusCole3.png

http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/1/1f/MalladusCole1.png

ESB -1138
I gave up on the timeline theory. I don't think there really is a set timeline. I think they just make the games to be fun and could care less where it fits in any timeline.

ScreamPaste
I would agree with that, but a few vague statements and my own determination to fit that crap together makes me want there to be one.

Darth Jello
Well again, the gist of my question was whether you guys thought Ganon and Malladus were directly related.

Ridley_Prime
Nintendo + continuity = lolz

Let's just leave it at that.

LLLLLink
^
This belongs in the Bible.

Darth Jello
sigh...

Burning thought
A ganon train? I actually lold

ScreamPaste
The train's not Ganon, it's Malladus, a different villain entirely. But uh, respect thread.

Ridley_Prime
This has turned into more of a disrespect thread for Ganon if anything. sad

Darth Jello
The train's not Ganon, it's Malladus, a different villain entirely. But uh, respect thread. Don't you think it's awesome when people actually READ previous posts?

The Scenario
Time to pour the blood of KMC on the ashes of this thread.

The Flames of Despair, Destruction, and Sorrow are lit, the resurrection of the King of Evil is upon us!

Legend of Zelda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMXt_WKHY0E
Here, Ganon displays invisibility and blasts of energy. Link uses the Triforce of Wisdom to reveal the rest of the room, but is apparently unable to reveal Ganon. In addition, here Ganon can only be killed by the Silver Arrows.

A Link to the Past

http://zs.ffshrine.org/album/link-to-the-past/inst-us/z3manual-05-06.jpg
This details some of Ganon's origins. Notable feats would be Ganondorf killing all of his (presumably Gerudo) followers, and then drawing in people to join his army of monsters. He also causes unspecified disasters and makes it permanently night, both with the help of the Triforce. He also turns the Golden Land into the Dark World.
After his sealing, Ganon could still reach out to affect the world, conjuring diseases and causing droughts that could not be solved by magic. Then Agahnim, an alter ego of Ganon, appears to solve the problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMNgB1EahhY
Agahnim then kills the king and takes over Hyrule, kidnapping the descendants of the sages and sending them to the Dark World to break the seal (1:48)
He also pulls a mass mind control on all the soldiers in Hyrule Castle. (8:50)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgnPfTezk28
Agahnim transports Zelda to the Dark World. In battle, he displays energy blasts, lightning attacks, and shadow based movement. After the fight, he BFRs Link to the Dark World as well (2:10). Not shown: Link gets electrocuted if he attacks Agahnim directly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzE7JgKgNac
Second fight with Agahnim, displaying one new move in the transparent clones. After the fight, an intangible Ganon appears from Agahnim's body, transforms into a bat, and then smashes through the pyramid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AWcXL6hX5I&
Ganon himself uses his trident, conjures flaming bats, and causes the floor to collapse.
At 1:27, Ganon starts the Darkness Technique. While in the dark, Ganon is completely invisible and intangible. At this point, the Master Sword (upgraded to Golden Sword) is unable to harm him, and only stuns him. The Silver Arrows are again the only way to kill him.

Ocarina of Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr9gC65nT6A#t=3m40s
Ganondorf, without the Triforce of Power, casts a death curse on the Deku Tree. Even when Link breaks the curse, the Deku Tree still dies. Same with Jabu Jabu, as he's never seen again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3FSsNA78iI
Ganondorf knocking around a small child. (Just kidding, it's Link.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDloMg58AU#t=2m30s
Ganondorf opening the Gap Between Dimensions on Phantom Ganon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNMPn4vtohk#t=7m12s
Zora's Domain, having been frozen over by Ganondorf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lGSMMCLwR4#t=6m46s
Ganondorf has revived Volvagia, an ancient dragon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLEIaiROGGk#t=1m09s
Ganondorf captures Zelda, displaying a minor earthquake, clairvoyance, voice projection, and long ranged spell casting in the form of a containment crystal. The crystal seems to paralyze Zelda right before Ganondorf TKs her up and teleports her away.
At 2:30, it can be seen that Ganon's Castle is floating above a sea of magma and features eternal storm clouds. At 3:10, Rauru states that the keep is further protected by six barriers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M_MLHy8t94#t=2m15s
Boss fight. Ganondorf's abilities are as follows:
2:20, the Waves of Darkness, able to paralyze Link and keep Navi sidelined throughout the entire fight.
2:40, punching the floor and destroying it.
2:48, main attack, the lightning ball. Ganondorf can use his cape to reflect the attack. His magic stuns him long enough to hit him with a Light Arrow to make him vulnerable to attack.
4:20, Ganondorf uses the last of his power to disintegrate the top floor of the tower, and then causes the castle to collapse. The full collapse is at 9:18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVM3IvsI46s
0:05, Wall of fire.
0:10, Ganondorf breaks several feet of stone with his head.
0:25, Ganon transformation.
0:43, Knocks the Master Swrd from Link's hand.
5:10, To finally defeat Ganon, Zelda holds him with light, while Link shoves the Master Sword through his face. However, he's still not dead and the six sages have to seal him.
6:55, Despite the sword through his skull, Ganondorf is still coherent and is merely sealed away rather than killed.

Wind Waker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xobIRMpzdc
Greatfish Isle is attacked by Ganondorf and is torn to pieces. Ganondorf also curses it with eternal rain and prevents the sun from rising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuq07VGQYn8#t=2m35s
Curse is confirmed and then broken by a goddess pearl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PVaKU0bA1U
Hyrule Castle, as well as several of Ganondorf's minions, is frozen in time. Notable in that Ganondorf escaped this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKucpWuE2RU&
0:40, Ganondorf reveals that the Master Sword was sealing him and his magic in the time lock, meaning he was severely weakened when he cast all the curses and made all the monsters.
1:10, Link attacks Ganndorf and fails to harm him.
1:30, Ganondorf states that a non-magical/non-holy blade can't harm him, and that the Master Sword's power is gone, making it useless against him.
2:50, Valoo, the Rito's patron Deity, delivers a blast of flame directly to Ganondorf's face and destroys his boat. Ganondorf is unharmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkxbMxG8uQ4#t=2m00s
Having kidnapped Zelda, Ganondorf leaves an illusion in her place, and again displays voice projection and long range spell casting. He makes a ring of fire and summons two Darknuts, while not even remotely nearby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRy7dN_tMik#t=1m40s
To establish the power of the Light Arrows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuts3vEpkBI&
Awesome boss fight. Ganondorf is only stunned by the Light Arrows that disintegrate any other enemy, and at 1:00 he directly tanks one.
2:30, Ganondorf is stabbed through the forehead again, and is still coherent enough to speak. He is then turned to stone, likely sealed.

Twilight Princess

Coming Soon...

NemeBro
You forgot to mention that in the boss fight with Ganondorf in Wind Waker, Ganondorf did not have the Triforce of Power.

The Scenario
Originally posted by NemeBro
You forgot to mention that in the boss fight with Ganondorf in Wind Waker, Ganondorf did not have the Triforce of Power.

Right, and this, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5DaLS8Pz90

Ganondorf steals Laruto's soul to remove the Master Sword's power.

Twilight Princess

Starting off with Zant, who was given all of his power by Ganondorf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWv2LQt8pjk#t=1m43s
Zant transforms Midna into an imp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMz6M8v0CfI#t=1m35s
Zant transforms all of the Twili into Shadow Beasts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fpBOA_rHag#t=1m30s
Zant's army of Shadow Beasts dominates Hyrules defenses, and at 3:45 Zant merges the Twilight Realm with Hyrle, turning the population into helpless spirits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-96fsedcKpQ
Zant dominates Link, Midna, and Lanayru, before exposing Midna to light. At 1:37 he confirms his power comes from Ganondorf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGKuUwdK_nY
Zant tells about his origins a little, and at 2:15 again confirms that he was given his power by Ganondorf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3BGL9z-i2w
In his fight, Zant changes the environment, creates large objects, changes his size, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp5_8WdNXa8#t=2m6s
Ganondorf's execution. After being stabbed, Ganondorf receives the Triforce of Power, and ignores the Sage's Sword, breaks the chains and disintegrates the Sage of Water with a touch. After which he finally removes the sword from his chest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sZ_PYmJSVg
2:27, Ganondorf turns to twilight particles, demonstrably intangible.
2:53, some telekinesis.
2:58, a barrier.
3:05, Ganondorf has possessed Zelda.
3:50, reforming from particles.
5:11, reforming after death in his "god" form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-z1xEoGkWA
0:21, blows up Hyrule Castle while still inside, likely killing Midna.
0:40, perfectly fine, summoned a horse, destroys the Fused Shadows.
0:52, summons several Phantoms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u1AarcfQA&NR=1#t=1m15s
Ganondorf stands up with the Master Sword still in his chest, long enough to give another speech. The Triforce of Power fades from his hand, but he doesn't die until Zant does...something. And even then he dies standing up. Maybe.

NemeBro
You probably should have elaborated that Zant had merged most of Hyrule, a country, with the Twilight realm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.