Tournament Discussion. Major Crossover Event.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Tournament Discussion. Major Crossover Event.

Greetings my name Is Id and I plan to put together a tournament.
Dark Crawler has made a fine job in laying out a fun tournament. And I plan to high jack it, and use it as blue prints to hold this one.
I plan to use Dark Crawlers - Top Tier Amalgam tournament rules for this one.

However, what separates this tournament to the other previously held tournaments.
It going to take place across 4 forum boards.

Each board will select or draft the participant. And will debate other selected members.

Right now its only on the discussion phase. But if its accepted and there is interest we could have some fun.

Cheers - Demon of the OBD.

Naruto Forum - Outskirt Battle Dome (OBD)
http://forums.narutofan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Hero chat - Its Clobbering Time (ICT)
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/board,166.0.html

Comic Book Resource - Comic Book Rumbles (CBR)
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Killer Movies Forum - Comic Book Versus Forum (KMC)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/

id369
Here are the discussions taking place in their respective boards.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t464156.html
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,149391.0.html
http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=269550
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?p=5476832#post5476832

Hopefully their will be a demand for this tournament, and I am aiming for 8 members per board.
32 members total.

DigiMark007
hysterical

*composes self*

Sorry I just...well...

hysterical

Anyway, this made my day. Enjoy your impending loss of sanity.

id369

Soljer
I don't think he was saying that he personally was against it - hell, digi has spoken about the very same thing in the past...

I think he was just trying to say that you really don't know what you've gotten yourself into.

Kudos, though.

What If...
Id just wants to take credit for being the creator of a multi-forum war that will last decades.

id369
Originally posted by Soljer
I don't think he was saying that he personally was against it - hell, digi has spoken about the very same thing in the past...

I think he was just trying to say that you really don't know what you've gotten yourself into.

Kudos, though.

Ah I see. Well this is why a discussion is made, to see if holding such tournament is within reason.
If not, ill scrap it and ask a staff member to close the topic.

Originally posted by What If...
Id just wants to take credit for being the creator of a multi-forum war that will last decades.

Endless Mike commented something similar. Would such tournament lead to multi-forum war?
I expect rivalry, and maybe a sense of pride.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by id369
Ah I see. Well this is why a discussion is made, to see if holding such tournament is within reason.
If not, ill scrap it and ask a staff member to close the topic.

Endless Mike commented something similar. Would such tournament lead to multi-forum war?

Forums have thier own voices and general ideas. No one will ever agree on anything. even if superior logic plays out. hell just look at our board. When ever a noob from another forum comes here, they throw everything into chaos becuz theydon't understand the way we debate or the rules. Or that we give credit to ALL companies characters.

id369
Edit

id369
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Forums have thier own voices and general ideas. No one will ever agree on anything. even if superior logic plays out. hell just look at our board. When ever a noob from another forum comes here, they throw everything into chaos becuz theydon't understand the way we debate or the rules. Or that we give credit to ALL companies characters.

Ah well the beauty of this tournament is. I believe Dark Crawler has held the tournament across ICT, KMC and CBR. So its nothing new.

And debate, will always be that. A debate regardless of ware its held.

King Kandy
I so totaly want to do this.

But I think you'll have to work your ass off to get this together.

TricksterPriest
I'm in, but I think you have severely underrated the difficulty of your task. wink

id369
It goes with out saying that yes, this is huge task to put together.

Which is why I am trying to keep it a simple as possible. And I am seeking out aid.
I suppose, the first order would be to see who are going the judges.

1 Judge per forum with a total of 4 judges.

And the guys from ICT and OBD are being vary helpful. Some are willing to extend some aid to see this go through. Biggest factor would be participations. If no one is willing to participate, there is no point in continuing.

So say ICT and OBD are in, yet CBR and KMC want nothing to do with this. I will just proceed with ICT and OBD crossover tournament.

In Favor of the tournament so far
King Kandy
TricksterPriest

King Kandy
I want to Judge.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by King Kandy
I want to Judge.

That would lead to problems if KMC was entered into the tournament.

If you were doing this you would have to have one forum agree to not enter, but solely be the judges of the other forum debaters. That way no forum pride/bias would interfere (at least thats whats supposed to be the case)

id369

King Kandy
Originally posted by Blair Wind
That would lead to problems if KMC was entered into the tournament.

If you were doing this you would have to have one forum agree to not enter, but solely be the judges of the other forum debaters. That way no forum pride/bias would interfere (at least thats whats supposed to be the case)
But we'd have Judges from every forum involved. It would all cancel out.

Blair Wind
But we'd have Judges from every forum involved. It would all cancel out.

Not really. What if every person from every forum voted for the person on their forum?

What if there was two CBR judges and three KMC judges and Darth or someone won the battle. The other person could complain of biased votes.

Another solution would be a way that all forums could enter. Just make sure to have all the judges not be from one of the forum debaters in the immediate match. Like if it was KMC vs CBR have all herochat judges.....or something like that.

id369
Or obtain a panel of judges outside from an outside forum.

Symmetric Chaos

What internet have you been on?

King Kandy
What if there was two CBR judges and three KMC judges and Darth or someone won the battle. The other person could complain of biased votes.
Wouldn't happen. There would be ONE Judge from every forum and only two forums would compete every match...

I don't see the problem.

darthgoober
The biggest problem here would be the fact that not all the forums function under the same set of rules and guidelines so finding a common middle ground is going to be difficult. A tourney between forums that function under CBR rules would be difficult enough to pull off, but including forums that DON'T follow CBR rules is a recipe for disaster.

I'm all for it if someone can get it set up(and will be more than willing to help get it set up), but it's going to be Hell to pull off.

King Kandy
I'll give all the help I can. Just ask.

Akuki
If you're going to have 4 judges with one from each forum how will you deal with ties?

grey fox
I am SO for this.

Why ?

Forum-war baby cool

Time to kill the competition.

Question however, why Involve CBR ? From what I understand their pretty stupid...or at least their rules are...

darthgoober
Originally posted by grey fox
I am SO for this.

Why ?

Forum-war baby cool

Time to kill the competition.

Question however, why Involve CBR ? From what I understand their pretty stupid...or at least their rules are...
I thought the KMC rules were actually based off of the CBR rules?

grey fox
Originally posted by darthgoober
I thought the KMC rules were actually based off of the CBR rules?

Really ?

Thats news to meed, what I know of CBR is that they aren't picky about the characters used in their versus forum and go with Anime chars ftw WAAAAAAAAAAAY too often for it too be considered credible posting.

King Kandy
Well obviously the tourney wouldn't include anime characters?

Right?

grey fox

Right?

We're including a Naruto forum, I'd take that as a 'Yes'.

King Kandy
We're including a Naruto forum, I'd take that as a 'Yes'.
They debate comics... Even if they have threads like "Trion Juggernaut Vs. WWHulk."

Citizen V
Really ?

Thats news to meed, what I know of CBR is that they aren't picky about the characters used in their versus forum and go with Anime chars ftw WAAAAAAAAAAAY too often for it too be considered credible posting.

Our rules are based off theirs (as most over forums out there go by average showing).

It's their moderators and huge bias that gets them the bad rep, you can get banned for the stupidest things over there, which is why I've never joined and don't intend to.

grey fox
Originally posted by Citizen V
Our rules are based off theirs (as most over forums out there go by average showing).

It's their moderators and huge bias that gets them the bad rep, you can get banned for the stupidest things over there, which is why I've never joined and don't intend to.

Ahhh 'k

Endless Mike
I've said it before and I'll say it again: No good can come of this.

I am not going to get involved

King Kandy
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I've said it before and I'll say it again: No good can come of this.

I am not going to get involved
Well since you've said it before, there was no need for this post was there? smile

Endless Mike
Just making sure the people here who didn't see it on the other forum know

Gecko4lif
Can i be a participant?

id369

Right?

Amalgam tournament permits Manga and comicbook characters.

Akuki
Cool. What are the categories for the amalgam going to be, and have you decided on a level for the tournament yet?

King Kandy
Oh...

Well, that will be intersting.

Priest
If u get this to work Id that would be pretty awesome.
Good luck with it.

id369
Originally posted by Priest
If u get this to work Id that would be pretty awesome.
Good luck with it.
Thanks, I will try to keep things as clear/simple.

Originally posted by Akuki
Cool. What are the categories for the amalgam going to be, and have you decided on a level for the tournament yet?
Herald Level.

In case of a tie - we move into round two.

So far ICT and OBD will be participating. I have little to no response from CBR. I have mixed feelings about KMC.

It seems there are, some members willing to participate. But then again, much are not so confident in the idea.

id369
Ok update.

If you are willing to participate.
The tournament itself will take place on Neutral ground.

So once you have 8 members confirmed + 1 judge.
You would have to register on the Neutral forum.

Keep in mind, I am good friends with the Owner (Super Admin).
And he upholds the forum rules.
So no flaming or personal attacks or foul language.

In doings so, you will not only be banned but will be dropped from the tournament.

There is nothing wrong with being aggressive, or using witty remarks, but this forum likes to keep its content clean.

Soon to come - The Rules of the tournament itself.

id369

Akuki
I'd like to participate. Where should we register if we want to take part. Also who should we pm to find out if a character not listed in the tier list falls under the required power level. Finally what level Herald?

Ranger Smith
Originally posted by Citizen V
you can get banned for the stupidest things over there, which is why I've never joined and don't intend to.

It's the stupidest things that get people banned on most forums!

SnazzySmurph
Apparently Herochat doesn't like us very much. oh

As for the tourney, I'd gladly be a judge.

King Kandy
the three judges (Myself, GreEnergy and Master)
I'm feeling kind of rejected.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph

where ever did you get the idea that they did in the first place? ermm

SnazzySmurph
where ever did you get the idea that they did in the first place? ermm They're jealous. schmoll

Even Beta Ray Howard... ermm

id369
I'd like to participate. Where should we register if we want to take part. Also who should we pm to find out if a character not listed in the tier list falls under the required power level. Finally what level Herald?

To register your self
http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php

The actual thread
http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php?topic=805.0

Once we have the nessear people to continue the tournament. And judges are established. You will PM me your A. Character.

I (along with the judges) will decided if he is allowed or not...well mostly the judges. I will just tell you their verdict.

Herald. For DC - GL, Superman, Black Adam, Dr. Fate etc..
Marvel. Silver Surfer, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Dr. Strange etc..

Akuki
To register your self
http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php

The actual thread
http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php?topic=805.0

Once we have the nessear people to continue the tournament. And judges are established. You will PM me your A. Character.

I (along with the judges) will decided if he is allowed or not...well mostly the judges. I will just tell you their verdict.

Herald. For DC - GL, Superman, Black Adam, Dr. Fate etc..
Marvel. Silver Surfer, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Dr. Strange etc..
Well i just went and registered. Is there somewhere where the rules are more clearly laid out?

Gecko4lif
i register for kmc.
I will change to nf if they want me thou

id369
Well i just went and registered. Is there somewhere where the rules are more clearly laid out?

Sure, their was a whole thread. Ware many of the questions ware answered in detail.

If not, I shal make one.

Akuki
Sure, their was a whole thread. Ware many of the questions ware answered in detail.

If not, I shal make one.
I guess I'm just not seeing it. Could you post a link?

id369
I guess I'm just not seeing it. Could you post a link?

I need to find it. Give me a day or two at the most. - sorry

Gecko4lif
Drop the level of item your allowed

It serverely botches the tourney

Drop it to anything BELOW infinity gem

id369
KMC
Akuki - KMC.
Gecko4lif - KMC

OBD
Id - OBD
EvilMoogle - OBD

CBR
Spider69

Gecko4lif
Drop the level of item

batdude123
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph

F*ck herochat. The people over there are quite annoying.

darthgoober
Just to make sure I'm not stepping on anyones toes...

Would anyone object to my signing up on behalf of KMC?

Akuki
Just to make sure I'm not stepping on anyones toes...

Would anyone object to my signing up on behalf of KMC?
Nope, In fact i'd be really glad if you joined.

Soljer
I'd love to help out as a judge, if needed.

Sirius77
I'm kind of confused...
What are you guys planning?

darthgoober
Nope, In fact i'd be really glad if you joined.
Well since no one seems to mind I guess I will big grin ....

darthgoober
Will we be facing the other KMC reps, or just the people from the other forums?

grey fox
I'm considering ...need some old bood in this Tourny...

Ethereal
I'll be a judge. I post on herochat, and I used to have an account on CBR, but the place is way too crowded. Anyway, yeah...I'd be pretty unbiased.

:/

Blair Wind
Will we be facing the other KMC reps, or just the people from the other forums?

If they do partner battles, Ill hook up with you if you want.

And IF need be, Ill do singles....but Ima kinda pooped from the last tournament.

darthgoober
If they do partner battles, Ill hook up with you if you want.

And IF need be, Ill do singles....but Ima kinda pooped from the last tournament.
That sounds cool to me. I could see the two of us kicking quite a bit of ass together in fact...

Soljer
I've heard absolutely nothing about this lately...

Anything?

TricksterPriest
I'll fight for KMC. cool

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'll fight for KMC. cool

I think you'd better concern yourself with fighting for Darkseid for now, stick out tongue.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Soljer
I think you'd better concern yourself with fighting for Darkseid for now, stick out tongue.

durkseid>>thanduros. 131

Soljer
durkseid>>thanduros. 131

Then go prove it. It's your post.

TricksterPriest
I think I'm gonna chill for the day. I've got more important things to do right now.

Soljer
I think I'm gonna chill for the day. I've got more important things to do right now.

Awww! I was so entertained by you two's back and forth, too.

Grifter07
Wow this worked. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.