Favorite Artist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bat Dude
To quote the next poster, "This has been done to death..."

Yes it has, but we've gotten a lot of new users since then, and I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite Batman artist is...

(And, not to spam, but someone please give feedback on my Original Franchise thread. I want to know what is good and what can be better before I start re-writing Batman Returns)

Mine is definitely Neal Adams... THE Batman in my opinion...

SilverSloth
Norm Breyfogle. He was the first artist I can remember when i started to seriously read Batman and 'Tec. something about his art was just so cool.

Bat Dude
I've never seen his art, is there somewhere online I can see it? (I don't remember him if he were a guy from the past, and I don't follow the recent comics)

WrathfulDwarf
Each artists have their own unique style of portraying the Dark Knight. Given the choices I'd say that for me is Jim Aparo.

Aside from illustrating a great Batman in the 80's he is also captures the spirit of madness in the Joker. One of the most disturbing images (at least for me) he ever put in a comic book was the brutal and cruel beating of Jason Todd. Even to this day it disturb me to see Robin brutally beating The Joker.

SilverSloth
Originally posted by SilverSloth
Norm Breyfogle. He was the first artist I can remember when i started to seriously read Batman and 'Tec. something about his art was just so cool.

He did the first three issues of Knightfall vol.1 , failing that you can check some out on his official site.

claybird
jim lee of course, he totally kicks ass big grin

Joseph_Kerr
Adams, Breyfogle and Jones (which he's not listed). I know, I'm one of the few who actually likes Kelly Jones art work.

Joseph_Kerr
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I've never seen his art, is there somewhere online I can see it? (I don't remember him if he were a guy from the past, and I don't follow the recent comics)

http://www.normbreyfogle.com/

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr

Norm Breyfogle is a good one. But I've liked all the Batman artists.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr

He's pretty good... I like it... Not as much as Neal Adams, but definitely ranks high, now...

willRules
I voted for Jim lee. I loved Batman: Hush yes In fact I'm writing a Batman vs Hush story in the hypothetical vs thread in the comic vs forum yes

Darth Martin
Alex Ross= Classic version of Bats. Makes everything look real.

Jim Lee= Ideal version of Batman, especially during the HUSH storyline. Dark, gritty, and mean.

Endrict Nuul
Jim Lee hands down....

SnakeEyes
Jim Lee draws Batman very well; like others have mentioned, the Hush storyline has great art by him. And of course Alex Ross excels in almost anything he does, which includes Batman.

I do like Tim Sale though. It took a while for his art to grow on me, but it finally did after reading "The Long Halloween." For some reason I think it fits the mood of that graphic novel.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Jim Lee hands down....

and alex ross

marwash22
JOSH MIDDLETON and SALVADOR LAROCCA.
Alex Ross is great at photo-realism but his female portrails all look like they should be playing in the WNBA.

marwash22
Oh and i think its a crime neither were included in the poll. for shame!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.