How far can YOU get with a Green Lantern Ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
You have a month to train yourself on using the Ring. How far do you get in the following gauntlet? You have to at least KO your opponent to advance to the next round.

No BFR

1. Wolverine
2. Storm
3. Iron Man
4. Hulk
5. Thor
6. Superman

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/42000/41148/119902-green-lantern_400.jpg

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by masterbruce
You have a month to train yourself on using the Ring. How far do you get in the following gauntlet? You have to at least KO your opponent to advance to the next round.

No BFR

1. Wolverine
2. Storm
3. Iron Man
4. Hulk
5. Thor
6. Superman

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/42000/41148/119902-green-lantern_400.jpg KO? wth(ell) would you put Wolvie first? no expression

masterbruce

leonheartmm
lmao, all of em will die if i got my hands on a GL ring.

Draco69
There's not a single person here who has the willpower or the fearlessness to wield a power ring...

erm

Even with a month of training....

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Draco69
There's not a single person here who has the willpower or the fearlessness to wield a power ring...

erm

Even with a month of training....

Speak for your self. being a black gay man in chicago gives me plenty of will power and fearlessness.

masterbruce
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Speak for your self. being a black gay man in chicago gives me plenty of will power and fearlessness.

how far would you get?

Draco69
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

Meh. Maybe you'll get a sparkle or two...

nvrbeenwthagirl
what's wrong with putting Logan first?

Hulk.

Martian_mind
Child at my school>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black man in chicago.

not just me,anyone who makes it at my school.

quanchi112
i lose to hulk. hes a beast and then i realize dammit i have become cannon fodder like so many before me.

grey fox
Do I get the battery as well ?

leonheartmm
well speak for yourself. hal gordan's willpower pales in comparison to mine.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by leonheartmm
well speak for yourself. hal gordan's willpower pales in comparison to mine.
Its jordan and lol hulk would own you along with anyone else here.

Erik-Lensherr
Honestly , I'd probably clear it . In a month , while training with the ring I'd also formulate a plan to take down the last 3 individually .

Martian_mind
My plan.

Learn to fly away,really,really quickly.

leonheartmm
i wud deconstruct reality with the gl ring. "J"ordan wont hold a candle. nor will kyle. their will is trumped by mine.

Gecko4lif
hulk may be a problem but the other would be cake with my willpower

LeAtHerRFace
why is wolverine first? he would give green lantern beatings!!

Soljer
Leon's gotta be the next JP.

roll eyes (sarcastic).

masterbruce
personally, I think I could get to Thor

King Kandy
Originally posted by Soljer
Leon's gotta be the next JP.

roll eyes (sarcastic).
Did you know Leon can warp reality better then MJJ?

K3VIL
NO BFR
1. Wolverine
2. Storm
3. Iron Man
4. Hulk
5. Thor
6. Superman
I would make it up to Thor and then loose.
With a month to train, I would use the first 3/4 days to build up my link with the ring and then travel to outerspace seeking Kilowog to receive some important basics and then continue on my path till the fight day.
1.Wolverine
After being smacked down from Hulk, Logan would cripple any guy dressed in green to gain back some revenge, unlucky for him, a power ring is more than physical power.Some concussive force blasts equal to 5k of TNT and then a storm of spikes and medieval maces will put him down.
2.Storm
Ororo is da shit right now, so I would attack her from distance, and then use the ring to open a portal and bring her in some close enviroment, where here phobia of small spaces will bring me some advantage, then engage her in close combat surrounded by a green light battle armor, and knock her unconscious.
3.Iron Man
Tony would go down even faster.Just blast him.His armor can absorb external energy sources, but up to which level?I'm sure that focusing well and blast of the size of those Cyclops can create will overload his armor and sent it short circuit.
4.Hulk
Hit and move that's the key.Ranged assoults, see huge rocket launchers and blasts made of gravitational force/heat, to hold the Jade Giant, and then I'll build 2robots, a big one for melee fight, a flying one that will hit from distance, and I'll use the remaining will power to stuck in Hulk's chest a bomb, enough powerful to level let's say an area equal to texas, and here u go.Ripped apart, he's defeated.

bobbi
with hulk we should know enough to stay as far away from him as we can and sap his gamma radiation so he won't be too bad. Can we form bubbles in peoples brains? should be able to at least suffocate em fairly easily. with our comic knowledge I think we can take down a lot of these guys assuming we can get that gl ring to do anything.

I'd say the average person here can get to thor.

Power16
I'm above average(stick out tongue) so i say i clear it plus i'm mad of win....so you decide. yes

cmack
i personally go down at iron man

Symmetric Chaos
I'd do better with a yellow ring ermm

DigiMark007
I'd clear it.

cool

Seriously though, I'd lose to Thor, who is actually a bigger threat to a GL than Supes (energy absorb is a killer). But there's no way I'd let myself lose to Hulk. No. Freaking. Way. I'd consider it a personal blow to fanboys everywhere.

King_Mungi
I'm lazy, so I wouldn't do very well. Unless I will my ring to scratch my back for me.

Hannibal-Lector
Originally posted by cmack
i personally go down at iron man

Finally we got a semi realistic person here... People on forums always talk big on forums like this... At most i doubt any 1 will make it past storm (thats including me). People will say "honestly" about themselves and wut not but in reality lets say you were put in situations such as the Saw movies... could you cut out your own eye for a key? many will say yes but VERY few actually will. Your willpower is not as great as you think

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
Finally we got a semi realistic person here... People on forums always talk big on forums like this... At most i doubt any 1 will make it past storm (thats including me). People will say "honestly" about themselves and wut not but in reality lets say you were put in situations such as the Saw movies... could you cut out your own eye for a key? many will say yes but VERY few actually will. Your willpower is not as great as you think

...that's not exactly willpower, though I agree that most people overrate themselves. What you describe there has to do more with pain tolerance and/or overcoming a fear of death. Overcoming fear can be a willpower-trait, but there's obviously other things involved.

Symmetric Chaos
People on forums always talk big on forums like this...

For the record I've never thought anybody took stuff like "I could beat CaptainAmerica with a spoon" seriously.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
For the record I've never thought anybody took stuff like "I could beat CaptainAmerica with a spoon" seriously.

Yeah that's crazy talk, spoon?..no, fork? yes.

OWnZZ U!

DigiMark007
laughing out loud

masterbruce
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Seriously though, I'd lose to Thor, who is actually a bigger threat to a GL than Supes (energy absorb is a killer).

The reason I put Superman above Thor is

1: Superspeed...if he speedblitzes you, you're pretty much helpless.

2: Superman uses more of his powers than Thor. It is unlikely that Thor will resort to his fancy tricks.

2damnloud
No one here is gettin' past Ororo.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Yea actually alot of people can,storm is weaksauce.

TricksterPriest
I'd clear it.

cool

Seriously though, I'd lose to Thor, who is actually a bigger threat to a GL than Supes (energy absorb is a killer). But there's no way I'd let myself lose to Hulk. No. Freaking. Way. I'd consider it a personal blow to fanboys everywhere.

Good answer. thumb up Current Thor is actually a bigger problem than Classic. Classic Thor would occasionally act stupid and forget that he was the freaking god of thunder, and regress into Thundarr the barbarian. laughing out loud

Current Thor on the other hand.........he's no longer so stupid.

Nobody here would get past Thor going all out. The only chance we would have is if he acted like Hulk with a mallet. And even if you get past Thor, Supes will blitz up next to you, and then flick your head off with his pinky. stick out tongue

But Hulk? hysterical Anybody on here who really understands how a GL ring works would cream Hulk. and a few of us who know all the crazy stuff that GLs have done (Digi, Blair, Draco, etc) might get past Thor, if they're lucky.

Hannibal-Lector
For once i agree with you (although i bet for different reasons)

Erik-Lensherr

Because

A well-written Storm is probabaly beyond herald-level.

If she was to go against any GL, I bet you any amount of money she'd win.

right ?

laughing

Hannibal-Lector
An actual Green lantern is much different than 1 of us with a green lantern ring....a current green lantern would be storm but 9 out of 10 of us wouldnt have the will power to use it efficiently (which really doesnt have anything to do wtih the month prep cause you really dont increase your willpower over time... although you could find the creative stuff you can do). Also your knowledge of green lantern does not increase your will power...

masterbruce
it depends though, some of us may use the Ring with more deadly force than the GLs in comics

Hannibal-Lector
it depends though, some of us may use the Ring with more deadly force than the GLs in comics

Yeah but honestly... although some of us may be more creative than greenlanterns, how much will power does one have who goes on forum debates for his weekends

vlaaad12345
Yeah but honestly... although some of us may be more creative than greenlanterns, how much will power does one have who goes on forum debates for his weekends
That has nothing to do with willpower so I fail to see the relevance,I could kill storm and rather easily.

masterbruce

dood, do you know how much willpower it takes for me to come on KMC versus forums on weekends rather than spending time in bed with my hot blonde girlfriend?

A DAMN LOT, I TELL YA!!!

SevenShackles
will power? i got that, i not gonna spill my personal life but iv read comics, have a great imagination and give me a month with a power ring and ill come up with some twisted and effective shit once i get over the 'omfg im green lantern' phase.

wolverine in his little yellow outfit? i mean i thought all rookies now had that yellow issue. but yeah me vs wolverine? he is beat. all i need is some distance, fly. make him all punchy, blood loss. he'd go KO.

id pwn storm. trap her in a box with spikes, my mind is fast when it needs to be id blitz her. shes not a big threat, a threat sure, but not a big one. id kill her.

i destroy ironman. i unleash my fury on that ******* and dont leave enough of him around for anyone to really know what happen to him. but i win.

hulk? ....which hulk?... hit and run tact, and when that fails ill try to absorb his gamma radiation or something, if tech can do it an all powerful ring can XD if anything and it looks grim given my position ill flee or more than likely unleash hell and pour it on him till i have no charge left. ring could probly make something to simulate sentry light? if its not WWH could calm him down enough for a full power attack to KO. who knows? this fight can go alot of ways, few have me wining and given how id fight fewer have me living.

Thor would pwn me. i would do all i could, get a hit in at least/most. i lose. i go down. and hard.

Superman, id want to kill him, id want to beat him within a inch of his life. but id lose the fight and my ring...then id go all badass with a series of comeback attempt with a yellow ring.

i stop at Hulk if not him. Thor.

ill also beat the crap out of the thing on my lunch break and assualt Shield on my weekend.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/42000/41148/130604-green-lantern_400.jpg
this is why im green lantern! (catchphrase)

Magee
Green Lanterns can't use deadly force, the ring shuts off when they try. Not many people would have enough will power to use it like Lanterns in comics, you would be lucky if you could make you're self fly. Also will power is not some thing you can increase over time, green arrow was barely able to fire off an arrow with a ring before collapsing and I imagine his will power is not that bad considering what he has been through.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
"In brightest day, In blackest night."
"No evil shall escape my sight."
"Let those who worship evil's might"
"Beware my power, DARKLORDCAEDUS's Light."
laughing

These guys are going sown.

2damnloud
Nope, noone's getting past Storm.

Hell, she'd probably PWN Hal.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Magee
Green Lanterns can't use deadly force, the ring shuts off when they try.

Thats not true at the moment.

vlaaad12345

Storm couldnt pwn a rookie gl let alone a veteran one.

Estacado

You fail.thumb down

Gecko4lif
I would clear

Why is this?

I would be ion or parallax because i would absorb the main gl battery

Why?

BECAUSE IM NOT A RETARD!

pr1983

No BFR

1. Wolverine
2. Storm
3. Iron Man
4. Hulk
5. Thor
6. Superman

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/42000/41148/119902-green-lantern_400.jpg

assuming i can go to oa and train with kilowog (and i have all the comic knowledge i have now), and i can actually use the ring (it did pick me after all, so i must be doing something right in this scenario), i'd be what, an entry level rookie?

logan & storm are ktfo relatively quickly if i'm at all useful with the ring...

iron man would be a challenge, but again, assuming the ring picked me, and i didnt just find it on the street, i could probably shade the win, but that depends completely on my ability to keep my shields up against his attacks... then i'd scan the suit, and try to find the easiest way to disassemble it without killing him... that or try to duplicate a high level emp...

if hulk is wwh, yeah, i'm a goner... doesnt mean i'd go down easy though...

thor or superman? not a chance...

of course that's all completely hypothetical...

2damnloud
No one's still getting past Storm.

You're dead before you can get your little respective "thoughts" together.

Bouboumaster
I would stop, like every others Green Lantern, at Thor.

pr1983

laughing out loud

you're funny...

i'd just pretend storm was you, that should be more than enough incentive...

ring>>>>>>>>>>>>storm...

vlaaad12345

Autoshields,surround storm in a bubble and shrink the bubble.

2damnloud
Originally posted by pr1983
laughing out loud

you're funny...

i'd just pretend storm was you, that should be more than enough incentive...

ring>>>>>>>>>>>>storm...

laughing @ her speedblitzing the living f*ck outta you.

Symmetric Chaos

laughing @ the idea of Storm blitzing anything

2damnloud
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Autoshields,surround storm in a bubble and shrink the bubble.

Like she wouldn't DODGE that.
laughing out loud

Anyway, you all stop at Storm.

pr1983

read a gl comic, then try again...

as for taking down the actual competitors...

Logan: I'd create a cyclops construct, and let the ring scan my mind, taking note of cyclops' abilities, then i'd make two more cyclops constructs, and blast the shit out of logan till he was unconscious...

Storm: Keep a shield up so that she can't penetrate it, then, giant pimp hand ftw...

iron man:

hulk: i'd try any way possible to calm him down, anything at all... maybe that'd do it, otherwise, no...

thor and superman again, no chance...

2damnloud
laughing @ the idea of Storm blitzing anything

None of you on this board even have .....hell, I don't know......non-geek reation time. laughing

It should be easy just to fly at over 500 mph and do whatever she wants to.

vlaaad12345
Like she wouldn't DODGE that.
laughing out loud

Anyway, you all stop at Storm.
No actually she couldnt dodge a gl construct instantly appearing around her,storm gets raped she isnt very strong,and gls are ftl.

Symmetric Chaos
None of you on this board even have .....hell, I don't know......non-geek reation time. laughing

Seeing as how several people on this board practice martial arts and the ring can improve reaction times I don't really see your point.

Read just a single comic with a GL in it.

2damnloud
No actually she couldnt dodge a gl construct instantly appearing around her,storm gets raped she isnt very strong,and gls are ftl.

It comes out of the ring unless you can provide a scan that shows what you suggest.

And she either busrst out easily or attacks you from inside breaking your very adolescent concentration.

pr1983
storm gets raped

i wouldnt go THAT far... god, i'd have some standards...

batdude123

Do you understand the concept of auto-shields, or are you just THAT stupid?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by batdude123
Do you understand the concept of auto-shields, or are you just THAT stupid?

Any questions that aren't retarded?

2damnloud
Seeing as how several people on this board practice martial arts and the ring can improve reaction times I don't really see your point.

laughing @ "martial Arts" as if that matters. Think critically.

Prove that it improves reaction time. No circumstantial evidence either.

oooo, Auto shields. It's not like you would have the will to keep them strong while getting the crap kicked out of you.

Like I said, None of you will get past my girl smokin'

pr1983

your girl? confused

batdude123

oooo, Auto shields. It's not like you would have the will to keep them strong while get the crap kicked out of you.

The point of "auto-shields" is that your will is not controlling them. Rather, it is the sentience of the ring that conjures it up.

And please, for the love of God, restrain yourself from saying anything too retarded in response.

Symmetric Chaos

Catching paintballs without breaking them. Multiple times. On camera.

oooo, Auto shields. It's not like you would have the will to keep them strong while getting the crap kicked out of you.

Thanks to Storm's immense superstrength I'm sure.

pr1983

laughing

2damnloud
Catching paintballs without breaking them. Multiple times. On camera.

Did you do that?? confused

Doesn't take that. All it takes are multiple heavy objects thrown at super-sonic speeds omnidirectionally. Just like super-strength

laughing @ the majority of you being afraid of heights. Probably won't get off the gorund.

Nope, not getting past.

2damnloud
Im over here craking up at the throught of some of you having a GL ring trying to fight someone.

masterbruce

hulk: i'd try any way possible to calm him down, anything at all... maybe that'd do it, otherwise, no...

against the hulk: would this work?

just stay really high in the sky, a distance above where he can jump to or where you can dodge if he does jump at you

then just unleash hell, let your imagination run loose on the friggin Hulk

pr1983
Im over here craking up at the throught of some of you having a GL ring trying to fight someone.

i'm cracking up at the thought of you actually believing all this crap...

i was actually in a pretty bad mood coming onto kmc...

thx for making me laugh 2damn, i appreciate it...

and storm = black panther's girl...

batdude123
and storm = black panther's girl...

More like Black Panther's *****.

pr1983

masterbruce
but it has to knock him out... it would take a hell of alot of willpower just to hurt the guy in any considerable way...

you'd have to drop a skyscraper on the guy just to affect him...

and what's to stop you from dropping multiple skyscrapers or mountains or whatever your imagination pleases?

he can't reach you, so he has to battle your energy creations all day until he gives out...which I realize may take quite awhile

batdude123
Me: "Ring, atomize Storm's head for me."
Ring: "Sure thing."

or

Me: "Ring, set to auto fire on anything moving faster than 100mph."
Ring: "No problem."

Symmetric Chaos
but it has to knock him out... it would take a hell of alot of willpower just to hurt the guy in any considerable way...

you'd have to drop a skyscraper on the guy just to affect him...

Or you could toss him into space cool

pr1983
and what's to stop you from dropping multiple skyscrapers or mountains or whatever your imagination pleases?

he can't reach you, so he has to battle your energy creations all day until he gives out...which I realize may take quite awhile

but creating an energy blast is going to take a hell of alot less effort than lifting a mountain...

and with one months training? i dont think so... unless you're a prodigy with the ring...

or

pretty much...

Or you could toss him into space cool

i thought there was no bfr... and it still has to knock him out, remember? cant hulk survive in a vacuum?

2damnloud

or

1st example

laughing @ you being dead when the "r" sound first enters your consciouness

2nd example:

see first example.

batdude123
1st example

laughing @ you being dead when the "r" sound first enters your consciouness

2nd example:

see first example.

She isn't doing shit to the ring's auto shields. smile

2damnloud
She isn't doing shit to the ring's auto shields. smile

I'm not going to derail this thread any longer, ok.

My last thought is: who says she'd have to do anything to the autoshields? She works her powers THROUGH shields since there is an atmosphere or electrons in it (skin-tight or not)

She's worked her powers through Magneto's personal shields.

Again, you'd be dead. sad

Everyone stops at Storm. smokin'

The end.

Symmetric Chaos
i thought there was no bfr... and it still has to knock him out, remember? cant hulk survive in a vacuum?

Ah, my mistake. Yeah Hulk's just about the limit for a normal person then.

pr1983
Ah, my mistake. Yeah Hulk's just about the limit for a normal person then.

not for want of trying though... i'd say most would drain the charge just trying to hurt the guy...

see, now i'm wondering what kind of constructs i'd use...

vlaaad12345
I'm not going to derail this thread any longer, ok.

My last thought is: who says she'd have to do anything to the autoshields? She works her powers THROUGH shields since there is an atmosphere or electrons in it (skin-tight or not)

She's worked her powers through Magneto's personal shields.

Again, you'd be dead. sad

Everyone stops at Storm. smokin'

The end.
Magnetos shields arent skin tight and arent automatic regardless of his will,gl auto shields will automatically save the life of the rings user,set ring on auto and sit back and relax while it does all the work.

superkronick92
I could get to Thor without using the Ring no expression

Soljer
A lantern, especially a forum-lantern would likely have more trouble with Wolverine than Storm, depending on the starting distances and what not.

Soljer
Originally posted by superkronick92
I could get to Thor without using the Ring no expression

Pussy. I could beat him without using the ring or my eyes. no expression.

Symmetric Chaos
Pussy. I could beat him without using the ring or my eyes. no expression.

Firing lasers out your arse is usually frowned upon in forum battles.

pr1983

usually...

Soljer

What about lightning?

Fire from my eyes?

superkronick92

Why can't KMC be more tolerant of people who can fire lasers out of our arses..... big grin

batdude123
Originally posted by superkronick92
Why can't KMC be more tolerant of people who can fire lasers out of our arses..... big grin

Because we don't like your kind around here.

superkronick92
Why can't you just accept that we're here to stay

Symmetric Chaos
What about lightning?

Slightly more acceptable.

Fire from my eyes?

You said you wouldn't need to open your eyes to win.

Soljer
Slightly more acceptable.

You said you wouldn't need to open your eyes to win.

Who says that they must be open to shoot fire?

Swanky-Tuna
Assuming to you can do anything with the ring as long as you have the willpower, what's to stop you from transforming yourself giving yourself the physical ability to tap into the oan energy? Or any other energy for that matter. Make myself into a Silver Swanky or something.

But for realsies, I think I would get to Hulk then I'd be mentally defeated unless I can put him into orbit to gather myself. Even then, that's if I can do it without his pounding on my constructs messing me up, which I kind of doubt, which is the problem.

Wolverine would be easy, especially with my "dark water from Pirates of Dark Water" ring style I think I'll have.

Storm would be easy because of the ring's energy absorption and the passive shielding. Storm has never worked through a Green Lantern shield so assuming all shields are created equal would be unintelligent.

And Ironman is wearing a computer and a robot. I know it's comic book technology but if you remove a colon from its scripts I'm sure a lot of stuff will be F'd up. Plus you can just drain his suit.

Thats not true at the moment.
That's good, I thought I was screwed for a moment.

You don't even know who "Hal" is, you just bring him up because you read Green Lantern fans mention the name.

your girl? confused
Were you around when I called rudy and 2damn on being really emotionally invested in Storm and one or both of them said they were just like casual fans, casually calling it like they saw it?

Does anyone remember that?

zbucsz
ill prob kill myself trying to fly

pr1983
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Were you around when I called rudy and 2damn on being really emotionally invested in Storm and one or both of them said they were just like casual fans, casually calling it like they saw it?

Does anyone remember that?

No... i'm sorry i missed that... dang...

2damnloud
None of you are gettin' past Storm.

Sowwy smokin'

pr1983
Originally posted by zbucsz
ill prob kill myself trying to fly

lol, the ring would protect you, as soon as you'd come close to hitting something, it'd pull you away...

Symmetric Chaos
Who says that they must be open to shoot fire?

Well . . . um . . .

crazy

SevenShackles
wolverine scares me more than storm does in this, she is the weakest one on the enemy lineup to overcome so i dont get this storm talk.

honestly tho wouldnt people be at rookie level ? i thought rookies still had that issue with yellow, so is wolverine wearing the horribly bright yellow outfit or not? and does it have any sort of effect on anything?

id take hulk into space, i much rather fight him in space, with any luck his own momentum would send him into the sun or some crap.

pr1983
Originally posted by SevenShackles
wolverine scares me more than storm does in this, she is the weakest one on the enemy lineup to overcome so i dont get this storm talk.

honestly tho wouldnt people be at rookie level ? i thought rookies still had that issue with yellow, so is wolverine wearing the horribly bright yellow outfit or not? and does it have any sort of effect on anything?

id take hulk into space, i much rather fight him in space, with any luck his own momentum would send him into the sun or some crap.

if logan is wearing something yellow, you can always hurl heavy stuff at him, cars, small buildings etc...

SevenShackles
if logan is wearing something yellow, you can always hurl heavy stuff at him, cars, small buildings etc...

small buildings FTW

Swanky-Tuna
His own shoes.

DigiMark007
Hal freaking shrunk the Shaggy Man way back in the day (Pre-Crisis I think, though PC feats are in continuity for the Corps). I'd love to do that to Hulk, then make fun of his infinite strength when he's about an inch tall.

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
But Hulk? hysterical Anybody on here who really understands how a GL ring works would cream Hulk. and a few of us who know all the crazy stuff that GLs have done (Digi, Blair, Draco, etc) might get past Thor, if they're lucky.

*glows at the reference*

But yes, I agree with your assessment. Turn off CIS (I'm moderately sure I could accomplish that if given a ring) and any GL is >>> Hulk.

Also, someone needs to dig up my You as a GL vs. Galactus thread. Priceless stuff.

:nerd:

gogogadgetgo
ummm, storm?

seriouslly, it drained greenarrow big time just to be able to use the ring to project a single arrow. and he's a comic hero and comic heros will power are crazy.

in one month i'd probably just learn how to use the ring to make braces or something which will be just strong enough to hold wolvie. but against storm? i'd probably get toast

pr1983
Originally posted by SevenShackles
small buildings FTW

big grin

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
His own shoes.

yes

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
ummm, storm?

seriouslly, it drained greenarrow big time just to be able to use the ring to project a single arrow. and he's a comic hero and comic heros will power are crazy.

in one month i'd probably just learn how to use the ring to make braces or something which will be just strong enough to hold wolvie. but against storm? i'd probably get toast

green arrow's willpower is cynical, so the ring wouldnt work as easily for him as it would for others... he'd also watched his best friend go mad with that same power... that would have a big impact imo...

assuming the ring picked a forum member, someone like that who is pretty much of the opinion 'holy shit this is really a gl ring, man i can't screw this up, this is gonna be so cool,' would probably be better equipped for it in the sense that they'd be less cynical than someone like ollie...

Hal freaking shrunk the Shaggy Man way back in the day (Pre-Crisis I think, though PC feats are in continuity for the Corps). I'd love to do that to Hulk, then make fun of his infinite strength when he's about an inch tall.:nerd:

oooh, hadnt thought of that...

i'd turn his lungs intangible, make him pass out... that might work... shrug

Symmetric Chaos
Hal freaking shrunk the Shaggy Man way back in the day (Pre-Crisis I think, though PC feats are in continuity for the Corps). I'd love to do that to Hulk, then make fun of his infinite strength when he's about an inch tall.

*glows at the reference*

But yes, I agree with your assessment. Turn off CIS (I'm moderately sure I could accomplish that if given a ring) and any GL is >>> Hulk.

Also, someone needs to dig up my You as a GL vs. Galactus thread. Priceless stuff.

:nerd:

Except that doing stuff like that takes far more willpower than anyone here is going to be providing. You'd likely be better than a rookie since you've got a good idea of the ring's potential but utilizing it is the hard part.

leonheartmm
my argument:

GL willpower=writer's creativity/imagination

i believe i have a bigger imagination and willingness to use it than any GL writer. hence ME>>>any gl in existance.

i wud disrupt exitance, or the opposition's soul

pr1983
Except that doing stuff like that takes far more willpower than anyone here is going to be providing. You'd likely be better than a rookie since you've got a good idea of the ring's potential but utilizing it is the hard part.

how do you know we're not all secretly superheroes? well? schmoll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.