Youko Kurama Vs. Sesshomaru

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild-Cherry
Yey or Nej?

And tell why wink

( Btw, for those of you who think the answer is OH SO obvious, I've had this discussion quite a few times, and heard very good reasons from both sides. )

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/ookami_13/kurama-youko-whip.jpghttp://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/lenin182/1124762125_sesshomaru.jpg

chickenlover98
kurama. im basing this on he slices him in half with the vine.

chickenlover98
i need to watch yu yu again. inuyasha is so boring and sappy it sucks.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by chickenlover98
i need to watch yu yu again. inuyasha is so boring and sappy it sucks.

I agree with you completely. To me, Inu-Yasha is one of the most overrated anime of all time. It was so boring, and after trying to get into it for over 80 episodes, I finally just gave up. Its also really repetitive, with a plot that goes absolutely nowhere.

Yu Yu Hakusho, on the other hand, is one of my favorite anime of all time, and is quite underrated by so many people these days.

As for the match-up, I really cannot say, since I never finished the anime series for Inu-Yasha, and since the manga is still continuing. I don't really know how strong Seshomaru is, but I would be surprised if he is on the level of and S class demon from Yu Yu Hakusho.

Gregory
I'm not really familiar with YYH, but I always understood it to take place at a higher power level than IY. Doesn't Yusuke blow up a mountain or something?

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Gregory
I'm not really familiar with YYH, but I always understood it to take place at a higher power level than IY. Doesn't Yusuke blow up a mountain or something?

Yes, and he does it with ease. Also, it was only at the end of the Chapter Black arc. He's at least twice as strong by the end of the series (and it was mentioned by Genkai that he has the "potential" to be able to destroy a planet).

Violent2Dope
Yoko crushes him. no expression

Uchiha Sasuke
Originally posted by chickenlover98
kurama. im basing this on he slices him in half with the vine.

Yeah but Sesshomaru also has his Energy Whip. It can slice through almost anything, and if it does fail it has the effect of poison akin burning him extremely bad.

chickenlover98
or ya know kurama could speedblitz. by the end of the last arc they were damn fast.

Uchiha Sasuke
So was Sesshomaru.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Uchiha Sasuke
So was Sesshomaru.

Not nearly as fast as an A or S class demon though. At least not from what I've seen of him.

Uchiha Sasuke
His instantaneous power grants him the ability to move faster than the eye can see; both on land and through the air. When he does this in the anime, he leaves behind afterimages. He can also instantaneously close long distances without being detected by others. In the Manga he's even faster. Besides he can Teleport no way Kurama could beat that.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Uchiha Sasuke
His instantaneous power grants him the ability to move faster than the eye can see; both on land and through the air. When he does this in the anime, he leaves behind afterimages. He can also instantaneously close long distances without being detected by others. In the Manga he's even faster. Besides he can Teleport no way Kurama could beat that.

All the stuff that you have mentioned, are things that can EASILY be done by common demons (most of which are D class). Plenty of anime characters can move faster than the eye can see, for that matter.

Afterimages is no real indication of speed. I mean, Rinku isn't that fast compared to other YYH characters, but he was able to create after images. Hell, Rurouni Kenshin characters, who are only HUMAN, can create afterimages easily (characters such as Kenshin, Saito, and Aoshi). Afterimages mean absolutely nothing.

Kurama doesn't need rediculous speed. He can grow/sprout a whole F*ing forest instantaneosly, and use the trees for cover. Not only that, but he can use the evironment as a weapon (and Seshomaru won't be able to travel to quickly with all of these sprouting trees in his way). Also, if Kurama transforms into Yoko Kurama, than he will be faster than Seshomaru. Kurama also possesses a plant, that takes the form of wings, and allows him to fly as well, which won't give Seshomaru and advantage, if he can indeed speed through the air.

Also, let me just say that Seshomaru, who is not even on the level of an S class demon from what you have mentioned, has some powerful attacks, however none of them that I have seen, are on the level of an S class demon's attack. Shigure, on the other hand, who was an S class demon/swordsman, could not cut through some of Kurama's thick trees. If he couldn't do it, than there's no way that Seshomaru could even hope ot do so.

And here is the killer. Kurama is known for strategy. Seshomaru, on the other hand, will most likely understimate him. Well I can tell you that all Kurama has to do, is use this to his advantage, as he has done before. All he has to do attack a death seed to Seshomaru, and he is as good as dead. It is a small seed, that would be nearly impossible to detct, if Kurama flicked it at him, or attached it to his rose whip, and lashed, cut, or pierced it, into Sehsomaru's skin. It would basically feed off of Seshomaru's demonic energy, and sprout within seconds, piercing all of his major organs simultaneously, and holding itself in that position (so there is no chance of Seshomaru healing or regenerating any of his organs, if he can even do that).

Like I said, I'm not sure because I haven't seen all of IY. However, Seshomaru will have to do a lot better than what you mentioned, to stand a chance against Kurama (unless we're talking about Kurama from some earlier point in the series).

Akuki
At the current moment, Sesshomaru could probably take kurama up to chapter black, but not at his 3 kings levels. Over the course of the course of the series Sesshomaru has had some very powerful weapons, a sword that creates a black sphere that instantly transports any opponent to the realm of death for a win via BFR, and he now currently possesses an energy sword that not only negates any healing factor, but in fact as a virus destroying an opponent from the inside out. Add in the fact that he has tenseiga which produces a force field that has blocked attacks that could level mountains and he's got a pretty decent shot at this. Also keep in mind that even at the very beginning of the series Sesshomaru was fast enough to block around 12 bullets from completely different sides and send them all richicheting back into the people who fired them, and he wasn't even trying, plus he's gotten faster since.

Uchiha Sasuke
Thnx! Akuki. big grin

WrathfulDwarf
They do look alike very much. hmm

Wild-Cherry
Originally posted by ensatsu-ken
Not nearly as fast as an A or S class demon though. At least not from what I've seen of him. Ah...one of the answers I was looking for wink

And, btw as for my personal opinion, It's Kurama - but I'd love for someone to challange that stick out tongue
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
They do look alike very much. hmm Don't they? big grin

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Akuki
At the current moment, Sesshomaru could probably take kurama up to chapter black, but not at his 3 kings levels. Over the course of the course of the series Sesshomaru has had some very powerful weapons, a sword that creates a black sphere that instantly transports any opponent to the realm of death for a win via BFR, and he now currently possesses an energy sword that not only negates any healing factor, but in fact as a virus destroying an opponent from the inside out. Add in the fact that he has tenseiga which produces a force field that has blocked attacks that could level mountains and he's got a pretty decent shot at this. Also keep in mind that even at the very beginning of the series Sesshomaru was fast enough to block around 12 bullets from completely different sides and send them all richicheting back into the people who fired them, and he wasn't even trying, plus he's gotten faster since.

Like I said, I stopped watching IY after awhile, and its been awhile since I have actually seen it. But all I was saying that from what I have seen, and from what had been listed about Seshomaru before, he would need to be a lot stronger than that to take on Kurama. I never said who would win for sure.

However, I must ask, would it be possible for Kurama to sneak something as small and light (which makes it pretty undetectable during a battle) as a death seed of his, on to Seshomaru. Because if he can, then Kurama still has a good shot at winning. Also, if he doesn't underestimate Sehsomaru (which he wouldn't do if he was in his human form, but which he might do as Yoko Kurama), and uses his most powerful plants from the beginning, than Seshomaru may have a pretty tough match ahead of him.

Akuki
Like I said, I stopped watching IY after awhile, and its been awhile since I have actually seen it. But all I was saying that from what I have seen, and from what had been listed about Seshomaru before, he would need to be a lot stronger than that to take on Kurama. I never said who would win for sure.

However, I must ask, would it be possible for Kurama to sneak something as small and light (which makes it pretty undetectable during a battle) as a death seed of his, on to Seshomaru. Because if he can, then Kurama still has a good shot at winning. Also, if he doesn't underestimate Sehsomaru (which he wouldn't do if he was in his human form, but which he might do as Yoko Kurama), and uses his most powerful plants from the beginning, than Seshomaru may have a pretty tough match ahead of him.
Just to mention his, Sesshomaru is basically Kurama's counterpart in this series. He's the resident genius fighter in Inuyasha, so I doubt he'll let something like that happen.

ensatsu-ken
He may be smarter, but I haven't really seen him use a whole lot of strategy in any of his fights. Either way, Kurama is a brilliant strategist, and he has more than just 1 way of taking Seshomaru down. Once again, I'm not saying who would win or not, but it is a fact that Kurama is one of the more underestimated characters of Yu Yu Hakusho (in fact, the only person who gets underestimated more than him, is Kuwabara).

Violent2Dope
Inuyasha characters are weak in the world of anime.

Akuki
He may be smarter, but I haven't really seen him use a whole lot of strategy in any of his fights. Either way, Kurama is a brilliant strategist, and he has more than just 1 way of taking Seshomaru down. Once again, I'm not saying who would win or not, but it is a fact that Kurama is one of the more underestimated characters of Yu Yu Hakusho (in fact, the only person who gets underestimated more than him, is Kuwabara).
Oh believe me, I know Kurama is good, he's one of my top 5 favorite characters. Kuwabara's problem is that he just doesn't have the skill or speed to match his sword's ability. I was just pointing out that a lot of people are greatly underestimating Sesshomaru since they were only seeing his early fights with Inuyasha which he basically had to lose for plot reasons.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Akuki
Oh believe me, I know Kurama is good, he's one of my top 5 favorite characters. Kuwabara's problem is that he just doesn't have the skill or speed to match his sword's ability. I was just pointing out that a lot of people are greatly underestimating Sesshomaru since they were only seeing his early fights with Inuyasha which he basically had to lose for plot reasons.

I know what you mean. In some instances, it just felt plain rediculous how Inu-Yasha was able to even come out alive after fighting Seshomaru. But, I don't really read the manga (which I'm aware is still continuing), so I ultimately can't make a judgement in this match-up. Also I was really only making sure that Kurama wasn't getting underestimated by people in this match-up. I can tell that you at least know what their is to know about both characters, to make a fair judgement between the 2. However, I was initially just explaining that none of the beginning reasons for why people thought Seshomaru would win, were things that put him above the level of Kurama.

My point with Kuwabara, is that he is seen as a weakling by almost everybody, mainly because he is a comic relief character, and because he's the weakest of the 4 main characters (that of course being Yusuke, Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwabara himself). However, it has been universally accepted that he was an A class figher by the end of the series, which makes him stronger than Toguro. He seems slow in comparison to the other characters, but if you think about it, to be an A class demon, he at least has to be faster than weaker demons (who were still fairly fast; such as Hiei as a C class demon for example). If you look at it in that aspect, he has "enough" speed to keep up with fast opponents. Also, his high level of spiritual awareness, and that extremely souped up Spirit Sword that he develops (the one that can cut through dimensional barriers), make him a lot stronger and more capable than most people make him out to be.

silverstream
Sesshomaru got this i doubt Kurama can even fly. Sesshomaru is not even classified as yokai but as a daiyokai a great demon. As for speed
"He can also instantaneously close long distances without being detected by others." As for weapons Bakusaiga keeps destroying its opponent after they have been hit.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by silverstream
Sesshomaru got this i doubt Kurama can even fly. Sesshomaru is not even classified as yokai but as a daiyokai a great demon. As for speed
"He can also instantaneously close long distances without being detected by others." As for weapons Bakusaiga keeps destroying its opponent after they have been hit.

Question: Just out of curiosity, have you seen the Three Kings arc of YYH? And no need to take this as an offensive question (I'm not trying to imply that you are wrong, since I honestly don't know what Seshomaru is capable of in the current manga). I was just wondering if you have seen Kurama at the end of the series, because most people tend to underrate Kurama.

Also, just because he is able to fly, does not mean that he has necessarily won the match. Many opponents who have been able to fly, have been taken down by fighters who are not able to fly, in various different anime before, including Yu Yu Hakusho (a prime example being the fight between Yusuke and Jin). Also, speed won't mean that much if Kurama sprouts a forest around himself. Some of the trees were impossible for even Shigure to cut down (and he is an S- class demon; which is saying a lot). Also, Kurama has been known to overcome opponents with many fighting advantages over him, abillity-wise, because he is a brilliant strategist. All I'm doing here, is just making sure that Kurama isn't being underrated by anyone. So just don't mistake this for me trying to argue that he would win, because I honestly do not know. All I do know, is that Inu-Yasha characters tend to get overrated quite a lot, whereas certain YYH characters have been known to be quite underrated sometimes.

silverstream
Question: Just out of curiosity, have you seen the Three Kings arc of YYH? And no need to take this as an offensive question (I'm not trying to imply that you are wrong, since I honestly don't know what Seshomaru is capable of in the current manga). I was just wondering if you have seen Kurama at the end of the series, because most people tend to underrate Kurama.

Also, just because he is able to fly, does not mean that he has necessarily won the match. Many opponents who have been able to fly, have been taken down by fighters who are not able to fly, in various different anime before, including Yu Yu Hakusho (a prime example being the fight between Yusuke and Jin). Also, speed won't mean that much if Kurama sprouts a forest around himself. Some of the trees were impossible for even Shigure to cut down (and he is an S- class demon; which is saying a lot). Also, Kurama has been known to overcome opponents with many fighting advantages over him, abillity-wise, because he is a brilliant strategist. All I'm doing here, is just making sure that Kurama isn't being underrated by anyone. So just don't mistake this for me trying to argue that he would win, because I honestly do not know. All I do know, is that Inu-Yasha characters tend to get overrated quite a lot, whereas certain YYH characters have been known to be quite underrated sometimes.
No, I haven't but I would like to hear some of Kurama's powers since I haven't seen anything impressive so far. As for S class demons and A class Sesshomaru is the Lord of the Dog demons and can easily dispatch most demons.

saphiree
youko kurama can't even be compared to sesshomaru because sesshomaru would kill him just like swating a fly he has 500x better senses faster more way more powerful then him you talk about different classes when sesshomaru can't even be classes in such low ranks as S class besides he never faced a opponent that can bring out his true power what you see is only a mere fraction THAT"S if you watched it

Pogue Dante
Ladies and Gentlemen lets make this clear. Sesshomaru is a Taiyouki! A Demon LORD! Kurama might be impressive but he is simply not as powerful as Sesshomaru. Also, since most of you have yet to watch all of the Inuyasha movies and the show you wouldn't know how powerful Sesshomaru is. He is a military lord as well so OBVIOUSLY he is a tactician. This forum also seems to be dominated by Yu Yu Hakusho fans so its not a real equal amount of ideas or vote. Im not going to fight over this because all I keep thinking about is how those two are so amazing! They would make an awsome team! Don't you agree?

Pogue Dante
Yeah but Kurama does rock! If Sesshomaru can find his equal it would be in Kurama (Yoko Kurama).

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Pogue Dante
Ladies and Gentlemen lets make this clear. Sesshomaru is a Taiyouki! A Demon LORD! Kurama might be impressive but he is simply not as powerful as Sesshomaru. Also, since most of you have yet to watch all of the Inuyasha movies and the show you wouldn't know how powerful Sesshomaru is. He is a military lord as well so OBVIOUSLY he is a tactician. This forum also seems to be dominated by Yu Yu Hakusho fans so its not a real equal amount of ideas or vote. Im not going to fight over this because all I keep thinking about is how those two are so amazing! They would make an awsome team! Don't you agree? So being a Taiyoukai means he is stronger than Kurama? Lol GTFO.

gryphon28
sesshomaru would dominate this fight youko kurama would probably not be much of a challenge for him

Pogue Dante
No Sesshomaru doesn't have to be a Taiyouki to kick Kurama's ass. I mean Kurama is like the THIRD strongest character in Yu Yu Hakusho next to Yusuke and Hiei. Sesshomaru is second to NO ONE. Haha.

Dark-Jaxx
Sesshomaru at this point is weaker than Naraku for your information.

And your logic sucks ass. Goku is not the strongest DBZ character, can Sess beat him?

Kento
Originally posted by Pogue Dante
No Sesshomaru doesn't have to be a Taiyouki to kick Kurama's ass. I mean Kurama is like the THIRD strongest character in Yu Yu Hakusho next to Yusuke and Hiei. Sesshomaru is second to NO ONE. Haha. Isn't Kurama > Hiei? I mean hasn't Hiei said something about not wanting to fight Kurama before?

Anyway..Kurama kicks Sesshomaru's butt.

Dark-Jaxx
Hiei said sumthin like that a little while ago, but that is kinda stupid, cause when Hiei first approached Kurama, Hiei was a D+ demon whereas Kurama was a D.

Kento
Hmm maybe he said it since Kurama is a much smarter fighter while their power is pretty much comparable.

gryphon28
sesshomaru is not weaker than naraku the only thing that keeps him from tearing him apart is him not having a heart and the time he captured rin

His power can NOT be compared sesshomaru he's to strong for his own good, he probably wouldn't even bother to fight in the first place

AnimeFeind
If both Sesshomaru and Kurama met after the end of both their respective anime Yoko Kurama would Triumph. Sesshomaru would be quite a challenge for the spirit fox but because Kurama walks around in human form I believe Sesshomaru would underestimate him as just a half breed at most from his scent. Kurama would then use his opponents ignorance of his truest power to emerge victorious though this would be quite a battle.

On another note I would like to see a tag battle; Yusuke and Yoko Kurama Vs. InuYasha and Sesshomaru.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.