vandals free thousands of minks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStories/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V2&showbyline=True& amp;newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20070916%2fmink_escape_07

I would guess an obviously ignorant animal rights activist or PETA-type who has absolutley no f'ing clue is responsible for this type of stupidity.

chillmeistergen
Loose Minks, this is news worthy of discussion these days?

Magee
Why did some one have thousands of them?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

No, the fact that an irresponsible moron with uneducated good intentions released thousands of animals into the wild which has (ironically) directly caused the death of thousands of the released animals and will continue to cause havoc on the envirnment is worthy of discussion.

I see it as a perfect example of whats wrong with people who have causes and lack common sense, which is currently an epidemic in this world.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Magee
Why did some one have thousands of them?

More than likely a fur farm.

Symmetric Chaos
Minks attack livestock?

Bicnarok

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by KharmaDog
No, the fact that an irresponsible moron with uneducated good intentions released thousands of animals into the wild which has (ironically) directly caused the death of thousands of the released animals and will continue to cause havoc on the envirnment is worthy of discussion.

I see it as a perfect example of whats wrong with people who have causes and lack common sense, which is currently an epidemic in this world.

Right, yeah, so what's there to discuss?

dadudemon
It was more than one person who did this...I would think. 5-6 thousand minks? That is a lot to let out the cage in one night. 3-5 seconds a cage...3seconds*5000=15000 seconds. 15000/60mins/60hours=4.16 hours for just one person...and that assumes a rather speedy unlatching speed of 3 seconds. (I have some "friends of the family" that have minks as pets and the cage latch takes about 2 seconds to open. I say 3-5 seconds because the person is moving around and reaching for the cages and walking etc...more factors involved than just sitting there in front of one cage and then opening it...not to mention have to work around all of those minks as they pour out of their cages.)

Also, take into consideration into the time it took to travel to the "barn" where the animals were held and the time it took to leave...It could not be done in one night by one person...I don't think.

They should have foot print evidence to indicate more than one person did this...it isn't very hard to run the forensics on something like that on the spot to determine how many committed the crime. This tells me two things: Either this story is a farce or the CSI police in that place are idiots.

I see your point...soooo...there's no reason for you to post in this thread anymore if you do not think that this is discussion worthy...how about a nice warm cup of GTFO. stick out tongue

chillmeistergen
Wasn't really posting to aid discussion.

Also, thanks for the analysis Columbo. It really opened my eyes to what these monsters are capable of, 3 seconds a cage, Jesus christ...

KharmaDog

Well, one could discuss the irony of a couple of do gooders completely f*cking up the environment.

Discussion could also occur over reckless idiots trying to change the world but because of their stupidity they only make it worse.

Finally, this discussion could enlighten people as to how organizations such as PETA (among others) and their members really have no clue what they are talking about and how they are either ineffective to their cause or actually do more harm than good.

The discussion could have gone any of those routes or others, if you don't care, then why bother posting?

Originally posted by dadudemon
Either this story is a farce or the CSI police in that place are idiots.

They never said it was one person. In fact it says"Whether there was more than one person involved, I don't know.""

Also, thanks for the analysis Columbo. It really opened my eyes to what these monsters are capable of, 3 seconds a cage, Jesus christ...

O.k.....That was funny...well at least a bit.

As for what they are capable of, it's amazing the years of damage that can be done from a few minutes of stupidity.

dadudemon
Wasn't really posting to aid discussion.

You are such a smart ass. You must be good at parties and family reunions.

chillmeistergen

Sadako of Girth

Maybe so....

Loose Minxes are better though.

smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.