Ryu Hayabusa and Ayane vs. Ryu and Chun Li

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shin_gear
This is made as a strict H2H/ki bout for Ryu and Miss Li's sake.

Who wins?

Blax_Hydralisk
Well.. I normally would say Ryua nd Chun-Li win, but strict H2H is basically handicapping Ryu and helping out hayabusa.

So team 1 wins.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Well.. I normally would say Ryua nd Chun-Li win, but strict H2H is basically handicapping Ryu and helping out hayabusa.

So team 1 wins.

Wouldn't it be the other way around? Strict Hand to Hand handicapping Hayabusa's Ninpo, teleportation and arsenal of weapons; while favoring Ryu who can still perform a variety of moves considered hand to hand like the Shoryuken, Shin Shoryuken, TatsumakiSempuKyaku and the super version of it?

Blax_Hydralisk
When he said h2h I assumed he meant no specials or anything that was enhanced with chi at all.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

So team 1 wins.
No, it's a H2H and ki bout like I just said, so the only thing that's out is weapons.

Hayabusa uses ki in his DOA4 ending.

shin_gear
Anyway Hayabusa and Ayane take it. They either speedblitz the crap out of them or play juggle with them in the air. That or Hayabusa stalls Ryu and Li long enough for Ayane to perform her powerful ninpo spell (which in actual time takes 4-5 seconds to do due to the slow motion sequence during the entire charge) then would Ryu and Li be completely obliterated...

This is just one of those DOA and SF bouts that DOA would take, though not easily I'd say.

StyleTime
We kind of had this thread already. It was singles vs though.

Hayabusa vs Ryu.

Ayane vs Chun Li.

Team Ninja takes both individually. Together they still win with difficulty.

shin_gear
Thank you for wrapping that up old hated nemesis of mine (jk) I still love you.

StyleTime
Yeah, it wasn't my most detailed of posts, but I think everyone was in agreement anyway. No need to elaborate.

I love you too. love

shin_gear
yucky

StyleTime
I know why you're sticking your tongue out. love

shin_gear
wtf no

Sin_Volvagia
Team SF wins. Hayabusa is the only threat since his Ki attacks don't take forever to use. By the time Ayane unleashes her Ninpo, Chun Li would've broken every bone in her body and used two of her supers.

Hayabusa will be all alone. He does have speed advantage and the more dangerous Ki but he's not gonna last without his Dragon Sword.

StyleTime
Sigma 2 supports a long standing theory on these boards that Ayane can alter the charge time of her ninpo in exchange for power.

Regardless, I don't see the fight coming down to range attacks initially. Each combatant is capable of avoiding/halting/otherwisedealing with most of the opposing teams ranged attacks. I see them being most effective as finishing moves after a long battle. To say Ayane is useless is undercutting her severely. I don't see why she'd opt to charge at the start of the battle.

Still, this a close fight. I could see an argument being made for the SF team to win just I as I see the argument in favor of the DOA duo. In short, my opinion is about the same as it was in 2007.(crazy how time flies huh?)

Also, I kind of miss Wandering Flame.

No End N Site
In just H2H, Ryu(SF) is pretty much destined to win this. If Hayabusa had all his weapons he would murder, tho.

I give Ayane a pretty decent edge in speed. But Chun Li's recent events in her life would have her annihilate Ayane wit the Kikoushou pretty damn quickly. She managed to hit Bison wit it and he was warpin' around. Ayane is fast but she can't Bison Warp/Teleport spam. Plus, it affects too much area to avoid, Ryu and Hayabusa would prolly get hit wit too. It's DBZ big.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.