Rumor: Metal Gear Solid movie..starring...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avlon
If this has any truth to it... I'm game...

http://news.filefront.com/rumor-christian-bale-to-play-solid-snake-in-metal-gear-solid-movie/

Christian Bale as Solid Snake? My ticket is pre-bought.

This would be a great start and pretty much cement MGS as a good to great movie at the very least. CB is an awesome actor.

Thoughts?

lordboo
Originally posted by Avlon
If this has any truth to it... I'm game...

http://news.filefront.com/rumor-christian-bale-to-play-solid-snake-in-metal-gear-solid-movie/

Christian Bale as Solid Snake? My ticket is pre-bought.

This would be a great start and pretty much cement MGS as a good to great movie at the very least. CB is an awesome actor.

Thoughts?

bales pretty good,should be kurt russel if he was 10 years younger?

ragesRemorse
i like bale, i think he could play just about any role, but not solid snake. I also doubt that he would

batdude123
A MGS movie would be awesome.

Kento
A MGS movie would be awesome but I don't think I want Bale playing as Snake. If Kurt Russel was younger I could see him doing it...Course that's because of Snake Plisskin. Though maybe he could do Big Boss or Solidus. I can't really think of anybody to play Snake. It just won't seem the same without Hayter's voice. Same with Liquid if he's in it not having Cam Clarke's voice.

Validus
Originally posted by Kento
A MGS movie would be awesome but I don't think I want Bale playing as Snake. If Kurt Russel was younger I could see him doing it...Course that's because of Snake Plisskin. Though maybe he could do Big Boss or Solidus. I can't really think of anybody to play Snake. It just won't seem the same without Hayter's voice. Same with Liquid if he's in it not having Cam Clarke's voice.
MGS4 isn't using Cam's voice at all. I was pretty sad when I heard that since I think Cam is a great VA.

batdude123
Hayter's voice is teh shit.

srankmissingnin
I think James Purefoy would make a good Solid Snake.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think James Purefoy would make a good Solid Snake.

He would but he's doing something else.

wuTa
I think Bale would do a good job as Solid Snake, the problem is he sorta already played a watered down version of Snake in Rescue Dawn, He was even eating snakes in that movie.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by wuTa
I think Bale would do a good job as Solid Snake, the problem is he sorta already played a watered down version of Snake in Rescue Dawn, He was even eating snakes in that movie.

Bale would most likely not do this. Seeing how he'll be busy with other scripts.

Bat Dude
Wow... One of my favorite video games coupled with one of my favorite actors... Awesome! I can totally see that... Bale is the right actor to play Snake...

One question, though... Would this movie be based on the Metal Gear series, or the Metal Gear Solid series?

Menetnashté
Don't get me wrong Bale's a great actor, but his characters are always, to some extent proper. He pulled off Batman yes, but Batman is a playboy. Solid Snake, is a rugged badass. Not exactly Bale's cup of tea. I'm not sure who they should get for snake, I could almost picture David Wenham doing the part (Faramir) but I'm not sure. For Solidus I could picture Kurt Russel as mentioned above for either Solidus or Big Boss, maybe even Bruce Willis I dunno. Not sure who they'd get to play liquid, can't be to hard to find though. And Ocelot could be a range of people maybe Ian McKellen?

Tron
I'm not too concerned about the movie just yet, but I am extremely grateful that the game's creators outright refused to give the movie to Uwe Boll when he asked for it.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Tron
I'm not too concerned about the movie just yet, but I am extremely grateful that the game's creators outright refused to give the movie to Uwe Boll when he asked for it.

You and me both. I truly am glad that Boll will not do this.

mr.smiley
The first time I watched batman begins I thought in the theatre that he would make a good Snake.The scene were they show him in the suit before he paints it black under that little waterfall in the Batcave just looked like Snake.

BTW,though their not twins,i'm voting for Hugh Jackman to play Liquid Snake.

"Don't get me wrong Bale's a great actor, but his characters are always, to some extent proper. He pulled off Batman yes, but Batman is a playboy. Solid Snake, is a rugged badass. Not exactly Bale's cup of tea. I'm not sure who they should get for snake, I could almost picture David Wenham doing the part (Faramir) but I'm not sure. For Solidus I could picture Kurt Russel as mentioned above for either Solidus or Big Boss, maybe even Bruce Willis I dunno. Not sure who they'd get to play liquid, can't be to hard to find though. And Ocelot could be a range of people maybe Ian McKellen?"

I see were you're coming from,but any good actor should be able to pull off a playboy or a badass.You can find many examples of actors who have succsesfully done this.Case in point.The above mentioned Hugh Jackman.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by mr.smiley

BTW,though their not twins,i'm voting for Hugh Jackman to play Liquid Snake.

would it be about magic too wink

SnakeEyes

mr.smiley
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
would it be about magic too wink

LOL.

Well not my version,but i'm sure when it's realy made they'll add in something to screw it up.

Neo Darkhalen
This needs to be moved

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by mr.smiley
LOL.

Well not my version,but i'm sure when it's realy made they'll add in something to screw it up.

yeah, im sure they will compromise the quality of the movie by trying to appeal to many different demographics. HEy, as long as snake is fighting a fatman on roller skates throwing sticks of dynamite, i'll be happy (stupid sons of liberty)

I was thinking the other day that timothy olyphant might make a good snake

DigiMark007
1 report is enough Neo, but thanks.

Moving...

Neo Darkhalen
Sorry.

I get carried away.

Lana
Why was it moved here, it goes in the Movie forums...

Moving...

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Moving...

Originally posted by Lana

Moving...

laughing

jaden101
why would the proverbial "they" even consider making this...the game isn't great because of the plot...infact the plot in the MGS games is generally the most ridiculously laughable crap you've ever thought of...they play sublimely though...and graphically are amazing

but plot...think about it...go try and draw out the family tree for sons of liberty and see what i mean

Tekno Boy
I kinda had Hugh Jackman in my mind as Solid Snake, particularly after seeing him in Van Helsing. And if they based it on Sons of Liberty, though I'm fairly certain the plot would be original or on MGS1, I would cast my vote for maybe George Clooney to play Solidus.

Wandering Flame
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Moving... Originally posted by Lana

Moving...
crylaughhaermmlaughingshocklaughcrylaugh

leonheartmm
Originally posted by jaden101
why would the proverbial "they" even consider making this...the game isn't great because of the plot...infact the plot in the MGS games is generally the most ridiculously laughable crap you've ever thought of...they play sublimely though...and graphically are amazing

but plot...think about it...go try and draw out the family tree for sons of liberty and see what i mean

your on CRACK!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by lordboo
bales pretty good,should be kurt russel if he was 10 years younger? actually, I see Jeff Fahey playing this role. but he might be a bit old. think Jeff Fahey in the lawnmower man.

jaden101
Originally posted by leonheartmm
your on CRACK!

yeah...your mothers to be precise

Blax_Hydralisk
That was weak.

I give you points though because yo momma jokes appeal to my ghetto black culture.

SelphieT
Hmm, Bale as Snake? Hot.

But I don't think he could pull it off. He's suave, not rugged like our Solid Snake.

Blax_Hydralisk
Get outta here.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Get outta here.

What did I do wrong? I was just posting an opinion.

jaden101
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
That was weak.

I give you points though because yo momma jokes appeal to my ghetto black culture.

i dont want no mutha ****in points from no mutha ****in member of a ethnic minority subject to adverse social pressures brought on by a capitalistic society resulting in a monetary skew against them stemming from a past racial divide

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.