Why do people slag off America so much?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cyber tuff guy!
It gave the world it's modern culture, has kept world peace for 60 years amongst first world nations, I just don't get it?

Robtard
You unoriginal idiot... there's a thread in here about this already, titled something along the lines of "Is it a trend to hate America", I also think you posted in there.

cyber tuff guy!
Originally posted by Robtard
You unoriginal idiot... there's a thread in here about this already, titled something along the lines of "Is it a trend to hate America", I also think you posted in there.

What? Damn not a repeat thread........ I'm really sorry about that. Multiple threads on the same topic make the forum look stupid.....Sorry!!!

Robtard
Originally posted by cyber tuff guy!
What? Damn not a repeat thread........ I'm really sorry about that. Multiple threads on the same topic make the forum look stupid.....Sorry!!!

You have repeatedly used that one. No new material, eh?

Have fun.

Violent2Dope
Are you a troll? If you are, you are one shitty troll. Even tho he was a peckerhead, Judge was a good troll, you are shite and you phail.

Zebedee

You have repeatedly used that one. No new material, eh?

Have fun.

Tough guy is a dry son of a bit.ch!!!

KharmaDog
It gave the world it's modern culture, has kept world peace for 60 years amongst first world nations, I just don't get it?

For believing that the united states is the root of culture, and for thinking that the united states has "kept" peace anywhere, you are a fool.

You are also unoriginal and kind of boring.

Secretus

Say 'hi' to Judge for me, Whirly.

Symmetric Chaos

I seem to recall pedophillia being part of it.

Zebedee
Originally posted by KharmaDog
For believing that the united states is the root of culture, and for thinking that the united states has "kept" peace anywhere, you are a fool.

You are also unoriginal and kind of boring.

I'd guess from your reaction to the thread starter yoou're canadian. wink

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Zebedee
I'd guess from your reaction to the thread starter yoou're canadian. wink

I think think the avatar with the Canadian flag is the bigger clue to that mystery.

Zebedee
I think think the avatar with the Canadian flag is the bigger clue to that mystery.

I really didn't notice it. rolling on floor laughing

Zebedee
America is a great place with a political and judicial system the rest of the world should admire. I agree with the thread starter. It really is the land of the free and the home of the brave.

chillmeistergen
That's because you are the thread starter.

SelphieT
Well I enjoy the US very much, I only hate the idiots who pollute it.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SelphieT
Well I enjoy the US very much, I only hate the idiots who pollute it.

ProAmerica but AntiAmerican?

SelphieT
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
ProAmerica but AntiAmerican?

ProAmerica, Anti Redneck/American cliches

Spartan ll
Originally posted by SelphieT
ProAmerica, Anti Redneck/American cliches Pretty much describes myself also.

Blax_Hydralisk
I've already made a thread about this. Whrily phales.

ADarksideJedi
I t hink most people (acording to my husband to be)says that people from different countrys are upset because we live in the land of the free!(This does not mean England btw)jm smile

chillmeistergen
Jackie, that's rubbish. They're upset because America bombs and bullies it's way through the earth, and produces some truly awful television.

Robtard
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I t hink most people (acording to my husband to be)says that people from different countrys are upset because we live in the land of the free!(This does not mean England btw)jm smile

I seriously wish I could know beyond the shadow of a doubt, that you are indeed for "real" (the Cadillac of idiots) and not just having a laugh.

chillmeistergen
If she is just having a laugh, she's done very well at staying in character. If you are JM, have a pat on the back from me.

Robtard
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Jackie, that's rubbish. They're upset because America bombs and bullies it's way through the earth, and produces some truly awful television.

It's the natural order of things... if it wasn't America, it'd be some other nation and you'd be saying similar, unless that other country was yours.

9eff-J9eKdo

chillmeistergen
Yep, that's how it would be, hopefully.

P.S - Thanks for a shining example, of the previously mentioned; awful television.

Robtard
Yep, that's how it would be, hopefully.

P.S - Thanks for a shining example, of the previously mentioned; awful television.

'Family Guy' has it's moments... besides, a lot of the humor relies that you're familiar with American pop-culture, celebrities, Americana etc. if you lack that, I see how it would be unfunny.

Victor Von Doom
America produces the best TV though.

While they produce a lot of shit, I'd say they fall short of the pure c**tishness of Big Brother, Eastenders, and basically all other reality/soap shit we have on perma-rotate.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
America produces the best TV though.

While they produce a lot of shit, I'd say they fall short of the pure c**tishness of Big Brother, Eastenders, and basically all other reality/soap shit we have on perma-rotate.

Oh, well of course. Mind you, have you ever seen any American game shows? Jesus, it's like it's stuck in the eighties.

But yeah I agree about Eastenders and all that turd being awful. Got to respect English comedy shows though.

Victor Von Doom
Yeah, though most game shows are cack.

Comedy is about the only thing we do well, and even then it's fairly rare, in the scheme of things. The ones that are good are really good, though.

They seem to have dried up a bit.

Blax_Hydralisk
It's called "unoriginality".

Though that isn't a word is it 131

chillmeistergen
Yeah, they certainly have. It's all catch phrased based, awful sketch shows now, i.e Little Britain and Catherine Tate. Bloody awful.

Robtard
The only game show worth watching, is Jeopardy, imo.

chillmeistergen
Crystal Maze FTW.

Blax_Hydralisk
The only show worth watching is Camp Lazlo 131

Robtard
Crystal Maze FTW.

I meant American Game Shows, as I have limited access to U.K. television... is Crystal Maze a game of wits, physical skills, luck?

On the comedy aspect though, the U.K. does produce some genuinely funny movies and shows.

chillmeistergen
I meant American Game Shows, as I have limited access to U.K. television... is Crystal Maze a game of wits, physical skills, luck?

On the comedy aspect though, the U.K. does produce some genuinely funny movies and shows.

I suppose it's sort of all of them rolled into one. It was just a bit nutty, wasn't like a normal game show, mainly because Richard O'Brien was presenting.

U.S did produce Spinal Tap, absolutely fantastic stuff.

Sadako of Girth
I love America for many things.
Without America we'd probably have no Jazz, the Blues, quality TV shows, as mentioned above) and cinema. Ive made some good friends who are American over the years too. There a lot of nice people over there, sure you get assholes come along occasionally, but I have a lot of time for those that Ive met and count as friends.

Any personal irks I have had with the States are purely about the ongoing political quest for world domination. But as we saw the other day with the demos in Washington, it sounds like the people there have had enough of it too. Good on them. May sanity prevail. smile

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
The only show worth watching is Camp Lazlo 131 Go die.

botankus
Game shows? Is that really a basis for judgment, or has this thread simply evolved into mockery?

Game Shows - the amount of time it takes for one individual to plow through a bag of Ruffles and still think they've accomplished something in life because they knew the bonus round answer.

Ranger Smith
Best american show never to go to a second series was the mid season replacement in 1996 called "profit".

Devil King
TjC3R6jOtUo

botankus
Originally posted by Ranger Smith
Best american show never to go to a second series was the mid season replacement in 1996 called "profit".

Ranger Smith, you're back! After kicking out Boo Boo, Cindy, and Yogi from KMC, you've come back to kick out yourself, am I right?

Ranger Smith
Originally posted by botankus
Ranger Smith, you're back! After kicking out Boo Boo, Cindy, and Yogi from KMC, you've come back to kick out yourself, am I right?

Who knows what the future will bring.

smile

Bicnarok
I think its the "best country in the world","Greatest nation in history" and other such ideas which some Americans believe which may get up some peoples noses, especially as Hitlers ideas were on the similar line with the "master race" business.

I personally have nothing against the US or any other country, they are basically all the same. Corrupt governments who lie and look after themselves, and the its the small Joe blogs who has to carry the weight do all the work and suffer at the bottom of the see saw so the elite can stay at the top.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I think its the "best country in the world","Greatest nation in history" and other such ideas which some Americans believe which may get up some peoples noses, especially as Hitlers ideas were on the similar line with the "master race" business.

I personally have nothing against the US or any other country, they are basically all the same. Corrupt governments who lie and look after themselves, and the its the small Joe blogs who has to carry the weight do all the work and suffer at the bottom of the see saw so the elite can stay at the top.

Similar to Ad Nazism... nice.

smoker4
I used to love America but it has gone down in my estimations after learning that Kevin Federline has had a contract out on him since the beginning of summer and he's still alive.

Devil King
Originally posted by Bicnarok

No way, they're nothing alike. The nazi concept of a master race went beyond nationalism.

But, I will grant you that there are a lot of Americans out there that have bought into this notion that the founding fathers invented democracy and the republic; that it's a 300 year old concept that had never been seen or heard of before on the planet. The people who say htat this is the greatest country in the world are always the ones that have never been anywhere else. And there are a lot of people who subscribe to the politically correct notion that their opinions matter just as much. Well, sorry, they don't. Their opinions matter, sure. But their opinions are exactly what makes them WRONG!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by smoker4
I used to love America but it has gone down in my estimations after learning that Kevin Federline has had a contract out on him since the beginning of summer and he's still alive. LOL

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddd America!
*slaps America's wrist*

Violent2Dope
Lol I heard that like a month after being released K-Fed's album just stopped being made.

Devil King
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Lol I heard that like a month after being released K-Fed's album just stopped being made.

I imagine that would be considered the best proof that machines have a soul.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi

Your fiance, by the very fact that he is your fiance, shows that he lacks any judgement that would lead one to believe he has a sound opinon on any subject.

Robtard
Your fiance, by the very fact that he is your fiance, shows that he lacks any judgement that would lead one to believe he has a sound opinon on any subject.

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/504/jackiecrockerer0.jpg

debbiejo
People don't like Americans because we influence the world so much. I don't think we mean too...or do we. Any who. We like your food too.

chillmeistergen
Awful food at that.

debbiejo
We consume you. We'll do anything for your food.

Robtard
Awful food at that.

Yeah... and English cuisine is world renowned.

chillmeistergen
Just as awful.

debbiejo
Do they have great fries?? eek!
If not, then not worth the licking.

Quiero Mota
Awful food at that.

Everyone seems to like American fast food though. You can find a McDonald's or a KFC in the most remote corners of the most far-fetched countires of the world.

chillmeistergen
Yeah, but it's awful, it's horrible, bland food.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Everyone seems to like American fast food though. You can find a McDonald's or a KFC in the most remote corners of the most far-fetched countires of the world. yes

Funkadelic
It gave the world it's modern culture,

Ummmm, WTF?
WTF, America gave the world it's modern culture? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kept world peace?

This ****ing arrogance is what annoys people that much. Land of the free? OMFG Democracy was invented in Europe. And have u ever heard of the French revolution?

Land of the brave my ass.

Bicnarok

Ranger Smith
Originally posted by Funkadelic
Ummmm, WTF?
WTF, America gave the world it's modern culture? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kept world peace?

I have to agree with the thread starter, the culture of the last one hundred years is U.S. driven.

The U.S. certainly kept the peace amongst first world nations.

Quiero Mota
Yeah, but it's awful, it's horrible, bland food.

Then your exposure to American food is very limited.

You say you lived in FL right? Did you sample any of the local Cuban-influenced cuisine or any Southern BBQ?...or did you just stick to burger joints the entire time?

chillmeistergen
Then your exposure to American food is very limited.

You say you lived in FL right? Did you sample any of the local Cuban-influenced cuisine or any Southern BBQ?...or did you just stick to burger joints the entire time?

I mainly ate Mexican while I was in FL, yeah I did try some Cuban influenced food, but that remains to me to be pretty much Cuban.

lord xyz
It gave the world it's modern culture, has kept world peace for 60 years amongst first world nations, I just don't get it? *ahem*

WRONG!

exanda kane
I almost don't want to contribute to this thread, I know it'll lead to that childish anglophobic ranting again, but I really have to say, the majority of america TV is awful; some moments are golden. The main problem though, is the adverts.

Maybe, as I've been living in the UK for 3 years or so, I've gotten used to a limited amount of TV advertising, but if you want to watch anything more in the US more than PBS, every five minutes you have adverts. I feel sorry for you lot, really I do.

As for American Comedy, most of the States output is bland, lazy and uninspiring, but then sometimes you hit the mark: Arrested Development. Wow. What an effin amazing show. But hey - you let it get cancelled! Oh well.

I'll always have a love-hate relationship with the US; I've had a woman over there, lived over there, enjoyed my time, enjoyed indulging myself in certain aspects of US culture, but at the end of the day, I just prefer breezing down Carnaby Street in London at 4am with a Welsh bird.

Quiero Mota
I mainly ate Mexican while I was in FL, yeah I did try some Cuban influenced food, but that remains to me to be pretty much Cuban.

It's American actually; porque the keyword is influenced. Pizza is Italian-influenced but still American, chop suey is Chinese-influenced, but stil American and so on.

And BBQ certainly isn't bland.

InnerRise
Originally posted by exanda kane
As for American Comedy, most of the States output is bland, lazy and uninspiring, but then sometimes you hit the mark: Arrested Development. Wow. What an effin amazing show. But hey - you let it get cancelled! Oh well. Definitely agree with this.

I sadly was one of the people who let it get cancelled. I never watched it when it was on, b/c of other shows in the timeslot, but I did watch the Marathons of Reruns. They were very good.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

spidey-dude
It gave the world it's modern culture, has kept world peace for 60 years amongst first world nations, I just don't get it? they slag as off so much cause there jealous of us and we have more class and better education than most other foreingers

Funkadelic
Originally posted by spidey-dude
they slag as off so much cause there jealous of us and we have more class and better education than most other foreingers

Better education than in Belgium?

laughing

Better social services than in Belgium?

laughing

Don't get me wrong, I like America and Americans but what annoys me so much is that y'all think u're better. When there are a lot of places that are at least equal to live in.

I live in Europe, I visited most of Europe, some of Arabia and North Africa, Mexico and the US, and China.

What did y'all vist?

USA?

Believe me. It AIN'T the best country in the world. Only the military most powerfull.

spidey-dude
Better education than in Belgium?

laughing

Better social services than in Belgium?

laughing

Don't get me wrong, I like America and Americans but what annoys me so much is that y'all think u're better. When there are a lot of places that are at least equal to live in.

I live in Europe, I visited most of Europe, some of Arabia and North Africa, Mexico and the US, and China.

What did y'all vist?

USA?

Believe me. It AIN'T the best country in the world. Only the military most powerfull. if your country is so much better why there more and more river jumpers every day trespassing here taking our money and jobs to take back to your foreign country. and yes when it comes to health care america is rated #1. we have the best doctors in the world people come from all over to get taken care of

Rogue Jedi

laughing

USA?

Believe me. It AIN'T the best country in the world. Only the military most powerfull. I agree. and I am American, mind you.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I agree. and I am American, mind you.

Well, what does best mean though? Favorite? The US is the richest country and has the most advanced military, so I guess in that sense, in can be objectively called "the best". It's my favorite, with Mexico as a close second.

Funkadelic
if your country is so much better why there more and more river jumpers every day trespassing here taking our money and jobs to take back to your foreign country. and yes when it comes to health care america is rated #1. we have the best doctors in the world people come from all over to get taken care of

Umm, In belgium U can go 2 a docter and U have to pay nothing. When U lose ur job u get money 2 survive etc. And I'm from Belgium, not from Mexico or Columbia or something like that.

exanda kane
if your country is so much better why there more and more river jumpers every day trespassing here taking our money and jobs to take back to your foreign country. and yes when it comes to health care america is rated #1. we have the best doctors in the world people come from all over to get taken care of

You aren't another person who believes that only the US has immigration problems are you? confused

Kinneary
Umm, In belgium U can go 2 a docter and U have to pay nothing. When U lose ur job u get money 2 survive etc. And I'm from Belgium, not from Mexico or Columbia or something like that.
Uh... In the US you also get money 'to survive' if you're not able to support yourself due to a lost job or inability to work. As far as having to see a doctor, hospitals have to admit emergency patients no matter what, whether they can pay or not.

Sadako of Girth
Better healthcare...? Either are you pretty well off, financially, or have you not seen "Sicko"...?
If you check the amount of deaths per year in the UK due to not qualifying for med insurance compared to the US, you might be surprised.
The pharmacompanies don't have us by the by the balls here, either.

botankus
Originally posted by lord xyz
*ahem*

WRONG!

I'll bet if someone made a thread claming that the US gets more sunlight in July than England, this dude would be heading up the counterattack.

Devil King
American fast food

that strikes me as redundant.

debbiejo
Well, what does best mean though? Favorite? The US is the richest country and has the most advanced military, so I guess in that sense, in can be objectively called "the best". It's my favorite, with Mexico as a close second. Are you really sure we're the richest? We are owned by other countries because of our borrowing, like China. In fact they are buying up all the land out west in places like Wyoming.

botankus
Originally posted by Devil King
that strikes me as redundant.

I agree 99.9%, but my wife was once fired from Wendy's because during a timed test, she couldn't assemble a burger in 7 seconds.

exanda kane
I'll bet if someone made a thread claming that the US gets more sunlight in July than England, this dude would be heading up the counterattack.

lol

Devil King
I agree 99.9%, but my wife was once fired from Wendy's because during a timed test, she couldn't assemble a burger in 7 seconds.

Well, that seems unfair. I have personally experienced a store full of employees who, combined, couldn't assemble my food in less than 10 minutes.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by exanda kane
You aren't another person who believes that only the US has immigration problems are you? confused i believe in that in just about any country these days. the way things have changed

exanda kane
i believe in that in just about any country these days. the way things have changed

Sorry mate, I didn't get that.

Czarina_Czarina
The only game show worth watching, is Jeopardy, imo.

+1 (it's not D&D)

Robtard
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
+1 (it's not D&D)

Thanks, in return, I'll lone you my '+3 Cushion of Comfort', so you can rest your little head.

Czarina_Czarina
Thanks, in return, I'll lone you my '+3 Cushion of Comfort', so you can rest your little head.

smile

chillmeistergen
i believe in that in just about any country these days. the way things have changed

Yes loads has changed, hasn't it? Do you learn history, in that educationally superior country of yours?

exanda kane
Yes loads has changed, hasn't it? Do you learn history, in that educationally superior country of yours?

Can you translate what he said please mate..."lol". smile

chillmeistergen
I think it would be somewhere along these lines: 'The way affairs are changing at the moment, I think immigration problems are rampant in every country.'

Though the lad's obviously a cretin, so who knows?

exanda kane
I simply have to saypi] who knows. I don't want to discredit eligible thought if that's what it actually is, but I can't help but be slightly suspicous.

spidey-dude
Yes loads has changed, hasn't it? Do you learn history, in that educationally superior country of yours? as a matter of fact i do.

Violent2Dope
as a matter of fact i do. USA is not actually educationally superior to UK.

exanda kane
Isn't it a Scandinavian country that has the best *results*? I can't remember the specifics, but it was a hefty percentage of there taxes that was spent.

chillmeistergen
According to the Times, Australia is, I believe. Though I'm going on what I read earlier in the week, so I may be wrong.

chillmeistergen
as a matter of fact i do.

Then what have you learnt from it? Bugger all it seems.

P.S Sorry for the double post.

spidey-dude
USA is not actually educationally superior to UK. when it comes to health care we are ranked the highest in the world

spidey-dude
Then what have you learnt from it? Bugger all it seems.

P.S Sorry for the double post. make sense for once if thats not to hard to ask

chillmeistergen
when it comes to health care we are ranked the highest in the world

No, France is.

Symmetric Chaos
when it comes to health care we are ranked the highest in the world

Not even close actually.

spidey-dude
No, France is. america

chillmeistergen
http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

spidey-dude
http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html thats BS

chillmeistergen
Give me your statistics then, you pompous little knob head.

Violent2Dope
thats BS No it's not. US is full of fatasses and drug addicts, did you really think that we were number one?

spidey-dude
Give me your statistics then, you pompous little knob head. pompous little knob head ? laughing laughing man how old are u ?

spidey-dude
No it's not. US is full of fatasses and drug addicts, did you really think that we were number one? ok i agree with the fat asses part this country has the most over weight people in the world. but like i said earlier when it comes to health care where #1.

chillmeistergen
Provide the statistics, I've provided proof that you are not, you're below Morocco for Christ's sake.

You prove me wrong. Saying 'thats BS' doesn't count.

pompous little knob head ? laughing laughing man how old are u ?

18, you? Judging by your syntax, 12?

spidey-dude
Provide the statistics, I've provided proof that you are not, you're below Morocco for Christ's sake.

You prove me wrong. Saying 'thats BS' doesn't count.

18, you? Judging by your syntax, 12? im 22 and theyve said it in the news last year that people come from all over to get themselfs taken care of here.

Rogue Jedi
im 22 and theyve said it in the news last year that people come from all over to get themselfs taken care of here. That doesnt necessarily make us number one.

spidey-dude
That doesnt necessarily make us number one. y is it that im the only one here that stands up for his country. looks like you and the others on here that are americans arent proud of where they live. ok i know we got some shitty ass president but his ass cant run again so dont worry about him anymore.

chillmeistergen
im 22 and theyve said it in the news last year that people come from all over to get themselfs taken care of here.

That's not proof, did you really think it was?

spidey-dude
That's not proof, did you really think it was? they said on tv ranked #1 for health care. and yes i know its not cheap here but as long as you have health insurance which is easy to get your taken care of.

chillmeistergen
they said on tv ranked #1 for health care. and yes i know its not cheap here but as long as you have health insurance which is easy to get your taken care of.

Well, it's not it's ranked 37th. So you were wrong, weren't you?

spidey-dude
Well, it's not it's ranked 37th. So you were wrong, weren't you? they probably did that site off of votes.

chillmeistergen
they probably did that site off of votes.

Idiot.

spidey-dude
i still think this a good country and im proud to live here. id rather live here than any middle east country thats for damn sure. i know we got a stupid ass president buts hes not gonna be around much longer trust me. but yes this country needs to work on the weight programs.

chillmeistergen
Ever been anywhere else?

spidey-dude
Ever been anywhere else? i been to mexico. and yah id love to live in acapulco. its great there. but to hot in the summer.

chillmeistergen
Never been to a Middle East country then? I have and I'd rather live there than in the U.S (where I have lived.)

spidey-dude
Never been to a Middle East country then? I have and I'd rather live there than in the U.S (where I have lived.) i have a half sister that lives in israel and shes not so thrilled of where shes staying. but she has to stay for her mother

chillmeistergen
So, you're judging every Middle East country with the one that someone you know doesn't like?

spidey-dude
So, you're judging every Middle East country with the one that someone you know doesn't like? tell me one where its decent to live at the moment ?

Rogue Jedi
y is it that im the only one here that stands up for his country. looks like you and the others on here that are americans arent proud of where they live. ok i know we got some shitty ass president but his ass cant run again so dont worry about him anymore. sure, and the next president will be a godsend. He will rid the nation of homelessness and cure cancer. He will wear blue tights with a big S on the front.

spidey-dude
sure, and the next president will be a godsend. He will rid the nation of homelessness and cure cancer. He will wear blue tights with a big S on the front. ?

Violent2Dope
It's a joke on Superman dude.

Grimm22
sure, and the next president will be a godsend. He will rid the nation of homelessness and cure cancer. He will wear blue tights with a big S on the front.

I assume that the next VP will be a moody ninja billionaire who lives in a cave then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.