Respect Scorpion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
The undead, yellow-clad Shirai Ryu ninja was always a fan favorite. With his Spear (GET OVER HERE!) and the Toasty Fatality, Scorpion is still one badass mofo, even to this very day.

shin_gear
LMFAO.

Wait 'till SBP and Blaxican come in here and criticize you for not including a page length bio and a vid of the character.

darth siphon
scorpion freakin pwns, the toasty guy scared the hell outta me first time i saw him confused

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by shin_gear
LMFAO.

Wait 'till SBP and Blaxican come in here and criticize you for not including a page length bio and a vid of the character.

You want a bio? You got one.

SCORPION

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210 lbs
Origin: Earthrealm - Japan (alive); Netherealm (after death)
Species: MK Mythologies - Human; Mortal Kombat 1 and after - Specter
Affiliation: Shirai Ryu, Worked for Shao Kahn and Shinnok, later the Elder Gods
Allies: Elder Gods, Shujinko
Relatives: Wife and son in former life; killed by Quan Chi
Enemies: Quan Chi, Subzero the Elder, Moloch, Drahmin, Shujinko
Styles: Hapkido, Pi Gua, Ninja Sword, Moi Fah, Mugai Ryu

Bio

Like Subzero, Scorpion's true name and origin are not known. It is
believed that he is a fallen ninja granted the opprotunity to avenge
his death at the hands of the Lin Kuei. He has been given a new body
and a uniform which mocks the Lin Kuei's with its cowardly yellow color.

The Hell-spawned specter rises from the pit. After learning of
Subzero's return, he again stalks the ninja assassin, following him into the dark realm of the Outworld where he continues his own unholy mission.

When Shao Kahn makes a failed attempt at stealing the souls which
occupy Earth's hell, Scorpion is able to make his escape. Now free to
roam the Earth once more, Scorpion holds no allegiance to no one. He's a wild card in the Earth's struggle against the Outworld.

In hopes of gaining Scorpion as a new ally in the war with the Elder Gods, Quan Chi makes the dead Ninja an offer he cannot refuse - Life, in exchange for his services as a warrior against the Elders. Scorpion accepts, but hides under ulterior motives.

The ninja spectre Scorpion had assumed for many years that Subzero had killed his family and clan only to later discover that the true murderer was the sorcerer Quan Chi. After revealing his treachery, Quan Chi then attempted to send Scorpion to the 5th plane of the Netherealm. Thinking quickly, Scorpion grappled the sorcerer at the last moment and they were both transported to that forbidden realm. Scorpion hunted Quan Chi relentlessly throughout the Netherrealm. Eventually, though, Quan Chi discovered a way back to Outworld through a strange Portal. Scorpion followed Quan Chi through the Portal, but emerged in a different location far from his prey. He can still sense Quan Chi's presence and will hunt him down whatever the cost.

In my haste to confront my nemesis, Quan Chi, I was ambushed by two oni and cast into a powerful soulnado. I would surely have been torn apart by the souls trapped there had I not managed to escape into the Void. It was there that I first set eyes on the fabled Elder Gods. I would be forever changed by this encounter.

While in the Void, I witnessed, along with the Elder Gods, the death of
Raiden and the re-emergence of the Dragon King. Suddenly aware of my presence, the Elder Gods transformed me into their servent and gave me a new purpose: to prevent the Dragon King from merging the realms.

MadMel
you forgot MKA stick out tongue
btw scorp = ownage!!

shin_gear
Thanks...but it would be those two who would've liked it. 131

Scorpion pwnz....I..guess...

Ridley_Prime
Scorpion owns all other MK ninjas in my book. Ed Boon even said he was his favorite character.

Cool Scorpion tribute:

FDvF9TPEs5s

p.s. Anyone think it would be cool if he could use that fireball move (that he uses in the MK: DA preview thing in that acid stage) during actual gameplay? stick out tongue

Superboy Prime
Amped by the Elder Gods, Scorpion defeats Onaga the Dragon King
69Ymqp0supw

Yes...that is one considerable boost when you take into account how Shang Tsung, QuanChi & Raiden gave Onaga their all and didn't even phase him.

BvVtoVSzkJw

Superboy Prime
Scorpion fights and defeats Sub-Zero 2 in MK4's ending. Quanchi manipulated Scorpz into thinking Sub2 was responsible for the murder of his clan and family. Sadly for Quanchi he reveals the truth and the hellish spectre did not like it. He took Quanchi to the netherrealm with him devil
SS8mH5fIhZ8

shin_gear
clap

Superboy Prime
Scorpion shows of his hellfire skills
C2OB3SZ_dfw

Superboy Prime
Compilation of Scorpion's fatalities(babality & friendship included)
xElH8jNXWyY

Ridley_Prime
*another shameless bump*

Damn. Prime already posted most of the Scorpion vids that I would've posted. Oh well.

There's these though.

Scorpion fighting Subzero in the Mortal Kombat Conquest series, which ends up being another "tie" battle, but still pretty good.

gFtn3po3y-8

Scorpion beating Subzero in the movie Annihilation (which pretty much failed as a whole, unlike the first MK movie, but Scorpion still pwned in it stick out tongue).

TzDJR97VdF0

Ha ha! Liu Kang had to save the sissy ninja Subzero.

2 awesome tributes of Scorpion (in general) in the Conquest series.

RwUaE2fvQuo

Jq4kpZsKXao

(Bah. I don't really like System of a Down, or at least that song by them in the 2nd vid.)

Ridley_Prime
Oh. How could anyone forget to post this shit in Scorpion's respect thread? shifty

2TXPFgRsVUE

And just for laughs laughing out loud...

iLcL87OxQAo

Snafu the Great
Damn. Poor Naruto.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Damn. Poor Naruto.
stick out tongue

I hope me posting that vid doesn't piss off the fanboys. erm

Sado22
GET THAT BOOTY HERE! mad

Furion
Scorpion = most powerful fighter in MK. He can kill Onaga so take that Liu Kang.

Snafu the Great
Cooking with Scorpion, anyone?

3PUmBe3xV4o

Snafu the Great
Bout time I did this right. After all of the MK respect threads I did, I had to right this one.

Bio:

Mortal Kombat

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Gtapia/Mortal%20Kombat/h-scorpion.gif

Like Subzero, Scorpion's true name and origin are not known. It is believed that he is a fallen ninja granted the opprotunity to avenge his death at the hands of the Lin Kuei. He has been given a new body and a uniform which mocks the Lin Kuei's with its cowardly yellow color.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/ScorpionEnding1.gif

Mortal Kombat II

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/bio2-6.gif
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/ScorpionEnding2.gif

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3/Trilogy

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/bio-5.gif

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/end.gif

Scorpion is inadvertently released from his damnation in hell when The Emperor's Plan to overtake that realm goes awry. Free to roam Earth, Scorpion is enlisted by the Emperor to aid him in his quest to destroy the chosen warriors.

But, his allegiance to Shao Kahn falters when he discovers one of the chosen warriors to be Sub-Zero. Scorpion has vowed to protect the former ninja as restitution for killing his brother.

Shao Kahn finds himself the victim of his own scheme as Scorpion is forced to turn against him, he destroys the Emperor and the Earth is returned to normal.

Scorpion finds himself once again roaming the pits of Hell, only to one day rise again.

Snafu the Great
Bio (Part 2)

Mortal Kombat 4/Gold

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/bio4.gif

jHSXCt9keaI

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/bio1-6.gif
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/bio2-7.gif

ExLjoIhKXXg

Mortal Kombat Deception

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/bio1-7.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/bio2-8.jpg

ypqO8G9ggTU

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

RjV4tm6N3N0

King Hellstorm
Scorps goin down in history and for all the right things, it get's no cooler than him.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Furion
Scorpion = most powerful fighter in MK.
Hmm. Yes. Perhaps he is... but he does get whooped by both Shujinko and Taven in Deception's and Armageddon's Konquest modes, so it's debatable.

He can kill Onaga
So can Shujinko shifty, and canon-wise, it was actually him who defeated the Dragon King in Deception, not Scorpion. Don't believe me? Read Onaga's bio in his respect thread. 31

so take that Liu Kang.
Bah. Liu Kang pretty much went downhill after being resurrected as a zombie anyhow. stick out tongue

Cooking with Scorpion, anyone?

3PUmBe3xV4o
laughing How could I forget about that?
It was probably my favorite unlockable video in the Deadly Alliance Krypt.

Bout time I did this right. After all of the MK respect threads I did, I had to right this one.
Yeah, really. Of course, you weren't as experienced at MK respect thread-making when you first made this thread as you are now. stick out tongue

He has been given a new body and a uniform which mocks the Lin Kuei's with its cowardly yellow color.
Cowardly? mad

I always thought his yellow ninja uniform was supposed to represent the yellowness of fire or somethin'. >.>

Mortal Kombat II

Well I'll be...
If he's the "guardian" of the newer Subzero though, then why does Scorpion end up killing him as well in his MK4 ending? roll eyes (sarcastic)

OMG Plot hole!

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

RjV4tm6N3N0
Damn that Quan Chi.

Like I said, he deserved to get transformed into a Kamidogu by the Elder Gods in his Armageddon ending.

Snafu the Great
Some Scorpion videos:

Scorpion vs Mortal Kombat

bbI6tUcs6Ns

Fatality Theater

Qw_MtG_afZE

Ridley_Prime
Scorpion Fatality Demo

Qw_MtG_afZE
Heh. I always did love his fatality in MK4 where he actually turns into a Scorpion laughing out loud (probably my favorite one of his besides where he takes off his mask and burns the opponent). His penguin animality though is just... meh. erm

Also, don't forget his fatality attempt on the so-called "no-talent ass clown".

ocORbVHfHWo

Violent2Dope
Scorpion is EASILY my fave MK character.

Furion
How Cage killed Scorpion, I don't know. Funny how I despise Cage in the games, but I like him in the movie.

Ridley_Prime
How Cage killed Scorpion, I don't know. Funny how I despise Cage in the games, but I like him in the movie.
Meh. The feeling's mutual. stick out tongue

-----

And what's this? An actual sequel to the Ryu vs Scorpion fight? eek!

Zvv_4_sNKWs

Awesome! Happy Dance

Furion
I don't think Shujinko killed Onaga. In Armaggedon, Scorpion's Clan was revived as spectres due to Scorpion doing a job for the Elder Gods. The only job I know of is Defeating Onaga. Of course maybe Scorpion just aided Shujinko.

Ridley_Prime
I don't think Shujinko killed Onaga. In Armaggedon, Scorpion's Clan was revived as spectres due to Scorpion doing a job for the Elder Gods. The only job I know of is Defeating Onaga. Of course maybe Scorpion just aided Shujinko.
Meh. I guess that could be true erm...

It still remains questionable though if the "true champion of the Elder Gods" is really Scorpion or Shujinko. stick out tongue

Furion
Scorpion>Shujinko. Shujinko's just a move stealer and is gonna get his ass kicked by Raiden.

Ridley_Prime
Scorpion>Shujinko.
If that's the case, why does Scorpion get his ass kicked by Shujinko at the end of Deception's Konquest mode? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Though, I can agree that Scorpion's still a cooler character as a whole.

Shujinko's just a move stealer
..... with years and years of combat experience, as he was given the ability to absorb the combat essence of any fighter he encounters by Onaga (disguised as Damashi) himself. smile

and is gonna get his ass kicked by Raiden.
If you're referring to Raiden's Deception ending, I don't think that actually happened and was just one of those "what if?" endings. Otherwise, we wouldn't have seen Shujinko appear in Armageddon.

Furion
1. Cause Shujinko's a move stealer. If he didn't have any of those stolen moves, Scorpion would Toast that dude.
2.Boy that was Onaga's big mistake.
3.Raiden's coming for him. I know it, and You know it. Raiden HATES move stealers.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well I'll be...
If he's the "guardian" of the newer Subzero though, then why does Scorpion end up killing him as well in his MK4 ending? roll eyes (sarcastic)

OMG Plot hole!

Forgive me for saying this, but it's because he was dumb enough to follow Quan Chi, who claimed that Subzero II offed his family. And as for Scorpion's ending, Subzero II got the crap beaten out of him. He wasn't killed.

Quan Chi appears and ran his big mouth about what had really happened, which got him a one-way trip to the Netherrealm, where be basically becomes Scorpion's punching bag until Deadly Alliance.

Furion
Quan Chi wasn't his punching bag, Scorp chased Quan all over the netherrealm. If Scorpion EVER caught Quanchi=Goriest Fatality x 10

Ridley_Prime
1. Cause Shujinko's a move stealer. If he didn't have any of those stolen moves, Scorpion would Toast that dude.
Actually, Shujinko didn't have any special moves (unless you count the throw) when he fights Scorpion in Deception's Konquest mode, because you have to unlock Shujinko's other specials in the Krypt AFTER defeating Scorpion at the end stick out tongue (in a 3-round match).

Nice try though.

2.Boy that was Onaga's big mistake.
Not really. Onaga did what he had to escape from his prison, by manipulating someone into gathering all the Kamidogu in the Nexus for him. Giving Shujinko the ability to absorb the combat essence of any fighter he encounters was but a small price to pay, as Onaga still survived his assault (hence why he came back in Armageddon).

3.Raiden's coming for him. I know it, and You know it. Raiden HATES move stealers.
Meh. Whatever. stick out tongue

Forgive me for saying this, but it's because he was dumb enough to follow Quan Chi, who claimed that Subzero II offed his family. And as for Scorpion's ending, Subzero II got the crap beaten out of him. He wasn't killed.
Oh. He wasn't? Guess I was mistaken then. It sure looked like Subzero got killed though erm (in Scorpion's MK4 ending), but if he didn't die, I guess he just passed out after talking some.

Quan Chi wasn't his punching bag, Scorp chased Quan all over the netherrealm. If Scorpion EVER caught Quanchi=Goriest Fatality x 10
Actually, Quan Chi was his punching bag until he pleaded to Moloch and Drahmin to protect him from the ninja spectre stick out tongue (which then Scorpion had to chase Quan Chi all over the Netherrealm).

Ridley_Prime

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1323/mkcscorpionrd4.jpg

Ridley_Prime
Scorpion's trading card.

E2Ec-rsC7y8

Apparently he's Ed Boon's (MK's co-creator) favorite character.

"The spear move has always been one of my favorite moves in all the Mortal Kombat games, and I don't think we've ever been able to top it."

Furion
The Version without the Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzrbHS4ddJA&feature=related

Ridley_Prime
The Version without the Music
hzrbHS4ddJA
Ah...

I came across that sometime before, and was looking for that video earlier to post it here, but I couldn't find it, though it seems you did. Thanks for posting this. thumb up

I love that. big grin

brainchild81
Scorp should have been the main character instead of Liu

Furion
That would be awesome

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by brainchild81
Yeah...

Or yet, they should make a game specifically for Scorpion, like they did for Subzero (a.k.a. MK Mythologies, except Scorpion's game would be more enjoyable and stuff).

After all, he is Ed Boon's favorite character, so I could see that kind of game happening if he wanted it to.

That would be awesome
Indeed.

-----

Edit: On a side note, I hope they don't end up making making a female version of Scorpion like they did for Subzero (Frost). That would be kinda weird, not to mention it would take away from Scorpion's uniqueness.

Furion
Yeah...

Or yet, they should make a game specifically for Scorpion, like they did for Subzero (a.k.a. MK Mythologies, except Scorpion's game would be more enjoyable and stuff).

After all, he is Ed Boon's favorite character, so I could see that kind of game happening if he wanted it to.

Indeed.

-----

Edit: On a side note, I hope they don't end up making making a female version of Scorpion like they did for Subzero (Frost). That would be kinda weird, not to mention it would take away from Scorpion's uniqueness.

They already did. Tanya.
Scorpion chasing Quan Chi through the Nether Realm to fighting Onaga. Shweet

Ridley_Prime
They already did. Tanya.
Err... Tanya's not a female version of Scorpion, because she doesn't have that spear move (or a slightly altered version of it), and she's not an undead spectre either.

Subzero and Frost on the other hand are both Lin Kuei and both have the ability to freeze in some way, which was why I said Frost was a female version of him, and I'm glad Scorpion doesn't have a female counterpart. stick out tongue Not to sound sexist or anything, but like I said, a female version of Scorpion would kinda take away from his uniqueness.
In the games, I mean. There is a female version of Scorpion in the MK TV series...

zxCMk4fCN1I

But that's non-canon, thankfully.

Scorpion chasing Quan Chi through the Nether Realm to fighting Onaga. Shweet
Indeed. cool

Furion
Tanya LOOKS like Scorpion. Has a move like Scorpion. She based of Scorpion.
That's why she must die.

Ridley_Prime
Tanya LOOKS like Scorpion.
Not really (aside from the yellow costume)...

Has a move like Scorpion.
What? The fireball?
I guess I forgot about that...

She based of Scorpion.
Not really. She wasn't originally killed by Subzero or anyone from the Lin Kuei, and her family/clan wasn't murdered by Quan Chi.

That's why she must die.
That, and she's a traitor to her people (Edenia).

Furion
Her white eyes
That spear move
her looks

SmashBro

I don't think so. Liu Kang fits perfectly as the main character. However, I do believe that Scorpion should have been the main character in Deadly Alliance or Deception.

brainchild81
Originally posted by SmashBro
I don't think so. Liu Kang fits perfectly as the main character. However, I do believe that Scorpion should have been the main character in Deadly Alliance or Deception. Nah. Liu is a by-the-books main character. He puts the "L" in "Lame". "Let's just have some generic asian be the hero again." He's so much less interesting than almost everybody else in the series. Him getting killed was one of the best moments in MK history. I started to respect MK again. Him coming back was the worst. I'ma go find that cool vid w/him getting what he deserves. Scorpion is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler, waaaaaaaaaaay more interesting, & waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more memorable than Liu.

Ridley_Prime
Her white eyes
That spear move
her looks
Oh, yeah. I forgot about the white eyes.

Tanya doesn't have a spear move though. She does however, have an altered version of Scorpion's backflip kick.

However, I do believe that Scorpion should have been the main character in Deadly Alliance or Deception.
Yeah...

Shujinko and Taven took that thunder away from him stick out tongue sad (there wasn't really a main hero in Deadly Alliance though).

Nah. Liu is a by-the-books main character. He puts the "L" in "Lame". "Let's just have some generic asian be the hero again."
So Liu Kang has now become Liu Lame? stick out tongue If ya ask me, that's kinda taking it a little too far. >.>

He's so much less interesting than almost everybody else in the series.
Meh...
To be honest, I kinda think that now too erm (though not to the same extreme as brainchild).

Him getting killed was one of the best moments in MK history.
For Shang Tsung anyway. stick out tongue For everyone else, his death was rather tragic, and even more tragic when Dark Raiden used unholy magic to revive Liu as a zombie to wreck havic on everyone (before Liu regained his consciousness).

Him coming back was the worst.
Err, not really. It was bound to happen anyway though...

I may not hate Liu like you do, but I do think he's a bit overrated. erm

I'ma go find that cool vid w/him getting what he deserves.
What vid?

Scorpion is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler, waaaaaaaaaaay more interesting, & waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more memorable than Liu.
So true, especially on that last part. clap

Furion
Shang breaking his neck, or Shinnok making Liu explode.

SmashBro
Nah. Liu is a by-the-books main character. He puts the "L" in "Lame". "Let's just have some generic asian be the hero again." He's so much less interesting than almost everybody else in the series. Him getting killed was one of the best moments in MK history. I started to respect MK again. Him coming back was the worst. I'ma go find that cool vid w/him getting what he deserves. Scorpion is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler, waaaaaaaaaaay more interesting, & waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more memorable than Liu.

Liu Kang is one of my favorite MK characters. He's definitely not generic. Mortal Kombat wouldn't be the same without him and he is just as memorable as Scorpion. Liu Kang's a classic for sho'.

Shujinko and Taven took that thunder away from him stick out tongue sad (there wasn't really a main hero in Deadly Alliance though).

I honestly thought that Scorpion was the main character when I first played it. It would have been cool though.

Actually, I think he's a bit underrated.

Ridley_Prime
I honestly thought that Scorpion was the main character when I first played it. It would have been cool though.
So did I, at first.

And yeah. It would've been cool, but instead, he just became a victim of Moloch and Drahmin erm (in Scorpion's MK: DA ending). That was disappointing.

Actually, I think he's a bit underrated.
Well, I guess it kinda goes both ways for Liu, depending on the person's point of view. stick out tongue

brainchild81
So Liu Kang has now become Liu Lame? stick out tongue If ya ask me, that's kinda taking it a little too far. >.>

Meh...
To be honest, I kinda think that now too erm (though not to the same extreme as brainchild).

For Shang Tsung anyway. stick out tongue For everyone else, his death was rather tragic, and even more tragic when Dark Raiden used unholy magic to revive Liu as a zombie to wreck havic on everyone (before Liu regained his consciousness).

Err, not really. It was bound to happen anyway though...

What vid?

So true, especially on that last part. clap This one. Click on "Watch this movie" then when it loads, click on the lower left "?". Him getting killed was an awesome vid too. Very high shock value. I never thought they'd kill him off. laughing out loud @ "Liu Lame". Gonna use that one.Originally posted by SmashBro
Liu Kang is one of my favorite MK characters. He's definitely not generic. Mortal Kombat wouldn't be the same without him and he is just as memorable as Scorpion.Nah. Seriously, Scorpion's got perhaps the most famous catch phrase in MK history. Kang........not so much.

Ridley_Prime
This one. Click on "Watch this movie" then when it loads, click on the lower left "?". Him getting killed was an awesome vid too. Very high shock value.
lol Indeed. Sindel and Smoke owned him. laughing out loud

laughing out loud @ "Liu Lame". Gonna use that one.
Heh. stick out tongue

Nah. Seriously, Scorpion's got perhaps the most famous catch phrase in MK history. Kang........not so much.
Indeed...

The flying side kick, fireballs, bicycle kick, etc...
None of those come close to the awesomeness of Scorpion's spear move. 31

SmashBro
Nah. Seriously, Scorpion's got perhaps the most famous catch phrase in MK history. Kang........not so much.

Of course the catchphrase is famous but still, you can't deny the fact that Liu Kang has a use fanbase. You know how unique his Bruce Lee sounds are. They even refer to it as "turkey calls". :smile:

Plus, the bicycle kick is a popular move too.

Furion
Yeah but thanks to Drahmin and Moloch, Sc0rPi0n g0tz Ub3rz sk11lz!!!!11!

King Hellstorm
Scorp needs his own game...Sub had one.

Ridley_Prime
Of course the catchphrase is famous but still, you can't deny the fact that Liu Kang has a use fanbase. You know how unique his Bruce Lee sounds are. They even refer to it as "turkey calls". :smile:

Plus, the bicycle kick is a popular move too.
Yep. Gotta love how he owned Reptile in the movie with it.

And Liu only resembles Bruce Lee in MK1.

Yeah but thanks to Drahmin and Moloch, Sc0rPi0n g0tz Ub3rz sk11lz!!!!11!
Yeah. I guess they caused that indirectly.

Originally posted by King Hellstorm
Scorp needs his own game...Sub had one.
Yeah. That's what I was pointing out earlier. stick out tongue

If Subzero could have uber moves in MK Mythologies like the Polar Blast, just imagine what kind of uber moves Scorpion would have in his own game. eek!

brainchild81

Plus, the bicycle kick is a popular move too. It's pretty cool, but damn near everything is less known when compared to "GET OVER HERE". I'm quite sure Liu's got a good sized fanbase, but scorpion is just too f**kin' cool. I honestly don't hate Kang like I do some other characters, but I really don't see him as cool compared to many of the other MK cats. Many would have made a better main character IMO. "Turkey calls"? that's news to me.

Scorpion triva: Scorp used to say something else when he speared you. What was it?

What did Scorp say to Johnny when Cage took the high ground in the only good MK movie?

Happy New Year!!!!

Ridley_Prime
Scorpion triva: Scorp used to say something else when he speared you. What was it?
"Come here!"

What did Scorp say to Johnny when Cage took the high ground in the only good MK movie?
"Get down here!" stick out tongue

Happy New Year!!!!
Thanks. You too. thumb up

King Hellstorm
Damn, you answered before me.

DarkC
Scorpion is without a doubt the best looking character in the movies too.

Hell, look at how his eyes were done. Two new lines too.

"WELCOME!!!"

"GET DOWN HERE!!!"

Both executed perfectly.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by DarkC
Meh. I thought Subzero's mask looked cooler in the movies. Of course, Scorpion was still more badass in the fight scenes.

His eyes were always white stick out tongue, but yeah. I like how they're like that too.

King Hellstorm
Ya know another thing that was cool bout Scorp? His 2nd out fit in Deadly Alliance...he reminded me of Ghost Rider.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by King Hellstorm
Ya know another thing that was cool bout Scorp? His 2nd out fit in Deadly Alliance...he reminded me of Ghost Rider.
Heh. Yeah...

Didn't Scorpion have an alt costume (with his skull head showing) in MK4 as well though?

I liked his main costume in Deception best though, but his alt costume in Deadly Alliance was awesome too. thumb up

brainchild81
Ditto. One of the coolest ninja ever w/some of the best costumes

SmashBro

"WELCOME!!!"

"GET DOWN HERE!!!"

Both executed perfectly.

Dont forget about:

"SUCKERS!!!"

Vampire Savior
Scorps gotta crank dat dance

Ridley_Prime
All hail king Scorpion!

J4DCZAtF4r4

Seriously though, what were they thinking when they made that ending?

Ridley_Prime
Mortal Kombat II

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/bio2-6.gif
Continuing from this ending, he does indeed protect the newer Sub-zero... from Reptile's deadly grasp.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9787/mk0224xj0.jpg

Nice to see all 3 of the original MK ninjas in one panel.

Ridley_Prime
I came across this the day, lol'd, and figured I should probably post it here.

Tx1orm_ihNE

Nemesis X
All hail king Scorpion!

J4DCZAtF4r4

Just like Scorpion, Midway must have gotten hit in the head by Joker's boxing glove.

Bro SMASH
I don't see what's wrong with that ending. Besides, Scorpion looks even more badass in that ending.

No End N Site
Don't know if this has been posted yet, it looks cool.

http://xfc.xanga.com/85af61fb62135258926683/b206149507.jpg

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I don't see what's wrong with that ending. Besides, Scorpion looks even more badass in that ending.
But he'll lose that badassness and turn gay automatically once he transforms into Dark Khan.

Also, yeah. Nice pic No End.

Demonic Phoenix
All hail king Scorpion!

J4DCZAtF4r4

Who cares. His power is over 9000! now.
Besides, Scorpion badassness trumps gay rage, he'll never succumb to the likes of Dark Khan.

Continuing from this ending, he does indeed protect the newer Sub-zero... from Reptile's deadly grasp.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9787/mk0224xj0.jpg

Nice to see all 3 of the original MK ninjas in one panel.

Wasn't that dedication to protect Sub-Zero retconned?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Who cares. His power is over 9000! now.
Besides, Scorpion badassness trumps gay rage, he'll never succumb to the likes of Dark Khan.
One can only hope. mmm

Wasn't that dedication to protect Sub-Zero retconned?
I suppose so, but don't know for sure. shrug

FWahMaN
Doing the shun goku satsu on Scorpion is the worst mistake Akuma would ever make. laughing out loud

majid86
By far my favourite MK character tied with Raiden & Kung Lao

And what would MK be without Scorpian?
MK 3! lol

Sappho
lol

Bro SMASH
qauHMSX8uzY

Just a video giving a quick history about Scorpion.

Ridley_Prime
Already posted that in the MK9 thread. smile

Demonic Phoenix
God, I hope they don't retcon Scorpion killing off Elder Sub-Zero...though it would be nice to have Elder Sub-Zero alive.

No End N Site
Looks very interesting. I hope Scorps Ghost Rider-esq costume returns.

Ridley_Prime
Don't know how the elder Subzero's fate will turn out this time, but I still predict the younger Sub will become a cyborg like Smoke, Sector, and Cyrax.

Ridley_Prime
I need to get me one of these someday. mmm

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2089/mortalkombatdeceptionsc.jpg

No End N Site
DATZ HOT! My brother has a Sub Zero one. Wanna steal it so bad.

Dynamic Entry
Scorpion is a stupid newb. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon7.gif

Sorry had an urge to say that. stick out tongue He's cool and has my respect.

ringtones
scorpion is cool but he always gets his ass kicked, killed by elder sub zero, defeated by elder sub zero even when he became spector, defeated by moloch and drahmin in deadly alliance, defeated by quan chi once they were in the outworld and quan chi got his powers back, defeated by sub zero in armageddon intro, defeated by batman, liu kang, sub zero,lex luthor.... and the only time he beat someone is younger sub zero in mortal kombat 4 thats sad

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ringtones
defeated by sub zero in armageddon intro
When in the intro was this? All they did was stalemate in a brief sword battle before they went onto showing others fight.

defeated by batman, liu kang, sub zero,lex luthor....
Non-canon, though if we were to include MKvsDC, Scorpion beat the Joker, Kitana, Wonder Woman, Superman, and managed to defeat the Flash before he himself fell in the final battle.

and the only time he beat someone is younger sub zero in mortal kombat 4 thats sad
And got his revenge against elder Sub-zero in Mortal Kombat 1, defeated plenty of Onaga's Tarkattan hordes, etc., etc..

ringtones
When in the intro was this? All they did was stalemate in a brief sword battle before they went onto showing others fight.

Non-canon, though if we were to include MKvsDC, Scorpion beat the Joker, Kitana, Wonder Woman, Superman, and managed to defeat the Flash before he himself fell in the final battle.

And got his revenge against elder Sub-zero in Mortal Kombat 1, defeated plenty of Onaga's Tarkattan hordes, etc., etc..

sub zero overpowered him in that fight at the end

ok lets say marvel vs DC is non canon because of the power shifting BUT he was defeated by liu kang and sub zero before the power shifting began so techniquely the only thing that is canon is scorpion being defeated by sub zero and liu kang

he didnt defeat onagas trkans it was part of his ending where he also defeated onaga its just a what if ending and even if we include that what if ending he was impowered by the elder gods to defeat onaga so it wasnt oredenery scorpion

wow so he beat elder sub zero at the end and defeated younger sub zero in mortal kombat 4 thats it? he got his ass kicked o many times its not even funny

Bro SMASH
The power shifting started after Shao Kahn and Darkseid merged.

Ridley_Prime
sub zero overpowered him in that fight at the end
Show me.

ok lets say marvel vs DC is non canon because of the power shifting BUT he was defeated by liu kang and sub zero before the power shifting began so techniquely the only thing that is canon is scorpion being defeated by sub zero and liu kang
As someone pointed out, the power shifting started right when Dark Khan was born. Anything having to do with Mortal Kombat vs DC in general though is non-canon. Not that Scorpion needed a power shift to deal with Kitana and Joker anyway. Superman of course was weakened by the universes merging for most of the story and thus was more vulnerable to people's magic (Scorpion's nether power, Sub-zero's freezing, Shang Tsung's sorcery, etc). But again, non-canon crossover is non-canon.

he didnt defeat onagas trkans it was part of his ending where he also defeated onaga its just a what if ending
While the part with him defeating Onaga wasn't canon, the part with him doing away with the Tarkattan hordes was. Hence why Shujinko didn't have to deal with them and was able to go straight for Onaga.

and even if we include that what if ending he was impowered by the elder gods to defeat onaga so it wasnt oredenery scorpion
So? A lot of characters in the series receive power enhancements of some kind, whether it be Sub-zero's powers being amplified by the Liu-Kuei dragon medallion, the bad guys becoming immortal or near immortal when they have the sacred amulet, etc. And even after Scorpion was no longer supported by the Elder Gods, he still had other formidable never-been-seen powers when he first confronted Taven (summon giant flaming skulls, make big boulders fall from the sky, etc).

wow so he beat elder sub zero at the end and defeated younger sub zero in mortal kombat 4 thats it? he got his ass kicked o many times its not even funny
*shrug* The Moloch and Drahmin encounter wasn't a fair fight anyway since it was 2 on 1. But yeah, Scorpion does seem to often get the short end of the stick, despite being one of the most likable characters in the series, and Ed Boon's personal favorite.

Ridley_Prime
Back to actually contributing to the respect thread.. I'm starting to like Scorpion's new design the more I see it. eek!

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9913/render061.png http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2096/scorpiong.png

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5327/imagegallery6.png

Demonic Phoenix
I need to get me one of these someday. mmm

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2089/mortalkombatdeceptionsc.jpg

F***in Awesome. Sorry I didn't reply to the pm about this btw. >__>
Srsly thought I already had.

Back to actually contributing to the respect thread.. I'm starting to like Scorpion's new design the more I see it. eek!

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9913/render061.png http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2096/scorpiong.png

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5327/imagegallery6.png

Agreed. That first pic looks like a figurine. Looks awesome enough that I'd want to buy it.

Ridley_Prime
F***in Awesome. Sorry I didn't reply to the pm about this btw. >__>
Srsly thought I already had.
Oh.. S'okay then. Guess you should check your outbox a little more often though.

Agreed. That first pic looks like a figurine. Looks awesome enough that I'd want to buy it.
Haha, yeah. And I guess Scorpion will be able to dual-wield some in the game (akin to how Quan Chi does with the broadswords) based on that image. Awesome.

Also, pretty cool wallpapers of the new game's character designs found on the kamidogu site, with Scorpion's on the top right.

http://www.kamidogu.com/downloads/wallpaper/

Snafu the Great
Gamestop commercial for MK9.

p7kSBL-XhTQ

optic_blast!!!
Show me.

As someone pointed out, the power shifting started right when Dark Khan was born. Anything having to do with Mortal Kombat vs DC in general though is non-canon. Not that Scorpion needed a power shift to deal with Kitana and Joker anyway. Superman of course was weakened by the universes merging for most of the story and thus was more vulnerable to people's magic (Scorpion's nether power, Sub-zero's freezing, Shang Tsung's sorcery, etc). But again, non-canon crossover is non-canon.

While the part with him defeating Onaga wasn't canon, the part with him doing away with the Tarkattan hordes was. Hence why Shujinko didn't have to deal with them and was able to go straight for Onaga.

So? A lot of characters in the series receive power enhancements of some kind, whether it be Sub-zero's powers being amplified by the Liu-Kuei dragon medallion, the bad guys becoming immortal or near immortal when they have the sacred amulet, etc. And even after Scorpion was no longer supported by the Elder Gods, he still had other formidable never-been-seen powers when he first confronted Taven (summon giant flaming skulls, make big boulders fall from the sky, etc).

*shrug* The Moloch and Drahmin encounter wasn't a fair fight anyway since it was 2 on 1. But yeah, Scorpion does seem to often get the short end of the stick, despite being one of the most likable characters in the series, and Ed Boon's personal favorite.

watch the mortal kombat armageddon intro and see for yourself dont avoid the facts scorpion got owned by sub zero in that sword fight

when ever power shifting was involed it was impyed to us by showing there eyes glowing which told us they werent themselves, but before all that merging and shifting before all that happens scorpion was defeated by liu kang and sub zero unless you can prove to me that the power shifting began right after kahn and darkseid merged which is just your speculation since it never was implyed that way, it was implyed that all that power shifting began after they started to switch universes and glowing eyes which happened after scorpion got his ass kicked

what was told us is that the MKvsDC storyline isnt canon but not the fights because you see that storyline puts us in a what if situation but what it brings to the table is what would happen IF that particular story happened which means how those fighters WOULD fight if that particular situation occurred so while the storyline isnt canon the fights should be canon until the power shifting began

as i said again scorpion defeating tarkan troops is just part of his ending which is just a what if just like every other ending or would you like to believe that every single ending happened and more than 40 characters defeated onaga ?

you are just speculating and bring baseless things you make up just to suit your so called argument which is based on nothing, scorpions ending isnt canon you cant say that part of it canon because if you say him beating up tarkan hords is canon you also admit him destroying onaga is canon which is bullshit

scorpion got a real power boost from the gods thats not scorpion and he doesnt have that power anymore so thats like saying thanos with the heart of the universe and then pretend its the ordenery thanos which is bullshit

thaks for reminding me that scorpion also got his ass kicked by taven smile

the moloch and drahmin encouter just proves once again scorpion cant handle some nobodies and yet again shows us he gets his ass kicked but comes back

yep scorpion does get his ass kicked all the time so seriously him being the coolest character like most people think is unreal

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by optic_blast!!!
watch the mortal kombat armageddon intro and see for yourself dont avoid the facts scorpion got owned by sub zero in that sword fight
'k. At what part/minute/second of the video does it show Scorpion losing to Sub-zero in that fight?

4LZB3c7nbs8

when ever power shifting was involed it was impyed to us by showing there eyes glowing which told us they werent themselves, but before all that merging and shifting before all that happens scorpion was defeated by liu kang and sub zero unless you can prove to me that the power shifting began right after kahn and darkseid merged which is just your speculation since it never was implyed that way, it was implyed that all that power shifting began after they started to switch universes and glowing eyes which happened after scorpion got his ass kicked

what was told us is that the MKvsDC storyline isnt canon but not the fights because you see that storyline puts us in a what if situation but what it brings to the table is what would happen IF that particular story happened which means how those fighters WOULD fight if that particular situation occurred so while the storyline isnt canon the fights should be canon until the power shifting began
The power shifting beginning right after Darkseid and Kahn's merge isn't speculation, it's fact... How else does Superman become so much weaker when he returns to the fortress of solitude right after blasting Darkseid through that boom tube?

That makes no sense. MKvsDC's storyline is non-canon. The fights are part of the storyline. Thus, the fights should not be considered canon either. A "what if" situation is usually one of the first things that signifies that something's non-canon too, so yeah.

as i said again scorpion defeating tarkan troops is just part of his ending which is just a what if just like every other ending or would you like to believe that every single ending happened and more than 40 characters defeated onaga ?

you are just speculating and bring baseless things you make up just to suit your so called argument which is based on nothing, scorpions ending isnt canon you cant say that part of it canon because if you say him beating up tarkan hords is canon you also admit him destroying onaga is canon which is bullshit
It is possible for part of an ending to be canon and for another part of it to not be. In Quan Chi's MK4 ending for example, it's canon/true that he made an exact duplicate of the real amount, which he gave to Shinnok while keeping the real one for himself. But the part with Quan killing Shinnok with a blast from the amulet is not canon. If you still think I'm bullshitting when I speak for Scorpion defeating those Tarkattan hordes, then I'll gladly name other examples.

the moloch and drahmin encouter just proves once again scorpion cant handle some nobodies and yet again shows us he gets his ass kicked but comes back

yep scorpion does get his ass kicked all the time so seriously him being the coolest character like most people think is unreal
Good thing he's immune to death then. Find it funny though how you give excuses for Liu when he died in a 2 on 1 encounter, but when Raiden and Scorpion lost in a 2 on 1, you do the opposite, or completely bash them in their own respect threads, so to speak.

And I don't think most people find Scorpion to be cool or one of the coolest based on how much he wins or loses, but rather, based on how he's the title's foremost anti-hero; his demeanor, characteristics, persona, and self-reliance all contribute to his popularity, with Scorpion being the most human in nature and choice when compared to the typical good guys and bad guys of the series.

optic_blast!!!
'k. At what part/minute/second of the video does it show Scorpion losing to Sub-zero in that fight?

4LZB3c7nbs8

The power shifting beginning right after Darkseid and Kahn's merge isn't speculation, it's fact... How else does Superman become so much weaker when he returns to the fortress of solitude right after blasting Darkseid through that boom tube?

That makes no sense. MKvsDC's storyline is non-canon. The fights are part of the storyline. Thus, the fights should not be considered canon either. A "what if" situation is usually one of the first things that signifies that something's non-canon too, so yeah.

It is possible for part of an ending to be canon and for another part of it to not be. In Quan Chi's MK4 ending for example, it's canon/true that he made an exact duplicate of the real amount, which he gave to Shinnok while keeping the real one for himself. But the part with Quan killing Shinnok with a blast from the amulet is not canon. If you still think I'm bullshitting when I speak for Scorpion defeating those Tarkattan hordes, then I'll gladly name other examples.

Good thing he's immune to death then. Find it funny though how you give excuses for Liu when he died in a 2 on 1 encounter, but when Raiden and Scorpion lost in a 2 on 1, you do the opposite, or completely bash them in their own respect threads, so to speak.

And I don't think most people find Scorpion to be cool or one of the coolest based on how much he wins or loses, but rather, based on how he's the title's foremost anti-hero; his demeanor, characteristics, persona, and self-reliance all contribute to his popularity, with Scorpion being the most human in nature and choice when compared to the typical good guys and bad guys of the series.

at 1:00 exactly you can see sub zero overpower scorpion and takes him down with that sword strike

again this is your speculation about the power shifting and nothing more because the merge of shao kahn and darkseid is the cause to all of this but it was never stated or implyed that right after there merge it happened so again you speculate some more bullshit , it was implyed that the power shifting began right after they started to switch words and when they started to have glowing eyes thats what was implyed because other than than we have nothing to go by so again you fail

the storyline of MKvsDC isnt canon how ever it shows us how the fighters would have fought in that particular situation if that did happen so i would say the fights are canon and i got logic behind me unlike you

again you are making things out of your ass, it was stated in the storyline itself that quan chi tricked shinnok therefor it is half canon BUT it was never stated or implyed that scorpion actually defeat those tarkans for all we know it was only stated in his ending which is again not canon and never happened so therefor its not canon and once again i got some base to back me up while all you got is nothing but strawman things you make up

liu kang beating the hell out of shang tsung and being secretly attacked from behind by quan chi is a good enough showing which shows us that even combined they were afraid to fight him 2 on 1 and losing to the deadly alliance isnt that bad however losing to some nobodies like drahmin and moloch thats sad indeed again you fail

Ridley_Prime
again this is your speculation about the power shifting and nothing more because the merge of shao kahn and darkseid is the cause to all of this but it was never stated or implyed that right after there merge it happened so again you speculate some more bullshit
It's not mere speculation if I'm using facts or things that happened to back myself up, which I did when I brought up that Superman example, so you sir are the one that fails. dur

and i got logic behind me unlike you
More like you twist logic... It really makes no sense to say that MKvsDC's story isn't canon, and then to say that the fights within it are.

again you are making things out of your ass, it was stated in the storyline itself that quan chi tricked shinnok therefor it is half canon BUT it was never stated or implyed that scorpion actually defeat those tarkans for all we know it was only stated in his ending which is again not canon and never happened so therefor its not canon and once again i got some base to back me up while all you got is nothing but strawman things you make up
lol It was stated that Elder God-empowered Scorpion defeated some of Baraka's Tarkattan hordes. Get your facts straight before you come at me with those silly claims of yours about me.

liu kang beating the hell out of shang tsung and being secretly attacked from behind by quan chi is a good enough showing which shows us that even combined they were afraid to fight him 2 on 1 and losing to the deadly alliance isnt that bad however losing to some nobodies like drahmin and moloch thats sad indeed again you fail
Drahmin and Moloch are a couple of the strongest Oni demons in the Netherrealm, the latter of whom has three moves that can heal himself. Why do you think Quan Chi used them as bodyguards against Scorpion? Even 'nobodies' can be overwhelming when they've got strength in numbers. It was said too that Scorpion fought well against the two Oni before being thrown into the soulnado by them, which leads me to believe that he could take either of them if it were 1 on 1, especially since Scorpion grows stronger just by simply being in the Netherrealm.

optic_blast!!!
It's not mere speculation if I'm using facts or things that happened to back myself up, which I did when I brought up that Superman example, so you sir are the one that fails. dur

More like you twist logic... It really makes no sense to say that MKvsDC's story isn't canon, and then to say that the fights within it are.

lol It was stated that Elder God-empowered Scorpion defeated some of Baraka's Tarkattan hordes. Get your facts straight before you come at me with those silly claims of yours about me.

Drahmin and Moloch are a couple of the strongest Oni demons in the Netherrealm, the latter of whom has three moves that can heal himself. Why do you think Quan Chi used them as bodyguards against Scorpion? Even 'nobodies' can be overwhelming when they've got strength in numbers. It was said too that Scorpion fought well against the two Oni before being thrown into the soulnado by them, which leads me to believe that he could take either of them if it were 1 on 1, especially since Scorpion grows stronger just by simply being in the Netherrealm.

you bring superman to prove what? the only thing it proves is that there was a power shifting which i never denyed however the question here is WHEN the power shifting started and as i said before you dont have any proof that it began right after the merge of shao kahn and darkseid so you fail big time

its because you clearly cant understand the context of my statement as i said already the storyline itself isnt canon BUT it portray us what would happen in that situation which is how would they fight genious

you fail again since it was stated that the elder gods empowered scorpion to defeat onaga it was never stated as a fact that he beat the tarkan warriors, just because they gave him powers to do something doesnt mean he actually did it so again you fail big time as always

again specilations and nothing more than speculations , taking away all the things you pull out of your ass the facts are scorpion got owned by 2 onis that never proved themselves and they both were defeated by cyrex i guess you didnt know that did you? cyrex encouter the 2 onis and defeats them both so that tells us that the onis are lame and scorpion is even lamer now get lost

Nemesis X
Great balls of fire, Scorpion showed Quan Chi the true meaning of pain:

I4bAbMbrDH0&feature=related

Ridley_Prime
True meaning of pain? I can show you all that and more if you get that game and play against me. 313

Heh, just read the post above yours... Now I'm even more glad I stopped bothering with that guy here.

Nemesis X
True meaning of pain? I can show you all that and more if you get that game and play against me. 313

While it's true that you might kick my @$$ in MK9, is that really more painful than having your nuts burnt by hellfire?

Ridley_Prime
Depends on one's meaning of painful. stick out tongue

CapPlanet
how is scorpion bad ass when he got defeated by 2 onis that got owned by cyrex? shows you just where scorpion stands as far as power

Ridley_Prime
Yet Scorpion beat both Cyrax and Sektor at the same time when he fought them in MK9, so your point is moot.

SasuOna
Originally posted by CapPlanet
how is scorpion bad ass when he got defeated by 2 onis that got owned by cyrex? shows you just where scorpion stands as far as power

Well this is right from a timeline perspective at least.
MK9 when he fought cyrax and sektor is around MK1 but when he loses to the two onis that was Deadly alliance.
I guess Cyrax got stronger or Scorpion got weaker.

Bro SMASH
Cyrax likely got stronger. He wasn't even a cyborg yet during the MK1 tournament in MK9.

red sabre
Yet Scorpion beat both Cyrax and Sektor at the same time when he fought them in MK9, so your point is moot.

he beat them while they were humans and didnt have the cyborg upgrades, the onis were defeated by the cyborg cyrax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.