One Piece: slowest pacing ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel

Dusty
Dragon Ball Z.

Nuff said.

Accel
Even DBZ didn't have a chapter dedicated to every little detail. Most of their long-winded stuff was filler, which One Piece also has in spades.

superkronick92
Did anyone see the DBZ, One Piece crossover, yes they really have one

chickenlover98
no way. kronick link that shit

superkronick92
Search it on youtube, I havent seen it for a while

chickenlover98
its some japanese ppl yelling at each other

Sol Valentine
LOL.

chickenlover98
im serious. its live ppl yeling at each other at a carnival or some shit.

Sol Valentine
really? At a carnival they're yelling at each other to voice a manga?

chickenlover98
type in one piece dragonaball z into youtube click vid number 1

Accel
There was an actual OP/DBZ crossover created by both Oda and Toriyama, though it's nothing special.

It's basically one chapter showing On Piece characters and Dragonball characters interacting and doing random things (like Nami and Bulma robbing a bank, Krillin and Chopper being train attendents, etc) and then it ends with every one having cake and tea with Shenron. Seriously.

I originally saw it here, but it doesn't look like the scans work for some reason.

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/3582254.html
http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/3587783.html
http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/3592091.html

Accel
So, what, no one else agrees with me on this topic?

Black Adam
Definitely way to slow. I believe Oda has admitted that he isn't even halfway done with series yet.

but as slow as one piece is...it will probably be over before Berserk is.

Kero_Co
I think berserk is slow because the devil is in the detail. There's baddass killing, but that comes second to the plot and character, which is the very reason it's awesome.
Slowest anime I can recall is Detevtive Conan. The main plot moves forward maybe once every season. It's a shame it was taken off the air so early too, it was really drawing in the softcore otakus. Cartoon Network has so many licenses they arn't using, it's baffling how they choose to show tired Inu-Yasha reruns instead.

Ozone
Originally posted by Accel
So, what, no one else agrees with me on this topic?

I agree with you.

I stopped watching it a several weeks ago because of that.

It sucks now.

Accel
I don't think it sucks (the fights with CP9 did kick ass), but my problem is that Oda does stuff like waste 10 chapters on the friggin train ride they took to get to Enies Lobby and then another 5 chapters showing them breaking into the place.

I mean, cripes, he could have easily condensed all that into 5 chapters or less if he didn't focus so much on fights and one-shot characters.

Symmetric Chaos
I recall Pokemon being slower paced (yet to technically finish the first story arc IIRC) but thats about it.

Tallis
Inuyasha is dreadfully slower paced. At least with One Piece their SOME plot movement, and the locations variate. And you get to see new characters.

But in Inuyasha is all FOREST FOREST FOREST, little village, little village, Castle, castle. And its always the same characters over and over again. The first time we had any real group of antagonist's was with the Band of Seven. Thankfully the manga is drawing to a close, as all the characters are recieving their final power-ups.

WHITEBEARD

Fire Ninja
The slow pacing helps make for a better story in the long run, why do you think one piece keeps getting better?

Accel
Yeah, but there's a limit before it just becomes too much. Did we really need so many pointless chapters dedicated to how Luffy, Usopp, and Sanji reunited with the rest of the crew after they became separated in the the Skypaeia arc?

Or for that matter, did any one really care about the history behind the giant golden bell and the two men who became best friends 400 years ago?

Black Adam
Or for that matter, did any one really care about the history behind the giant golden bell and the two men who became best friends 400 years ago?

I did. The only thing that made the entire arc worthwhile.

Accel
You don't count.

Black Adam
You don't count.

NO U.

King Kandy
And my GOD Alabasta took forever! Maybe If they hadn't had a story arc dedicated to every little island, it would have been bearable.

Fire Ninja
Yeah, but there's a limit before it just becomes too much. Did we really need so many pointless chapters dedicated to how Luffy, Usopp, and Sanji reunited with the rest of the crew after they became separated in the the Skypaeia arc?

Well, I found Sky-Island to be long winded in the long run. But, cydains history was important to the story, the only thing I hate about One Piece is the Flashbacks before fights and Vivi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.