Deathwing the Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Remindme

Remindme

Sol Valentine
Powers and Abilities? He looks badass!

Remindme
Lets see:

Powers & Abilities:

Deathwing is a Dragon Aspect, a Dragon who has receiced powers from the old gods. He can breath fire and lava. Also he is many times a normal dragons size.

Harnessing the power of Demon Soul, he has immense magical powers and resistances.

After first harnessing Demon Soul his body became weakened and unstable, so he had goblins cover his scales in Adamantium.

Sol Valentine
Cool, a dragon Wolverine.

Remindme
Didn't konw Wolverine could breath lava ermm

Sol Valentine
jes he can!

He's like Wolverine! He WTF ZOMGpwns everyone in the known galaxies!

just kidding!

shin_gear
Wow lots of nice info. Great work Remindme. yes

Remindme
Yay ^-^ thanks ^-^ I just realised, no one has given any huge monsters respect yet cry (Unless you count the Prime Evils)

Now we have ^-^ and I'll do some more when i can be bothered smile

Darth Extecute
Ah, Deathwing.. The sworn enemy to all none-draconical life-forms.. He's one badass dragon.. Respectable.. Third strongest aspect wink

Remindme
I have a strong urge to put Deathing in a VS .....but against who.....

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Remindme
I have a strong urge to put Deathing in a VS .....but against who.....

Just dont over-rate him.. He is powerful, but only a mortal soul..

Remindme
Yeah i know, thats why thinking of a match is so hard ^^'

Darth Extecute
This is something my friend found at Wikipedia.. Since the discussion concerning if his skin was diamond or fictional was so thick, this link should go in the benefit of the fact that his skin isn't diamond, but a harder substance..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamant

Adamant doesn't mean "diamond", it's just used to diamonds because it's so far the toughest matter in the world.. Thus' Adamant doesn't at all mean diamond, as it's just something we connect it to in real life..

So I guess Neltharion and Wolverine are two good examples of the fact that adamand doesn't actually mean "diamond"

TricksterPriest
Deathwing is not dead. He's in Outland. http://www.wowwiki.com/Deathwing

It appears that "The Master" (perhaps Deathwing) has come to learn of Nefarian's attempts at creating a new dragonflight. He now wishes that the Dragonmaw hand his Netherwing over to him so that he may continue that experiment. Apparently, he will be most grateful for them, as he has sent Lady Sinestra to bargain with Overlord Mor'ghor for them.

Lady Sinestra says: Overlord Mor'ghor, I presume... A pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. I am Lady Sinestra.
Overlord Mor'ghor says: I will not drag this out any further than it needs, Lady Sinestra. You have bent my ear, now tell me what it is that you want from the Dragonmaw.
Lady Sinestra says: You have no doubt heard about Nefarian's failures on Azeroth... While he has fallen, the experiment continues. My master... He continues the work that his progeny began.
Overlord Mor'ghor says: The... The master? He lives?
Lady Sinestra nods.
Lady Sinestra says: You were once a chief lieutenant, Mor'ghor. Your work in Grim Batol is not easily forgotten. Now... We need the eggs that you recovered. The Netherwing eggs. They are, after all, a product of the master. We will pay whatever price that you ask.
Overlord Mor'ghor stammers.
Overlord Mor'ghor says: Ye... Yes, yes... Of course. We need only the crystals and ore from this place. There is... We will need mounts.
Lady Sinestra says: The master will be most pleased with this news. The Black Dragonflight will provide you all that you ask. You will be allowed to ride upon the backs of our drakes as needed. I thank you for your graciousness, Mor'ghor. I must now take my leave.

After this conversation, Sinestra transforms into a black dragon and flies away.

This conversation makes it apparent that Deathwing is almost certainly alive and is most likely somewhere in Outland.

Becci
I never doubted him living, because it was never specified that he was slain big grin

Him being alive increase his awesomeness a lot, though, since he started a war against all flights and Azeroth and lived it trough.

EvilAngel
Very much alive and a new concept art make him just.... awesome. Enjoy =)

http://us.media.blizzard.com/c_1256-4/wallpaper/deathwing/deathwing_1024x0768.jpg

He will be featuring as the main villain in the new world of warcraft expansion: Cataclysm

Q'Anilia
There really weren't any other outcome for the next expansion. Deathwing has been plotting for years. Ever since his previous failure.

Burning thought
He looks incredible, I look forward to this, although I was right about his adamantium, theres a huge amount of area on his body it does not cover.

Q'Anilia
Not according to Khadgar. According to Khadgar, he is plated all over. Although the picture does contradict that statement.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2698/deathwingcataclysm.jpg

Burning thought
maybe Khadgar was not being so specific, and was exagerating a little. For example ive called and had things called by other people covered in something when its only a small amount.

Although he looks the best of any of the aspects imo so far...

Q'Anilia
He also looks different from the description by Rhonin and Vereesa.

ares834
He is a BAMF. Far cooler than I imagined.

Q'Anilia
Anyone with lava instead of blood can be nothing else stick out tongue

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Burning thought
He looks incredible, I look forward to this, although I was right about his adamantium, theres a huge amount of area on his body it does not cover.

Well you are right and wrong. He WAS coated in adamantium. But, having attended Blizzcon 2009 *she says smugly* I think they have been revealing a bit of info on him.

Obviously what we knew before was he had himself covering in Adimantium to stop demon souls effects from tearing him apart. he ended up loosing it, but his degeneration didn't change.

So far Blizzard revealed allot about current Deathwing. what he's been doing up til now. He's just been healing, and growing more powerful, to the point where now he is able to physically break through the elemental plane of earth into Azeroth. Thus causing the cataclysm. As the name suggests this causes enormous damage to the world, tearing tears lands, causing tsunami's etc etc. Reshaping almost everything in warcraft's eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor. (Very cool imo =) )

But anyway, Yeah, they made it sort of sound like he's been ditching his armor. I mean, if you look at his lower jaw, and stomach in that one shot by Q'Anilia it looks like they are the only places the metal remains. Since he's been healing, he doesn't need the armour anymore to hold himself together. And since he's hot stuff, it would seem he hasn't bothered replacing the parts he's lost due to his natural power.

Of course this is all pretty much speculation atm. They haven't been specific. Looks like we'll have to wait for the expansion to learn more =)

What they have said is his power now is "tenfold" what it was. So if he WAS as powerful as Alexstrasza, he's on a whole new level now. Though i guess it makes sense, since even Alexstrasza can't alter the world in years like he did in apparently only a number of hours.

Q'Anilia
Healing from what, I wonder. He retreated in Day of the Dragon, but he wasn't really injured. He brushed of the attacks of the aspects like they were nothing, but knew he couldn't defeat them, so he fled. I don't think the battle injured him much.

As of before that, Rhonin described Deathwing to be a dragon as black as night. According to him, Deathwing was all black, this declared when Deathwing could fly over the night sky without being seen even when he was close to the ground.

Then there's Khadgar. When Khadgar fought Deathwing, he stated that there was no part of Deathwing that wasn't covered by plates. Khadgar couldn't do anything until the point where he discovered a damage, a crack between two scales and used it to his advantage.
So obviously for Khadgar it was hard to find any place on Deathwing's body that wasn't clad by adamantium.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Healing from what, I wonder. He retreated in Day of the Dragon, but he wasn't really injured. He brushed of the attacks of the aspects like they were nothing, but knew he couldn't defeat them, so he fled. I don't think the battle injured him much.

As of before that, Rhonin described Deathwing to be a dragon as black as night. According to him, Deathwing was all black, this declared when Deathwing could fly over the night sky without being seen even when he was close to the ground.

Then there's Khadgar. When Khadgar fought Deathwing, he stated that there was no part of Deathwing that wasn't covered by plates. Khadgar couldn't do anything until the point where he discovered a damage, a crack between two scales and used it to his advantage.
So obviously for Khadgar it was hard to find any place on Deathwing's body that wasn't clad by adamantium.

His own malice and power was what was damaging his body. Atleast that's what they said at blizzcon.

I had always thought it was demon soul's power that was the causing of it, but maybe not?

Q'Anilia
The Dragon Soul changed Deathwing, but what he did, he did to himself. Once the process had begun, it wasn't going to stop. Dragon Soul or no Dragon Soul.

Either it's retcon then, or we have Richard A. Knaak to blame for Deathwing being dandy in Day of the Dragon. Because Day of the Dragon is relatively near current date, and he was fine there.
Of course, there was a hunt scene for Deathwing that wasn't described in the book. When Malygos, Nozdormu and Ysera went after Neltharion, we didn't hear any more of him in that book. Things could've happened before he escaped.

Alexstrasza attacking him could've resulted in some chain-reaction as well.

Burning thought
Originally posted by EvilAngel

I had always thought it was demon soul's power that was the causing of it, but maybe not?

This is what I thought as well...

EvilAngel
The Dragon Soul changed Deathwing, but what he did, he did to himself. Once the process had begun, it wasn't going to stop. Dragon Soul or no Dragon Soul.

Either it's retcon then, or we have Richard A. Knaak to blame for Deathwing being dandy in Day of the Dragon. Because Day of the Dragon is relatively near current date, and he was fine there.
Of course, there was a hunt scene for Deathwing that wasn't described in the book. When Malygos, Nozdormu and Ysera went after Neltharion, we didn't hear any more of him in that book. Things could've happened before he escaped.

Alexstrasza attacking him could've resulted in some chain-reaction as well.

Hmmm, chain reaction? what kind of reaction do you have in mind?

Originally posted by Burning thought
This is what I thought as well...

Guess the guys at Blizz have been hiding some things from us.

Since they also said they've been planning Deathwing since vanilla. 5 years ago.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Hmmm, chain reaction? what kind of reaction do you have in mind?

Guess the guys at Blizz have been hiding some things from us.

Since they also said they've been planning Deathwing since vanilla. 5 years ago.

Lava flows in the vains of Deathwing. Any type of activity that "awaken" his body beyond its common state can result in what could be defined as eruption.

After all, Alexstrasza beat him up pretty badly. A lot more than Nozdormu, Ysera and Malygos combined. Something Deathwing didn't see coming. It could've thrown him of guard, but it could also have started something inside him. Like how activity causes a vulcano to eventually erupt, the lava in his veins could perhaps have become more active either as a result of Alexstrasza beating him up, or the hunt by the other aspects off-panel.

EvilAngel
Lava flows in the vains of Deathwing. Any type of activity that "awaken" his body beyond its common state can result in what could be defined as eruption.

After all, Alexstrasza beat him up pretty badly. A lot more than Nozdormu, Ysera and Malygos combined. Something Deathwing didn't see coming. It could've thrown him of guard, but it could also have started something inside him. Like how activity causes a vulcano to eventually erupt, the lava in his veins could perhaps have become more active either as a result of Alexstrasza beating him up, or the hunt by the other aspects off-panel.

Hmmm, could be, i see what you're thinking.

Another possibility at the very least. He's surrounded in mystery ;p i just can't wait to learn more. He's always been one of my favourite warcraft characters =)

Q'Anilia
He's my favorite Warcraft villain smile I LOVED him in Day of the Dragon. He really won my heart in that book. Korialstrasz too, who is probably one of my favorite protagonists stick out tongue Of course, Nozdormu is an all-time favorite. his overall attitude is priceless.

EvilAngel
He's my favorite Warcraft villain smile I LOVED him in Day of the Dragon. He really won my heart in that book. Korialstrasz too, who is probably one of my favorite protagonists stick out tongue Of course, Nozdormu is an all-time favorite. his overall attitude is priceless.

Hmmm, i really going to have to get that book. I must have said that like 10 times but i really mean it this time! =D

Q'Anilia
You'll get the chills when Korialstrasz goes to ask Nozdormu for help against Deathwing big grin If there's any part of any book I'd define as true awesomeness, it's that.

Korialstrasz really, really fears Deathwing. Which is very propriate information for this "Respect Deathwing" thread big grin

EvilAngel
Oooohh! Now you're just teasing me!

You can't do that! =(

;p

Utrigita

Alexstrasza was said to have hurted him where no teeth ore bite could reach, she attacked his very soul with the pain and suffering she had felt from the abuse of her children by the Orcs. Also I'll like to point something out, while you are absolutely correct that the Aspects before they regained their power from the Demon Soul was unable to do any lasting damage to Deathwing which is very impressive seen as what level they was still operating on in comparison to Krasus, lets not forget that they litterally stomped him when their power was returned, also iirc it was stated in the book that when Deathwing created the Demon Soul he lost alot of his own power, perhaps that is the power that have returned to him?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Utrigita
Alexstrasza was said to have hurted him where no teeth ore bite could reach, she attacked his very soul with the pain and suffering she had felt from the abuse of her children by the Orcs. Also I'll like to point something out, while you are absolutely correct that the Aspects before they regained their power from the Demon Soul was unable to do any lasting damage to Deathwing which is very impressive seen as what level they was still operating on in comparison to Krasus, lets not forget that they litterally stomped him when their power was returned, also iirc it was stated in the book that when Deathwing created the Demon Soul he lost alot of his own power, perhaps that is the power that have returned to him?

Actually it's been said that Deathwing didn't use any of his power in creating the Demon Soul. That's why his scale was able to actually damage the Demon Soul.

Utrigita
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Actually it's been said that Deathwing didn't use any of his power in creating the Demon Soul. That's why his scale was able to actually damage the Demon Soul.

However it was stated in DotD that when Deathwing created the demon soul he himself was too left weakened by the process, that could ofcause be those injuries that he had to cover his body in adamantium in order to hold them at bay.

Q'Anilia
Deathwing did not add his own essence into the Demon Soul. He was probably weakened because the power of the Demon Soul was more than his body could handle.

Utrigita
Deathwing did not add his own essence into the Demon Soul. He was probably weakened because the power of the Demon Soul was more than his body could handle.

What I was trying to say above so thumb up smile

Q'Anilia
If it's true that Deathwing is stronger now than ever, I'm looking forward to watch my friends play this expansion. And more importantly, can't wait for High-Resolution cinematic stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.