Cyclops versus...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
How would Cyclops fare against the following characters? (fight takes place in an empty urban city. Fighters start a few blocks apart.)

Spiderman

Captain America

Wolverine

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1459/111733-cyclops_400.jpg

JasonK4
Originally posted by masterbruce
How would Cyclops fare against the following characters? (fight takes place in an empty urban city. Fighters start a few blocks apart.)

Spiderman

Captain America

Wolverine

He takes off his visor and kills all three.

lando005
is he fighting them all at once?

tkitna
He loses to all three of them.

masterbruce
Originally posted by lando005
is he fighting them all at once?

no.

I just want to know how he does against each one.

pr1983
He should take cap and logan if he can see them coming... spidey too if he can get his visor off...

though thats assuming he's going for blood...

masterbruce
Originally posted by pr1983
He should take cap and logan if he can see them coming... spidey too if he can get his visor off...

though thats assuming he's going for blood...

yeah everyone's bloodlusted

however, remember, they start several blocks apart...so it's not like they start face to face and he can just rip open his visor and let out an omega blast...he has to find them first, and also they might find him first before he gets a chance to unleash omega

pr1983

however, remember, they start several blocks apart...so it's not like they start face to face and he can just rip open his visor and let out an omega blast...he has to find them first, and also they might find him first before he gets a chance to unleash omega

scott's a better tactician than logan or spidey, so he could easily lay a trap for em...

if he gets face to face with cap at all, then i think he'll take it (even without removing his visor), but if cap can outsmart him then cap should take it...

Draco69

It's in an empty urban city. No innocents to worry about. Omega blast is all the strategy and finding he needs.

lando005
scott's a better tactician than logan or spidey, so he could easily lay a trap for em...

if he gets face to face with cap at all, then i think he'll take it (even without removing his visor), but if cap can outsmart him then cap should take it... your not suggesting that cyc is better hand to hand than cap are you?

he's not beating spidy unless they are fighting in an open field. as for wolverine well they have had their throw downs over time i would say he puts logan down for a few moments but he cant stop him

Draco69
They start a few blocks apart. Spidey's not gonna close the distance in time and neither will Cap and Wolverine.

A omega blast will bring the entire city on top of their heads. He can just spin his head around in a 360 direction and destroy everything around him.

Cap, Wolverine and possibly Spidey will either be vaporized or crushed by thousands of tons of debris.

lando005
Originally posted by Draco69
They start a few blocks apart. Spidey's not gonna close the distance in time and neither will Cap and Wolverine.

A omega blast will bring the entire city on top of their heads. He can just spin his head around in a 360 direction and destroy everything around him.

Cap, Wolverine and possibly Spidey will either be vaporized or crushed by thousands of tons of debris. that's only if they decide to fight like idiots and there's not a fool in the bunch what's to say they wont hop down the nearest man hole when he fires that blast and come out the other side after he stops?

Draco69
that's only if they decide to fight like idiots and there's not a fool in the bunch what's to say they wont hop down the nearest man hole when he fires that blast and come out the other side after he stops?

Going underground won't protect them. Taking off his visor would destroy the land above and the land below. His blasts have leveled mountains into canyons.

The subway system would be crushed anyway with all the buildings and other crap tumbling on the street. The weight would be too much.

Spidey is the only one who could possibly survive.

Symmetric Chaos
Going underground won't protect them. Taking off his visor would destroy the land above and the land below. His blasts have leveled mountains into canyons.

The subway system would be crushed anyway with all the buildings and other crap tumbling on the street. The weight would be too much.

Spidey is the only one who could possibly survive.

No, Pete's the only one who could get out of the way. Logan would survive, he'd likely be pinned under the rubble but if he's not he should have a moment to attack Cyclops.

lando005

Spidey is the only one who could possibly survive. no the one with the best chance of survival would be wolverine and i dont think he can bring down an entire city in an instant even with an omaga blast a few dozen city blocks yes the whole city no

pr1983
your not suggesting that cyc is better hand to hand than cap are you?

no, as in, if cyclops gets a look at him...

all cyke has to do is level every building around him...

lando005
no, as in, if cyclops gets a look at him... ok just making sure kinda sounded like it.. still dont think that would happen in h2h range then

Originally posted by pr1983 all cyke has to do is level every building around him... and what's to keep spidy from dodging moving out the way and such

pr1983
ok just making sure kinda sounded like it.. still dont think that would happen in h2h range then

and what's to keep spidy from dodging moving out the way and such

cyclops only needs one blast to knock cap down... he's held his own decently in h2h before... i'm sure he could last long enough to get one blast away...

as for spidey, i can't see spidey dodging a visorless super blast...

Draco69

You don't understand. Imagine a giant wall of energy nuking the entire area and coming at you like a wave.

It would be like Spidey trying to dodge a tsunami....

Silent Master

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/6/76674559_1ae9cb838d.jpg

lando005
cyclops only needs one blast to knock cap down... he's held his own decently in h2h before... i'm sure he could last long enough to get one blast away...

as for spidey, i can't see spidey dodging a visorless super blast... yea true and the same can be said of cap and one good wack from his shield come to think of it a double ko may be possible.

i know spidy can't hope to doge it out in the open but if he was to pull something crafty like hop down the sewers and head away from the blast he could survive it not like there's no limit to the range of the blast

just sayin they got options

pr1983
yea true and the same can be said of cap and one good wack from his shield come to think of it a double ko may be possible.

i know spidy can't hope to doge it out in the open but if he was to pull something crafty like hop down the sewers and head away from the blast he could survive it not like there's no limit to the range of the blast

just sayin they got options

oh, of course they do, its not going to be easy for any of them, but as draco said, if cyclops wants to, he can easily blast the road to pieces as well...

gogogadgetgo
oh, of course they do, its not going to be easy for any of them, but as draco said, if cyclops wants to, he can easily blast the road to pieces as well...

yes he could. and this tactic would work fine if (and an emphasis on if) he blasts at the right direction and rotates the right way. if the blasts at the wrong direction, then any of the three would now know where he is and go that way while evaiding his blast. while cycs would not now where any of them would be comming from.

i bet held be using the city by hiding much like the spidy, cap and wolvie. it all depends on who sees who first. if cycs sees em first, he can win with a well placed optic blast. but if they see him first, he's going down.

lando005
oh, of course they do, its not going to be easy for any of them, but as draco said, if cyclops wants to, he can easily blast the road to pieces as well... yea true and like he said in that case spidy may be the only one who can get out of range in time

pr1983
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
yes he could. and this tactic would work fine if (and an emphasis on if) he blasts at the right direction and rotates the right way. if the blasts at the wrong direction, then any of the three would now know where he is and go that way while evaiding his blast. while cycs would not now where any of them would be comming from.

i bet held be using the city by hiding much like the spidy, cap and wolvie. it all depends on who sees who first. if cycs sees em first, he can win with a well placed optic blast. but if they see him first, he's going down.

if they see him first, they still have to hit him... and i'm willing to bet he an turn his head faster than they can cover say, 50 feet...

yea true and like he said in that case spidy may be the only one who can get out of range in time

yup...

yugotank
I think Cyclops could KO all three.

He could flat out kill Spidy or Cap. The only way to kill Wolvie would be to level an entire building on him,pinning him under a few tons of rubble,and wait till he died of starvation. But that would take weeks.

jinzin

Spiderman

Captain America

Wolverine

I'm thinking that Cyk probably doesn't have too good a chance at beating any of these characters unless he removes his visor.. he does that and I'm thinking he takes all three of these guys for the majority save MAYBE Cap..

gogogadgetgo
if they see him first, they still have to hit him... and i'm willing to bet he an turn his head faster than they can cover say, 50 feet...

yup...

yup, he'd be able to turn his head faster than any of them can cover 50 feet. but i figure when they see cyclops, none of them would be rushing him. they probably sneak up on him and attack when their in range. for cap say about 20 ft then he throws his shield, same with spiderman and his web, for wolv, hed have to get within slashing range.

it all depends if cycs can hear them coming.

Draco69
yup, he'd be able to turn his head faster than any of them can cover 50 feet. but i figure when they see cyclops, none of them would be rushing him. they probably sneak up on him and attack when their in range. for cap say about 20 ft then he throws his shield, same with spiderman and his web, for wolv, hed have to get within slashing range.

it all depends if cycs can hear them coming.

Visor. Off.

Omega. Blast.

City. Destroyed.

no expression

gogogadgetgo
Visor. Off.

Omega. Blast.

City. Destroyed.

no expression

i'm not denying that he could do this. but he would have to be outside the city and his opponents in the city for this to work effectively. But if their placed within the city, chances are, while destroying one part of the city, any of the three could sneak up on him and pull a fast one. this is assuming of course that cyclops starts firing in a derection where they are not in.

Draco69
i'm not denying that he could do this. but he would have to be outside the city and his opponents in the city for this to work effectively. But if their placed within the city, chances are, while destroying one part of the city, any of the three could sneak up on him and pull a fast one. this is assuming of course that cyclops starts firing in a derection where they are not in.

You're not making sense.

Visor. Off.

Omega. Blast.

City. Destroyed.

Buildings. Collapsing.

Gas. Mains. Exploding.

All Cyclops has to do is take off his visor, open his eyes, and turn around in a 360 degree circle. The entire area would be nuked. Anything still standing will collapse.

Ring around the rosey, ashes, ashes the three will be....

gogogadgetgo
You're not making sense.

Visor. Off.

Omega. Blast.

City. Destroyed.

Buildings. Collapsing.

Gas. Mains. Exploding.

All Cyclops has to do is take off his visor, open his eyes, and turn around in a 360 degree circle. The entire area would be nuked. Anything still standing will collapse.

Ring around the rosey, ashes, ashes the three will be....

i'm not? ok, let me put it this way.

lets say cyclops was droped at the center of the city. captain america is placed a few blocks to the south of scott.

cyclops takes off his visor for an omega blast. the problem is, where to aim first. if he takes a wild guess and blasts northward first. its not like when he blasts that part of the city it would be instantly vaporized or something, it would take a little while to make sure that that direction is compleatly clear (not srue how long, probably a couple o seconds or so). then he'd slowly have to swivle his head to the left or right to ensure that while turning, the area would be completly cleared. chances are, while he's busting the north side of the city, the couple o seconds to do that would be all cap needs to center on cyclop's location and a well placed shield throw would render him unconciouss.

if he just wildy turns fast while blasting, he wouldnt be able to demolish the area properly and leave some rubble which can be used by cap to his advantage.

now if cylcops chooses to aim south first, well, its a different story and cap would be blasted away.

How fast is Spiderman, compared to say ... this guy:

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/1274/cycspeedbj5.jpg

Draco69
i'm not? ok, let me put it this way.

lets say cyclops was droped at the center of the city. captain america is placed a few blocks to the south of scott.

cyclops takes off his visor for an omega blast. the problem is, where to aim first. if he takes a wild guess and blasts northward first. its not like when he blasts that part of the city it would be instantly vaporized or something, it would take a little while to make sure that that direction is compleatly clear (not srue how long, probably a couple o seconds or so). then he'd slowly have to swivle his head to the left or right to ensure that while turning, the area would be completly cleared. chances are, while he's busting the north side of the city, the couple o seconds to do that would be all cap needs to center on cyclop's location and a well placed shield throw would render him unconciouss.

if he just wildy turns fast while blasting, he wouldnt be able to demolish the area properly and leave some rubble which can be used by cap to his advantage.

now if cylcops chooses to aim south first, well, its a different story and cap would be blasted away.

That's a stupid strategy. THINK.

His blasts can destroy mountains. An omega blast can level entire moutain ranges. A few buildings that aren't even reinforced to withstand TNT. The buildings would collapse.

Besides the sheer stupidity of the idea that Cyclops omega blast wouldn't instantly nuke a fair portion of the city, Cyclops will "slowly" turn his head to the left or right, making absolute sure every nick and cranny is wiped clean?

Pfft.

THINK.

You're Cyclops. You don't know where exactly your opposition is but you know they're within four blocks. You take of your visor and obliterate everything around in a 360 degree axis. Will it destroy everything? Maybe not. Maybe so. If Wolverine, Spider-Man and Cap are in the 75 degree angle of the the 360 omega blast rotation you're making, will they get instantly KOed or at the very least get thrown back? Absolutlely.

It makes perfect sense. Just keep turning and turning, and obliterate everything for hundreds of blocks.

Cyclops doesn't NEED to know where they are. He doesn't NEED to fire in one direction for twelve minutes in your ridiculous scenario "just to make sure". All he has to do is nuke everything around him. It's a guaranteed and extremely cheap way to win.

Cyclops may choose to shoot north first before he rotates his head to south which is where Cap or Spidey is. Will they somehow manage to cross four blocks in the 2 seconds it takes for Cyclops to make a full rotation?

No...

erm

Badabing
Originally posted by Silent Master
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/6/76674559_1ae9cb838d.jpg I don't see any of them escaping this type of destruction. erm

gogogadgetgo

His blasts can destroy mountains. An omega blast can level entire moutain ranges. A few buildings that aren't even reinforced to withstand TNT. The buildings would collapse.

Besides the sheer stupidity of the idea that Cyclops omega blast wouldn't instantly nuke a fair portion of the city, Cyclops will "slowly" turn his head to the left or right, making absolute sure every nick and cranny is wiped clean?

Pfft.

THINK.

You're Cyclops. You don't know where exactly your opposition is but you know they're within four blocks. You take of your visor and obliterate everything around in a 360 degree axis. Will it destroy everything? Maybe not. Maybe so. If Wolverine, Spider-Man and Cap are in the 75 degree angle of the the 360 omega blast rotation you're making, will they get instantly KOed or at the very least get thrown back? Absolutlely.

It makes perfect sense. Just keep turning and turning, and obliterate everything for hundreds of blocks.

Cyclops doesn't NEED to know where they are. He doesn't NEED to fire in one direction for twelve minutes in your ridiculous scenario "just to make sure". All he has to do is nuke everything around him. It's a guaranteed and extremely cheap way to win.

Cyclops may choose to shoot north first before he rotates his head to south which is where Cap or Spidey is. Will they somehow manage to cross four blocks in the 2 seconds it takes for Cyclops to make a full rotation?

No...

erm

in lieu of recently posetd scans by badabing...hehehe...point taken

embarrasment

cycs aint losing if he goes balistic embarrasment

but still, isnt that out of character for cyclops? would he actually lay waste to an entire city just to get to 1 guy?

Draco69
in lieu of recently posetd scans by badabing...hehehe...point taken

embarrasment

cycs aint losing if he goes balistic embarrasment

but still, isnt that out of character for cyclops? would he actually lay waste to an entire city just to get to 1 guy?

It's an empty city. What's he got to lose?

Not like he's not used to destroying millions in property damage as an X-Man.

gogogadgetgo
i suppose. he has done quite a bit of damage in the past already. and he can always run away to avoid being billed stick out tongue

masterbruce

erm

when has he EVER destroyed a mountain, let alone a mountain range?

knocking down some trees is vastly easier than taking down a mountain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.