Terminator vs Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
Central American jungles.

Predator from Predator 1 vs T-800 from T-2.

Arnold has: AK-47 and a shotgun

Predator has: plasma caster, wrist blades, cloak, biohelmet, medicomp and retractable spear.

quanchi112
predator wins with ease.

Kurash
id give it to ahnold

spawnwest
How does the Predator see a Terminator?

grey fox
Originally posted by spawnwest
How does the Predator see a Terminator?

I assume that the Skin gives off heat...

quanchi112
Originally posted by spawnwest
How does the Predator see a Terminator? heat

starlock
Ive seen a couple of scanning modes for the terminator...can he see a predator while cloaked?

grey fox
Originally posted by starlock
Ive seen a couple of scanning modes for the terminator...can he see a predator while cloaked?

Possibly....

quanchi112
Ive seen a couple of scanning modes for the terminator...can he see a predator while cloaked? the terminator couldnt even kill john connor. three times and three fails. the predator has spared the hero of the predator films as it wants sport. its not out to kill just to kill while the terminator is there to do a job and has failed three times.

terminator fails here as well.

jrodslam
Pred wins due to shoulder cannon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jrodslam
Pred wins due to shoulder cannon. what about that disk thing in part 2. that would cut right through the terminator as well. predator wins a whole bunch of different ways.

jrodslam
Originally posted by quanchi112
what about that disk thing in part 2. that would cut right through the terminator as well. predator wins a whole bunch of different ways.

Indeed the disk would be able to make work of the Terminator, but i think it may be able to be dodged. Plasma caster gets off much quicker.

Kurash
terminator

starlock
Hmmm....

Predator cannot walk into bullets like the terminator....so duribility is his
But we dont know for sure if terminator can see him while cloaked
Setting is a jungle and pred has his cannon and gear......

Predator for the win...unless someone can for sure say terminator can see a pred while cloaked(maybe a comic?)

Kurash
in T2 arnold says to john connor "I see everything"

starlock
Indeed the disk would be able to make work of the Terminator, but i think it may be able to be dodged. Plasma caster gets off much quicker.

Threadstarter did not specify the disk, it is predator from the first movie
but i think the pred has the advantage here anyway

starlock
Originally posted by Kurash
in T2 arnold says to john connor "I see everything"

In the second movie how did they follow the pred? was it phermones ?

Kurash

I do not remember, but i do know he got beat by Danny Glover in hand to hand

jrodslam
I do know that Robocop can see infra-red/thermal, but i know that Terminators do have night vision. In both T1 and T2, the Term's vision was just plain RED. No type of extra sensory besides movement tracking. It my be different in the comics however.

jrodslam

They studied it via talking to the survivors from the first movie. They tracked his heat signature.(told Danny in the trailer with all the computers and machines.)

starlock
Thanks for the info everybody...i might go check some comics later tonight(see if i can find any terminator feats..maybe watch the movie hehe)...interesting match

quanchi112
terminator how? the terminator has never been one to dodge and he couldnt take blasts from the predators cannon for long.

jrodslam
how? the terminator has never been one to dodge and he couldnt take blasts from the predators cannon for long.

For long? Bah! The shoulder cannon would melt right through the Terminator. No more than 2 shots from that to take it out. 1 shot for both chips, lol.

quanchi112
For long? Bah! The shoulder cannon would melt right through the Terminator. No more than 2 shots from that to take it out. 1 shot for both chips, lol. i agree with u. i dont know how many shots it would take. but the shoulder cannon would take the terminator out.

boriquaking55
to be fair, Terminator doesn't have access to the amazing weaponry a Predator regularly carries, so to make it even, the T-800 should get comparable equipment.

I think if you equip the Terminator with some of the laser weaponry you see in the future-scenes in the movies, the fight is much more even.

jrodslam
Originally posted by boriquaking55
to be fair, Terminator doesn't have access to the amazing weaponry a Predator regularly carries, so to make it even, the T-800 should get comparable equipment.

I think if you equip the Terminator with some of the laser weaponry you see in the future-scenes in the movies, the fight is much more even.

If that happens and the Terminator CAN see the Pred while hes cloaked, this fight instantly becomes a curb-stomp imo.

Darth Martin
The T-800 from the first movie was the most bad*** and the best out of all of them. Also he's the one that had the shotgun and ak-47 when he shot up the police station.

braz
Soo, does the T-800 have a heat signiature? confused I mean, cuz dont u have to be like. Alive for ur cells in ur skin to emit heat and have energy flowing through them? And the skin for Term is just a cover up to be disguised as a human.

braz
I do not remember, but i do know he got beat by Danny Glover in hand to hand

Yes, and if u notice, I specifically stated the Yautja warrior from Predator 1 smile Who defeated a former body builder in h2h who happened to play one of the worlds most elite soldiers in the movie

braz

Yeah, that and radioactive dust adhering to his skin and ultraviolet lights.

braz
I would say though, that the T-800 could see the Predator, and thats why he might actually win this imo.

Kurash
how? the terminator has never been one to dodge and he couldnt take blasts from the predators cannon for long.

he doesnt have to dodge, first off predator would not know that terminator is in fact a cyborg, he would assume he was a human based on the heat from his skin. Since he would think hes human he might fight him differently, not going for the kill and just attempting to cripple the human and then attack hand to hand like he did with Carl Weathers.

You have no proof the cannon from the first movie would go through the terminator since all it did in that movie was go through flesh at very best. A bullet can do that and weve all seen what bullets do to a terminator. In fact Arnold got hit in the chest with the shoulder cannon from the Predator and all it did was knock him on the ground. It didnt go through him, it didnt even knock him out, it just knocked him backwards.

Durability wise that Predator got hurt by exploding gunpowder and was crushed by a log. He has also shownn to be hurt by bullets. I think this puts Terminators durability leagues ahead of the Predators.

In T2 Terminator says "I see everything." Human eyes have seen a Predator while cloaked, even in the first movie. A marine spotted him from hundreds of feet away. I guarentee if a Terminator was looking for him in scan mode he would find him too.

That is why

braz
he doesnt have to dodge, first off predator would not know that terminator is in fact a cyborg, he would assume he was a human based on the heat from his skin. Since he would think hes human he might fight him differently, not going for the kill and just attempting to cripple the human and then attack hand to hand like he did with Carl Weathers.

You have no proof the cannon from the first movie would go through the terminator since all it did in that movie was go through flesh at very best. A bullet can do that and weve all seen what bullets do to a terminator. In fact Arnold got hit in the chest with the shoulder cannon from the Predator and all it did was knock him on the ground. It didnt go through him, it didnt even knock him out, it just knocked him backwards.

Durability wise that Predator got hurt by exploding gunpowder and was crushed by a log. He has also shownn to be hurt by bullets. I think this puts Terminators durability leagues ahead of the Predators.

In T2 Terminator says "I see everything." Human eyes have seen a Predator while cloaked, even in the first movie. A marine spotted him from hundreds of feet away. I guarentee if a Terminator was looking for him in scan mode he would find him too.

That is why

Yeah, well. U remember what the plasma caster did to Jesse's chest? Cratered a hole in him about the size of his torso. no expression I think a few blasts like that to the Terminators CPU would be effective. Cuz the Pred can choose how powerful he wants the plasma bolts to be, and when he shot that guy in the head and arnold in the shoulder, the bolts were de-powered highly. And Mac only spotted the Predator because he saw him beforehand when the Predator uncloaked on purpose and followed him to where he was going.

And I think the Predator would figure it out quickly that the Terminators not a human because of his lack of heat signiature and after he shoots him with the plasma caster and he still doesnt die, then he'll know right there and just keep shooting him until he does.

Kurash
Originally posted by braz
Yeah, well. U remember what the plasma caster did to Jesse's chest? Cratered a hole in him about the size of his torso. no expression I think a few blasts like that to the Terminators CPU would be effective. Cuz the Pred can choose how powerful he wants the plasma bolts to be, and when he shot that guy in the head and arnold in the shoulder, the bolts were de-powered highly. And Mac only spotted the Predator because he saw him beforehand when the Predator uncloaked on purpose and followed him to where he was going.

And I think the Predator would figure it out quickly that the Terminators not a human because of his lack of heat signiature and after he shoots him with the plasma caster and he still doesnt die, then he'll know right there and just keep shooting him until he does.

he spotted him in the jungle and even if what you say is true, which is a huge assumption imo, carl weathers character spotted him also only after Mac pointed him out. Now, have you ever had someone point something out to you thats a couple hundred feet away? Its very hard to distinguish what theyre pointing at. Throw in the fact that the predator was cloaked to look like the rest of the jungle, youd think itd be very hard to see him, but no. Carl Weather spotted him with the naked eye within seconds. A terminator could do the same.

How do you know that the bolts the Predator used were depowered highly? Cause from what I saw Arnold definately posed the largest threat to the Predator and had the best chance of killing him right then and there. Youd think the predator would try and take him out.

Barbarian Shams
People also seem to forget that the Predator has other vision modes despite thermal, and I feel that if thermal doesnt pick up the Terminator's heat, then something like electromagnetic or Pred-tech will reveal the cyborg underneath.

Thats how Preds spot humanlike androids in the videogames and so forth, and from there, its reasonable to say that this guy could determine that this man was not really a man, but infact a T-800 series Terminator.

Weaponwise, the Pred's are superior: Wristblades and combispear that can easily penetrate through any human-made material with the slightest of ease, even things like titanium and tank armor. A plasmacaster which at fullpower can blast an attack chopper out of the sky, or blow a Humvee to hell. Not to mention that self-destruct nuke, if this Pred feels desperate, he wont hesitate to use the portable bomb to kill himself and the Terminator.

Pred wins 7/10.

braz
he spotted him in the jungle and even if what you say is true, which is a huge assumption imo, carl weathers character spotted him also only after Mac pointed him out. Now, have you ever had someone point something out to you thats a couple hundred feet away? Its very hard to distinguish what theyre pointing at. Throw in the fact that the predator was cloaked to look like the rest of the jungle, youd think itd be very hard to see him, but no. Carl Weather spotted him with the naked eye within seconds. A terminator could do the same.

How do you know that the bolts the Predator used were depowered highly? Cause from what I saw Arnold definately posed the largest threat to the Predator and had the best chance of killing him right then and there. Youd think the predator would try and take him out.

After the Predator got out of the net trap, Mac shot him in the tree when he was cloaked(but close up) as Carl saw him too and he uncloaked in the tree on purpose, then cloaked and took off. Mac followed him and kept his eye on him(even though it was hard, he still did) and was able to point him out to Weathers who followed him, which actually took a second for him to see.

For the plasma bolts thing, I know for certain that he can depower them, and he probably did so because he knew just one-shotting the last few of his prey would be too easy, because thats what he did before to everyone else. And he wanted to go out fighting with honor.

braz
Originally posted by Barbarian Shams
People also seem to forget that the Predator has other vision modes despite thermal, and I feel that if thermal doesnt pick up the Terminator's heat, then something like electromagnetic or Pred-tech will reveal the cyborg underneath.

Thats how Preds spot humanlike androids in the videogames and so forth, and from there, its reasonable to say that this guy could determine that this man was not really a man, but infact a T-800 series Terminator.

Weaponwise, the Pred's are superior: Wristblades and combispear that can easily penetrate through any human-made material with the slightest of ease, even things like titanium and tank armor. A plasmacaster which at fullpower can blast an attack chopper out of the sky, or blow a Humvee to hell. Not to mention that self-destruct nuke, if this Pred feels desperate, he wont hesitate to use the portable bomb to kill himself and the Terminator.

Pred wins 7/10.

Yeah, but why didnt the Predator switch visions when he was couldnt spot Arnold covered in mud? erm Thats why I think the Terminator has an advantage here.

Darth Martin
Okay the Terminator living skin tissue does give off a heat signature. Kyle said it in the first movie. However, remember in AvP when Scar used his x-ray vision and spotted that Weyland had cancer. Yeah the pred would do the same to the T-800. But that doesn't mean the Yautja will immediately go for his x-ray vision. If he decides to go H2H with the T-800 it will lose in a slugfest. No matter how many limbs you cut off of it, as long as it has a limb and cpu intact it's coming after you. The Yautja's is inferior by far when it comes to durability with the T-800. These things have been ran over by 18-wheelers, taken shotgun blasts point blank and got up without even a scratch on their endoskeleton, gone through concrete buildings/walls, buried in debris, taken loads of punishment from small-arms fire only to destroy it's flesh, been in car crashes, and gone H2H with other terminators with superior strength.

Barbarian Shams
Yeah, but why didnt the Predator switch visions when he was couldnt spot Arnold covered in mud? erm Thats why I think the Terminator has an advantage here.

That my friend is called ignoring reality, I mentioned in the Blade vs Pred fight that this could never happen in reality because Arnie's bodyheat would've warmed up the mud, making the whole "mud hides heat" thing totally useless. Preds arent so frail to be human level durable, they can take immense abuse themselves.

But those things Darth Martin listed, were mostly blunt force, and human small-arms weapons aren't quite on the same scale as alien weaponry that could easily decap a terminator with a single swipe, or a spear that could puncture the terminator's ribcage all the way to its precious CPU. Granted a terminator can survive more, but it cant function with its head remove courtesy of a well-placed blade swipe or a fullpower Plasmacaster blast shot to the head.

But if this was Wolf with the uber advanced weaponry and fighting prowess, I would give him 10/10 no questions asked, but since this is the first Pred, I'll give him at least 6/10 or more for wins. Terminator going by what others says gets 5/10 depending on how the Pred approaches this. H2H is out of the question once he realizes how pointless it really is. That's when the gloves come off and he utlitizes the Plasmacaster at maximum power to obliterate the T-800 to dust.

braz
That my friend is called ignoring reality, I mentioned in the Blade vs Pred fight that this could never happen in reality because Arnie's bodyheat would've warmed up the mud, making the whole "mud hides heat" thing totally useless. Preds arent so frail to be human level durable, they can take immense abuse themselves.

But those things Darth Martin listed, were mostly blunt force, and human small-arms weapons aren't quite on the same scale as alien weaponry that could easily decap a terminator with a single swipe, or a spear that could puncture the terminator's ribcage all the way to its precious CPU. Granted a terminator can survive more, but it cant function with its head remove courtesy of a well-placed blade swipe or a fullpower Plasmacaster blast shot to the head.

But if this was Wolf with the uber advanced weaponry and fighting prowess, I would give him 10/10 no questions asked, but since this is the first Pred, I'll give him at least 6/10 or more for wins. Terminator going by what others says gets 5/10 depending on how the Pred approaches this. H2H is out of the question once he realizes how pointless it really is. That's when the gloves come off and he utlitizes the Plasmacaster at maximum power to obliterate the T-800 to dust.

Yeah, the mud would actually work for a little bit to be realistic, but not as long as it did in the movie. It wouldve worked maybe long enough for the Predator to look around and not see him. Im surprised he didnt even see ONE single bit of red, which I think is a little false.

And that Predator imo could at least hold his own in h2h against a Terminator, because they actually seemed quite slow in their movements, even though they were throwing eachother through walls and crap, and I think the wristblades would be effective at maybe severing some limbs or w/e.

Btw, thanx DM for clearing that up, the Predators got a shot here then. wink

Kurash
Yeah, the mud would actually work for a little bit to be realistic, but not as long as it did in the movie. It wouldve worked maybe long enough for the Predator to look around and not see him. Im surprised he didnt even see ONE single bit of red, which I think is a little false.

And that Predator imo could at least hold his own in h2h against a Terminator, because they actually seemed quite slow in their movements, even though they were throwing eachother through walls and crap, and I think the wristblades would be effective at maybe severing some limbs or w/e.

Btw, thanx DM for clearing that up, the Predators got a shot here then. wink

a terminator punched through a guys stomach

quanchi112

That is why and a should cannon blast also tore right through jesse ventura. arnold was the hero and thats why he lived. terminator stands there and lets things hit him. while the predator is to agile and quick to lose to an unmoving object like the terminator.

ps did u see the size of the log. it didnt kill the predator either.

predator is a lifeform so hes more fragile than the terminator who is machine. but predators elusiveness and agility coupled with the terminators just stand there and take it mentality would get him smoked in no time.

Kurash
and a should cannon blast also tore right through jesse ventura. arnold was the hero and thats why he lived. terminator stands there and lets things hit him. while the predator is to agile and quick to lose to an unmoving object like the terminator.

ps did u see the size of the log. it didnt kill the predator either.

predator is a lifeform so hes more fragile than the terminator who is machine. but predators elusiveness and agility coupled with the terminators just stand there and take it mentality would get him smoked in no time.

unmoving object is a strong word for a being like the terminator who has definately shown the capability of moving from one place to another

quanchi112
unmoving object is a strong word for a being like the terminator who has definately shown the capability of moving from one place to another terminator still doesnt try to dodge gunfire. predator would destroy him in no time.

Kurash
terminator still doesnt try to dodge gunfire. predator would destroy him in no time.

thats better, but i still disagree, terminators are smart, they dont move from bullets cause bullets have no effect, i would bet they would seek cover if they detected a blast capable of one shotting them

Kurash
also if you dont think terminators can move you need to pop in T2 and watch the unbelievable california roll Arnold pulls when he leaps from the top of the semi-truck to the concrete. Its one of the best rolls in the history of cinemas, and being a machine did not stop him from looking unbelievably agile

quanchi112
thats better, but i still disagree, terminators are smart, they dont move from bullets cause bullets have no effect, i would bet they would seek cover if they detected a blast capable of one shotting them the t1000 would be a better match but i dont see arnold as being as fast as the upgraded model.

Darth Martin

But if this was Wolf with the uber advanced weaponry and fighting prowess, I would give him 10/10 no questions asked, but since this is the first Pred, I'll give him at least 6/10 or more for wins. Terminator going by what others says gets 5/10 depending on how the Pred approaches this. H2H is out of the question once he realizes how pointless it really is. That's when the gloves come off and he utlitizes the Plasmacaster at maximum power to obliterate the T-800 to dust. I was saying if they got into a slugfest(blunt force) the T-800 would take the majority. They are stronger then the average pred and way more durable. Granted the Preds weapons would probably slice right through it no problem but the machine is not just gonna stand there while the Yautja slices him. The xenomorphs don't. What's to stop the Terminator from disarming the creature's plasma caster like that one xeno did in AvP. Also, the Preds armour is very durable. However, the pred in the first movie had no armour, just hunting mesh. That's a BIG factor considering the T-800's knowledge of weapons and super-marksman aim.

Darth Martin
the t1000 would be a better match but i dont see arnold as being as fast as the upgraded model. And no the T-1000 would not be a better match for the Yautja's considering their plasma weaponry. wink

braz
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I was saying if they got into a slugfest(blunt force) the T-800 would take the majority. They are stronger then the average pred and way more durable. Granted the Preds weapons would probably slice right through it no problem but the machine is not just gonna stand there while the Yautja slices him. The xenomorphs don't. What's to stop the Terminator from disarming the creature's plasma caster like that one xeno did in AvP. Also, the Preds armour is very durable. However, the pred in the first movie had no armour, just hunting mesh. That's a BIG factor considering the T-800's knowledge of weapons and super-marksman aim.

The T-800's slower than ur average Alien, I would say. And the Predator in the original film had some armor, just not much like the ones in AVP who looked like freaking knights on steroids.

braz
And no the T-1000 would not be a better match for the Yautja's considering their plasma weaponry. wink

Yeah, but he can shapeshift into anything he wants, however, he probably has a heat signiature since the T-800 does.

Darth Martin
No he can't, he can only form"knives and stabbing weapons". Turning into you avg. Elementary school teacher isn't gonna help. His edged weapons won't penetrate the armour.

braz
No he can't, he can only form"knives and stabbing weapons". Turning into you avg. Elementary school teacher isn't gonna help. His edged weapons won't penetrate the armour.

But..but... confused What about the part where he transforms into the floor and sneaks up on that cop?

Darth Martin
He can do that sure but hows it gonna help.

braz
He can do that sure but hows it gonna help.

Like I said, the T-1000 has a heat sig too, right?

Darth Martin
I suppose

sapphiremouse
Central American jungles.

Predator from Predator 1 vs T-800 from T-2.

Arnold has: AK-47 and a shotgun

Predator has: plasma caster, wrist blades, cloak, biohelmet, medicomp and retractable spear. LOL, how stupid this is........you cant even get your subject right. why you have arnold with his ak-47 and shot gun when its entitled...... Predator vs. T-800. you dont know your movies and characters. Terminator in the 2nd film is a T-1000 not 800, and Arnold is a model 101... NOOB!!!

I see you took away the most powerful weapon a Predator has, its fore-arm nuclear bomb. If you didnt know its standard equipment for a Predator, LOL......NOOB! what are you like 10 years old?

Barbarian Shams
Originally posted by sapphiremouse
LOL, how stupid this is........you cant even get your subject right. why you have arnold with his ak-47 and shot gun when its entitled...... Predator vs. T-800. you dont know your movies and characters. Terminator in the 2nd film is a T-1000 not 800, and Arnold is a model 101... NOOB!!!

I see you took away the most powerful weapon a Predator has, its fore-arm nuclear bomb. If you didnt know its standard equipment for a Predator, LOL......NOOB! what are you like 10 years old?

The evil terminator in T-2 is the T-1000, The T-800 is a series number, and 101 is the specific model number. Thats all.

braz
LOL, how stupid this is........you cant even get your subject right. why you have arnold with his ak-47 and shot gun when its entitled...... Predator vs. T-800. you dont know your movies and characters. Terminator in the 2nd film is a T-1000 not 800, and Arnold is a model 101... NOOB!!!

no expression

Why are you trying to provoke me, what did I ever do to you?

He may have not been the actual Terminator that was trying to kill John Conor, however, he was in fact a Terminator, he was trying to stop the T-1000 or terminate him, if you will. He was an exact carbon copy from the one in T-1, who Terminated innocents or all. So YEAH, hes a Terminator.

For the bomb thing, maybe I didnt want to include it, I know its part of his standard equipment. btw Im 18

Darth Martin

I see you took away the most powerful weapon a Predator has, its fore-arm nuclear bomb. If you didnt know its standard equipment for a Predator, LOL......NOOB! what are you like 10 years old? wtf laughing Arnold is the T-800 model 101(skin type) laughing

quanchi112
arnold was a t800 in all three movies.

braz
arnold was a t800 in all three movies.

Hm? Wasnt he a T-850 in the 3rd one which was just considerably more durable.

Soljer
Hm? Wasnt he a T-850 in the 3rd one which was just considerably more durable.

Yes, he was a T-850 in the third movie, which was a significantly upgraded model.

It was stronger and faster than the T-800 to the point of being able to match a T-X in close quarters combat for a short period of time, it had increased plasma shielding due to the resistances' growing access to weaponry, and had two energy cores rather than one. Both of which could be retrieved and used as a small 'hydrogen bomb' as we saw in T3.

braz
Originally posted by Soljer
Yes, he was a T-850 in the third movie, which was a significantly upgraded model.

It was stronger and faster than the T-800 to the point of being able to match a T-X in close quarters combat for a short period of time, it had increased plasma shielding due to the resistances' growing access to weaponry, and had two energy cores rather than one. Both of which could be retrieved and used as a small 'hydrogen bomb' as we saw in T3.

Thats cool. Yeah I dont think Predator could take down one of those.

Darth Martin
Thats cool. Yeah I dont think Predator could take down one of those. Oh yes they could, they still fight better and when hit with the T-X plasma weaponry it was temporarily disabled for a about a minute. Imagine what a Yautja could do to a immovable Terminator in a minutes time.

braz
Oh yes they could, they still fight better and when hit with the T-X plasma weaponry it was temporarily disabled for a about a minute. Imagine what a Yautja could do to a immovable Terminator in a minutes time.

I cant remember, how powerful was the T-X's plasma cannon compared to the plasma caster?

Darkness_Male
predator has ways to win no matter what model i think because he has that self destruct option which is like a nuke thus even a TX would probably die, of course thats a last resort but none the less an option.

the things that can hurt a normal terminator like in the first movie are plasma, plasma can hurt a t-1000 BUT how much exactly or what level we know the T-X has destroyed t-1000's with her plasma cannon

i think the only REAL problem for the predator is the T-X but if it came down to one or the other he would say screw this and blow himself and her up

Darkness_Male
i think the canoon was stronger then the predators plasma gun i say that cause of her destroying the t-1000 UTTERLY i uno if a predator could do that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.