Archimonde

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Remindme

Race: Eredar

Character class: Warlock

Affiliation: Burning Legion, Undead Scourge

Status: Eternal, Vanquished upon Mount Hyjal; Killable (Caverns of Time)

Archimonde the Defiler was the left hand of the fallen titan, Sargeras. Archimonde was one of the greatest and darkest of the eredar. His ruthless and cunning personality quickly earned him station and power within the eredar ranks, until finally he was one of the first among them.

http://www.wowwiki.com/images/9/9c/Archimonde2.jpg

Twenty-five thousand years ago, Archimonde was one of the three leaders (the others being Kil'jaeden and Velen) of the eredar homeworld of Argus contacted by Sargeras and offered immense power in exchange for his loyalty. Archimonde and Kil'jaeden readily accepted the offer, though Velen not only rejected it, but rebelled and fled Argus with his followers to become the Draenei.

Some fifteen thousand years later, when Queen Azshara's reckless magics began to attract the attention of Sargeras, Archimonde and Mannoroth led the catastrophic, destructive invasion. With thousands of demonic servants in their wake, they poured through the portal beneath the Well of Eternity, and were let loose upon the ancient land of Kalimdor, razing every structure and spilling the blood of every creature they came across.

However, a young scholar, Malfurion Stormrage, gathered a small band of night elves, and, with the help of Cenarius' woodland allies and Alexstrasza's mighty dragon flights, they managed to beat back the demonic hordes, and, in a titanic battle, the portal became unstable and collapsed, sundering the world, and banishing Archimonde and his minions back into the burning pits of the Twisting Nether.

Archimonde brooded for ten thousand years in the dark recesses of the Twisting Nether as they planned for a new invasion. His colleague, Kil'jaeden, found the means through Ner'zhul and, eventually, Gul'dan, on the world of Draenor. With Mannoroth's sinister help, the chieftains of the orcish Hordes were corrupted, and a bloodlust came over them that swept them into a tumultuous frenzy that engulfed their world. The orcs were to be the harbinger of the Legion's return, destroying all they beheld so that none could oppose the Legion. However, after the exodus into Azeroth and Draenor's eventual destruction, the Horde was defeated by the humans of former Arathor and their allies, and the orcs failed in their unholy mission.

However, an old tool was found that could once again be put to use. Ner'zhul, the dark shaman of the Shadowmoon Clan, was sent spiraling with his most faithful disciples into the Twisting Nether after attempting to find new worlds to control, and he was found by Kil'jaeden and the Burning Legion. Over time, he was transformed into the Lich King, an ethereal spirit that controlled the undead Scourge, a force so mighty, that it was expected to succeed where the Horde had failed.

They exceeded expectations.

Archimonde was to command the Legion's invasion, but he needed the means of getting to Azeroth. Due to his monumental power much more magic was needed to summon him, and he waited until finally he was contacted by Kel'Thuzad the Summoner, who, after stealing the Book of Medivh from Dalaran, began the lengthy summoning process. As he proceeded, the skies were split asunder, and mighty infernals and felhounds were brought to aid the Scourge. Finally, it was completed, and Archimonde was brought into the world of Azeroth.

Archimonde first placed Tichondrius in charge of the Scourge, saying that there was no longer any need of the Lich King. Unknown to him, the Lich King had been well prepared for this in his greater plan.

Then, Archimonde proceeded to single-handedly destroy the city of Dalaran.

The invasion of Lordaeron continued unabated, the magics of Archimonde summoned hordes of demonic followers, including the diabolical Pit Lord, Mannoroth. Together, they plowed through the nations of Lordaeron, devastating all they beheld. However, Tichondrius soon found that the orcs were missing. The Legion followed them across the sea, where they found not only the orcs but also, the vile night elves who had banished them millennia before. He even met Tyrande, the insolent leader of the Sentinels, who woke the ancient druids, and together, they battled the Legion once again.

The Defiler continued the invasion of Kalimdor ruthlessly, battling on two fronts, against the combined forces of the Alliance and the Horde as well as the Sentinels. The Legion suffered a setback when Tichondrius was killed by Illidan, but Archimonde seemed to have little concern, and placed his most loyal Dreadlord, Anetheron in joint command of the Scourge with Rage Winterchill, one of the few trustworthy liches.

Archimonde then proceeded with the original objective of the invasion. The mighty demonlord carried out the invasion to attack the World Tree, Nordrassil. By draining the Tree's energies, not only would Archimonde gain untold power, his demonic Legion will also be able drain the night elves of their source of power and immortality . But, Tyrande and Malfurion had allied with Thrall and Jaina Proudmoore, as well as the Shadowtooth Dark Trolls and the Barkskin Furbolgs. Archimonde's ascent up Mount Hyjal was agonizingly slow, being forced to destroy every successive base with the help of Azgalor (Mannoroth's successor as leader of the Pit Lords) Rage Winterchill and Anetheron.

The bases, consising of the humans, orcs and night elves, did slow his ascent - however, his cunning mind and monumental power enabled the Legion to defeat the bases in a few days until he reached the night elves base which he destroyed easily with a wava of his hand. He grew in size as he climbed, determined to destroy the World Tree. He calculated no one in the world at the time had the power to stop him. Yet he miscalculated. It was not someone who could destroy him but rather it. Archimonde did not think that the gathering wisps were of threat to him or the Legion.

As Archimonde climbed, Malfurion raised the Horn of Cenarius and called to the ancestral guardians. They rose from the forest and amassed around Archimonde. They fell upon him, detonating in a massive explosion that destroyed the demon warlock and incinerated the forests around the World Tree; nature herself would not allow his defilement to occur.

Powers & Abilities

Spells of devastating potency. (Single handled destruction of Dalaran) (And the infamous Finger of Death, a red ray that turns the target inside out)

Vast telepathic powers. (Shown when he communed with ALL the Nathezim and eredar on the battlefield at War of the Ancient to deal with the oncoming dragons)

Vast telekinetic powers. (Able to kill a full grown dragon with a single act of grasping hand)

Vast strategic mind. (Commanded the Legion to victory over countless worlds)

Certain portion of omniscient as shown when he knew what was the source of power for Azeroth and by what name to call it. (Referring to Nordrassil, the World Tree)

Near invulnerability to attacks (represented by divine armor in Warcraft III and Malorne's inability to hurt Archimonde despite being the most powerful of the demigod in War of the Ancients)

C. C. Cowgirl
Sargeras > Archimonde raver

Remindme
Argh, Jesus, when i saw it was you thought you was gonig to tell me i made another duplicate....

Don't scare me like that sad

C. C. Cowgirl
Scaring people is what I do lion

Sol Valentine
No you don't.

C. C. Cowgirl
I do big grin You just do not know it yet wink

So, who would be Archimonde's equal in the game-world? smile

Remindme
Hm.....I have no clue ^^'

Probelm with him, Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras is they are like invunerable to all attack that are mortal, and highly resistant to immortal attacks. (Sargeras much more so)

C. C. Cowgirl
Oh yeah! I saw DE mention that smile

A large amount of nature damage is the only known way to defeat Archimonde or something stick out tongue

Remindme
Yeppers, he knows this from i guess WoW

I'm just reading it all up hahaha stick out tongue

Originally posted by Remindme
As Archimonde climbed, Malfurion raised the Horn of Cenarius and called to the ancestral guardians. They rose from the forest and amassed around Archimonde. They fell upon him, detonating in a massive explosion that destroyed the demon warlock and incinerated the forests around the World Tree; nature herself would not allow his defilement to occur

C. C. Cowgirl
The explosion was nasty shockyes

Utrigita
Him being defeated in the caverns of time is really low.

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Utrigita
Him being defeated in the caverns of time is really low.

The only thing that comforts me with that, is the fact that Blizzard had the powers of nature to interfear when he was near death.. That in my mind is enough to keep the mood up.. That they tried making it seem as much as the past as possible..

Utrigita
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
The only thing that comforts me with that, is the fact that Blizzard had the powers of nature to interfear when he was near death.. That in my mind is enough to keep the mood up.. That they tried making it seem as much as the past as possible..

I try to keep it up to but Now you are going to defeat the Lich King roll eyes (sarcastic) That alone should be a impossible task it will probably end up with Sargares being defeated also sad

Becci
http://www.wowwiki.com/images/4/42/Ered1.ogg
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."

http://www.wowwiki.com/images/0/09/Ered2.ogg
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men"

http://www.wowwiki.com/images/6/6d/Ered3.ogg
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."

http://www.wowwiki.com/images/1/1b/Ered4.ogg
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."

http://www.wowwiki.com/images/b/bd/Ered5.ogg
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."

http://www.wowwiki.com/images/9/91/Ered6.ogg
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

MadMel
ownage!

Becci
Complete ownage wink

Dark-Jaxx
Started with Cthun, has happened to Archi and Illidan, it will end with a 5 man raid soloing the Titan Pantheon. WoW needs to get their shit together.

Hey, I read that Archie has a spell called "Paramount" or sumthin which can destroy the planet, can someone show me this?

Burning thought
Paramount spells are what their called, the actual spell i cant remember the name of, creeping darkness or something

Becci
It is part of a book that is no longer being published. Man I wish I would have gotten it before it was too late. To bring up an example, Archimonde used a type of Paramount spell and destroyed Dalaran in only moments (Which was supposed to be unbreakable by outer magic)

A Paramount spell really doesnt have much of a limit. One could say that it is almost the core of magic. It is based entirely on what the magician knows and basically has no own limits. Depending on the power, wisdom and intellect of the cast, the result is also judged by that.
I am guessing that this is the theory which Kil'Jaeden is working on to gain omnipotence (Which he will not ever get, because he gets KILLED in WoW mad )

Two other examples of this is:
- Finger of Death / Hand of Death (A paramount spell that Archimonde has obtained. It turns the target inside)
- Mana-Shield (A very common and very weak paramount spell. The limit is based on its user and not in the spell itself)

Burning thought
does he, i thought that was just going to be a shade of Kiljaeden

Becci
It will be a shade of Kil'Jaeden. The real Kil'Jaeden would defeat Azeroth with a yawn. Although, even though it is not the full power of Kil'Jaeden, it is Kil'Jaeden. The real Kil'Jaeden is entering Azeroth. Your assignment in the game is to prevent him from becoming complete (Even though I think a 1% Kil'Jaeden would defeat 25-Man raid with a yawn).

Although even though it is just a shade, if you defeat the shade then you defeat Kil'Jaeden.

Hannibal-Lector
why were wisps able to defeat him.. i never understood that

Burning thought
I dont think he would defeat Azeroth with a yawn but a 25 man raid he would and so could Lich King but there ya go

Becci
Originally posted by Burning thought
I dont think he would defeat Azeroth with a yawn but a 25 man raid he would and so could Lich King but there ya go

Archimonde killed Malorne without trouble and charged recklessly trough the planet. Malorne who is one of the most powerful entity that has ever walked Azeroth. Kil'Jaeden is the best of Archimonde, both strategically, mentally and magically superior. There would be no stopping him.

The only hope would lay in the Aspects, BUT: Malygos is insane and weakened, Alexstrasza rarely engage in war, Nozdormu wouldnt do a think, Ysera is sleeping and Neltharion is hiding.

Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
why were wisps able to defeat him.. i never understood that

The wisps was just the "harbringers". It was a full force blast by nature itself that killed him. The whisps was required to "bring forth" the blast.

Burning thought
ime fairly sure Noz will do something if he knew the planet would be in danger, he doesnt do anything recently because he knows he doesnt have to....ofc he knows

but if he knew in the next attack Killy would be a threat, he and the aspects would smash him imo

Becci
No, Nozdormu would not interfear. He is a guardian of time. Only if the sands of time is in danger will Nozdormu act. The planet has been in danger before and he has only observed it happen.

If Kil'Jaeden or anyone else invade Azeroth, Nozdormu would not care. The only way for him to care is if they somehow effect time. Although who is stupid enough to do that no expression He is the last aspect you want to piss of stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.