Kil'Jaeden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Remindme

Remindme
Although Kil'jaeden was infuriated at the failure and death of Archimonde, he knew better than to take reckless vengeance. Aware that the Lich King had grown out of his control, he then went about to acquire a new pawn. He found Illidan, and told him that, despite his part in the Legion's downfall, The Deceiver was willing to offer him one last chance at power. Illidan was informed that if he destroyed the Frozen Throne, thus killing the Lich King, that Kil'jaeden would reward him with power beyond his imagination (whether or not Kil'jaeden actually intended to do so is a moot point).

Illidan first gained the allegiance of the Naga, who helped him first flee from Kalimdor and then later seek out the Eye of Sargeras. With it, they performed an arcane ritual to tear Northrend, the base of the undead Scourge, apart. Thus, the minions of Kil'jaeden came full circle, back to the power of the Dark Titan.

But, due to interferences from Illidan's brother, Malfurion Stormrage, the Eye was instead destroyed before he managed destroy Icecrown. Having failed Kil'jaeden, Illidan instead went on to rescue Tyrande along with his brother. Aware of Kil'jaeden's capabilities, he fled to Outland to evade capture, during which he gained the loyalty of one more former night elf race, the Blood Elves. With his new servitors, Illidan eventually moved against the Pit Lord Magtheridon by destroying the dimensional gates Ner'zhul had opened decades before. The stratagem was meant to keep Kil'jaeden and his minions away from Outland and would have stopped Magtheridon from calling in reinforcements. Without any further demonic aid to strengthen his standing forces, Magtheridon was quick to fall before Illidan and his followers.

But Kil'jaeden was no fool. Because of Draenor's former importance as the homeworld of the Orcs and the refuge of the draenei (and Magtheridon himself an agent of the Legion), Kil'jaeden kept at least half an eye on the torn planet. Quickly uncovering what had happened (or perhaps watching all along), the Deceiver once again appeared in front of Illidan and commanded him to return to the icy continent to finish what he had started (citing that his new servitors showed "some promise"; while Kil'jaeden probably didn't buy Illidan's story, he knew that his best bet in destroying the traitor still lay in Illidan), and told him that if he failed again, he would face his "eternal wrath."

For now, the mighty Doomwalker assaults the gates of the Black Temple under orders from Kil'jaeden.

Powers

The exact powers at the Deceiver's command are unknown. As his ultimatum to Illidan and his appearance to Ner'zhul and the orcs exemplifies, he is a master of illusions. Kil'jaeden has also shown ability to control his overall size (an ability shared by Archimonde), but that may not be the limit to his shapeshifting abilities. Though these are the only powers observed in recent years, assuming that these cantrips are the limits of his power is a grave mistake. He is credited with enslaving the Dreadlords, a feat that would have required immense cunning and awesome magic, and his rank within the Legion and the eredar are listed as higher than Archimonde's. Even prior to the eredar's transformation, Velen acknowledged that Kil'jaeden was his, as well as Archimonde's, superior in matters of the arcane.

However, Kil'jaeden's full powers lie not within the boundaries of physical and magical ability, but in the mind. His unrivaled cunning placed him first in position in the ranks of the Burning Legion, and so aptly gave him the title of the Deceiver. He managed the corruption of the orcs with very little magical expenditure, a plan executed almost entirely by manipulation.

C. C. Cowgirl
I love the fact that he enslaved orcs and dreadlords stick out tongue

Remindme
Yeah, can't help but love him for it smile

C. C. Cowgirl
From what I understood, he did not even use magic to enslave the orcs stick out tongue

Remindme
Well, techincally he did, he turned himself into daemon (an ally of orcs). But thats pretty much it, h and he made an illusion of Ner'zhul's wife as a spirit.

But yeah, very very clever guy

C. C. Cowgirl
Would you say he is the smartest warcraft character? smart

Remindme
Hm...i don't know, i guess he's the smartest ^-^

But then Sargeras is partically omniscent so he doesn't have to be a genius stick out tongue (I used that word before DE sad it's my word and he sounds better with it)

Burning thought
Aman'thul is smartest i would say

C. C. Cowgirl
Originally posted by Burning thought
Aman'thul is smartest i would say

Aman'thul being the highfather, right? smile

Burning thought
yes, i imagine he would be the smartest

C. C. Cowgirl
Would make sense, yes stick out tongue

Burning thought
hmm wonder who beats Amun'thul...you think Sergerus would be able to take on his brother?

C. C. Cowgirl
Maybe oh

Remindme
Probably....

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Remindme
Hm...i don't know, i guess he's the smartest ^-^

But then Sargeras is partically omniscent so he doesn't have to be a genius stick out tongue (I used that word before DE sad it's my word and he sounds better with it) When was it stated that Sarg was omniscient? The hell? Anyway, Kiljaedan is cool because he is very powerful, but often doesn't even have to use it, he just uses his wits and manipulative power to get what he wants. Reminds me of Ganon.

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Burning thought
hmm wonder who beats Amun'thul...you think Sergerus would be able to take on his brother?

After Sargeras corruption? Probably not..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.