Dawn of War Expansion #3: Soulstorm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bardiel13
Now, with all new Dark Eldar! I think it's coming out in May '09. Who else is freakin' pumped?!

SaTsuJiN
DoW was cool.. but I dunno... 'dark' eldar?.. doesnt that sound a lil lazy?

BackFire
Link?

Mišt
Sweet, Ive been waiting for Dark Eldar! w00t

Bardiel13
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
DoW was cool.. but I dunno... 'dark' eldar?.. doesnt that sound a lil lazy?

They're an actual race from the tabletop. Here are the playable races from the tabletop:

Imperium:
Space Marines
Imperial Guard
Daemonhunters (Grey Knights & Friends)
Witch Hunters (Nuns with Guns & Friends)

Chaos:
Chaos Space Marines
Dark Eldar
Lost and the Damned (Imperial Guard + Chaos)

Xenos:
Eldar
Orks
Necrons
Tau Empire
Tyranids

Oh, yeah and I meant May '08, not '09.

vandalworks
dark elder arent really connected to chaos, they're more of mirror to elder, and therefore should be considered in the xenos species. they're very different to the elder too.

havent got any of the expansions, but i did LOVE the original. prefer to play the real thing though, its just finding someone.

bring back the squats!!!!!

Bardiel13
http://www.thq-games.com/uk/news/show/2763

Just got word there will be another race AND... *drum roll*

AIR UNITS MOFO!

I can only hope that means my Tau get the epicly awesome Manta, though it's not likely.

RaventheOnly
This will be awesome ^>^

Bardiel13
Originally posted by vandalworks
dark elder arent really connected to chaos

Their kinky hedonistic lifestyle birthed a chaos God. I'd say that links them to Chaos.

vandalworks
in a way i suppose, but they're not chaos allies. you'd see a dark elder and chaos battle as much as anything else. i wouldnt really class them in the same way.

Burning thought
beautfiul, another DOW, love these line of games

Robby001
God this is great. I just found out that the sisters of battle will be the other race. Not a huge fan but it will still be nice. Couldn't find any mention of what other units will be added to the previous races. But I am hoping that the Space Marines get something really bad ass. It would be awesome to be able to command a primarch. But that maybe a little over kill.

What do you guys think. What extra units would you like to see?

Mišt
Damn, I was hoping for Tyranids...

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Mišt
Damn, I was hoping for Tyranids...

Relic already said the pathing wouldn't work for them, but they will be in DoW 2 which will feature the Company of Heroes engine.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Robby001
God this is great. I just found out that the sisters of battle will be the other race. Not a huge fan but it will still be nice. Couldn't find any mention of what other units will be added to the previous races. But I am hoping that the Space Marines get something really bad ass. It would be awesome to be able to command a primarch. But that maybe a little over kill.

What do you guys think. What extra units would you like to see?

Well, I know the Tau will be getting the Barracuda for their air unit (even though I think a Manta would be AWESOME).
I guess sniper upgrades for the Pathfinders or at least sniper drones would be cool. What I think should be the new unit would be everyong finally getting bikes (and Pirannha for the Tau). Oh wonderful bikes...

Robby001
Bikes would be a cool upgrade. Another one I was thinking would be thunder hawks for the marines. So they would have there fire support and also a faster troop deployment.

In DOW2 with the new engine it would be great if they could put the titan legions as a playable race. Just not really sure on how you would be able to balance against something like that. There are just so many different things that they could do that would be absolutely awesome. Such as making a game that follows the Horus Heresy, where you could pick one of the marine legions to command and then follow them through the storyline.

Bardiel13
Bikes would be a cool upgrade. Another one I was thinking would be thunder hawks for the marines. So they would have there fire support and also a faster troop deployment.

In DOW2 with the new engine it would be great if they could put the titan legions as a playable race. Just not really sure on how you would be able to balance against something like that. There are just so many different things that they could do that would be absolutely awesome. Such as making a game that follows the Horus Heresy, where you could pick one of the marine legions to command and then follow them through the storyline.

Titan legions as a playable race?! That wouldn't work very well :/ There is a mod with titans, though. For the air unit, I think the IG is getting Thunderbolts.

Robby001
Titans would work if it would have the same map setup like the empire earth games where you can zoom way out. But the only way you would be able to balance them is if the others had titans as well.

Bardiel13
Titans would work if it would have the same map setup like the empire earth games where you can zoom way out. But the only way you would be able to balance them is if the others had titans as well.

You said titan legions would be their own race. So, I got the impression that it would end up being Several Warhound Titans with an Emperor Class Titan as the hero or something, which would not work at all. Also, not every race has a equivilant of a titan. But, if they decide to add them in DoW2 or something I wouldn't mind.

Robby001
Yeah that was my bad. I should have said as a support unit.

So what are your favorite races and what units do you hope they add to them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.