Auron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Remindme

Remindme
Kingdom Hearts II Appearance

Due to his popularity, Nomura added Auron to his Kingdom Hearts II project. He serves as the world ally for the Olympus Coliseum and he is the only Final Fantasy character that can join Sora's party.

In the game, Hades resurrects the deceased warrior Auron to fight Hercules for him. However, Auron refuses to obey, saying "This is my story, and you're not part of it" (as Tidus and himself do at times in Final Fantasy X); although he realizes that Hades is lord of the Underworld, he responds to Hades's claim of who he is by saying "Heh, no wonder no one wants to die". He then aids Sora in fighting off Hades and Cerberus as they escape back to the surface. He disappears after finding the way to the stairway to the Colosseum, and his activities until he meets Sora again are unknown. Sora showed great admiration for him and wondered if he was a legendary hero.

When Sora returns, Hades used his powers to take away Auron's free will and encased it in a doll, forcing him to fight Hercules in the Underdrome. However, Sora manages to free Auron from the god's spell by destroying the doll that held his memories. During this scene, some of the quotes Auron made shortly before he died in Final Fantasy X are displayed and spoken on the screen. They then work together with Hercules in the battle against Hades, leading to the villain's eventual defeat.

At the end of the game, Auron witnesses the rebuilding of Hercules' coliseum before he returns to the underworld, turning into pyreflies.

Auron refers to himself as a guardian (he even asks Sora if he needs one) and the Keyblade that he gives Sora is the "Guardian Soul", which has a slight resemblance to Auron's swords in Final Fantasy X (the key chain attached is a nog bottle).

Auron's appearance remains relatively faithful to the original, save the fact that he is no longer wearing his sunglasses or his gauntlet on his right arm, is clean-shaven and is missing his famous jug of nog. His jacket also has a lower brim which allows Auron's mouth to be seen. In Final Fantasy X his mouth was seldom visible. Also, in battle, Auron's left hand remains slung in his sleeve while in Final Fantasy X he took it out during combat. His feet (or, perhaps, simply just his shoes ) are also much larger to fit with the Disney style. This attire strongly resembles Auron in his Final Fantasy X memories, when he was a guardian of Braska with Jecht. Auron's weapon is called Battlefields of War.

Auron's Limit attack for this game is Bushido, where he can twirl Sora around the area with their weapons and can create a tornado to finish off enemies. His attacks are quite faithful to their Final Fantasy X Overdrive counterparts, except that the attack named "Banishing Blade" appears to be "Dragon Fang" instead. Also, when Auron finishes the limit break, he says "your pain shall be twofold", which he would occasionally say in Final Fantasy X when he performed Armor Break.

Powers and Abilities

Aside from being a master swordsman, Auron is known to have the following special attacks:

Dragon Fang - Auron lauches into the air and violently lands into the ground damaging all enemies.

Shooting Star - Auron charges at an enemy that almost always causes it to be ejected from battle. This can be obtained after defeating Spherimorph in Macalania Forest and finding one of Jecht's sphere.

Banishing Blade - Auron attacks an enemy and induces it with Power, Armor, Magic and Mental Break. This can be obtained after collecting three of Jecht's spheres.

Tornado - Auron spins to create a powerful tornado propelling all enemies into the air. Then throws his wine jug causing a powerful explosion. This can be obtained after collecting all ten of Jecht's spheres.

shin_gear
Auron is badass!

Lana
Indeed he is. One of my favorite game characters.

shin_gear
He performed all of his Limit Breaks in KH2, at once!

Remindme
Anyone who's played either FFX or Kingdom Hearts II (I'd say FFX more so) knows Auron is

A) Just an awesome character, who keeps you in the dark about himself

B) Is one of the best plus's you can get in a tight situation ^-^

Lana
FFX is just simply my favorite game ever, so I'm biased...but yes. He is definitely very awesome.

Remindme
Ahh i see.

I guess we all have our favourites, I guess mine is pretty obvious but meh.

Anyways, Respect to Auron, the Legendary Guardian

shin_gear
His voice actor is awesome.

Sol Valentine
Auron is just, he deserves a standing ovation.

Superboy Prime
Auron about to pawn a monster
DbF3EGKSLZw

Sol Valentine
He looks so awesome.

shin_gear
Auron is Superboy Prime's dad.

Puerto Rican power! w00t

Sol Valentine
OMG!

SBP, how's Auron?
Have you seen the Farplane?
Have you learned any moves?
Have you met the FFX cast?
How's Jecht?

Superboy Prime
Auron's Banishing Blade Overdrive
Swc006eEC5s

Auron = Solid Snake meets Final Fantasy = Sex. durfist

shin_gear
Wow no.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by shin_gear
Sex me SBP.

Auron's Dragon Fang
sh-holijdao

shin_gear
Don't edit my quote you friggin croyt!

Superboy Prime
Auron's Shooting Star
d2qZuITzaF4

shin_gear
Would've been smart to post those all at once or rather, to edit your first and editable post. 313dur

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by shin_gear
Would've been smart to post those all at once or rather, to edit your first and editable post. 313dur

Would be smart to stop getting on my nerves.

Besides by making separate posts I can gather more attention. 131

shin_gear
You get on everyone's nerves Superboy n00b.

Superboy Prime
Point taken now lets cut the spamming.

shin_gear
You started it! cry

Superboy Prime
I did not.

Anyways eventhough I didn't start it I WILL end it. Time for some more Auron videos.

Auron's Tornado
MjbFEvsvWwI

shin_gear
Yeah you did. 313dur

Auron calm while Tidus is like WTF?lQlxEJ2wAHc

Sol Valentine
Auron is calm because he's badass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.