Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days [DS]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/1238/logo2wa8.jpg

From khinsider.com:

We are introduced with the scene where Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories had came to an end, and are then confronted with the phrase "The other side attached to Sora still sleeps", along with "The mind comes back whenever they touch."

The video then focuses upon Roxas and Axel, sitting atop the clock tower in Twilight Town. This seems to be the same scene from Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+. Soon after, the video shows Roxas being invited into Organization XIII. He is being greeted by all, and introduces himself, and they do the same to him. Then the scene fades into Roxas actually joining the Organization.

Following this is a short clip of Mickey talking about Axel, and Saix near Roxas. Roxas is shown pulling out both of his keyblades, and it moves into gameplay. The gameplay confirms indifenatley that you may play with Roxas, Axel, Saix and Xigbar.

Xemnas then mentions something very interesting. He explains that a 14th member has joined their Organization, and that this member is female. This scene is quickly followed by the title of the game: "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days" and a whsipering Roxas saying "I will disappear from this world in 151 days"

This game is for the beloved Nintendo DS.

InnerRise
Hmmmm a game that focuses on Roxas's story.

I'm glad they're doing that.

It'll be kind of sad though, being we know what happens and somehow he seems to know too based on his quote.

Interesting.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

shin_gear
Square announced three new KH titles. Here's a quote from TGS:Interesting...don't know whether or not I should make individual topics of these games just yet. KH:358/2 is a wierd title if you ask me.

Edit: Seems someone beat me to it. stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
Never been a fan of KH. Since is going to be on the DS. I'm there....any chance the Wii is getting one too?

InnerRise
Well being that the Kingdom Hearts games for the consoles have been exclusive to the Playstation, I'm not too sure.

I'd think the next big console Kingdom Hearts game would come out for the Playstation 3 unless they follow suit and expand to the 360 as well.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

JKozzy
I wouldn't hold my breath about KH on the 360... Wii's been a rumor for a while, but that project might be this DS one. I don't see KH3 being on any system other than the PS3.

Dusty
Love KH1 and 2. This doesn't interest me.

shin_gear
Well I'm so getting THIS game.

Sol Valentine
I'm gonna slit my cousin's throat if he dosen't get this game for me.

I'm having a joygasm.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by JKozzy
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/1238/logo2wa8.jpg

From khinsider.com:

We are introduced with the scene where Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories had came to an end, and are then confronted with the phrase "The other side attached to Sora still sleeps", along with "The mind comes back whenever they touch."

The video then focuses upon Roxas and Axel, sitting atop the clock tower in Twilight Town. This seems to be the same scene from Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+. Soon after, the video shows Roxas being invited into Organization XIII. He is being greeted by all, and introduces himself, and they do the same to him. Then the scene fades into Roxas actually joining the Organization.

Following this is a short clip of Mickey talking about Axel, and Saix near Roxas. Roxas is shown pulling out both of his keyblades, and it moves into gameplay. The gameplay confirms indifenatley that you may play with Roxas, Axel, Saix and Xigbar.

Xemnas then mentions something very interesting. He explains that a 14th member has joined their Organization, and that this member is female. This scene is quickly followed by the title of the game: "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days" and a whsipering Roxas saying "I will disappear from this world in 151 days"

This game is for the beloved Nintendo DS. jawdrop droolio I am getting this game.

JKozzy
"Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for the Nintendo DS features the story of Organization XIII's Number 13 Roxas. The game looks into the life of the semi-protagonist of Kingdom Hearts 2's life during his days in Organization XIII. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 will feature single-player as well as multiplayer missions through the WiFi capabilities of the Nintendo DS." - qj.net

Could be interesting, a multiplayer KH title.

WrathfulDwarf
Do you have to play KH 1 and 2 for the storyline is this set in a different time?

InnerRise
Yes, you'd definitely have a better grasp on the story if you play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

JKozzy
Yeah, I'd definitely recommend a play-through of both. Definitely worth it, no argument there. Two of my favorite games.

ESB -1138
So...they're milking Kingdom Hearts for all its worth now.

shin_gear
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20071010/dss26.jpg

shock

Sol Valentine
I'm gonna rape everyone with Xigbar.

shin_gear
lol

Sol Valentine
Seriously, I am.

Anal Space Attack!!!

Darkhalen
Love KH 1 AND 2 completed them both with every weapon unlocked master level and all skills and bosses defeated

Can't wait for the 3 new games one for DS (about roxas)
One for mobile (Jiminy's mysterious journal entry)
One for PSP when Master Xehanort disappears it is said great evil shall overthrow the world, a new keyblade master set's off to stop this, set 10 years before KH 1

Kumar
Originally posted by ESB -1138
So...they're milking Kingdom Hearts for all its worth now.

yeah, kinda dissapointing. I mean, don't get me wrong, KH is awesome and i loved 1 and 2 but all these spin-offs are inevitably going to scar its name with a lot of poorly constructed, rushed games that are just trying to cash in on the first games' success. I'll hold judgement until i read some reviews/play them, but i wouln't be surprised if they turn out to be phail...

ESB -1138
SCREW THEM! I want to play as Riku!!

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Kumar
yeah, kinda dissapointing. I mean, don't get me wrong, KH is awesome and i loved 1 and 2 but all these spin-offs are inevitably going to scar its name with a lot of poorly constructed, rushed games that are just trying to cash in on the first games' success. I'll hold judgement until i read some reviews/play them, but i wouln't be surprised if they turn out to be phail...

If there's anything Square Enix is known for, it's making the exact opposite of poorly constructed, rushed games.

ESB -1138
Dirge of Cerberus: FF7 wasn't a good game. In fact it seemed like they were just trying to make money off it.

General Kaliero
Well there's always the exception that proves the rule.

Plus I disliked 7 anyway, so yeah. Don't mind that they're killing it dead.

Darkhalen
To true they have Killed it to death also General Kaliero did you receive my 2 PM's....

Kumar
Originally posted by General Kaliero
If there's anything Square Enix is known for, it's making the exact opposite of poorly constructed, rushed games.

i don't believe i said or even implied that Square Enix makes bad games... in fact i didn't even mention Square Enix. All i'm saying is that Many spin-off games are sub par, especially when they come 3 at a time. I mean honestly, you can't help but be skeptical when they are coming out with 3 at once.

Dirge of Cerberus is a good example...

Its just a tendancy of any complany to try to cash in on its own success. Its the same reason why they make ultra shitty horror movie sequels. Same principle.

Scythe
When does this game come out in North America?

jalek moye
here are some trailers, and gameplay

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/kingdom-hearts-358-2-days/10435

Quincy
Originally posted by Scythe
When does this game come out in North America?

They haven't announced a North American release date, unfortunately.

Scythe
Originally posted by Quincy
They haven't announced a North American release date, unfortunately.

Ah, I see. Thankies.

EDIT: I found a preorder for this game on Amazon and it says it might be released Sept. 29th.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Hearts-358-Days-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001TD6SK8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1243446361&sr=8-1

Hewhoknowsall
I WANT KH3!!!!!!!!! (and not a prequel, a SEQUEL with the old characters)

Quincy
Ah, I see. Thankies.

EDIT: I found a preorder for this game on Amazon and it says it might be released Sept. 29th.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Hearts-358-Days-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001TD6SK8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1243446361&sr=8-1

Wohoho I'd be pumped if it came out this year.

Who's everybody most excited to play as?

I'm pumped for more Roxas-ness.

Scythe
I'm wanting to play this game too. I forgot most of the Org. XIII members.

Neo Darkhalen
Wohoho I'd be pumped if it came out this year.

Who's everybody most excited to play as?

I'm pumped for more Roxas-ness.

Larxene and Xigbar.

Scythe
Those names sound so made up! Haha, I only remember Axel.

Quincy
Marluxia will be badass.

Quincy
WOAH SHIT! YOU CAN PLAY AS DONALD!!! ****ING AWESOME!

Scythe
Really? Oh my!

Quincy
Really? Oh my!

You're excited.

I ****ing love Kingdom Hearts. I'm so excited for another one.

Neo Darkhalen
My friend downloaded it, and showed it me....my god it's awesome, I'm a bit annoyed how you can't see the living quarters in game, however you see some in cutscenes (they are blank) and I was hoping that each room would relate to an Org's personality, I know it's nothing major but I thought it would be a nice little extra.

Combat is nice so are the graphics the music comes straight from the PS2 however support AI needs work.

Overall though it looks great there is even a little org moogle!

Quincy
Good to hear then.

S_D_J
My brother downloaded it, He was very excited. PLayed for about 10 minutes

It's just another KH... but with crappy graphics... which doesn't make it bad cuz is still KH big grin

why the hell is this on DS, though?
there's absolutely no use for the touchscreen, other than watching the map...
It could have benefited from the extra power of the PSP... the cutscenes are PS2 rendered... but the actual DS graphics don't do it justice

.. It should be ported over to PSP or PS2...

Quincy
KH Owns.

I think I'll be able to get passed the toned down graphics.

Scythe
You're excited.

I ****ing love Kingdom Hearts. I'm so excited for another one.

Haha, that's good.

Neo Darkhalen
The graphics aren't all that bad for a DS game you know they look pretty sweet, as long as you can tell what things are supposed to be graphics should never really matter, gameplay over graphics any day.

As for the lack of touchscreen I'm glad, makes it feel like they haven't tacked on some random ds function, I know it has a touch screen however it doesn't have to utilize it! Again this all comes down to release a game on a popular console; I'm glad they decided to concentrate more on the game factor then adding pointless annoying mini-games in their that overall ruin the fun. Yahtzee said it best, either use one or the other never try and mix and match because it rarely works.

S_D_J

Neo Darkhalen

Quincy
I hope this means that further entries in the KH series will also be multiplayer.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Oh I understand what you mean, the inventory system seemed a little awkward.

I think it's been put on DS for a bigger audience that and well it'll sell on DS, apparently the sales of this game fund Birth by Sleep.

your response is logical 131

Scythe
How will this new game be multiplayer?

S_D_J
it has a multiplayer feature, something like mission based objectives: you pick a member of the Organization, a world to play in (the ones you've unlocked in the main game) you have an objective, and you have to work out towards that objective... with up to 4 players I believe

the main game it's solo

I was wrong about the touchscreen... it does have one use (so far), you can use it to move the camera around...as secondary (analog) stick. kinda difficult to use cuz it moves all over the place... that's about it

Quincy
Originally posted by S_D_J
it has a multiplayer feature, something like mission based objectives: you pick a member of the Organization, a world to play in (the ones you've unlocked in the main game) you have an objective, and you have to work out towards that objective... with up to 4 players I believe

Dont forget playing as DONALD OR GOOFY!

stoned

Neo Darkhalen
Playing as Donald would be awesome.

S_D_J
the release date is September 29

Quincy
Well at least it's this year.

Quincy
Tomorrow baby

Scythe
Preordered that shit, chee!

MooCowofJustice
It's not another Card Battle thing is it?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
It's not another Card Battle thing is it?

No.

Nemesis X
Yeah it's nice to see that Square Enix is still making Kingdom Hearts games but for the love of all that's holy, when are they gonna make a Kingdom Hearts game for the PS3 and be done with the portable systems?

Scythe
There's no use complaining about it. Keep up to date with whatever Square Enix is up to so you'll know.

Quincy
As excited as I am for this game, I'm not picking it up until Thursday. God damn it!

I'm excited as shit though. Kingdom Hearts is my love

occultdestroyer
I'm pretty sure there's a thread posted up for this topic already :/

Quincy
Nah Nah

Neo Darkhalen
Can't wait for the English release, playing as Larxene and Xigbar is going to be awesome!

Quincy
DANCE WATER DANCE!!!!

MooCowofJustice
I hated that guy. So annoying...

Scythe
I want to play as Mickey.

Quincy
Picking this up today

S_D_J
just powering on the DS right now...

It's repetitive as hell, but at least is KH erm

something to tie us over until the true sequel/prequel comes out for PSP

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Yeah it's nice to see that Square Enix is still making Kingdom Hearts games but for the love of all that's holy, when are they gonna make a Kingdom Hearts game for the PS3 and be done with the portable systems?

once KH: BbS comes will know about the next KH, and hopefully that one will be for PS3

Quincy
I like it.

I'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fan, so It's great to play another game again. I really got into it, turned off the lights, plugged in my headphones to play it. The second you hear the main menu music it sucks you right back into the KH world.

As for the gameplay, I've just basically finished the hour long tutorial. You are basically Roxas and each Organization member teaches you the basics of playing, fighting, magic, and missions. I'm about to embark on the real story on a real mission with Axel, so I'm excited to see what else the missions play like.

S_D_J
Longest.Tutorial.Ever.

but it is KH big grin

Scythe
Doin' alright so far. The extra challenges though, not the normal holo-missions, but the challenges. F*ck that, can't seem to get interested enough to them. I hope the game picks up toward the end, so far I'm on day 229 I think and there's more questions than I had since the first time I turned the game on. I'm really hoping there isn't a big cliffhanger ending.

Neo Darkhalen
Doin' alright so far. The extra challenges though, not the normal holo-missions, but the challenges. F*ck that, can't seem to get interested enough to them. I hope the game picks up toward the end, so far I'm on day 229 I think and there's more questions than I had since the first time I turned the game on. I'm really hoping there isn't a big cliffhanger ending.

Without spoiling things, I can assure you that's not the case.

Scythe
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Without spoiling things, I can assure you that's not the case.

Neat.

AsbestosFlaygon
Just finished the game last week.

Very good indeedly, but I expected more. Then again, it's a DS so...
I hope Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep won't disappoint.

Scythe
So far, I'm lovin' the Rage Gear, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.