The Hulk survived Black Bolt's scream!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

miraclethree
WWH #4

It's official! wink

http://www.comicboards.com/hulk/view.php?trd=070920020555

"... really did hit Hulk with a scream back when they fought off-panel at the start of WWH, this issue answers that question.
>
> Check out the previously secret conversation between Tony and Sentry in the first issue but now revealed here. Specifically the part about what Tony said Black Bolt did in his battle with Hulk and the fact that Hulk still survived it. Kind of hard to imagine BB being able to pull that off with a mere "whisper" eh ?
>
> Fast fact... Rhode Island covers an area of approximately 1,214 square miles"

Rorschach
So why wasn't the moon completely destroyed?

I thought Black Bolt's scream could destroy an entire planet, and someone mentioned that an entire planet was shaking because Black Bolt was moaning.

miraclethree
Originally posted by Rorschach

I thought Black Bolt's scream could destroy an entire planet, and someone mentioned that an entire planet was shaking because Black Bolt was moaning.

In wwh#1 we saw what a whisper can do...and now we finally know also what a scream can do!

Morridini
Originally posted by Rorschach

Just mentioned the exact same thing in the WWH thread.

If a whisper can do that much destruction, then a scream should have totally shattered the moon.

llagrok
So why does this deserve its own thread?

Answer: it doesn't.

miraclethree
I'm just begging someone to tell me that what BB did (and which Hulk survived) according to Tony, could have been accomplished with anything less than a scream

roughrider
Originally posted by miraclethree
In wwh#1 we saw what a whisper can do...and now we finally know also what a scream can do!

So? Answer the question above. A full scream from BB should destroy the moon. How is it still intact after hitting the Hulk with it?
Here's the answer: comic book quasi physics. The editors finally want Hulk to beat BB, so they power him up but just ignore what the scream should logically do around them. Just an excuse to build up WWH.

By the way, this is old news now, Hulk beating BB. This is what the WWH thread is for.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Morridini
Just mentioned the exact same thing in the WWH thread.

If a whisper can do that much destruction, then a scream should have totally shattered the moon.

I guess it could be argued that it wasnt aimed at the mmon but at the Hulk. The scream hit Hulk and the rest of the energy went into space. IF BB had aimed at HUlk from above towards the ground maybe that could apply. *shrug*

WrathfulDwarf
Now we will never ever hear the end of this....thanks Marvel.

Kutulu
The answer is pretty simple. Blackbolt can direct his whisper / scream.

Example: When he whispered at Apocalypse, the ground underneath was fine - wasn't moved at all. He directs where the cone-shaped path goes.

There is no reason whatsoever for him to destroy the moon. The fact that a chunk of the moon got blown off shows just how powerful the side affect was, as oftentimes with his whisper, if proper aiming is used, the ground is hardly affected at all.

If he directly screamed at the ground, then yes, the moon would have been toast.

DigiMark007
We already have a WWH thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.