The Next Pokemon Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Venomous Yoshi
If the fourth generation follows the same trend as the previous generations, then there's going to be a third game that features all the pokemon from Diamond and Pearl.

First Generation
Pokemon Red and Blue
Third game: Pokemon Yellow

Second Generation
Pokemon Gold and Silver
Third game: Pokemon Crystal

Third Generation
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
Third game: Pokemon Emerald

Fourth Generation
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
Third game: ?????

What do you all think will be the name of the third game for the fourth generation hand-held pokemon trilogy?

shin_gear
Pokemon Mercury and Uranus.

jk

Tekno Boy
Pokemon Jade?

Bloinky
You forgot about Pokemon Fire and Leaf.

grey fox
Originally posted by Bloinky
You forgot about Pokemon Fire and Leaf.

Those are remakes of Red and Blue so they dont really concern this thread...

Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi

What do you all think will be the name of the third game for the fourth generation hand-held pokemon trilogy?

Platinum ?

MadMel
brunette and blond erm

seriously, opal and topaz?
they seem to be doing rocks is all big grin

Venomous Yoshi
Originally posted by grey fox
Those are remakes of Red and Blue so they dont really concern this thread...

Platinum ?

Pokemon Platinum sounds good.

Thunder Fox
hmmmm jade that would be good

Ozone
Pokemon Amber.

ESB -1138
First Generation
Pokemon Red (Charizard) and Blue (Blastoise)
Third game: Pokemon Yellow (Pikachu)

Second Generation
Pokemon Gold (Ho-Oh) and Silver (Lugia)
Third game: Pokemon Crystal (Suicune)

Third Generation
Pokemon Ruby (Groudon) and Sapphire (Kyogre)
Third game: Pokemon Emerald (Rayquaza)

Fourth Generation
Pokemon Diamond (Dialga) and Pearl (Palkia)
Third game: ?????

I'm guessing the cover may have Darkrai so I'm guessing opal.

Ridley_Prime
Meh. I'm thinking the 3rd D/P game will be Opal too, except it'll have Arceus on the cover rather than Darkrai, but ya'll's guess is as good as mine.

ESB -1138
I don't think it will be Arceus. Arceus is like the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi of Diamond and Pearl.

Kero_Co
Opal + Giratina

JediKatarn1
The next game to follow Diamond and Pearl will be Pokemon Opal. Everybody listen, Opal will be next. 2010 will be the release of Pokemon Opal which will fill in for Diamond and Pearl. Because Giratina mean's "Fire Opal." Giratina is the third pocket monster to Palkia and Dialga.

Here is the line up so pay attention:

.2008-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Time Exploration Team and Darkness Exploration Team for Nintendo DS.

.2009-Pokemon SunGold and MoonSilver version (Gold and Silver remakes) for Nintendo DS

.2010-Pokemon Opal (third installment to Diamond and Pearl) for Nintendo DS.

JinX9001

Morridini
You know you replied to a post posted one year and nine months ago? And on top of that to a banned member.

Ridley_Prime
At first I thought this was gonna be a thread for Heart Gold and Soul Silver until I realized it was bumped.

BloodRain
Because to hell with making new threads

4bIrWryFc7A

Ridley_Prime
Damn, at first I almost thought Black Yoshi had returned because of Pokemon X and Y (a.k.a. gen 6) being revealed or something until I saw this was something that got necro-bumped again... lol

The starters look okay. Will probably get the fire one as usual assuming I get one of the new games around October or so. *still has a 3DS currently collecting dust*

AuraAngel
Pokemon pattern is allowing me to get the one I like most again.

But I have to admit I like them all. The grass guy looks pretty happy go lucky and the other is a frog! Yay for frogs!

BloodRain
Are you both fire starters?

The legendaries look unique. More interesting in design than any recent ones.

AuraAngel
This time around I plan to get the fire one yeah.

Grass->Water->Fire->Grass

I've stuck with this pattern for my whole Pokemon life with regards to my starter choices.

Ridley_Prime
Am I the only one who still wishes Pokemon (or at least the latest gens) would get more content on the consoles? The last console Pokemon game I remember getting was Battle Revolution which I later sold for how shallow and soulless it was, compared to the Stadium games and other Pokemon console titles anyway. Hell, make another Pokemon Snap, something.

Also feel they don't change up the Pokemon versions as much as they should when the next gens come around, at least after gen 3 or so. But I guess GameFreak doesn't feel the need to do so since they still make millions from the games regardless.

Black and White as they were didn't disappointment me though and in fact were a big step up from gen 4, so I have good hopes for gen 6.

@ BR: In answer to your question, yes. stick out tongue And I agree about the designs for the legendaries.

So why do you think the new games are called X and Y? Named off of X and Y chromosomes? Will the 3rd game be called Z?

BloodRain
Everyone gets Firefox~.. wait does that pattern not include games like emerald, fire red and black 2?

Disappointed that we didnt get to see Kyurems true form :/

@RP: Ive been wishing since gen 3 that theyd make a proper console game that isnt like xd. One like the handheld games, or even an rpg based on the anime.

Maybe, sounds better than my algebra idea.. But i doubt either. What the heck will the Z shaped Mon look like o.o

AuraAngel
Originally posted by BloodRain
Everyone gets Firefox~.. wait does that pattern not include games like emerald, fire red and black 2?

It's mostly just based around generations. But in the case of remakes I use the one I chose for that particular generation. I.e in SoulSilver I used Totodile. For things like Emerald or the sequels I use a different starter to mix it up. For my first playthrough though it's strictly formula.

Tzeentch._
So, how is this game going to be significantly different from the previous 20 iterations?

BloodRain
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
So, how is this game going to be significantly different from the previous 20 iterations?
Well in this game you'll be challenged to complete the pokedex of new pokemon while going around defeating all 8 gyms, challenge your rival, stop the plots of the evil team, catch your games legendary then challenge the elite four and the champion, all the while going on any leftover adventures...

...See? New pokemon. Its a completely different game now that you must buy.

Morridini

AuraAngel

3D! =D

But lolNintendo.

Barker
Hell of a bump.

Also agreeing with Morridini, I don't want your crappy 3DS.

MooCowofJustice
Some of these comments make me glad I'm not running a thread for X and Y. Horrible, horrible posts, indeed.

BlackZero30x
I remember getting the Pokemon yellow Gamboy and Game combo. I was the coolest of all the nerds at school back then!

.....anyways still have red, blue, and yellow. I still play them to.

BloodRain
Fire fox > Grass squirrel > Water frog > Fire fox
Psychic fox < Dark squirrel < Fighting frog < Psychic fox

If its true it would make it more balanced.

AuraAngel
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/6/63/Sylveon.png/230px-Sylveon.png

New Eeveelution. Can't say I know what type it is.

BloodRain
Looks psychic..

People online think its either a flying type or some new, special way to evolve Eevee. Don't like the ribbons all that much.. I mean, how can those be natural?

Martian_mind
Pffft, totally a dragon type.

BloodRain
Japanese Ninfia
English Sylveon
French Nymphia

Nymphs are nature spirits. Sylvania is latin for "forest land".

IMO it links in to Xerneas who looks to be connected to the forest/nature, so they would probably share the same type which I suspect will be a new one.

Greek Nymphs, European landscapes & Norse mythology/Yggdrasil.

ares834
I'm doubtful. It's probably a normal type as most "fairies" seem to be.

BloodRain
http://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/mewtwo_new_form.pnghttp://gengame.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/mewtwo-form-pokemon-xy-head.jpg
vk_YC0MXJ-0

No one knows if this is a form change of Mewtwo or a new pokemon related to Mewtwo. All thats known is that its going to be in the new movie.

Ridley_Prime
Considering it replaced Mewtwo in the movie poster, and the title of the movie being Mewtwo's Reawakening, I think it should be obvious that it is him in a new form, not to mention both are purple and white.

And he went from being Frieza-esque to Buu-esque with the tail placement, it seems.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Considering it replaced Mewtwo in the movie poster, and the title of the movie being Mewtwo's Reawakening, I think it should be obvious that it is him in a new form, not to mention both are purple and white.

And he went from being Frieza-esque to Buu-esque with the tail placement, it seems.

I've been calling him Kid Mew ever since I saw him.

NotAllThatEvil
If they make a new type, it better be weak to poison. The ONLY type weak to poison is grass. How is thst fair?

BloodRain
rTyPZGdEyyc

Ka'chepow.

Also Sylveon's 'bubble' at the end has a wing symbol on it but it doesn't look like something to show a flying type. That with the move it shows.. still going for Fairy type.

AuraAngel
gmywDbnC5oc

BR called in, a new Pokemon type should make things more interesting for the meta-players at the very least.

Still not sure how I feel about it. Fairy Type is just kind of a laem name. And I have no idea what is strong against it(probably Dark or Ghost).

Hmm...I wonder if Fennekin will be part Fairy type?

BloodRain
Yeah I did cool

Strong against those three, weak against Fire, Steel, Poison?

The Bat and Butterfly are nicely designed, and its been a while since seeing new pokes in this early stage has got that response from me. And the Panda, not so much the other new ones.

Edit:
si7oFO5y1e8
Sky battles, some new pokes and Hoard encounters.. would like to know more about the latter.

Edit:
Sky battles are with Levitate and Flying types. Talonflame, the fire/flying evo of that robin Poke, focuses on speed. Hoards are 5 v 1. Can ride other pokes to suit terrain, like Rydon in rocky areas.

BloodRain
http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

Panda evo, Fighting/Dark, and a Sword Pokemon. Literally just a sword.

Xerneas is Fairy-type, Yveltal is Dark/Flying. Xerneas has an ability called Fairy Aura while Yveltal has one called Dark Aura. Fairy Aura powers up Fairy-type moves while Dark Aura powers up Dark-type moves. Xerneas has a special move called Geo Control and Yveltal one called Death Wing.

And the new evil guys are Team Flair/Flare, who are out to make money.

The Scenario
I'm thinking about X for Xerneas, but the plague doctor mon is Y exclusive. I suppose I can always trade, and X's cotton candy mon is't bad. It's apparently got Drain Kiss.

I also want Helioptile, and with its Parabolic Charge my all HP stealing team is one step closer to reality. Now the real question is Froakie or Clauncher.

ScreamPaste
If I get this game, probably getting Y to troll my brother since he wants Y. But yeah, the mons are looking pretty nifty so far. Hm.

ares834
Pretty cool. Defiantly getting Y.

Although do we really need another Dragon/Flying poke?

The Scenario
I believe Yveltal is Dark/Flying. Not dragon for some reason.

And I'm not going to lie, I'm legitimately excited about theFairy type.

ares834
My bad, wasn't talking about Yveltal but Noivern.

BloodRain
The less uber dragons the better. We already have the strongest legendaries and non-legendaries as them. I say less uber dragons and more common ones.

Would you prefer Fairy or Light?

The Scenario
I never really thought about a Light type much. A lot of literal light attacks currently fall under Steel and Normal. Fairy, though, has the potential to throw some really interesting Fae creatures into the mix, that I'm not sure would fit as Normal.

Eh, I like Fairy.

Nephthys
Dragons are supposed to be uber to make up for their rarity. Screw teh haterz.

The Scenario
CJOPnT8dutc

NotAllThatEvil
I alwayd get the fighter starter because fire types have always been slimpickings, but now I'm not so sure...

AuraAngel
Getting Y because I'm a boy and that has been predetermined by fate.

Granted I would need X to accompany it. So meh.

Fire Starter all the way! w00t

Nephthys

ScreamPaste
Poison finally getting love? Hell. YES.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Nephthys
The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

A second professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

Neat. Fire/Psychic then. ^_^

Do you know when this occurs? It would be really cool to have one of these starters on my team as I play through the game(Bulbasaur of course).

ares834
Very cool.

The starters sound awesome plus getting Charmander on my team will be great.

And Fairy being immune to Dragon is a great move.

BloodRain
Called the final evo types, now none can be more effective against the other. :I

Poison love and another Mewtwo form? Good day is good.

The Scenario
Who wants to do some math? You don't have to but I'm posting it anyway. Tell me I'm what I'm doing wrong, basically.

So, first of all, here's what I'm working with: http://www.serebii.net/games/damage.shtml (Damage calculation)

((((2 * Level / 5 + 2) * AttackStat * AttackPower / DefenseStat) / 50) + 2) * STAB * Weakness/Resistance * RandomNumber / 100

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/282.shtml#stats (Gardevoir stats- Sp. Atk 130)
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/635.shtml#stats (Hydreigon stats- Sp. Def 95)

The evidence
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/1371077547332_zps0e0ff97e.gif

Gardevoir Fairy Wind vs. Hydreigon. 152 - 56 = 96 damage

The Assumptions
0 IVs, 0 EVs, (Note that Hydriegon's 152 HP is its minimum possible value; it's IVs and EVs in HP would have to be 0 for that) Neutral Nature, Dark Weakness to Fairy/Dark Neutral to Fairy, Arbitrary Base Power for Fairy Wind

The actual math stuff

Assuming Fairy is Neutral to Dark and Fairy Wind Base Power of 55 (like Icy Wind)

((((2*50/5+2)*130*55/95)/50)+2)*1.5*2*85/100 = 89 damage minimum

((((2*50/5+2)*130*55/95)/50)+2)*1.5*2*100/100 = 105 damage maximum

Assuming Dark Weakness to Fairy and Fairy Wind Base Power 30

((((2*50/5+2)*130*30/95)/50)+2)*1.5*4*85/100 = 102 damage minimum

((((2*50/5+2)*130*30/95)/50)+2)*1.5*4*100/100 = 120 damage maximum

The Conclusion

Okay, so basically I was bored and decided to see if I could confirm or deny Dark's weakness to Fairy, because "Wynaut?" See above for my results, and explanations are as follows:

1. Dark is Neutral to Fairy
So, using a base power of 55 for Fairy Wind I found that the damage range worked out if Dark did not have a weakness to Fairy. That is assuming Fairy Wind is similar to Icy Wind, which I believe is possible. The other "wind" moves (Silver Wind and Ominous Wind) are BP 60, but the minimum damage there is 97, just barely too high for the 96 damage shown.

OR

2. Fairy Wind's Base Power is below 30
If Dark has a weakness to Fairy, basically anything above 40 BP could possibly OHKO the Hydreigon shown in the video. I didn't go below 30 BP primarily because that's already weaker than Tackle, and the damage is still too high. So unless Fairy Wind has some spectacular secondary effect, it's a pathetic Bubble tier move and that makes me sad.

AuraAngel
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Courtesy of Scenario. Thoughts? O:

ares834
If we don't get a MegaCharizard I will be pissed.

AuraAngel
Different evolution methods. I lol'd.

Poke-Armor Energize!

BloodRain
MegaArceus? awesome

X/Y: Taking your god and making him better.

AuraAngel
Seems like the key to Mega Evolution is a comb.

I can't get over Ampharos' hair. It seriously looks like something a Zeus like deity would have but it's on a Pokesheep lol.

The Scenario
Helix scan plox?

http://i.imgur.com/41Atxtr.png

Ridley_Prime
So Pokemon pulled a Digimon with the different form idea now basically? Guess it was a matter of time.

NotAllThatEvil
Lucarimon fighter mode?

draxx_tOfU
My co worker brought his son to work a couple of days ago and was playing White 2. Never bothered nor cared about pokemon since the anime a long long time ago. I'm ashamed to admit it was a bit......addicting. The fire pig looks awesome.

So i just bought a 3ds xl and my first ever pokemon game. Told the chick at toys r us it was for my nephew. Yeah.

The Scenario
http://youtu.be/YTHgE0vtOXU

Looks like they just go super saiyan mid battle.

AuraAngel
That's neat I guess. Still those designs lol.

Would like to see more Mega Evolutions than just those 6 though. And it really is Digimon since the Evolutions aren't permanent.

NotAllThatEvil
So is no one gonna mention that we finally see baby kangaskhan fight?

Vensai
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
So is no one gonna mention that we finally see baby kangaskhan fight?
They finally made the baby kangaskhan an actual Pokemon?

NotAllThatEvil
Naw, big K's mega is the mommy and child tag teaming the opponent in a two on one. Its still pretty cool though.

The Scenario
Just going to leave this here.

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/morphintime_zps03f91f12.gif

Tzeentch._
What have they done to my Pokemon?

Bentley
What have they done to my Pokemon?

They made it perfect.

I love the Sailor Moonish transformation they gave to the pokemon though, it just adds to the overall girly feel of it all.

Barker
Mega Evolutions no expression

BloodRain

AuraAngel
That is pretty hax.

NotAllThatEvil
Do you think all fully evolved pokemon will get megas, or only a few?

AuraAngel
Only a few. If all of them got it they would say so and show different Pokemon besides Ampharos or Mawhile.

Vensai

AuraAngel
blhaSxUJ-OU

Looks like the whole getting one of the Kanto starters during your journey was true. Definitely getting Bulbasaur.

Thoughts on these here "mega evolutions" of our first Pokemon's evar?

NotAllThatEvil
Venusaur looks kinda weird. ..

Martian_mind
Looks unbelievably sick. So excited for this.

Tzeentch._
What a stupid gimmick. lawl

The Scenario
I can't decide if Mega Blastoise looks ridiculous or amazing.

Mega Venusaur barely changes at all, slightly disappointing. Still probably getting it, though.

BloodRain
Get a Venasaur, sick a flower sticker on its head.. success.

Charizard is a good design. How many are they going to give this feature to?

NotAllThatEvil
I hope a breloom. I want a mega breloom.

ares834
MEGA CHARIZARD! **** yeah! Love the leaner design on him.

lol at Blastoise shooting water out of his mouth though.

BloodRain

AuraAngel
Venasaur now has two abilities with which to own.

Poor Charizard still has the bane of Stealth Rock to contend with. Unless it's literally the first one lol.

Nephthys
"Following the information from the Pokémon Direct, the official release has provided new details on the Pokémon. Mega Venusaur has the ability Thick Fat, Mega Charizard has the ability Drought and Mega Blastoise has the ability Mega Launcher which boosts its moves. It also confirmed that you will need to obtain a bracelet called the Mega Ring that holds a mysterious stone called a Key Stone. The Trainer’s Key Stone resonates with the Mega Stone held by his or her Pokémon."

M.Venasaur loses its weakness to Fire and Ice, M.Charizard's sun strengthens Fire moves and weakens Water, and M.Blastoise has a cannon ability for his cannon on his cannon.

And he doesn't even use the cannon. no expression

Tzeentch._
The megastone allows your pokemon to megaevolve and use mega-moves, such as Blastoise's mega launcher.

wakkawakkawakka

Ridley_Prime
Interesting @ Mega Charizard having drought, among other details... And yeah, they should've shown Mega Blastoise using an attack that involved his cannons in the trailer. Oh well. Mega Venusaur seems like it could hold its own pretty well too.

Out of the Mega forms, I don't get why Mewtwo's is like the only one that looks more like a pre-evolution or younger version of its classic form. The design isn't horrible per se, but if Mewtwo had maintained its 'mature' look, the Mega form (even with the tail placement and stuff) prolly would've grown on me more by now, and IMO, would've been just as much a step forward in the badassery department as most of the other Mega forms.

AuraAngel
Mewtwo's Mega Evolution looking younger is to make up for him not having a childhood.

Now who feels like an *******?

Ridley_Prime
1. The original Mewtwo did have a childhood (albeit, in a Japan-only prequel to the first movie), just the memory of his childhood was wiped clean by his creators' due to some tragic events.

2. The Mewtwo in the new movie that changes into the Mega form is different from the Kanto one and is female. We don't know what kind of past she had in comparison.

I'm supposed to feel like an ******* if I happen to not be the biggest fan of Mega Mewtwo's younger looking design? Well excuse me if I happen to have a little constructive criticism on the way they're handling my favorite Pokemon.

BlackZero30x
I'm supposed to feel like an ******* if I happen to not be the biggest fan of Mega Mewtwo's younger looking design? Well excuse me if I happen to have a little constructive criticism on the way they're handling my favorite Pokemon.

Damn straight you should stick out tongue

AuraAngel
1. The original Mewtwo did have a childhood (albeit, in a Japan-only prequel to the first movie), just the memory of his childhood was wiped clean by his creators' due to some tragic events.

2. The Mewtwo in the new movie that changes into the Mega form is different from the Kanto one and is female. We don't know what kind of past she had in comparison.

Dude it was a joke. Why so serious lol? stick out tongue

Tzeentch._

I'm supposed to feel like an ******* if I happen to not be the biggest fan of Mega Mewtwo's younger looking design? Well excuse me if I happen to have a little constructive criticism on the way they're handling my favorite Pokemon. Hahahaha, calm down bro.

Ridley_Prime
Eh, sorry. Guess that kind of reaction to such a statement is typical of me when I don't get as much sleep as hoped before having to go somewhere and seeing a post like that first thing in the morning.

Maybe they made Mewtwo's Mega form the way they did to make it resemble Mew more as far as size or something? Then again, I remember hearing rumors that Mew2 would have another Mega form for that purpose alone, but don't know if it's true or not still. Maybe said form would be more pink instead of purple like Mew? lol

Anyway, carry on.

ares834
So apparently Mewtwo is supposed to have another mega form and they are exclusive to the different versions of the game.

BloodRain
Okay can someone post a link or something to that? Because I've seen a lot of unofficial people saying it but nothing official, not even a web page listing that as a possible rumour.

Ridley_Prime
Wouldn't mind seeing a source about it myself with the amount of people I've seen bring it up too. Mewtwo will pretty much be the face or mascot of the next Pokemon gen regardless if the 2nd Mega form is true or not though. Bout time.

AuraAngel
A lot of love for the original games this generation...and gen 3 too.

Shame cause Gen 4 is my personal favorite.

ares834
Okay can someone post a link or something to that? Because I've seen a lot of unofficial people saying it but nothing official, not even a web page listing that as a possible rumour.

http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

And this seems to hint at it as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8-2AmXyk8s

Bardock42
http://31.media.tumblr.com/2cc95db8e092220ee6838f4964420354/tumblr_msqikzwyDl1r10s59o1_500.jpg

I like it

BloodRain
thumb up

Fair rumour then, liking that its going to be more similar to Mewtwo in design. If this one is speed, the X might Spatk.. or a physical Mewtwo mhmm

NotAllThatEvil
Deoxys style?

BloodRain
thumb down

And just like that, no longer a fan of that idea.

juggerman
laughing out loud

ares834
http://pokebeach.com/news/0913/mega-garchomp.jpg

Weep, weep in terror and behold the visage of your new god!

juggerman
Ah shit. He was already bad enough

ares834
Yep. He'll probably be banned again...

Anyway here is more info from the magazine. Including a pic of the new Mega Mewtwo who is Psychic/Fighting.

Bentley
New type chart was revealed.

juggerman
Link? Scan?

BloodRain

The Scenario
I cannot stop laughing.

Even if I was wrong about Fairy > Dark.

Ridley_Prime
I already like Mega Mewtwo X better than Y. If the Y form was in the new movie about Genesect or whatever but not X then it's a crime against humanity.

Okay, exaggerated a little, but still. The concept of a half fighting/half psychic Mewtwo is awesome, even if the legs there look a little overly long/goofy.

NotAllThatEvil
Torimian looks like a llama...

BloodRain
Is anyone else disappointed with Chespin's evo? Worse than Pignite, and meh to that pig.

Originally posted by The Scenario
I cannot stop laughing.

Even if I was wrong about Fairy > Dark.
I was right about a physical M2 though coot
I already like Mega Mewtwo X better than Y. If the Y form was in the new movie about Genesect or whatever but not X then it's a crime against humanity.

Okay, exaggerated a little, but still. The concept of a half fighting/half psychic Mewtwo is awesome, even if the legs there look a little overly long/goofy.
If we're lucky, and we rarely are, we may get another movie about this form. I mean its Mewtwo, the most popular legendary. They cannot give him a new form without a proper showcase. Though there are going to be at least three X/Y films with two about the new ones, so heres hoping for the third one.

The Scenario
I was never planning on getting Chespin anyway so it doesn't affect me much, though I will say he looks pretty derpy.

The real issue now is that Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie turning into a Knight/Mage/Thief trio is starting to look like a real possibility, and Fennekin looking like a witch is making me question my loyalty to Froakie. At the very least that would make it easier to accept Clauncher onto the team, but until I know everything for sure I'm going to stay with Froakie.

I'm also interested in the Steel "nerf", what with it not resisting Dark and Ghost anymore. I can see Ghost doing better now, but Dark is taking a hit I don't think it needed.

And now Sableye and Spiritomb have a weakness to Fairy, leaving Eelectross as the only pokemon with no weakness, IIRC. That's a little disappointing but I like Eelectross and it will be hilarious in Sky Battles.

ares834
Kinda sad to see Fairy be immune to Dragon. It means Outrage will now be virtually useless and thrown aside for Dragon Claw/Rush.

As for the 2nd stage Evos, only Froakie's looks any good. Looks like this cements the fact that I'm getting Froakie/Charmander for my starter.

The Scenario
Why would Outrage be any more useless than another Dragon move? Muli-turn moves like that get cancelled if they hit an immune target, so the user won't be stuck using an ineffective move. All this means is you need something to get rid of the opposing Fairy before you can hit the win button that is a 120 BP STAB Outrage. With Steel being SE against Fairy, Scizor and his Bullet Punch remain on top.

Fennekin's evo looks fine, I don't see much wrong with it unless you don't like it being Bipedal.

Barker
All the mega evolutions are gross. Gekogashira looks nice though.

Nephthys
Yeah, Fox-thing looks fine imo. Its just the grass starter that looks like a complete tard in its second evo.

ares834
Why would Outrage be any more useless than another Dragon move? Muli-turn moves like that get cancelled if they hit an immune target, so the user won't be stuck using an ineffective move.

Good... Gooood...

Fennekin's evo looks fine, I don't see much wrong with it unless you don't like it being Bipedal.

Yep, I hate it being bipedal. Was hoping it would remain like Ninetails.

NotAllThatEvil
I would have liked it on all fours as well, but being some sort of foxy witch would be cool.

Sacred 117
And now Sableye and Spiritomb have a weakness to Fairy, leaving Eelectross as the only pokemon with no weakness, IIRC. That's a little disappointing but I like Eelectross and it will be hilarious in Sky Battles.

I'm not sure how that works, but while we're on it, I think electric should be vulnerable to ice. I mean, cold kills a battery, so it's a logical modification IMO.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I would have liked it on all fours as well, but being some sort of foxy witch would be cool.

I don't care what anyone says. Fennekin will def be my starter. big grin

AuraAngel
Shame there are a lot of cool fire types the Gen I'm getting the Fire starter.

If there is one downside to getting the Kanto starters it's that it dissuades you from getting a lot of the other Pokemon. I have no need for a Fire, Psychic, Grass, or Poison type already lol.

BloodRain

The Scenario
http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Amaura-X-and-Y.jpg

This thing is absolutely adorable and has a great concept. It is also Rock/Ice and probably going to be slow and defensive despite having 6 very common weaknesses. I love it, but it will likely be nigh unusable.

why would anyone do this

ares834
Tyrunt is way more awesome.

NotAllThatEvil
That thing is adorable. I'm having it on my team just to be a mascot.

AuraAngel
http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Amaura-X-and-Y.jpg

This thing is absolutely adorable and has a great concept. It is also Rock/Ice and probably going to be slow and defensive despite having 6 very common weaknesses. I love it, but it will likely be nigh unusable.

why would anyone do this

Why do you think it will be slow and defensive?

Genuinely conflicted over which fossil Pokemon to get. Which matches Fennekin and Bulbasaur the best?

The Scenario
muh patterns

Fossil pokemon tend to be released in offense/defense oriented pairs. One is usually a physical attacker, while the other has better defenses and maybe some sp. atk. Tyrunt looks to be the attacker of this pair. Then the Rock type itself is also known for pretty slow defensive pokes, and a lot of Ice types are pretty bulky and slow as well.

Now, Amaura could be a special attacker based on its use of Aurora Beam, but if it is that severely hinders Refrigerate as most of the good Normal moves are physical. In that case I hope we get some new special Normal moves, otherwise the best it could get is Hyper Beam.

The absolute best case scenario for Amaura would be a fast physical attacker, and and if it got Extremespeed I would use nothing else until the end of forever. As it stands though, I don't think it will happen. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting it to be a primarily defensive mon with above average special attack, that nonetheless learns some physical normal moves it will have trouble making use of due to low attack.

I want to like it, but I'm afraid of how easily it could be messed up.

AuraAngel
So what you're saying is I should get the Tyrunt fossil instead and smash this one into pieces?

Granted even if I got the game on launch day the Pokenerds would have already hacked the game to figure everything out. 'Tis their nature.

BloodRain
http://www.serebii.net/xy/amauraevo.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/xy/tyrantrum.png

Aurorus (Can learn the ice move Freeze Dry which is super effective against water types) and Tyrantrum.

juggerman
Rock/Fire? Rock/Ground? Just Rock?

BloodRain
Blue's Rock/Ice, Red's Rock/Dragon.

ares834
Tyrantrum is awesome. Wish it had a better name though.

AuraAngel
Apparently Kalos region doesn't have any new Pokemon that Mega-evolve...Lame.

And the choice of the fossil Pokemon hasn't gotten any easier. If Scenario is right about how the stats will fall than Tyrunt is the way to go but I'll just wait to see what hacking the game reveals~

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, seems the whole Mega forms is something that'll only be handed to certain fan-favorites, rather than to new Pokemon in general. I guess in a way it's a nod to older gen poke-fans (making their favorite Pokemon more recent or relevant again) while Gamefreak still makes their usual new critters and stuff.

ScreamPaste
Yeah, seems the whole Mega forms is something that'll only be handed to certain fan-favorites, rather than to new Pokemon in general. I guess in a way it's a nod to older gen poke-fans (making their favorite Pokemon more recent or relevant again) while Gamefreak still makes their usual new critters and stuff. Making older mons relevant again is always good.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>