Alliance's Sig Tourney: Discussion Thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Alliance
My Sig tourney will be beginning very shortly. This will be a bracket style tournement. If you plan to enter, please make it known in this thread. Providing enought interest...We'll start come October.

This tournement will require you to make one entry per week until you lose a match. If you do not plan to be able to meet thesee requirements, please, do not enter for the sake of members who want to compete.

Entries may require you to extend beyond the standard requirements for a sig (using stock images, larger sizes, etc). Standard restricitons (animation/transparency/etc.) will never be a requirement.

I may also be interested in help from judges.

Hope to see you in the tourney.

Alliance
By "entry thread"...I mean Sign-Up.

Maybe Lana can change that for me love

Lana
Edited, genius stick out tongue

Alliance
Meh.

Thanks smile

Broken Darkness
I'd definitely be interested in this, sounds fun.

BakaXero
can i be a dummy entrant?

Alliance
As long as you're serious about competing, yes.

BakaXero
Originally posted by Alliance
As long as you're serious about competing, yes.
And here i thought i could be the lure to get competitors in no expression

Gannon
I may either enter or be a possible judge.

I haven't made a sig in forever so i may just be a judge.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Gannon
I may either enter or be a possible judge.

I haven't made a sig in forever so i may just be a judge.

...which was my first thought too. I's all like "I'll judge", then Alliance was all "Nah, but thanks". I think a lot of us are in the same boat.

So I'm definitely undecided, and I'll act like a wimp until I enter at the last moment. Maybe.

Unless I don't, of course.

awesome

Originally posted by BakaXero
i could be the lure

I'd bite it.

no expression

Thorrin
I'll enter. tip-hat

Alliance
Here's my comments on judging. There are many qualified judges on this board. I'd rather have people enter the competition to make it as large as possible.

I will judge most rounds by myself. The last rounds will be judged by either three or five judges, myself included, and likely the runner-ups.

Thats a temporary plan.

Vinny Valentine
I'm interested in judging if possible, instead of competing this tournament around.

Alliance
Ok. I'm too tired to make coherent statements.

I'm not recruiting any permenant judges.

Lana
Yay incoherency.

I might enter. I don't know. I haven't actually been making sigs lately so I'm way out of practice. Unless I did stock ones, in which I'd wipe the floor with all of you stick out tongue

I'm just still reminded of me against Barker in the first tournament we did...

Barker
Lol, be all starting the thread with a little more than a week to spare.

Thorrin
Say that is lol worthy. LOL

Alliance
Well then , for all you out of practice folks, you'll be competing against other out of practice folks and it'll be a great way to get back into the competition.

SpartanII
ill do it. animation may be a problem for me.

TOH
Originally posted by SpartanII
ill do it. animation may be a problem for me.

Originally posted by Alliance
Standard restricitons (animation/transparency/etc.) will never be a requirement.

Tattoo
Count me in, might help me break out of this rusty streak I'm in.

Da Pittman
think

Lana
Originally posted by Tattoo
Count me in, might help me break out of this rusty streak I'm in.

Yeah, you know what, I'll go for it as well. Can't hurt.

Tattoo
Originally posted by Lana
Yeah, you know what, I'll go for it as well. Can't hurt.

I doubt mine will be that good, but it's for fun.

Barker
I'm in.

But enough about last night. Oooooh, I'm terrible.

Alliance
Excellent Tatoo and Lana big grin

Gannon
I'll do it. I need to get back into gfx.

b|anka
Sign me up plz

DigiMark007
Lana and Ken generally equal a critical mass for these things. Interest shouldn't be hard to generate now.

I'm still undecided btw. And are you making a limit to the entrants Alliance?

TOH
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Lana and Ken generally equal a critical mass for these things. Interest shouldn't be hard to generate now.

I'm still undecided btw. And are you making a limit to the entrants Alliance?

Let me help ya! happy *kicks Digi into the Tourney* sfx:"Boot!" THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Alliance
There is no limit for the # of contestants who may enter.

Current List:

1 Broken Darkness
2 Thorrin
3 SpartanII
4 Tattoo
5 Lana
6 Barker
7 Gannon
8 b|anka

Barker
What if a MILLION people [email protected][email protected]!!

Thorrin
Thats a lot of judging.

Barker
~haermmione~

Gannon
Man i hope everyone participating makes sigs and on time.

Wasn't it last tourney that a bunch of people didn't show?

Alliance
Yes it was.

I have designed a system to make the tournemant managable, no matter how many initial entrants we have.

Also, if someone drops out, I'll re-open the spot to a deserving competitor. First, the last person the dropout defeated will be offered the spot (as if they had actually lost thier previous duel). If they don't want to continue, someone who I deem to be the "best" competitor to be defeated at that point.

Dropouts, however, will be publically humiliated and flogged. I've made the requirements very clear and every competition wil be one week in length.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by TOH
Let me help ya! happy *kicks Digi into the Tourney* sfx:"Boot!" THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Why are mod names crossed out under your sig? Are they dead?

:scared:

Originally posted by Gannon
Man i hope everyone participating makes sigs and on time.

Wasn't it last tourney that a bunch of people didn't show?

Yeah, but only one of them is Barker this time.

no expression

Barker
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah, but only one of them is Barker this time.

no expression
I resemble that remark. .wan

TOH
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Why are mod names crossed out under your sig? Are they dead?

:scared:


Ask REX. no expression

Well-then
I'm in.

BakaXero
Originally posted by Alliance
There is no limit for the # of contestants who may enter.

Current List:

1 Broken Darkness
2 Thorrin
3 SpartanII
4 Tattoo
5 Lana
6 Barker
7 Gannon
8 b|anka
You can add me to that list if TOH is on it no expression srug

TOH
You can count me in, Alliance.

Originally posted by BakaXero
You can add me to that list if TOH is on it no expression srug


Updating:

1 Broken Darkness
2 Thorrin
3 SpartanII
4 Tattoo
5 Lana
6 Barker
7 Gannon
8 b|anka
9 TOH
10 BakaXero

Ok, you have no excuse now. no expression

Röland
I would like to participate.

Well-then
I want to join too..

Alliance

BakaXero

DigiMark007
Originally posted by TOH
Ok, you have no excuse now. no expression

I'm doing my hair that day.

no expression

TOH

DigiMark007
Originally posted by TOH
Customizing your wig again? haermm

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2642/24fz1.th.jpg

31

boobsmagee
You people are monsters

BakaXero
Originally posted by boobsmagee
You people are monsters
Pocket monsters?

Alliance
RECRUIT!

Da Pittman
Well I think I will give it a go pitt_ninja

Barker
Originally posted by DigiMark007
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2642/24fz1.th.jpg

31
smile.. big grin...

haermm

Skeets
awesome

Alliance
enter haermm

Barker
Originally posted by Alliance
enter haermm
Something about the text in your sig makes me want to punch myself in the jimmy. ermmnone haermm

Alliance
You has a jimmy?

TOH
We're going to need another TJimmy! haermm

Gannon
I think my jimmy just ran out the door.

Alliance
OMG

Piggle Humsy
I want to judge.. srug

Alliance
no smile

Piggle Humsy
Then I am boycotting this tourney!! disgustfist

stick out tongue

Ok If you get stuck and need help with it you know where I am tip-hat

Good luck to all the entrants happy

Bardock42
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I want to judge.. srug It's okay...I will judge. I can handle such a situation....I read a book about it once.


Am I sure it was a book? Am I sure it wasn't....nothing?


Oh, yeah.

Gannon
1 Broken Darkness
2 Thorrin
3 SpartanII
4 Tattoo
5 Lana
6 Barker
7 Gannon
8 b|anka
9 Well-then
10 TOH
11 BakaXero
12 Röland
13 Da Pittman

Barker
1 Barker
2 Thorrin
3 SpartanII
4 Tattoo
5 Lana
6 Broken Darkness
7 Gannon
8 b|anka
9 Well-then
10 TOH
11 BakaXero
12 Roland
13 Da Pittman

kthx

Thorrin
I hope it's me and you in the beginning, so I can win with style.



Or lose. 13

Da Pittman
I'm lucky 13 pitt_victory

BakaXero
i wish to be seeded if we're on uneven numbers shifty

Röland
I hope I face off against Barker, it guarantees me a win since he'll be a no show. haermm

DigiMark007
I don't think it's going to be head-to-head guys....which will avoid no-shows. I think it's more: "Everyone make a signature, and {x} out of 13 will make it to round 2". No-shows will simply be weeded out through this process.

Skeets
Joins awesome

Alliance

Skeets
Change my name to Mr.Biscuits...stoned

BakaXero
Eww!

Gannon
2 more.

Cmon guys step it up. awesome

Alliance
AT LEAST! two more smile

boobsmagee
i can try i guess, i forgot what i posted here earlier
and dont feal like checking

something tells me im going out first round :/

Alliance

Broken Darkness
Hate to say this Alliance, but I think I'm going to have to back out on this one. No I'm not chickening out.

But my husband and I are moving, and I can't afford the net there, at least at first. So I'll be without it for a time, I don't know how long. So I think it's best if I notify you now, instead of later, that I probably won't be able to do this.

Barker

Alliance
Ok. Poll time.

1. We can start the tourney Sunday and 6 of you will be eliminated in the first round to get the the elite 8 (bracketed combat from there).

2. We can wait until we have 16 enrollees.

Röland
I'd like to see if we could get 16.

TOH
1

Gannon
I say we start sunday.

Barker
Anyone else WTFing over the render?

Tattoo
Originally posted by Barker
Anyone else WTFing over the render?

*raises hand*

I have no idea what to do with it.

Gannon
I am also. I have an idea but the style of the squid doesn't fit.

TOH
Originally posted by Kenshiro Yuki
O_O TOH is as amazingly scary awesome as ever...


Shhh..... I'm really not here....
Thanks. smile

DigiMark007
*joins*

confused

Ah, missed it. Been off the grid for a few days because I finally have a real job now. But good luck to everyone.

Lana
Originally posted by Tattoo
*raises hand*

I have no idea what to do with it.

Ditto.

Alliance
laughing out loud

Mr.Biscuits
I'm gonna enter mine in a few...

The render is...argh! vegetajv2

Tattoo
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
I'm gonna enter mine in a few...

The render is...argh! vegetajv2

Icky name change is icky.

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by Tattoo
Icky name change is icky.
You'll change yours somewhere in 08...Fact.

Thorrin
I like your entry Biscuit head.

Da Pittman
*raises hand*

Spoon stick out tongue

Alliance
What is there is no?

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Alliance
What is there is no? Spoon? confused

Lana
Free your mind matrix

Thorrin
I prefer hp *AVADA KEDAVRA*

Alliance
Thats a nice easy way to free it.

Lana
Accio brain...



Teehee, my posts in here are never 'permanently posted' doped

Alliance
Originally posted by Lana
doped

dd

That sig is so not you.

And all witchcraft and wizadry is henceforth banned from Sigwarts.

TOH
Originally posted by Thorrin
I prefer hp *AVADA KEDAVRA*
I prefer LSD haermm

Lana
Originally posted by Alliance

That sig is so not you.


Nope it isn't happy

BakaXero
Attention all concerning members who care.
Baka has been a bit out of it lately and is still mentally recovering, please sit back and be patient as we try to bring you back to your usual program as soon as possible. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

*BEEP!*

Mr.Biscuits
*Doesn't care*

TOH
Originally posted by BakaXero
Attention all concerning members who care.
Baka has been a bit out of it lately and is still mentally recovering, please sit back and be patient as we try to bring you back to your usual program as soon as possible. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

*BEEP!*

make your damn entry no expression

Lana
Originally posted by TOH
make your damn entry no expression

You bastard...laughing out loud

TOH
Originally posted by Lana
You bastard...laughing out loud
Love U 2 Alana... happy

Thorrin
Should have put Pedobear in there.

Well-then
Darn, i don't have time to make mine.. Good luck to you all smile

Alliance
Good thing you're not actually in a bracket then.

boobsmagee
Omg ive been unexpectedly kinda busy forgot about this :/

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by boobsmagee
Omg ive been unexpectedly kinda busy forgot about this :/

Get onto it then stick out tongue

Alliance, suggestion: Add the final list of entrants in the Round 1 title post.
Just so people can easily see who to expect entries from.

and it might stop noob idiots who don't pay attention from adding entries when they haven't signed up smile

BakaXero
I'm a noob no expression

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by BakaXero
I'm a noob no expression

Yeah but we forgive you for it petpet

Alliance
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Alliance, suggestion: Add the final list of entrants in the Round 1 title post.
Just so people can easily see who to expect entries from.

and it might stop noob idiots who don't pay attention from adding entries when they haven't signed up smile

I would, but I'm not a mod.

As far as other people joining, I'm not opposed to it. Worst case scenario is that we have a full tournament. However, I assure everyone that those who signed up will make it in before any noob who walks in and randomly submits an entry.

Da Pittman
Noob FTW stick out tongue

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Alliance
I would, but I'm not a mod.

Yeah if only there was some wonderful, talented mod around here who could do it for us.. hmm

*cough* Do it please Lana *cough*

Originally posted by Alliance
As far as other people joining, I'm not opposed to it. Worst case scenario is that we have a full tournament. However, I assure everyone that those who signed up will make it in before any noob who walks in and randomly submits an entry.

Oh okay smile

Tattoo
Gonna start on mine tonight I think...

Lana
Sure, I'll add the list into the first post.

...

Who's in it right now?

Tattoo
Originally posted by boobsmagee
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/xxalhazred/kmc.jpg

should meet requirements
meh doesnt look as good now

File size is too large...

boobsmagee
wow ya i just hit properties, in ps it kept altering between the two ill repost it tomorrow

Lana
You can't.

Tattoo
Originally posted by boobsmagee
wow ya i just hit properties, in ps it kept altering between the two ill repost it tomorrow

no2

Mr.Biscuits
EcoughdityocoughurPhocoughtobucoughket...

Tattoo
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
EcoughdityocoughurPhocoughtobucoughket...

And that would be cheating...

Mr.Biscuits
srug

Tattoo
Took me long enough, but I finally came up with something to post for the contest.

Thorrin
I think it looks good.

boobsmagee
Originally posted by Lana
You can't.


Ya i realized after i said that
thats why i havnt posted since
:/

this was lame

Tattoo
Originally posted by Thorrin
I think it looks good.

Thanks. w00t

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Lana
Sure, I'll add the list into the first post.

...

Who's in it right now?

Umm... confused

*waits for someone else in the know to put up a final list*

Alliance

Alliance
Another option:

instead of doing a straight bracket from 8>4>2>1, we could do three conferences 12>6>3>three way for the win.

Options?

Gannon
Meaning have a series of rounds including all contestants, narrowing it down as we go?

Btw entry posted.

TOH
I vote for the KMC Thunderdome. Two sigmakers enter. One sigmaker leaves raver

bamboopanda
laughing

BakaXero
looks like i may need to forfiet

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by BakaXero
looks like i may need to forfiet

Just stop being lazy and make a sig no expression

Alliance
Results are posted. More info in the post.

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Just stop being lazy and make a sig no expression
Originally posted by TOH


Too late? bakasrug

Wasn't when I posted it.. he's lacks commitment mhm

I managed to make a sig with the render and I didn't even enter haermm

TOH
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Wasn't when I posted it.. he's lacks commitment mhm

I managed to make a sig with the render and I didn't even enter haermm

Thats more than Barker did last 2 tourneys haermm

Piggle Humsy
Filthy Slackers! haermm

Barker
I could have sworn the deadline was tonight.. srug That damn 17.00 threw me off. haermm

Oh well, I was busy as hell yesterday. And we all knew I was going to put it off till the last hour or not do it at all. haermm

Alliance
Hey Lana, can you change this thread title to "Alliance's Sig Tourney: Discussion Thread."

*heart*

TOH
Originally posted by Barker
I could have sworn the deadline was tonight.. srug That damn 17.00 threw me off. haermm
.... haermm
yeah, Earth's rotations fault haermm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>