Faith for the Lost...but in the Wrong Places

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
Now admittedly I've never been in such dire situations myself but I've heard many instances of people, usually teenagers, who run away from home and find "faith" - but faith in some tiny weird church run by lunatics.

Now I'm not judging them. I just don't understand why you would leave your life to be with a group of weird strangers must people see as a nut? If your life is so unbearable, I can see why you'd leave it. But why would you seek out these weird little cults and not organized religion?

Shakyamunison
Who are you talking too/about?

What weird little cult?

DigiMark007
Well, um, something's messed up with their lives and if they're running away chances are they don't have the intellectual capabilities to see the flaws in the weirdos.

Shin_Nikkolas
How does running away from home make you stupid?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas

It all depends.

DigiMark007

It doesn't. But they're likely young and scared...a vulnerable combo.

debbiejo
Now admittedly I've never been in such dire situations myself but I've heard many instances of people, usually teenagers, who run away from home and find "faith" - but faith in some tiny weird church run by lunatics.

Now I'm not judging them. I just don't understand why you would leave your life to be with a group of weird strangers must people see as a nut? If your life is so unbearable, I can see why you'd leave it. But why would you seek out these weird little cults and not organized religion? Because they show them unconditional love. Then........POW, they're sucked in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.