Delaware university shootings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sadako of Girth
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/09/21/delaware.shooting/

(CNN) -- Police in Dover searched a locked down campus Friday for a man suspected in the shooting of two Delaware State University students, the school said.

A male student who was shot is in stable condition, the university said in a statement, and a female student's condition is "considered serious."

"I think he's out of danger," university spokesman Carlos Holmes told reporters Friday. "I can't say the same thing for the female student."

No one is being allowed in or out of campus dormitories while university and city police pursue the suspect, the school statement said. The school houses about 1,700 students.

The on-campus shooting occurred at about 1 a.m. ET, near Memorial Hall, said the school, which has canceled classes for Friday.

"Until the suspect is apprehended, students, faculty and staff are being directed to remain in their buildings until further notice," the university said.

Immediately after the shooting, Holmes said, the university posted "timely warning notifications" in residential halls, on Web sites and on campus phone messages.

botankus
The subject title is misleading. I thought it was Delaware, not Delaware State. The reason I say this is I've been to Delaware University before, home of the Hens.

I'd also like to recommend that the mods just create links to CNN's website to save everyone the trouble of creating a new thread every time a crime is committed in this world.

Sadako of Girth
Sorry bout the title. Can no longer edit.

Well the way the news is reporting it over here, its not being treated as regular old news. Its quite intensive. Thats why I posted.
Its not exactly like I have a habit of posting threads.
Awwww bollocks.

Request thread closure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.