Mega Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Mega Man will blast a hole in you, use your face for toilet paper, and then take your powers, too! I've been playing these games since I was 8 years old and still love them as much as ever.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/megaman.jpg

Mega Man, known as Rockman in Japan, is a video game character created by Keiji Inafune and is the title character of what has been referred to as the "Classic" Mega Man series developed by Capcom since 1987. Since then, he has become one of the company's primary original characters and continues to be one of the video game industry's most recognizable icons. Having appeared on nearly every gaming console and handheld system since the Nintendo Entertainment System, Mega Man has always had a wide gaming audience, and his games continue to evolve with the ever-changing hardware demands of modern gaming systems. Mega Man's fiction universe can be divded into seven categories, each featuring different variations and incarnations of the same robotic boy hero, Although Mega Man or Rock Man is usually the name used to describe solely the original Mega Man from the classic series, it can also be used less specifically to describe Mega Man (Series)of fictional works, or the group of adherently named main characters within.

Several spin-off series have emerged over the past few years, each one continuing the Mega Man mythos in some unique way, including but not limited to the Mega Man X, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Battle Network and Mega Man Star Force series. A resulting animated series was also produced originally in the United States, as well as a number of toys, comics, and collectibles available both in and outside of Japan.

Mega Man's role in the original story aka the classic series, was to battle the forces of the mad scientist Dr. Wily and his ever-growing army of robots, and must stop them from taking over the planet by using their own special abilities against them. Utilizing his special Mega Buster arm cannon, and his ability to copy a defeated robot's coding, Mega Man must travel the world and traverse harsh environments in order to bring Wily's menace to an end. With the help of his good-hearted creator Dr. Light and his assorted robotic companions, Mega Man's eventual goal is to one day achieve "everlasting peace".

Mega Man's original Japanese name, "Rockman", is a reference to the music genre rock and roll, and is meant to work in tandem with his "sister" robot, Roll. Such music-themed naming conventions are present in a number of Keiji Inafune's other character designs, such as Blues. In addition, the original Mega Man titles intentionally incorporated a "Rock, Paper, Scissors" game play mechanic into defeating certain enemies. His name was changed to "Mega Man" for the U.S. release because the word "Rock" was a slang for crack cocaine, which was prevalent at that time. In parts of the English speaking world, some people call Mega Man "The Blue Bomber" because of his blue armor and powerful fighting skills.

shin_gear
Mega Man would WTFpwn Samus Aran. 313

Impediment
Yes, he would. Then he'd slip her a Rohypnol. naughty

shin_gear
Really? Well, I'm not so sure of that. I personally think he'd prevail over Samus though.

Impediment
My favorite Mega Man game is still part 2. I can beat all 8 stages, not including Dr. Wiley's lair, in under 20 minutes.

shin_gear
Sweet dude. I love classic Capcom games by the way.

Impediment
One of my favorite stages: Woodman

xgIaFz-tFTc

ESB -1138
Originally posted by shin_gear
Mega Man would WTFpwn Samus Aran. 313

Depends on what Megaman we are talking about. I doubt Rock can defeat Samus but X would win.

Impediment
I dunno. Rock can hold his own, if you ask me. X, of course, has the edge, though.

Sonic x 20
I have mad respect for the classic Blue Bomber. cool cool

Sado-sama
Mega Man WOULD WTFpwn Samus Aran, dewds. 313

Neo Darkhalen
Megaman classic is the best, I have all of the old MM games up to 7, they where such great games, with great music, I even made a respect Dr.Wily thread, thats how much I like the Classic MM.

Sonic x 20
Here's another really cool pic of the Blue Bomber: cool cool

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3303/megamanissuperawesomeuo8.jpg

Neo Darkhalen
cool.

espiemerl
cool yes cool

Neo Darkhalen
Go Megaman, fight for ever lasting peace.

Sonic x 20
Here's another really cool pic of Mega Man along with mostly the whole original cast along with him too: cool cool

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1594/megamanforeverzy0.jpg

Neo Darkhalen
Are all 68 robot masters on there.

Sonic x 20
I'm not sure if all of them are on it, it might be all the ones from Megaman 1 to Megaman 6 I think.

Neo Darkhalen
I think you are correct.

Sonic x 20
Yeah man, because I don't see Bass in the pic and ones like him and Cloudman are in Megaman 7.

Neo Darkhalen
Very true, I can't belive I know how many RM exsist.

Sonic x 20
Mega Man surely defeated alot of them on his own and gained new abilities on the way too. cool cool

Neo Darkhalen
There are only 3 he has beat and never gained ability's from.

Protoman
Bass
Darkman

Sonic x 20
Yeah man, Protoman and bass are mostly on Mega Man's side, so he won't be able to capture their abilities.

Neo Darkhalen
Well Breakman (Protoman) Is a villain in Megaman 3 as well as the Megaman remake, and Bass is a villain in Megaman 7; 8.

Sonic x 20
Yeah man, it's kind of like a neutral thing like Mega Man sometimes fights them, then they sometimes work together.

Burning thought
simple names though aint they, their all mostly "man" at the end of them, cloudman, megaman, protoman, darkman etc etc etc dont you guys think its a little odd, plain and boring?

Neo Darkhalen
nope I mean come on, Napalmman, Sparkman, Gutsman, Cutman, 8 got ridiculous, Tengu and sword man? what the............. and Clown man what in hell possessed him to make clown man...... I even made my own Robot masters I would like a remake of MM2, like Megaman Powered up but with 9 Robot Masters.

Sonic x 20
Robots like Bass were the main ones that didn't have "man" right after their name.

Neo Darkhalen
Protoman, is even more of a main RM, would you class MM. as an RM.

Sonic x 20
Mega Man might can be classified as a Robot Master, but like one of the main ones though along with Protoman and Bass.

Neo Darkhalen
I thought he was, when he was upraded.

Sonic x 20
He might be, Mega Man is mostly like on another level than a normal Robot Master.

Neo Darkhalen
Wily seems to be a Robot Master, no matter how many times he gets blown up, crushed, trapped by flames, Wilyman.

Sonic x 20
I'm sure Mega Man might be wondering if there is a way to stop Wily fully because he just keeps coming back for more.

Neo Darkhalen
He was about to kill him in 7, then he would only come back, bowing his head forever more.

Sonic x 20
Here is another even more cooler Mega Man artwork pic of him and the cast: cool cool

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1854/megamanforever2kt4.jpg

Neo Darkhalen
Darkman is the only one who does not appear.

Sonic x 20
Yeah man, I notice that as well, but it's still a great pic. Man, that's alot of Robot Masters that Mega Man defeated, lol.

Neo Darkhalen
The Yellow Devil, good stuff.

Sado-sama
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Depends on what Megaman we are talking about. I doubt Rock can defeat Samus but X would win. Rock kills any Nintendo character in one move.

Neo Darkhalen

Sonic x 20
How many RM did Mega Man defeat? Was it just all the ones that Dr.Wily made because Mega Man and Bass one time had to team up with each other?

Neo Darkhalen
Well the first MM had 6/8 if you take the remake into account, were all made by Dr. Light, MM 2-3 were Dr. Wily's. MM 4 RM's were made by Dr. Cossack, MM5 were again made by Dr. Wily, MM6 were made by different countries since it was a battle tournament, MM7/8 are Wilys own.

Sonic x 20
Yeah, so it was like all-around with all three of the scientists. Here's an artwork pic of Mega Man and Sonic: cool cool

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2506/megamanandsonicforeverrf7.jpg

Neo Darkhalen
Megaman looks so awkward.

Sonic x 20
Just to make sure, is Mega Man kind of balanced in both power and speed or does he have more advantage in one of them than the other?

Neo Darkhalen
Well he can dash, but many robot masters are stronger, and faster, the only reason he wins is because he is tactical, and uses other RM weapons, were as the RM use just their weapons.

Sonic x 20
Yeah, so that makes him far more superior to the Robot Masters except for ones lik Protoman and Bass because they can use other weapons too like MegaMan can.

Neo Darkhalen
Protoman in megaman powered up owns everyone.

Impediment
The best MM boss, IMO, is Crash Man from MM2, which, by the way, is the single greatest Mega Man game ever,

Neo Darkhalen
I say Powered up is the single best MM game, then it's MM 2, MM3, MM, MM 7.

they are the best Megaman games, best RM of all time, well it is between.

Elecman
Gutsman
Cutman
Fireman
Metalman
Heatman
Quickman
Crashman
Needleman
Magnetman
Sparkman
Snakeman
Shademan
Freezeman

Impediment
Metal Man's stage had great music, if you ask me.

QccrStJeqEc

Neo Darkhalen
Oh you bet MM 1, 2, 3, 7, have great no fantastic music, to there games.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Rock kills any Nintendo character in one move.

Rock? No...Samus is more then a match for Rock. X on the other hand.

Neo Darkhalen
Protoman, you need something else to beat him.

Impediment
Rock owns Bass & Treble, as well as X and Protoman.

Neo Darkhalen
Protoman owns rock.

Impediment
Nah-uh. no2

Neo Darkhalen
In Megaman Powered up he does.

I-Drop
Now I've got your power! Best part @2:33Bw5i-1COGLE

Yoshi Paradise
I haven't seen that cartoon in a long time. I used to always watch it whenever it was on television.

Anyway, Megaman was one of my favorite characters to use in "Marvel vs Capcom" and "Marvel vs Capcom 2".

I-Drop
He was easy to use, but his voice pissed me off. I was expecting him to sound like he did on the cartoon.

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, he had a good arsenal of projectiles.

His voice didn't bother me, but it would've been better if it was slightly deeper.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by I-Drop
He was easy to use, but his voice pissed me off. I was expecting him to sound like he did on the cartoon.

Did he have Megaman 8's Voice?

killermover
Respect for the Blue Bomber, because his games are so freakin hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Did he have Megaman 8's Voice? No. His voice actor was Cole Howard and he had a distinctive pre-teen (but not girly) voice. It worked well for me, since Mega Man's personality is that of a ten year old.

I mostly respect Mega Man because he can lift ludicrous amounts of weight (lifted part of Dr. Wily's collapsing fortress in MM5), lay out building-tall robots with a punch, withstand extreme temperatures and weapons fire, and plow through armored tanks with a single charge shot.

Here's a pic of Rock and the gang.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=243&fullsize=1

Man of...
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
I haven't seen that cartoon in a long time. I used to always watch it whenever it was on television.

Anyway, Megaman was one of my favorite characters to use in "Marvel vs Capcom" and "Marvel vs Capcom 2". He was 1 of my favs too. You gotta love that 1 button Buster Shot it's so cheap and there is even a glitch to shoot 2 at once..

I just wanna know why the hell is Capcom makin' all the Megamans for the DS. I ain't played a new Megaman game in so long cuz of that.

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, he's the perfect character for people who like to spam projectiles. I think I did that glitch before.

Well, you can still play the Megaman games on the other systems.

Man of...
Yeah, he's the perfect character for people who like to spam projectiles. I think I did that glitch before.

Well, you can still play the Megaman games on the other systems. LOL, in the 1st MVC he could do the Magnetic Shockwave after beatin' the boss And I am sick and tired of playin' the old MM games. Sick of it, the're not even hard anymore.

Yoshi Paradise
The magnetic shockwave was pretty useful.

Well, did you ever think that instead of the Megaman games not being hard anymore, you're just getting better at them?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Man of...
LOL, in the 1st MVC he could do the Magnetic Shockwave after beatin' the boss And I am sick and tired of playin' the old MM games. Sick of it, the're not even hard anymore. Have you played Mega Man 9? Its available on the next gen systems via download. I can't play it, sad but I'm told it is quite a challenge.

Man of...

Well, did you ever think that instead of the Megaman games not being hard anymore, you're just getting better at them? That's what I mean, Mega Man games are like the hardest yet I've played'im so much that they've become a walk in the park.Originally posted by Acrosurge
Have you played Mega Man 9? Its available on the next gen systems via download. I can't play it, sad but I'm told it is quite a challenge. I'm gonna get a 360 next week and that's gonna be one of the 1st games a I download...if I can.

Acrosurge
I'm gonna get a 360 next week and that's gonna be one of the 1st games a I download...if I can. Sweet. Give Wily a buster blast from me.

Yoshi Paradise
That's what I mean, Mega Man games are like the hardest yet I've played'im so much that they've become a walk in the park.

If you want a challenge, you should play some of the Battletoads games.

Man of...
I only want a challenge in a game wit MM in it.

Acrosurge
I was watching scenes from Rockman Superadventure. I gotta give major props to Mega Man's Mega Buster. In the NES, SNES, PS, and PSP games, it may seem like a pea shooter, but there's a LOT of power packed into those little plasma spheres.

In Rockman Superadventure's many animated cutscenes, Rock consistently blows through walls and large boulders. He does this with single, uncharged blasts. This correlates with the cutscene from MM8, in which Rock busts Gutsman's boulder with a blast. It also matches up MM4 and 5, in which he can vaporize boulders close to the diameter of his body (4' 4"wink with one blast.

Those little "peas" are consistently shown to be boulder-busters!

Acrosurge
It's also interesting to note that though Rock is only 4' 4", he weighs an astonishing 230 lbs! Despite this, he can move and react with superhuman speed and agility.

Bro SMASH
Ah, Megaman, the missing Smash Brother.

Bro SMASH
And it looks like he's been found:

aX2KNyaoNV4&feature=player_embedded

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
And it looks like he's been found:

aX2KNyaoNV4&feature=player_embedded

Accurate.

NemeBro
Donkey Kong would easily kill Megaman actually.

Bro SMASH
...Sure... whatever...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.