Treasure Planet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pippy
Did any of you guys see the trailer to this movie? I totally forgot that I saw in when I went to see Spirited Away. I was pretty impressed with the animation for the movie. I have a soft spot for good Disney animation. I think this will be pretty good. Thoughts?

Julie
I think that I will see it...though i don't know if I shall make the effort to see it in the Theaters....I hadn't made the connection with the title that the movie was a remake of sorts from Treasure Island. It looks entertaining though and I do hope to see it once anyway

LanceWindu
I hate those movies Disney movies that mix CGI with regular cartoons.

It just doesn't look right.

Either do it all CGI or do it all with regular cartoonists.

BackFire349
the current time is 3:00pm

LanceWindu
What's that have to do with anything?

ToMacco
I agree with Lance. It's not even cartoons anymore. They do it all on computers.

And Disney movies are a bunch of music videos strung together.

LanceWindu
lol

Yup.

I can go without musical's.

ToMacco
Bring me the old Disney movies: Pinochio, Robin Hood, Snow White.

LanceWindu
Sure those had music, but they are still classics.

pippy
I think you'll think differently when you see the trailer. It reminded me a lot of the kind of animation I saw in Beauty in the Beast. Do you guys ever check out the official websites for movies? I never checked them out till I heard about the Red Dragon site, which I highly recommend looking at. Now I look at them all. The Treasure Planet site is really cool too.

Julie
I haven't checked it out....perhaps one day I will...but I',m really only avioding the massive amounts of homework sitting on the end of my desk

LanceWindu
I have seen the trailer, looks very stupid.

And Beauty & The Beast had a good story, but they should have stayed strictly to cartoon animation, not a mix.

BackFire349
beauty and the beast is great.

LanceWindu
I never said it wasn't.

I'm just pointing out the fact that the two mixed animations look weird. One minute everything is 3-D then the next it's all flat again.

pippy
Wow Lance - I thought Disney did a great job doing the animation for Beauty and the Beast. The ballroom scene was breathtaking. TP looks as if it's very story driven with the art to go behind it.

Tex
I find those old Classic Disney films extremely disturbing.
Satan is in the animation.

Julie
huh... classic disney is ok

pippy
Tex- judging from the image you selected for your signature box...I'm sort of confused. smile

OOoh..and I just found out that John Rzeznik is doing a song for the movie. I caught the video on VH1. He's so cute!

MickeyMouse
I love Treasure Planet. It's one of my favoret movies. I hope Disney makes a sequel to it or makes a TV shout of it.

Augeybana
It didn't make too much money did it it cost alot to didn't it.

GooGooGurl
Treasure Planet is my absolute favorite Disney movie!!!

Mandorallen
damn this thread is old, But it needs to be moved now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.