Respect Zack Fair

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
Respect the true 1rst Class Soldier that inspired Cloud's badass attitude in the beginning of FFVII.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/CC-Zack-Render.png

Zack was born in the town of Gongaga, where he spent his early years until he joined Shinra's militant forces at the possible age of 14, and placed under the wing of Angeal Hewley for the next four years to become a member of SOLDIER.

After the Wutai War was resolved, Zack, along with his mentor Angeal and Sephiroth (who at the time was considered a hero) were sent to Wutai to learn what had become of the SOLDIERs under Genesis. They learned that he had turned his back on Shinra, and had to be stopped at all costs. Throughout the game Zack conducts various missions as a member of SOLDIER. In the game his early relationships with many recurring characters such as Cloud, Sephiroth, Tseng, and Aerith are shown. Crisis Core also reveals how Cloud and Zack became best friends, and how Zack met and developed a relationship with Aerith. After the Genesis mission, Zack inherited the Buster Sword originally belonging to Angeal, and was soon assigned to Nibelheim with Sephiroth to investigate the nearby Mako reactor. They were accompanied by two Shinra troops; one of them whom happened to be Zack's friend, Cloud Strife. Upon investigating the reactor and returning to town, Sephiroth visited the nearby Shinra Mansion and discovered documents that he misinterpreted, and led him to believe he was the son of Jenova, whom he thought was one of the Ancients. The information drove Sephiroth insane, resulting in his destroying the town of Nibelheim and nearly all of its inhabitants. Following Tifa to the Nibelheim reactor and finding her injured inside of it, Zack eventually confronts Sephiroth in a duel, but Sephiroth defeats him easily. Sephiroth then heads into the deepest part of the reactor, towards a stasis tank that contains the one he calls "Mother", Jenova. Suddenly, Cloud appears from behind Sephiroth with the Buster Sword, and stabs him. Cloud then heads back to check on Tifa, when Sephiroth emerges from the inner reactor, carrying Jenova's severed head. Cloud and Sephiroth then battle again, the end of the fight leaving Sephiroth falling to his apparent death in a pit of mako, with Cloud and Zack severely wounded. After being heavily experimented on, Zack reclaims Cloud and they attempt to escape. Cloud, until the very end of the game, has become catatonic. When they finally approach the Wastelands, Zack is killed by Shinra Troops and the Turks. Zack gives Cloud his Buster Sword before he dies, and Cloud, by himself, walks to the direction of Midgar

---
Last Order:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/ZackandCloudLastOrder.jpg

Zack carries a catatonic Cloud while fending off waves after waves of Shinra guards. He comments several times that an average soldier is no match for him. At one time we see Zack completely wipe out a squad of soldiers with his barehands. These soldiers were fully armed, and after they witnessed Zack's strength they realized the power of a 1st Class SOLDIER. Zack shows his devotion towards his friend Cloud. He also fights Sephiroth during the Nibelheim incident. At first Zack hesitates to kill Sephiroth, even when he had the buster sword inches away from Sephiroth's neck. Unfortunately Zack couldn't do it and was later force to defend himself against an out of control Sephiroth. Zack shows us he was the owner of the Blade Beam(one of Cloud's limit breaks later seen in FFVII) After the events of the Nibelheim Mako reactor Zack & Cloud are heavily experimented on. Zack shows no signs of trouble, probably because of his 1st Class SOLDIER training(SOLDIER were already infused with Mako & Jenova cells--although not to the extent Cloud & Zack had gone through) under the supervision of Professor Hojo. Eventually, Zack broke out and literally drags Cloud with him during their escape. Zack gives Cloud some of his clothes and gets them transport to Midgar. During this time, Cloud is weak, groggy and somewhat delirious, as he had reacted more strongly to the experiments than Zack did, though he was unknowningly driven by the Reunion. However, Zack talks continuously to the unresponsive Cloud about his life and his plans to become a mercenary in Midgar and get rich. When they finally arrive outside of Midgar, the Shinra security force that have been searching for them finally catch up. They try to detain the escaped prisoners, but Zack fights back to defend both Cloud and himself. The Shinra troops caught up with Zack and Cloud later, and Zack was shot by shinra snipers. The troops left Cloud for dead after seeing his vegetative state. However, Cloud manages to recover. The combined weight of all this trauma finally makes him snap, and he adopts Zack's persona, combining it with his own (this was also somewhat brought about by the Jenova cells in him). He believes that he was successful in joining SOLDIER, and that he fulfilled Zack's role in the fateful mission to Nibelheim. Cloud took Zack's Buster Sword and continues on to Midgar. Upon his arrival, Cloud seeks work as a mercenary, just as Zack said he intended to do, eventually taking a couple missions for the Shinra resistance group, AVALANCHE

0zAQQ2kHsG4
---

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/Crisiscore2.jpg
Crisis Core TGS trailer translated

PwVf7DAPIBs

Oh...Looks like Zack will take on Bahamut as well 131

Sol Valentine
Respek Zack!

Superboy Prime
Amazing Crisis Core artwork
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/07/Crisiscoreartwork.PNG
From left to right they are: Genesis(Ex-SOLDIER gone MIA in Wutai), Angeal(SOLDIER 1st Class and mentor of Zack), Zack(1st Class SOLDIER & Cloud's friend), Sephiroth(legendary SOLDIER), Tseng(Turks member) & Cloud(shinra guard)

Sol Valentine
Dayum!

Sephiroth looks more light-hearted in that pic.

HonkyTonkMan
Zack owns. I knew this 'Respect Zack' would come.
It's a pity he had to die. Crisis Core was a great idea for it let us actually see Zack in action and learn more about him. It also let us see Genesis and Angeal, some cool characters.

Superboy Prime
Agreed. I'm glad for Crisis Core. Did you know Angeal was the original design for Cloud? Funny how they make it symbolic for Angeal to be the original owner of the Buster Sword who passed it down to Zack(Zack being Cloud's 2nd design) and then Zack passing it to the Cloud we all know and love.

I'm eager to see Zack vs Bahamut droolio

HonkyTonkMan
jawdrop

Indeed that would make a battle worth watching. Zack would beat it I reckon.

Sol Valentine
Hm. Angeal, then Zack, then Cloud.

Who's next?

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Hm. Angeal, then Zack, then Cloud.

Who's next?

Cloud Jr.? Assuming he eventually decides to bang Tifa.

---

Cloud's flashback explaining how Cloud ended up with Zack's sword(Original FFVII scene)
__qhOTnFwUY
Damned shinra grunts gunned him down while he was taking care of Cloud furious

Sol Valentine
man, If I were along with those 2 when they killed Zack, I would've went Gold Materia on thier asses.

Superboy Prime
The picture of Zack, Sephiroth & Tifa before they went to Mt. Nibel

http://mouse.msspro.com/images/seph/Sephy02.jpg

Zack in Ergheiz
http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/7zack-f.jpg

HonkyTonkMan
I wonder if chocobos taste like chicken or chocolate. Hmm..

shin_gear
Nice thread SBP.

HonkyTonkMan
Have you seen when he dies in Crisis Core, kinda sad.

Sol Valentine
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
The picture of Zack, Sephiroth & Tifa before they went to Mt. Nibel

http://mouse.msspro.com/images/seph/Sephy02.jpg

Zack in Ergheiz
http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/7zack-f.jpg

Sephiroth looks so light-hearted.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by HonkyTonkMan
Have you seen when he dies in Crisis Core, kinda sad.

No, but I read it was very emotional. Zack being the one that gave Cloud the buster sword. Zack asking Cloud to remember him and live the life Zack would not be able to etc.

Is Crisis Core out yet?

Sephiroth looks so light-hearted.

Of course he does. Back then he wasn't hell vent on destroying humanity for what it did to his "mother."

Sol Valentine
But you can still see a hint of evil in him.

Superboy Prime
Zack vs Sephiroth in Nibelheim's Mako Reactor(Crisis Core)
VAcAQhlqwbw

Nice to see the Power Surge thing. Is that like an emotional bond Zack uses to become stronger in battle?

fascistcrusader
Great respect thread, Zack sure is a great SOLDIER, and a great character in general. Gotta love a guy who manages to keep a cheerful attitude and a smile on his face after all the hell he's been through.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Great respect thread, Zack sure is a great SOLDIER, and a great character in general. Gotta love a guy who manages to keep a cheerful attitude and a smile on his face after all the hell he's been through.

True. That is what I like about Zack. He was the exact opposite of Cloud. Kind of funny too...Cloud tried to become a SOLDIER to become like Sephiroth...he ended up becoming Zack. Heh.

Anyways...After watching the video I must say it looks like Sephiroth didn't whoop Zack's ass the way we were all lead to believe. Sure, Sephiroth won, but he didn't OMGWTFPAWN him.

More videos will be on the way.

Edit Its also cool how they retconned Last Order and had Cloud being the one who tossed Sephiroth down the Mako Reactor like it happened in the original cutscene. I didn't like how Last Order had Sephiroth willingly throw himself in it.

ESB -1138
I watched the entire boss battle against Sephiroth and maybe it was just me but the combat system in the game seems kind of boring to me.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I watched the entire boss battle against Sephiroth and maybe it was just me but the combat system in the game seems kind of boring to me.

Either that or the guy playing made it boring. I can't tell you because I haven't played the game.

Superboy Prime
Crisis Core intro Zack makes Cloud's FFVII intro look like crap as he gets rid of squads of ShinRa grunts while on top of a train

S9bNkDmW7uU

Superboy Prime
Holy crap...look at the number of soldiers Zack takes on before dying...****!

gx3CEr-gFJc

RESPECT ZACK FAIR!!

fascistcrusader
I thought that was actually a stupid change. I don't mind retcons, but when you change a change it gets ridiculous. Sephiroth jumped in Last Order, Before Crisis, the Reunion Files say he jumped, Nomura even went out of his way to say Cloud's memory was slightly off in FF VII and thats why it shows it wrong in VII. It was even going to be the same way in Crisis Core, but a few testers(who apparently have never heard of any compilation title) were confused by it, so Nomura changed it. That only tells me Nomura doesn't have the balls to stick with his story.

Besides, Last Order shows Cloud being a far more badass. He pulls himself from the tip of the Masamune all the way down to toss Sephiroth aside. In CC he just magically floats to the ground, which is pretty stupid. Also, in LO Sephiroth is tossed aside before he has time to react to Cloud pulling himself to footing, in CC he holds on like a retard for quite a long time. CC's portrayel ofSephiroth's demise makes both characters seem less awesome.

ESB -1138
I perfer the way it is in FF7 with Cloud tossing Sephiroth into the reactor. Seemed pointless for Sephiroth to throw himself in.

fascistcrusader
It wasn't pointless. Sephiroth was mortally wounded, he just had a 14 inc h wide blade tear through him, severing his spine and chopping up many of his organs. When you couple this with the fact that he thought he was an ancient and had a special connection with the planet and lifestream and wanting to go to the promised land with mother, jumping down there doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

SHM
Cloud talking with Tifa didn't make any sense, and Sephiroth jumping was pure Sephiroth-wank to please his fanboys.
90% of LO is crap. An OVA created only to please the Zack/Sephiroth fanboys.

Cloud tossing him in the Mako was one of Cloud's greatest moments. And if he is the hero of the story, then why change the scene to make the villain looks cool?! It doesn't make any sense, and I'm glad they corrected it.

But lets stop talking about our opinions of LO. This isn't the place to do that.

fascistcrusader
Cloud looks a whole lot cooler pulling himself down the length of the masamune than just having some magic force will him to the ground. That way it is anticlimactic and ridiculous. The Tifa thing I agree with, but Sephiroth jumping wasn't a big deal, and if they wanted tyo change it back they should have used the LO version and just replace the wall Sephiroth hit with a mako pit, that would have ben cool and made sense.

Superboy Prime
Cloud still did that either way you look at it. In fact it shows more strength to actually have him toss Sephiroth down the reactor. In the original cutscene Cloud wasn't on the ground. Sephiroth had already impaled him and was lifting him.

fascistcrusader
No he doesn't, I don't think you understand what I'm saying. In CC and FFVII, he just gets willed to the ground and then Sephiroth holds on like a retard forever, which is stupid. In LO Cloud pulls himself down the blade of the Masamune to get footing and then tosses Sephiroth aside before Seph can react, which is truly badass. If they really wanted to change it they should have just replaced the wall Sephiroth hit in LO with the mako pit.

Superboy Prime
I do get it. LO was just wanking Sephiroth's fanbase if you ask me. But enough about this discussion because this is Zack's respect thread and Sephiroth and Cloud have their own threads.

shin_gear
DAMN....I thought I was going to see Zack owning all of them...weep

Sol Valentine
In FFVIIAC, Zack's sideburns were so ub3r!!!!!

They can pwn omniverses.13jockey2

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by shin_gear
DAMN....I thought I was going to see Zack owning all of them...weep

Yeah. I think its safe to say he pawned all of them but 3, before he went to check on Cloud and was caught off-guard.

Sol Valentine
In FFVIIAC, Zack's sideburns were so ub3r!!!!!

They can pwn omniverses.13jockey2

shin_gear
Yeah. I think its safe to say he pawned all of them but 3, before he went to check on Cloud and was caught off-guard. Did it show how many were left before he died?

Superboy Prime
Zack's final moments

0HVlAUIboWU

weep

Sol Valentine
I think there were 2 left.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by shin_gear
Did it show how many were left before he died?

Don't know because I haven't played the game, and I haven't watched all the CGI/Cutscenes. However in the original game only 3 ShinRa soldiers shoot him down when he was taking care of Cloud.

shin_gear
Zack's final moments

0HVlAUIboWU

weep I saw that...it was depressing. sad

I liked how it said to be continued in FFVII. shock

Sol Valentine
What about his sideburns?

shin_gear
Don't know because I haven't played the game, and I haven't watched all the CGI/Cutscenes. However in the original game only 3 ShinRa soldiers shoot him down when he was taking care of Cloud. hmm

What about his sideburns? They're cool.

Sol Valentine
I'm gonna get my sideburns done to look like his.

fascistcrusader
We don't know that for sure though. We see Zack charge something off screen, hear fighting, then he is blastersd back onscreen by some gunfire and only three come on camera with him. For all we know those fighting sounds were Zack killing all the other MP's that were there.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
We don't know that for sure though. We see Zack charge something off screen, hear fighting, then he is blastersd back onscreen by some gunfire and only three come on camera with him. For all we know those fighting sounds were Zack killing all the other MP's that were there.

That is what I meant, but I suppose I didn't make myself very clear.

123KID
H7iJQVRpafI

Superboy Prime
So I bought and I am about to finish the game...I love it.

Zack beats Genesis copies who are wielding machine guns with a freaking umbrella. ROFL.

Zack does fight Sephiroth to a standstill ala Cloud in Advent Children.

Zack states during the Nibelheim ordeal that he usually attacks with the blunt side of the Buster Sword to avoid using its blade and thus wear it down and make it a waste--something he learned from Angeal.

When asked to prove his honor to Angeal Zack proceeds to lay the smackdown barehanded.

Vampire Savior
Zack is like my favorite FF charcter, he lived like a beast and died like a gangsta.

I will always poor sum of my drink out for ya Zack. We miss you homie laughing

Superboy Prime
Crisis Core's ending was breathtaking...

Zack fought all those guys damn....After being betrayed by everyone and getting experimented on and hunted like an animal he still died with a smile on his face.

Cheers to a true hero.

Superboy Prime
Zack's Death

T-oMwcntagc

Superboy Prime
Zack vs Angeal
wwOhHOnx2rs
0Kjv-VTGRB4

Zack's date with Aerith pimp
TObG06_hjvY

Superboy Prime
Zack vs Genesis

U24uLU3TzsU

A severely degenerated Genesis somehow gets the lifestream to back him up, Zack offers to help Genesis and asks him to open his eyes, Genesis ignores him and continues forcing Zack to fight him.

After the monstrous Genesis is defeated Zack and Genesis fight once again. It looks like the lifestream stopped and healed Genesis's degeneration. How? Perhaps the lifestream cleansed his body of the G cells that corrupted it--ala Advent Children. However these are just theories. Does anyone know for sure?

Superboy Prime
Zack Fair Tribute
AXw5hlJQbWA

Superboy Prime
Zack vs Sephiroth

clW1nZVrBzE&feature

I always liked how they had Zack aim the sword at Sephiroth and try to reason with him instead of killing him. Shows how his feelings were always his greatest strength and weakness.

Superboy Prime
Working link for the Zack Fair tribute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXw5hlJQbWA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.