KMC comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
Sooner or later one of us had to do it. This started off as a suggestion by Entity and the thought settled in the back of my head. The Idea start creating our own comics, so i decided to put it into action and i'm here to tell you that i will start producing digital comics and i will be posting them on a web site free for all to download and enjoy. I've already got the comic panel layout software and soon i'll have the illustration software i'll need. So why tell you all this? Well this is your chance to finally get your imput into the comics Entity and i have a few characters lined up already but if you have a good idea for one then let me know and we'll try and make a comic based on your character. Also if you have some good ideas for some comic plots and story arcs the same goes for you. This will be a PIS CIS free comic enviroment with a totally different style and approch than marvel or dc mainly because i'm keeping everyone's tastes in mind. Finally a comic series for the fans by the fans
stay tuned for more info.

Apolloknight
I draw a hell of a lot and tend to write my own stories at times, nothing major of course.

I'll wait and see how serious this becomes.

SnazzySmurph
Darth Goober was already setting this up...

DigiMark007
Awesomesauce.

I submit a story where Smurph poos his pants and we all giggle.

Rufus T Firefly
rimshot Digi will be here all week kids, try the foodbar

Symmetric Chaos
Do a "day in the life" type story but then add twist like in Go where you get to see all different types of perspectives of people.

DigiMark007
Have a comic with Femme where all she does is touch herself...

...while reading my posts.

awesome

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Awesomesauce.

I submit a story where Smurph poos his pants and we all giggle. He who laughs last's nose smells weakest...

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Do a "day in the life" type story but then add twist like in Go where you get to see all different types of perspectives of people.

Or just create characters based off the various personality's of KMC. Marvel.com boards do something like that. Make up powers, storys etc.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Or just create characters based off the various personality's of KMC. Marvel.com boards do something like that. Make up powers, storys etc.

My ripoff is slightly less cliche though.

SnazzySmurph
I'd be fine with profiling people, giving them powers according to their e-persona, etc.

But, again, DG had already started this...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
I'd be fine with profiling people, giving them powers according to their e-persona, etc.

But, again, DG had already started this...

Did he? Where?

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Did he? Where? Privately. Mostly over PMs... it's why he was asking for artists, enlisted me, etc.

I suppose if this gets started sooner, or he drops it, Lando will be the first officially. I just thought I'd point out that maybe like minds should collaborate.

lando005
Just to let you know some of the details we have ready. We already got the design and layout of our omniverse set up, i still need to double check with entity but i got the hireachy of cosmics titans and gods layed out (we're not going to be using any mythological gods here making brand new ones from scatch) comic format will be point of view based that means we wont have an avengers book for example but the individual members of that team will still interact with each other with the team title bing the subtitle of their book. That means you can follow your favorite character and still keep track of what they are doing as a team

Apolloknight
Privately. Mostly over PMs... it's why he was asking for artists, enlisted me, etc.

So you draw? What type of styles do you do, I think I mostly do anime/American mixes, or all anime (at least that what a few other people have told me) I have a friend that is hella nice with mecha, so I've been trying to get into that lately.

lando005
i'm almost done downloading the photoshop editor i'll need if it works like i was told i should have a short prototype ready by the end of the week

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by lando005
Just to let you know some of the details we have ready. We already got the design and layout of our omniverse set up, i still need to double check with entity but i got the hireachy of cosmics titans and gods layed out (we're not going to be using any mythological gods here making brand new ones from scatch) comic format will be point of view based that means we wont have an avengers book for example but the individual members of that team will still interact with each other with the team title bing the subtitle of their book. That means you can follow your favorite character and still keep track of what they are doing as a team Hmm...

Come to think of it, Goober's idea was completely different.

I give Digi permission to edit all related posts of mine to *poos pants*.

Quick Q: Won't everybodies favourite characters be the ones they've made?

SnazzySmurph
So you draw? What type of styles do you do, I think I mostly do anime/American mixes, or all anime (at least that what a few other people have told me) I have a friend that is hella nice with mecha, so I've been trying to get into that lately. I'm no artist.
I don't have the jenny says quoi?.

I was asked to help out with a different part of the comic creating process.

Apolloknight
I'm no artist.
I don't have the jenny says quoi?.

I was asked to help out with a different part of the comic creating process.

Ah

SnazzySmurph
Ah I'm the big guy who walks around casually with a baseball bat and breaks the knees of anyone who disagrees with the Goob.

It's how Quesada gets all his business done.

lando005
Hmm...

Come to think of it, Goober's idea was completely different.

I give Digi permission to edit all related posts of mine to *poos pants*.

Quick Q: Won't everybodies favourite characters be the ones they've made? well sure but then again you may find you like one of the new characters that we've created as well. I'm just saying if you like wolverine but dont like having to go buy new avengers and one of the many x titles he's in you wont have to. There will be just the one main title he'll be in with any teams he's in as sub titles. you'll still get the whole team but it will be done from his point of view. And who knows you may like one of the other new characters we'll make. Obviously there is going to be a limit on how many we can do up front but one the ball gets rolling who knows.

some other things to expect, the comics will be a lot more grounded with rationality than marvel or dc and don't expect people to brush off death like the common cold either.

also to let you guys know i've just updated my computer system a bit for this project so i plan on seeing it through you have my word.

Blair Wind
mmm....I had an idea for something like this (actually someone else did but he talked to me about it). Interesting hmm

lando005
i've been had the torrent i downloaded was a fake so i'm downloading the trial version of adobe illustrator. If it works well then i'll get the full version somehow I refuse to pay!!!!

Soljer
Soljer demands representation!

stick out tongue.

Ethereal
I'd like to get in on this.

lando005
Originally posted by Ethereal
I'd like to get in on this. sure if you have a detailed character you've created let me know i'll try to work him in or if you have a good story plot i'ld like to hear it we can use it. Or art work would be nice too i'm gonna start on the templates tomorrow after i get off work

Ethereal
Originally posted by lando005
sure if you have a detailed character you've created let me know i'll try to work him in or if you have a good story plot i'ld like to hear it we can use it. Or art work would be nice too i'm gonna start on the templates tomorrow after i get off work

It'd help if you could PM me what story/plots/characters you have in mind for this comic.

King Kandy
I'm confused... Is this a comic about KMC or is it just made by KMC?

lando005
Originally posted by King Kandy
I'm confused... Is this a comic about KMC or is it just made by KMC? made by kmc and i'm shooting to have have 1 roll out title featureing 12 different characters in their origin stories for starters the ones that take off really well will have monthy issues

lando005
Originally posted by Ethereal
It'd help if you could PM me what story/plots/characters you have in mind for this comic. Well i plan on doing an amazing fantasy type one shot featuring 12 different super characters. i have the major concepts of the entier univers down pretty well but not the finer details yet when i'm done with the proto type (which i'm starting today) you'll have a good idea.

SnazzySmurph
I'd like to get in on this too... I think.

lando005
here is the first of the character templates, based on my city of heroes character Static Amp

lando005
I had to switch to a different software program I just ordered it tonight so hopefully it will arrive soon. The detail of the artwork doesn't look all that great but atleast this should be able to do what i have in mind

here is the link you guys can check it out yourselves.

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/features/42767/Make_a_Comic_Book.html

Creshosk
Originally posted by Blair Wind
mmm....I had an idea for something like this (actually someone else did but he talked to me about it). Interesting hmm Might be interesting if we linked idea up somehow... As you can tell however I've already got a bit of idea for my character:

lando005
for those of you with character ideas write down their origin story in word or something. You can use the UGO heroe creator to supply a visual for the template of the character and send me the info in a email

lando005
just wanted you all to know i got the illustration programs i was waiting on so i should have a few pages done this weekend.

Avlon
You may like this:

http://plasq.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,55/func,view/id,7403/catid,21/

It was originally mac only, but the pc version is great too. Awesome for making comics and easy to use.

If you want to use software that you don't have to bother to crack for creating vector graphics...here is a good one.

http://www.inkscape.org/screenshots/index.php?lang=en

Not quite photoshop, but still damn good for free:

http://www.getpaint.net/

Keep your pictures nicely organized and add simple effects easily.

http://picasa.google.com/features/index.html

Great browser if you work with a lot of pics and post online.
It integrates with photobucket,flikr,etc...

http://www.flock.com/

Good luck on your project.

lando005
Originally posted by Avlon
You may like this:

http://plasq.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,55/func,view/id,7403/catid,21/

It was originally mac only, but the pc version is great too. Awesome for making comics and easy to use.

If you want to use software that you don't have to bother to crack for creating vector graphics...here is a good one.

http://www.inkscape.org/screenshots/index.php?lang=en

Not quite photoshop, but still damn good for free:

http://www.getpaint.net/

Keep your pictures nicely organized and add simple effects easily.

http://picasa.google.com/features/index.html

Great browser if you work with a lot of pics and post online.
It integrates with photobucket,flikr,etc...

http://www.flock.com/

Good luck on your project. thanks that helps alot

Blight
I did a lot of creating on something much like this recently but wasn't able to get started on it. Roldz was in on it as well but I got kicked out of my apartment and haven't been able to come online much since.... priorities and such. If whoever is writing this jazz wants all of my research I'd be happy to unbury it and pm it to you. smile

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Blight
I did a lot of creating on something much like this recently but wasn't able to get started on it. Roldz was in on it as well but I got kicked out of my apartment and haven't been able to come online much since.... priorities and such. If whoever is writing this jazz wants all of my research I'd be happy to unbury it and pm it to you. smile Are you back now?

Blur
I want some of this action.

lando005
sure right now i'm still haveing trouble with the artwork so it's taking a while i'm trying a new approach i'm not giving up on this. I'm going to try and get some poses for the characters and jus a drag and drop method of animating the comics

Creshosk
I'm interested in this.

NiņoAraņa
as am i.

Blight
Are you back now? I don't know. But I do like your new name.

lando005
ok so i tried doing this the cheap way and it didn't pan out, there is no replacing hand drawn artwork i guess, has anyone heard of a comic book artist named reece friesen? he has a learn to draw comic book course that i'm looking to order for this project but i need some background info on him first

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.