punk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the welsh one
this thread is for anyone who has a liking for the awesome sound of punk

this is generally for people who want to talk punk

my fav punk bands are:

green day (old)
blink 182
sum 41 (new album is also awesome)

but i dont think theres any good music anymore well at least not like it used to be

so heres hoping for a punk revoultion

Bardock42
Originally posted by the welsh one

my fav punk bands are:

green day (old)
blink 182

but i dont think theres any good music anymore well at least not like it used to be

Do you like real punk too?

the welsh one
ramones?
buzzcocks?

if they are in your opinion real punk then ye

what bands do u think are true punk

sex pistols are punk but i only like some of their songs

Bardock42
ramones?
buzzcocks?

if they are in your opinion real punk then ye

what bands do u think are true punk

sex pistols are punk but i only like some of their songs

Well, what you said was more pop punk.

I don't listen to much punk myself. Mostly The Clash, Sex Pistols and Ramones. Oh and New York Dolls.

SelphieT
X Ray Spex love

the welsh one
green day are not pop punk though

Clash are ****ing amazing

SelphieT
green day are not pop punk though

Clash are ****ing amazing

Even before American Idiot, I'd still have to say they are pop punk.

the welsh one
ok if you think their pop punk...what songs on the dookie album do you think are pop punk

SelphieT
ok if you think their pop punk...what songs on the dookie album do you think are pop punk

Well, I actually enjoyed Dookie. I wouldn't exactly say that album is pop punk necessarily.

My favorite song from that is probably Welcome To Paradise.

the welsh one
ye thats is really awesome

bass sounds awesome in it

but i wouldnt say its my favourite

my fav is probably....longview

but my opinions change all the time

Bardock42
Pop Punk doesn't mean it is shit...

the welsh one
no but simple plan are too poppy for me

Nellinator
The Offspring for the best pop punk ever.

Alpha Centauri
Smash is a very good album.

-AC

Impediment
As much as I love the Ramones, they are, essentially, pop punk. The same goes for Green Day, even though I'm not a fan.

Sex Pistols, Misfits, Black Flack, Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, and D.R.I. are some of my favorites.

Slay
Originally posted by SelphieT
Well, I actually enjoyed Dookie. I wouldn't exactly say that album is pop punk necessarily.

My favorite song from that is probably Welcome To Paradise.
Dookie is probably more pop punk than American Idiot...

vintageSW77
GBH,UK SUBS,early Adam and the Antz,Buzzcocks,early Joy Division/Warsaw,Crass,Dead Kennedys,The Pistols,SHAM 69 are all great Punk but Sum41 and Blink182???

nah

there needs to be a new punk or something to come along
the majority of kids tastes is mostly a disgrace...Rhianna,Fall Out boy,High school ****ing musical???!!!!
something gotta change

SelphieT
Originally posted by Impediment
As much as I love the Ramones, they are, essentially, pop punk. The same goes for Green Day, even though I'm not a fan.

Sex Pistols, Misfits, Black Flack, Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, and D.R.I. are some of my favorites.

I farkin' LOVE Dirty Rotten Imbeciles! I'd love to see them live!

Nellinator
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Smash is a very good album.

-AC Agreed. Americana is my favourite though. Americana and Treble Charger are actually what got me into music. Smash, Ixnay on the Hombre and Americana are all great. It was a little downhill after that but they are still decent imo.
I farkin' LOVE Dirty Rotten Imbeciles! I'd love to see them live! I hate them. I just can't get into them or any of that other punk/thrash crossover stuff other than that I think Nuclear Assault and Anthrax are okay.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Nellinator
Agreed. Americana is my favourite though. Americana and Treble Charger are actually what got me into music. Smash, Ixnay on the Hombre and Americana are all great. It was a little downhill after that but they are still decent imo.
I hate them. I just can't get into them or any of that other punk/thrash crossover stuff other than that I think Nuclear Assault and Anthrax are okay.

I enjoyed Americana as well.

Ah, well lately thrashcore and grindcore have been my thing, and D.R.I. just totally quenches my thirst.

the welsh one
Originally posted by vintageSW77
GBH,UK SUBS,early Adam and the Antz,Buzzcocks,early Joy Division/Warsaw,Crass,Dead Kennedys,The Pistols,SHAM 69 are all great Punk but Sum41 and Blink182???

nah

there needs to be a new punk or something to come along
the majority of kids tastes is mostly a disgrace...Rhianna,Fall Out boy,High school ****ing musical???!!!!
something gotta change

that is completely true and i had enough of it! i hate the dance and r and b some of my friends like.

so for my birthday i got a guitar and maybe one day ull see me and my band on scuzz or something and there will be a new surge and love of punk and rock music laughing out loud Happy Dance

SelphieT
cool?

Alpha Centauri
that is completely true and i had enough of it! i hate the dance and r and b some of my friends like.

so for my birthday i got a guitar and maybe one day ull see me and my band on scuzz or something and there will be a new surge and love of punk and rock music laughing out loud Happy Dance

So many things wrong with this.

-AC

the welsh one
like wa?

Alpha Centauri
You don't have to listen to music you don't like.

Shit music needs to exist. There can be no good without shit.

You are aspiring for fame and to be on TV, that's the last thing the world needs.

People who love punk will always love punk. There doesn't need to be a surge of anything.

Most people who want mainstream music to be changed are people who rely on TV to feed them their taste.

-AC

vintageSW77
not really
with Rn B ,Hip Hop culture there is no escape
try and live your life without it coming at you from somewhere at least a couple of times a day..............theres no escape
it reminds me of when people kicked againgst disco and mainstream pop in the mid 70s and out of this came Punk
im sure that something will come along
wheres the bollocks nowadays?
i was sat in a pub yesterday and a kid took a cd he had bought out of the bag and it was a copy of High school Musical
sad
i felt like doing him a favour by maybe cutting off his genetalia and giving him a lobotomy right there to save himself the trouble later on

Alpha Centauri
I manage to escape it, as do many others.

If you want the sheer existence of it to be gone to the point that you can never even hear it by sheer chance; by being outside, in someone else's car or any other number of scenarios then you need to check your life.

It doesn't bother me that much, even if I dislike it. Because I'm never in a situation where I am forced to listen to it. If it's on, doesn't mean I'm listening.

You've doing the "Look how much of a real music fan I am!" thing, and it's not what a real music fan would do. You ignore it.

-AC

Jim Reaper
Check out AFI's old stuff... They use to rock.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Jim Reaper

They really did. Cruise Control, Who Said You Could Touch Me?, He Who Laughs Last, and Wake-up Call, some real great stuff.

Jim Reaper
They really did. Cruise Control, Who Said You Could Touch Me?, He Who Laughs Last, and Wake-up Call, some real great stuff.

Very Proud of Ya , & Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes: 2 kick ass albums.

the welsh one
not really
with Rn B ,Hip Hop culture there is no escape
try and live your life without it coming at you from somewhere at least a couple of times a day..............theres no escape
it reminds me of when people kicked againgst disco and mainstream pop in the mid 70s and out of this came Punk
im sure that something will come along
wheres the bollocks nowadays?
i was sat in a pub yesterday and a kid took a cd he had bought out of the bag and it was a copy of High school Musical
sad
i felt like doing him a favour by maybe cutting off his genetalia and giving him a lobotomy right there to save himself the trouble later on

ye i completely understand

theres no more kick ass-ness in music

the welsh one

If you want the sheer existence of it to be gone to the point that you can never even hear it by sheer chance; by being outside, in someone else's car or any other number of scenarios then you need to check your life.

It doesn't bother me that much, even if I dislike it. Because I'm never in a situation where I am forced to listen to it. If it's on, doesn't mean I'm listening.

You've doing the "Look how much of a real music fan I am!" thing, and it's not what a real music fan would do. You ignore it.

-AC

i understand

but its hard to ignore it when all my mates are listening 2 dance music on their phones. if i try ignoring it they all gimme stick for it roll eyes (sarcastic)

and since 50 cent and Rhianna came about a few years back iv actually seen some of my mates change completely
e.g. a mate of mine used to always be a fan of mettalica and bullet for my valentine and other bands like that
but now he listens to gangsta music and he wears bandannas and that metal stuff on his teeth

i dont know why i rambled on about that last bit but read it and appreciate it dam it!

Alpha Centauri
i understand

but its hard to ignore it when all my mates are listening 2 dance music on their phones. if i try ignoring it they all gimme stick for it roll eyes (sarcastic)

and since 50 cent and Rhianna came about a few years back iv actually seen some of my mates change completely
e.g. a mate of mine used to always be a fan of mettalica and bullet for my valentine and other bands like that
but now he listens to gangsta music and he wears bandannas and that metal stuff on his teeth

i dont know why i rambled on about that last bit but read it and appreciate it dam it!

I consider Bullet for My Valentine AS shit as some of those artists you claim are shit, anyway. Generic bs, in my opinion.

However, none of what you said makes sense. So what? He's still your friend. I have friends with deplorable taste in music, it doesn't change who they are as people really. Sometimes I have a jokey jab, but I respect them more for saying "Yeah, I like this." than "I know it's shit." like some people.

You're just pissed that his taste changed, it doesn't call for everyone to start liking punk, because then what about people who DO like that? If someone said "My friend used to listen to Britney, now he listens to all that metal shit.", you'd not say the same.

-AC

the welsh one
ye your right
the last bit of my last comment was just load of shit really

and your right that i shouldnt try push music i like on to other people. if that is what your saying?

but i can still hope for a new love of punk
i also hope for this because it would mean more new good punk bands and songs

Alpha Centauri
but i can still hope for a new love of punk
i also hope for this because it would mean more new good punk bands and songs

No it wouldn't.

It would mean there are new bands and songs. It wouldn't necessarily be traditional punk, probably not, and it may not be good.

-AC

the welsh one
but it could be.

if punk had a national anthem
what should it be

i think its between basket case - green day or anarchy in the UK - sex pistols

Alpha Centauri
Nothing you're saying makes any sense.

-AC

the welsh one
ye it does. if more people like punk music, people will then want to make their own punk band and then if this keeps happening then there will be more punk music and more punk to listen to

Alpha Centauri
ye it does. if more people like punk music, people will then want to make their own punk band and then if this keeps happening then there will be more punk music and more punk to listen to

So what? You want to do precisely what you hate others for doing.

Flooding the market with music you like won't make the music you DISLIKE go away.

Metallica influenced millions to form bands, a lot of them were shit and bands we could do without, it goes both ways.

You're being a hypocrite and not making ANY sense. There is enough punk music out there if you bothered looking, but seeing as the only punk you seem to be able to name is the most famous, I'd suggest you aren't even that much of a fan.

-AC

the welsh one
So what? You want to do precisely what you hate others for doing.

Flooding the market with music you like won't make the music you DISLIKE go away.

Metallica influenced millions to form bands, a lot of them were shit and bands we could do without, it goes both ways.

You're being a hypocrite and not making ANY sense. There is enough punk music out there if you bothered looking, but seeing as the only punk you seem to be able to name is the most famous, I'd suggest you aren't even that much of a fan.

-AC

i love punk music so i don't like you saying I'm not a fan. YOU might think there's a lot of punk already around but its not enough for me.

and saying that i can only name the most famous band is how i got into punk was because i listened to the most famous band on tele...and at the time it was blink 182. I don't know why you are on about me only being able to name famous bands anyway? But i think punk bands should get more media because in my opinion its better music and i cannot be a hypocrite if i know what I'm saying: I'm saying that there should be less dance, r and b and rap around and more punk and i think punk should be as famous as dance music and R&B is now then id like it to stay that way for as long as possible...until possibly I get tired of listening to punk and rock but until then I'm hoping for punk to be the music everyone is listening to

Alpha Centauri
i love punk music so i don't like you saying I'm not a fan. YOU might think there's a lot of punk already around but its not enough for me.

Then you clearly just don't know enough punk, because there are still areas of the world where it's the most prolific type of music.

and saying that i can only name the most famous band is how i got into punk was because i listened to the most famous band on tele...and at the time it was blink 182.

They aren't a punk band, so if that's your line of thinking then you're out of your depth in the first place.

I don't know why you are on about me only being able to name famous bands anyway? But i think punk bands should get more media because in my opinion its better music

In your opinion, yeah. Media exposure doesn't make music good, if you like the music you like, and you know about it, why does it need more exposure? So others are forced to listen? That makes no sense and it is very hypocritical. You don't wanna sit in a pub listening to Rihanna, some probably don't wanna sit in a pub listening to Black Flag. Deal with it, mainstream music will always be largely shit, that's the way the world is.

and i cannot be a hypocrite if i know what I'm saying: I'm saying that there should be less dance, r and b and rap around and more punk and i think punk should be as famous as dance music and R&B

Yes and that's hypocritical. The reason you want less of the dance etc is because you're tired of it being "forced" on you, which it isn't really, but whatever. You'd be doing the same thing.

Why do others have to love punk and listen to punk? YOU need the mainstream to promote punk more because I think that's the way you get your music, which is why you have no clue about punk. If you had it in you to look for your own music, music you liked, you wouldn't be crying over the fact that the media doesn't force the music YOU like onto different people.

id like it to stay that way for as long as possible...until possibly I get tired of listening to punk and rock but until then I'm hoping for punk to be the music everyone is listening to

Exactly, so you're a stupid hypocrite. I hope you are forced to listen to Rihanna for a long time to come, because that's what you're moaning about, yet that's what you wanna do.

Not everyone agrees with you.

-AC

vintageSW77

-AC

well unfortunatly there are times when i get to hear more than enough where its unavoidable
e.g - bars,having a quick bite to eat,work and the times i forget my mp3 - public transport
i walked out of a bar last night immediatley after hearing a bit of the old "yeah..yeah...yo ..yo...." obligitary intro
i like good time but i dont want to hear that shit whilst im out
im sure your going to say go someplace else but with half an hour there aint time to nip to the alt bars
you have to settle for a bit of MOR rock or else its a menu of Jay zzz and this weeks latest big rapper of the week
even my dads local boozer has it pumped out the speakers
ive been here before
Commercial RnB music / Hip Hop culture is ****ing in my face and to avoid it in my city would mean walking round with my eyes shut with the headphones on
every 10 years something comes along - Rock N Roll,Hippy culture, 77 - punk/88 - Acid House/99 ...er.......hmmm
nothing happening
kids are too busy sat in front of the pc to go out and make a change...they just take any shit as given and buy it
youth culture is dead
where are the tribes???

Alpha Centauri
well unfortunatly there are times when i get to hear more than enough where its unavoidable
e.g - bars,having a quick bite to eat,work and the times i forget my mp3 - public transport
i walked out of a bar last night immediatley after hearing a bit of the old "yeah..yeah...yo ..yo...." obligitary intro
i like good time but i dont want to hear that shit whilst im out
im sure your going to say go someplace else but with half an hour there aint time to nip to the alt bars
you have to settle for a bit of MOR rock or else its a menu of Jay zzz and this weeks latest big rapper of the week
even my dads local boozer has it pumped out the speakers
ive been here before
Commercial RnB music / Hip Hop culture is ****ing in my face and to avoid it in my city would mean walking round with my eyes shut with the headphones on
every 10 years something comes along - Rock N Roll,Hippy culture, 77 - punk/88 - Acid House/99 ...er.......hmmm
nothing happening
kids are too busy sat in front of the pc to go out and make a change...they just take any shit as given and buy it
youth culture is dead
where are the tribes???

You're acting like it's giving you cancer, it's not. You just don't like the music.

-AC

Nellinator
You're acting like it's giving you cancer, it's not. You just don't like the music.

-AC If he has cancer you'll be sorry.

Victor Von Doom
Well, it won't be from hip hop.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Well, it won't be from hip hop. Proof?

Victor Von Doom
n=*/7

Nellinator
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
n=*/7 Never saw that coming.

GG.

the welsh one
Then you clearly just don't know enough punk, because there are still areas of the world where it's the most prolific type of music.

]They aren't a punk band, so if that's your line of thinking then you're out of your depth in the first place.

In your opinion, yeah. Media exposure doesn't make music good, if you like the music you like, and you know about it, why does it need more exposure? So others are forced to listen? That makes no sense and it is very hypocritical. You don't wanna sit in a pub listening to Rihanna, some probably don't wanna sit in a pub listening to Black Flag. Deal with it, mainstream music will always be largely shit, that's the way the world is.

Yes and that's hypocritical. The reason you want less of the dance etc is because you're tired of it being "forced" on you, which it isn't really, but whatever. You'd be doing the same thing.

Why do others have to love punk and listen to punk? YOU need the mainstream to promote punk more because I think that's the way you get your music, which is why you have no clue about punk. If you had it in you to look for your own music, music you liked, you wouldn't be crying over the fact that the media doesn't force the music YOU like onto different people.

Exactly, so you're a stupid hypocrite. I hope you are forced to listen to Rihanna for a long time to come, because that's what you're moaning about, yet that's what you wanna do.

Not everyone agrees with you.

-AC

that does not mean there enough punk music

blink 182 are a punk band. punk music has many sub layers. blink 182 are a pop punk and some songs punk rock
i like many types of punk music.
but by seeing and listening to blink 182 and the tele is how i got into punk music. i mean i expect most kids see music on tv and say 'thats an awesome band' or something, then go out and buy the album or something like that.

People being forced to listen to music is how people find out about new music isnt it? until i was about 11 years old, i wasn't into music much at all. Then a mate from school started asking what music i liked. i said dont have one, then the next thing i know hes telling me to listen to this and shoving headphones in my ear. so i listened to the music (nirvana -lithium) and i was like 'wow, that was fuking awesome,is there any more?'. but now kids are growing up with 50 cent and sean paul music always on tv and then those little kids will tell their little kid mates that they should listen to this music. So punk music being forced onto people is how it will make more kids listen to punk and those little kids will grow up in little punk bands and 1 day people will be forced to listen to their music.

did you read the post about me knowing im being a hypocrite? i want people to be forced to listen to music i like. but i dont like it happening to me. i know this yet i still want people to listen to music i like. So this makes me a hypocrite right? well i know that im being hypocritical.

I do have it in me to find more punk music i like, i search and listen to music on the Internet, i borrow friends albums and i go looking at bands in the music shop i go to.

Also im not moaning or crying about anything! im talking about what music i dont like and music i do like. and how i think there should be more punk bands and HOW there can be more punk bands

Alpha Centauri
that does not mean there enough punk music

I find it hard to believe you know any punk if you think there isn't enough, but now I know you think that cos you let MTV give your punk to you.

Gett Outt by Bill (Legion Mix).

blink 182 are a punk band. punk music has many sub layers. blink 182 are a pop punk and some songs punk rock
i like many types of punk music.

They are not punk, and you just proved you know NOTHING about punk music.

but by seeing and listening to blink 182 and the tele is how i got into punk music. i mean i expect most kids see music on tv and say 'thats an awesome band' or something, then go out and buy the album or something like that.

Yeah, you let the TV feed you your music. That's why you think there isn't enough, that's why you have trouble avoiding shit. You're a spoonfed sheep.

People being forced to listen to music is how people find out about new music isnt it?

No, only people who cannot think or find for themselves, like you.

until i was about 11 years old, i wasn't into music much at all. Then a mate from school started asking what music i liked. i said dont have one, then the next thing i know hes telling me to listen to this and shoving headphones in my ear. so i listened to the music (nirvana -lithium) and i was like 'wow, that was fuking awesome,is there any more?'. but now kids are growing up with 50 cent and sean paul music always on tv and then those little kids will tell their little kid mates that they should listen to this music. So punk music being forced onto people is how it will make more kids listen to punk and those little kids will grow up in little punk bands and 1 day people will be forced to listen to their music.

That doesn't mean you are forced to listen to music to get new music, you just don't have what it takes to look for yourself, you need to be told what to listen to and what to like.

It won't make more kids like punk necessarily, and trust me, if you think Blink 182 were punk then you wouldn't be forcing punk on them ANYWAY. Second, people do not always like what they are forced to endure, you don't like Rihanna.

You are a complete fool for saying you hate having music forced on you, only to say you wanna force it on others.

did you read the post about me knowing im being a hypocrite? i want people to be forced to listen to music i like. but i dont like it happening to me. i know this yet i still want people to listen to music i like. So this makes me a hypocrite right? well i know that im being hypocritical.

Then you have no valid point of discussion, no reasonable defense, no credibility whatsoever and deserve not to be listened to or taken seriously.

I do have it in me to find more punk music i like, i search and listen to music on the Internet, i borrow friends albums and i go looking at bands in the music shop i go to.

Then let people do the same, well...it's not like what you want is ever gonna happen, so good.

Also im not moaning or crying about anything! im talking about what music i dont like and music i do like. and how i think there should be more punk bands and HOW there can be more punk bands

You're also being dumb.

-AC

Nellinator
So, what is the general opinion here of Against Me! ?

Aside: will try not to end sentences with Against Me! in the future as the exclamation mark and question mark make it look like I am a teenage girl desperately wanting affirmation of the band she likes.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

I don't mind them, quite funny.

-AC

the welsh one
I find it hard to believe you know any punk if you think there isn't enough, but now I know you think that cos you let MTV give your punk to you.

Gett Outt by Bill (Legion Mix).

They are not punk, and you just proved you know NOTHING about punk music.

Yeah, you let the TV feed you your music. That's why you think there isn't enough, that's why you have trouble avoiding shit. You're a spoonfed sheep.

No, only people who cannot think or find for themselves, like you.

That doesn't mean you are forced to listen to music to get new music, you just don't have what it takes to look for yourself, you need to be told what to listen to and what to like.

It won't make more kids like punk necessarily, and trust me, if you think Blink 182 were punk then you wouldn't be forcing punk on them ANYWAY. Second, people do not always like what they are forced to endure, you don't like Rihanna.

You are a complete fool for saying you hate having music forced on you, only to say you wanna force it on others.

Then you have no valid point of discussion, no reasonable defense, no credibility whatsoever and deserve not to be listened to or taken seriously.

Then let people do the same, well...it's not like what you want is ever gonna happen, so good.

You're also being dumb.

-AC

your first comment, i let MTV give me punk can be easily answered with my last post and comment saying that i search on the internet and ask friends and go buying albums, also if you think theres already enough punk then your insane! there cn never be enough punk! rock'n'roll has been around for 50 years and punk has been round mostly since the 70s, so thats 30\40 years of punk? that is not enough, there can never be enough.

your second comment is stupid! blink 182 ARE punk, they might not be the type of punk you like but many people do, and blink 182 is just 1 band! i did also mention that im a fan of sex pistols, ramones and the clash.

your third comment is basically the same as your first: im a spoonfed sheep. i can also use my comment about searching on the internet and asking friends and looking at albums in music shops as prove that i am not a spoonfed sheep.

And your forth comment can also easily be answered by my comment saying that i search on the internet and ask friends and look at albums in music shops, this comment proves that i do look and find my own music.

the only way i can avoid hip hop and dance music is if i stay indoors and cut off my ears!
ye your right people dont like what they are forced to endure but lots of people do, if people are forced to endure more punk music they might like it and start listening to this music which would make this music more popular which would make more little kids like punk then those little kids will make punk bands and i could listen to their music another genre of music comes round.

My point was that i wanted more people to listen to punk, so i bought a guitar and possibly that i could be in a band that is seen on tv and is heard on mobile phones, so that would turn the new generation onto punk music, it wont make everyone like the music but it would some. But then you said there are so many things wrong with my comment so i asked why then you rambled on about mainstream music will always be rubbish and that im an idiot.

if you think punk music is never going to be the new favourite sound then you are wrong.

And how am i being dumb? im talking about punk music in a punk thread? so this would make you the idiot!

Alpha Centauri
You're dumb because you think Blink 182 are a punk band, you admit to hating music being forced on you but want it forced on others, you are are quite clearly spoonfed, and you have no logic behind your claim that everyone would be better if they listened to punk.

You know nothing besides famous punk acts, you are a tool.

It just isn't even worth taking you apart.

-AC

the welsh one
You're dumb because you think Blink 182 are a punk band, you admit to hating music being forced on you but want it forced on others, you are are quite clearly spoonfed, and you have no logic behind your claim that everyone would be better if they listened to punk.

You know nothing besides famous punk acts, you are a tool.

It just isn't even worth taking you apart.

-AC

blink 182 are a pop punk band. if you dont believe me i can prove it to you. i am not spoonfed and i can prove this again by my point when i say i buy albums of bands that friends ahve siad i should buy and i ask friends what msuic or bands they like and i search on the internet and youtube for music and punk music, this proves im not spoonfed.

i do have a logicv and iv explained it so many times! ok you ready for this? 8 or 9 year old kid listens to a punk song that he hears on the radio, he likes it soo much that he tells some friends, these friends then become a new punk band, this band is soo good the band are asked to record an album, the album does really good and then they make a music video. then the cycle starts again, another 8 or 9 year old likes a song done by that band and he talls his friends and makes a band etc.

Do you know why famous punk bands are famous? because they soo good at making punk music!

you're a prick!

Alpha Centauri
blink 182 are a pop punk band. if you dont believe me i can prove it to you. i am not spoonfed and i can prove this again by my point when i say i buy albums of bands that friends ahve siad i should buy and i ask friends what msuic or bands they like and i search on the internet and youtube for music and punk music, this proves im not spoonfed.

i do have a logicv and iv explained it so many times! ok you ready for this? 8 or 9 year old kid listens to a punk song that he hears on the radio, he likes it soo much that he tells some friends, these friends then become a new punk band, this band is soo good the band are asked to record an album, the album does really good and then they make a music video. then the cycle starts again, another 8 or 9 year old likes a song done by that band and he talls his friends and makes a band etc.

Do you know why famous punk bands are famous? because they soo good at making punk music!

you're a prick!

Hahaha, no, they are not punk, kid.

You buy what TV and friends say you should buy, you don't think for yourself, you're a spoonfed sheep, that's precisely what you are. You do as you're told, buy what you're told to buy.

Yes, I know what your point is, but it's still invalid because you're a hypocrite, that makes your entire argument invalid. If that isn't enough, you don't understand the point that there would never be a time when everyone listens to punk, and even if they did, it wouldn't necessarily be out of appreciation, just cos they've been told to.

You are being an idiot, making stuff up in your head.

You only know famous bands, you know NOTHING about punk rock.

How old are you? 16?

EDIT: Crap I guessed and I was right. You're 16, it's no wonder. You're still learning.

-AC

Nellinator
Blink-182 definitely has punk influences but they are more along lines of what Cheap Trick was doing. Pop rock, or power pop or whatever you want to call it. Power chord choruses don't necessarily mean that they are punk.

Alpha Centauri
Punk is a word kids tag onto pop so they don't have to say "I like pop".

-AC

the welsh one
pop music is stuff like: justin timberlake, usher, robbie williams and madonna

a pop song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIYXHLlxD8U

blink 182 song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r17znO8yaFM

even wikipedia call blink 182 pop punk\punk rock

i look on the internet and on youtube and look at albums in the music shop so this proves im not spoonfed.

who do you think is punk then? and how did you find out about punk music and the bands you like?

Nellinator
Punk is a word kids tag onto pop so they don't have to say "I like pop".

-AC Liking pop altogether isn't necessarily bad I find. It's just very hard to find good ones these days imo.

Victor Von Doom

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.

I could go on there now and call them new wave applecore.

Alpha Centauri
I don't either.

pop music is stuff like: justin timberlake, usher, robbie williams and madonna

a pop song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIYXHLlxD8U

blink 182 song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r17znO8yaFM

i look on the internet and on youtube and look at albums in the music shop so this proves im not spoonfed.

who do you think is punk then? and how did you find out about punk music and the bands you like?

So? If you Google "Robbie Williams Heavy Metal" you get a shit load of results.

Blink 182 are not punk, end of story. and if I tell you who IS, you'll just run off and start saying you like them, so no deal.

You are spoonfed, but you're 16, you're still learning.

-AC

the welsh one
I don't either.

So? If you Google "Robbie Williams Heavy Metal" you get a shit load of results.

Blink 182 are not punk, end of story. and if I tell you who IS, you'll just run off and start saying you like them, so no deal.

You are spoonfed, but you're 16, you're still learning.

-AC

if blink 182 are not punk. what would you call them. also i tried editing the bit that says blink 182 are pop punk\punk rock but wikipedia dont let people edit that part.

ok ill name other punk bands then you can tell me if you think they are punk:

sex pistols
the ramones
the clash
green day
buzzcocks
bad religion
lost prophets
offspring
rancid

are they punk? and ye im 16 and im learning.so tell me what you think punk music is then ill go listen to the bands you telll me about and ill decide if i like the music

Mr.Murder27
Originally posted by Jim Reaper

Hell yeah. Im a AFI fan. Their old albums are better than todays songs but they kicked ass to the extreme but now they just kick ass.
Overall they are a good band if they can make some more of their old music than they would be the best band probably better than Van Halen or some shit!

Alpha Centauri
if blink 182 are not punk. what would you call them. also i tried editing the bit that says blink 182 are pop punk\punk rock but wikipedia dont let people edit that part.

sex pistols
the ramones
the clash
green day
buzzcocks
bad religion
lost prophets
offspring
rancid

are they punk? and ye im 16 and im learning.so tell me what you think punk music is then ill go listen to the bands you telll me about and ill decide if i like the music

No, I'm not spoonfeeding some 16 year old sheep. Do it yourself.

To answer your question:

Yes.
Yes.
Arguably.
Not now, but you can see the influence.
Yes.
Yes.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Yes.

-AC

Nellinator

sex pistols
the ramones
the clash
green day
buzzcocks
bad religion
lost prophets
offspring
rancid

are they punk? and ye im 16 and im learning.so tell me what you think punk music is then ill go listen to the bands you telll me about and ill decide if i like the music Seriously check out the Dropkick Murphy's though. They are killer.

the welsh one
No, I'm not spoonfeeding some 16 year old sheep. Do it yourself.

To answer your question:

Yes.
Yes.
Arguably.
Yes.
Yes.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Yes.

-AC

how did you learn about punk music then?

Alpha Centauri
I don't ever actively seek out any one genre.

I look for new music I like and I find it. It doesn't matter what kind.

-AC

the welsh one
I don't ever actively seek out any one genre.

I look for new music I like and I find it. It doesn't matter what kind.

-AC

i look for new music, thats how i came across guns n roses and metallica and music like that

though i try to search for more punk cos that is the type of music i like most

but i dont know why you cant tell me what music and bands you like, if you tell me then i might like the band and they might be my new favourite band.

like dropkick murphys...i looked on youtube and they are really good

Nellinator
how did you learn about punk music then? Honestly, music forums aren't usually a bad place to start.

Considering the bands you have mentioning, I strongly recommend Against Me! and the Dropkick Murphy's to you. I'm a huge fan of the former but I'm sure you'll enjoy them. I can imagine you liking Dead Kennedy's, The Vandals, and Bad Religion as well.

Victor Von Doom

but i dont know why you cant tell me what music and bands you like, if you tell me then i might like the band and they might be my new favourite band.

Amazon is can be a good start, with the lists and cross-references.

Browse threads on here.

2D_MASTER

my fav punk bands are:

green day (old)
blink 182

Oh so that's "punk"?...kids these days...

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Nellinator
So, what is the general opinion here of Against Me! ?

Aside: will try not to end sentences with Against Me! in the future as the exclamation mark and question mark make it look like I am a teenage girl desperately wanting affirmation of the band she likes. I like them a lot but their most recent album was weak

Jim Reaper
Originally posted by Mr.Murder27
Hell yeah. Im a AFI fan. Their old albums are better than todays songs but they kicked ass to the extreme but now they just kick ass.
Overall they are a good band if they can make some more of their old music than they would be the best band probably better than Van Halen or some shit!

Yeah, their old stuff was tight, but I can't listen to their new tunes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.