HDTV + DVD Player toasted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drocklez
Hi all.

Yesterday, I was sitting in front of my Sony 37" HDTV, watching Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (ripped version) on my Sony DVD/HD Recorder. Suddently, I hear it raining outside, but no problem, although it is loud, i continue watching the movie. All at once, all of my house turns black, and a earbreaking noise shakes the very foundation of the house. Apparently, a lighting struck my house. After the storm is over, I turn on my TV again. BUT IT DOESNT WORK! Neither the TV or the Recorder responds to the On/Off click.

Well, then, I conclude that I can get a new one at the store. But, as I check the bill, it comes to me that the ensurance expired 4 days ago!

THIS IS NOT WHAT I PAID 30 GRAND FOR!

Sincerely,

Drocklez.

Schecter
nobody cares.

Grinning Goku
WTF?? 30,000 dollars? You deserve that for spending money that could have been used to purchase a home, a car or help someone less fortunate than yourself on electronics. But you're probably a sock, so it really doesn't matter.

Drocklez

inimalist
expensive electronics + surge protector/battery backup = happy consumer

Schecter

Sadako of Girth
Ain't that a B...?!!?

JLred
Originally posted by Drocklez
Hi all.

Yesterday, I was sitting in front of my Sony 37" HDTV, watching Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (ripped version) on my Sony DVD/HD Recorder. Suddently, I hear it raining outside, but no problem, although it is loud, i continue watching the movie. All at once, all of my house turns black, and a earbreaking noise shakes the very foundation of the house. Apparently, a lighting struck my house. After the storm is over, I turn on my TV again. BUT IT DOESNT WORK! Neither the TV or the Recorder responds to the On/Off click.

Well, then, I conclude that I can get a new one at the store. But, as I check the bill, it comes to me that the ensurance expired 4 days ago!

Sincerely,

Drocklez.

damn that sucks...

Reverend Axel
Hi all.

Sincerely,

Drocklez. Pwnt by God.

FoxMeister
god dont want u to have eye popping pirate action

JLred
Originally posted by Reverend Axel
Pwnt by God.

f8cking hilarious...

Leo.M
Hi all.

Sincerely,

Drocklez.

That sucks. You sould really check the insurance for something that cost that much. I do.

Drocklez
This isnt really funny, since it was kinda the best thing in my apartment. Ah well, ill try and poke them Sony guys tomorrow, and see if we can figure something out.

Reverend Axel
No, its hilarious.

TOH
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/HPM/BM1142~I-Just-Don-t-Care-Posters.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.