How is Ramadan going so far?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

colonelf40
How is Ramadhan going so far?

Ive kept almost all of them so far and missed 3 due to illness

KingTech
Well it's great to meet one like you posting such thread cuz these issues are fought savagely here,still don't know why?!
Anyway i'm glad that you are interested in Ramadan which means that you may be Muslem.
So i'm happy to be the first one who replied to your post.
Best regards .

colonelf40
im a non-practising muslim but still keep them anyway

KingTech
As you said that you are Muslem then you should stick to it ,i mean Ramadan .
I hope you do it to feel what great it is to obey God especially concerning Ramadan duty.
Anyway you are welcomed for any further discussion.

Bicnarok
fasting is apparently good for the body, a sort of cleaning out occurs.

So enjoy it, ill stick to eating like a pig and remain unhealthysmile

Fatima
Ramadan Kareem to all of you smile

I hope the weather gets better , rain or even snow would be great in this month .

SpearofDestiny
colonelf40 is the best looking male muslim i've ever seen stick out tongue

colonelf40
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
colonelf40 is the best looking male muslim i've ever seen stick out tongue

Thanks man but i would prefer it if you refer to me by my ethincity which is Paki rather than my religion.

I wish someday chicks would say the same thing not blokes but thanks for you opinion anyway.

fini
Lol there are FINE looking people everywhere, no matter what the religion

ANYWAYS

Ramadan greetings to all our islamic KMCers.

From my muslims friends this has so far been a hard fast. mainly because its the hottest time of the year and everyone is just drained at the end of the day. I've spent quite some time telling of my muslim students. They've been getting up late and not eating something before the fast. In this heat its just sapping the life outta them. Tsk tsk. and they know better too.

Once they can make the fast then thats great. But missing a day is alright. With more practise they will eventually be able to make the entire fast one year.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by colonelf40
Thanks man but i would prefer it if you refer to me by my ethincity which is Paki rather than my religion.

I wish someday chicks would say the same thing not blokes but thanks for you opinion anyway.

You don't mind being called Paki? (although I know it means ''clean or pure'') I always thought of it as more of an insulting way to call Pakistanis.

Boris
It's going great!

I'm eating loads and drinking quite a few beers too!

Good times!

leonheartmm
well duh. the real word is pakistani. paki is a duragutory word.

Bardock42
Originally posted by leonheartmm

A duragutory word?

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Bardock42
A duragutory word?

hyuk hyuk hyuk. aha exhactly. eek! eek! eek! eek! big grin big grin

gwaaarsh mad

lil bitchiness

Even though Paki means 'clean'? Pakistan meaning 'the land of the pure' as opposed to India which is not...?

Fair enough, though.

leonheartmm
huh. oh sorry, ur lookin at it from a farsi/persian point of view. then i suppose it does. but really, thats not what paki mean, its like calling a homosexual a homo. its duragutory.

Bardock42
huh. oh sorry, ur lookin at it from a farsi/persian point of view. then i suppose it does. but really, thats not what paki mean, its like calling a homosexual a homo. its duragutory.

Or a British person a brit.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bardock42
Or a British person a brit.
Only if being 'British' means being an immigrant who acquired a passport after 8 years of residence.

Bicnarok

Storm
Paki is considered an ethnic slur when spoken by non-Pakistanis.

Bicnarok
Its odd how some words which have a nice meaning are seen as insults.

take WOG for example, meaning "Western Oriental Gentleman". It was and still is used as a racist slur.

And the "N" word of course, which probably comes from the River Niger in Africa.

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by colonelf40

I did not know what nationality you were, only your religion.

Melcórë

Storm

Melcórë
Originally posted by Storm
Not over here as it is used without the derogatory connotation the word holds in English.

Indeed? Well, I suppose I spoke out of term; I should have said "in Canada." It isn't mentioned in any form at the lower-levels.

BTW: Looking it up in Lewis' Elementary Latin Dictionary, it seemed to possess quite a few negative connotations in Latin - although I suppose no more so - and perhaps less - than the English words for "Black" and "Darkness."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.