Advancements in Technology.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Have you ever just sat back and thought about how far we have come as far as technology goes? Guys like myself, TH, Secretus and a few others can remember a time when there were no cell phones, no fax machines, no internet. We can remember when video games were so full of polygons that it was sickening.

Computers? we had the Commodore 64, no laptops. I remember when getting Pac Man meant I was the most popular kid on the block.....

Think about this....how is it gonna be 20 years from now? 30 years from now? When we have grandkids, are we gonna understand their new toys and gadgets?

Kosta
I remember a time when there was no spoon. And there still isn't.

:P

It is pretty awe inspiring. Even more so for me, having moved from the middle east to the US. Quite a culture shock as far as advancements in technology. Video Games and music of the electronic variety are getting more and more complex everyday. Makes me wonder how I'm going to look back in ten years time and be even more amazed.

Rogue Jedi
I know. My grandpa, rest his soul, couldnt even figure out a simple remote.

cruel jedi
i think about that all the time think in the next 20 years we could have playstation 9 stick out tongue and xbox 999 elite stick out tongue

Dusty
I have no idea. I'm ready to see though. But then again, the future is already occurring. I would have never dreamed of an "iPhone" 5 or 6 years back.

cruel jedi
true shifty

BakaXero
I can't wait till I'm too old to understand how technology works.

Alpha Centauri
In video game terms, people are losing touch with why they exist.

It's becoming more about what they look like than how they play, rather than a successful combination of both.

Cruel Jedi is right, there'll be PS9 by then, purely cos people won't stop accepting shit.

-AC

Da Pittman

BakaXero
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

It's becoming more about what they look like than how they play, rather than a successful combination of both.

-AC
I think you are wrong about that. Theoretically speaking the PS3 is probably the best for hardcore gamers but the console doing the best in the market is purely based on the fun interactive factor. The Wii is about how it's played and less about looks. It's cheap, affordable and fun. Nintendo really nailed this one. Nintendo has survived many generations on consoles, not because they're better but more smart marketing, and they've done it for years.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
In video game terms, people are losing touch with why they exist.

Cruel Jedi is right, there'll be PS9 by then, purely cos people won't stop accepting shit.

-AC VERY good point. My fave game of all time is Galaga, and the graphics aren't quite on par with todays games. But the game is so awesomely put together, so simple, and it is FUN.

Thorrin
I remember when we didn't have Homeworld Security.

And now we have spaceships patrolling our space. 13

Rogue Jedi
I remember when gas was under a buck a gallon.

Röland
I remember when candy was free.

Rogue Jedi
I remember when the Tatanka ran wild.

Secretus

Mairuzu
I remember when all you had to do to fix an old school game was to blow in it and bang on it

Syren
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Have you ever just sat back and thought about how far we have come as far as technology goes? Guys like myself, TH, Secretus and a few others can remember a time when there were no cell phones, no fax machines, no internet. We can remember when video games were so full of polygons that it was sickening.

Computers? we had the Commodore 64, no laptops. I remember when getting Pac Man meant I was the most popular kid on the block.....

Think about this....how is it gonna be 20 years from now? 30 years from now? When we have grandkids, are we gonna understand their new toys and gadgets?

I can remember when there were no mobile phones and no internet. I remember getting stupidly excited when my dad replaced our Amiga 500 with an Amiga 1200. We also had a joystick and a big ugly gun thing. Favourite games? Zool and Fire & Ice eek!

Thorrin
I remember when Syren only needed two drinks to start insinuating suggestive situations.

Now she needs eight. weep

Syren
slap

Thorrin
I love you too Syren. love

=Tired Hiker=
Yeah, times have changed. I can't help but think that it has already happened though. We are just part of a cycle that re-occurs over and over. I just can't wait for floating cars! I hate traffic. mad

Thorrin
Star Wars type cars?

Secretus
I remember playin' "Double Dribble' and Castlevania. Wow, that was back in 1987. God I'm old ... *cries*

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Thorrin
Star Wars type cars?

Yeah, or Blade Runner cars, Fifth Element cars, etc. yes

Star Wars did seem to have the best traffic patterns, though. hmm

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Secretus
I remember playin' "Double Dribble' and Castlevania. Wow, that was back in 1987. God I'm old ... *cries*

Oh yeah, totally. Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, Ryker, those were my faves.

Secretus
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Oh yeah, totally. Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, Ryker, those were my faves.

Ninja Gaiden was the shit!

I really wish I had my old nes and games. cry

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f75/t462824.html

big grin

Lana
*hugs my NES*

Man I love that thing. Damn old but still works fine.

Tattoo
Chew on this...

1gig of memory 20 years ago vs. 1gig of memory today.

Yet, this picture is out of date still, we have Micro SD which is a hell of a lot smaller that can go up to 8gig. The size of the SD card shown in the picture, those go up to 64gig now.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9871/20yagopv3.jpg

Thorrin
That thing is so friggin huge.

Da Pittman
http://www.columbia.edu/acis/history/tubes.jpg

Disturbed Angel

I'm only eighteen, yes, young compared to some, I know, but I can remember a lot of stuff that's changed. yes It didn't help that this stupid country has and always will be slow in catching up with new stuff. Cell phones were practically nonexistent here when I was born and I grew up with a TV that had this HUGE knob that clicked, for changing channels (there were only three) and had these foot-long antennas lol. ((Admittedly, my grandmother's TV still has antennas and we still only have three channels messed)) Computers were, whoa, for only a select few - there wasn't even internet here and no one really knew how to use them anyway - and we had this really old hand-me-down VCR cos we couldn't afford a new one. And no video tapes. laughing out loud I used to get $1 to go to school and that was enough- now I've needed up to $30 every day. I played Super Mario Bros growing up. vin And I think a lot about what the future will be like. Lol, just a few hours ago, I was thinking that the years 2020, 2030, etc, all sounded so far off and futuristic; even though I will be relatively young in those years. yes Irrelevantly, in spite of my age, and all the stuff that kids today watch, I mainly love movies from the 30's-80's. love

Strangelove

Think about this....how is it gonna be 20 years from now? 30 years from now? When we have grandkids, are we gonna understand their new toys and gadgets? Umm...I can remember a time without cell phones. The stuff about computers is pretty familiar to me too. Both are still really young

Scythe
This thread makes me feel so young!

Rogue Jedi
I remember playin' "Double Dribble' and Castlevania. Wow, that was back in 1987. God I'm old ... *cries* double dribble!!! remember Tecmo Bowl?

Baylin

Quite scary isn't it. I can remember when mobile phones became portable, affordable and actually worked. You could make phone calls and that was it. Now everytime I get a new phone I find I can make unintentional pics/videos of my pocket. When it rings I think the stereo/radio has switched itself on and all sorts. The only damn thing I can't do is work out how to make fuggin calls... embarrasment

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Baylin
Quite scary isn't it. I can remember when mobile phones became portable, affordable and actually worked. You could make phone calls and that was it. Now everytime I get a new phone I find I can make unintentional pics/videos of my pocket. When it rings I think the stereo/radio has switched itself on and all sorts. The only damn thing I can't do is work out how to make fuggin calls... embarrasment remember that big ass cell phone Danny Glover had in "LETHAL WEAPON?" laughing out loud

Baylin
remember that big ass cell phone Danny Glover had in "LETHAL WEAPON?" laughing out loud

That was phone??? Damn I thought he had a kosh to wack people with... laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
That was phone??? Damn I thought he had a kosh to wack people with... laughing out loud I thought it was a carry on bag, man....

duck hunt, anyone?

Secretus
double dribble!!! remember Tecmo Bowl?

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/Secretus74/TecmoBowl.jpg

I think I have arthritis in my thumb because of those 2 games.

Rogue Jedi
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/Secretus74/TecmoBowl.jpg

I think I have arthritis in my thumb because of those 2 games. that game was AWESOME.

Lana
I thought it was a carry on bag, man....

duck hunt, anyone?

Duck Hunt.

****ing.

Rocks.

Would have been better if you should shoot that damn dog though stick out tongue

Baylin
Originally posted by Lana
Duck Hunt.

****ing.

Rocks.

Would have been better if you should shoot that damn dog though stick out tongue

why, what did I do?

Lana
why, what did I do?

laughing out loud Not you stick out tongue

Hey Alex hug

Baylin
laughing out loud Not you stick out tongue

Hey Alex hug

Heya sweets, how's you?

Lana
Heya sweets, how's you?

Um, tired, I killed my back last night, and I have to leave for work right now ermm See ya around.

Secretus
Duck Hunt.

****ing.

Rocks.

Wild Gunman FTW.

I second that though about the dog.

****ing laughing bastard

Baylin
Um, tired, I killed my back last night, and I have to leave for work right now ermm See ya around.

Take care! hug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.