The Magical Vs. The Fighter Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Diamond Kisses
! Team Magical - - Team Fighter !

Diablo Sorceress!Diablo Barbarian!
Jaina Proudmoore!Arthas Menethil!
Alicia!Nightmare!
Zelda!Link!
Tyurru!Sora!

Remindme
Team fighter is my opinion.

Diamond Kisses
Really? smile

I thought the magical one would win oh

Remindme
Yeah, in most of the matchups the fighter is stronger than the magical hero.

Burning thought
i dont know about the last 3 but i think Mages win in the first two, the Sorceress can be far more powerful than a Barb i think if played well, and if this is not gameplay, the barb although powerful has not got the speed to catch up with a Teleporting Sorc launching rains of fire and ice

the same sort of thing will go with jaina and Arthas, this is only the paladin Arthas is it not? so it will be powerful water elemental, ice blizzards of blocks of ice the size of him falling down and if he gets close enough she can teleport..and thats just her game powers.

Remindme
Arthas would destroy Jaina

Burning thought
how would he, he is merely a paladin, his powers are so limited in comparison to jainas powerful archanum of magic, hell she could probably turn him into a sheep and then one hit him if she wanted to, his main paladin powers are only on a duration, no reason why her massive water elemental and her cannot teleport to a distance as hes running to her, his shields and paladin powers turn off and hes hit by enormous shards of ice that shred him

what can the guy possibly do?

Remindme
Invincibility and heals, Way stronger than Jaina

Plus i was assuming it was Deathknight Arthas

Burning thought
heals=nothing in a real battle, invincibility is very limited as well...wheras jaina can teleport as long as she has magical energy wheras Arthas would need his energy which is bound to be less than jainas due to her mage nature AND his limited that his powers are only for little effect since his invulerability lasts only a small amount of time

Deathknight arthas hmm, maybe...i was assuming paladin since people usally say Deathnight Arthas or just Arthas when they say his name as a death knight, Arthas menethil sounds more beneveolent.

either way ime not sure his Deathknight state could survive jaina either, she still has the same old sheep...freezing spells...it would probably be even easier since the Death knight skills are more for supporting his undead and he would lose Invulerability

Remindme
Okay, so why didn't he get killed? Arthas as a Deathknight killed her master. He isn't going to have a problem with her.

Paladins were considered more of an asset that Mages, this is because they are better in battles.

Jaina's teleports takes 3 seconds casting time and a friendly location to teleport to, so i think thats out.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Remindme
Okay, so why didn't he get killed? Arthas as a Deathknight killed her master. He isn't going to have a problem with her.

Paladins were considered more of an asset that Mages, this is because they are better in battles.

Jaina's teleports takes 3 seconds casting time and a friendly location to teleport to, so i think thats out.

not neceserily...whos choosing their starting locations, surely not you, its Diamond who decides that, i dont think shes going to put them within hugging distance...

second he didnt solo her master..hell her master was a fool and a coward, he didnt do anything did he..but Arthas attacked with an undead army at his command and he has his horse which he may not have in this battle...just think about it...Arthas runs at her...tries to Death coil..she can shield..OR before he gets in range (death coils range is nothing on her spells) she can launch an ice bolt...polymorph..fire ball perhaps..straight into his head, he has little defence if he is in death knight form..ime sure she has more than 3 seconds in this battle

and no..mages better in battles? not a chance...Paladins are and always have been a support class in warcraft, support/tank in Warcraft AND world of warcraft and in logcial sense they would be unwise to attack a powerful mage

Diamond Kisses
It is the Paladin Arthas big grin

And I was kind of thinking all at once, but one on one with each of them works too big grin

Remindme
Originally posted by Burning thought
not neceserily...whos choosing their starting locations, surely not you, its Diamond who decides that, i dont think shes going to put them within hugging distance...

second he didnt solo her master..hell her master was a fool and a coward, he didnt do anything did he..but Arthas attacked with an undead army at his command and he has his horse which he may not have in this battle...just think about it...Arthas runs at her...tries to Death coil..she can shield..OR before he gets in range (death coils range is nothing on her spells) she can launch an ice bolt...polymorph..fire ball perhaps..straight into his head, he has little defence if he is in death knight form..ime sure she has more than 3 seconds in this battle

and no..mages better in battles? not a chance...Paladins are and always have been a support class in warcraft, support/tank in Warcraft AND world of warcraft and in logcial sense they would be unwise to attack a powerful mage

Fine, but i think most warcraft fan agree that Arthas > Jaina at any time point

He fights on the front line all the time. In warcraft 3 all her spells have a maximum range of 800, same as death coil.

Stop switching between Wacraft III and WoW. In a WoW group paladins are more valued than Mages, thats a fact. In Wacraft III the Paladins were reguarded more highly than Mages, hence the line of kings were Paladins, not mages

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses

Alicia!Nightmare!
Zelda!Link!
Tyurru!Sora!

I'm going to assume this is at their prime..

And I'm going to go by list as of which they are sorted..

Barbarian > Sorceress
Jaina > Arthas ((Assuming he is paladin.. As deathknight he'd crush her))
Alicia > Nightmare
Link > Zelda

Which is then:

Barbarian and Link.

Alicia and Jaina.

Alicia > Link
Jaina > Link

Barbarian > Alicia
Barbarian > Jaina

Link is out..

Barbarian > Alicia and Jaina

I have no idea who Tyurru and Sora is, so I excluded them from my opinion..

Burning thought
Fine, but i think most warcraft fan agree that Arthas > Jaina at any time point

He fights on the front line all the time. In warcraft 3 all her spells have a maximum range of 800, same as death coil.

Stop switching between Wacraft III and WoW. In a WoW group paladins are more valued than Mages, thats a fact. In Wacraft III the Paladins were reguarded more highly than Mages, hence the line of kings were Paladins, not mages

it doesnt make the slightest sense to think paladin arthas can beat Jaina or that paladins are greater than mages...

also switching is important since they feature in both...also were thinking realitsically right? not gameplay..fighting on the front line doesnt make him more powerful, Jaina is the leader of most of the alliance if ime not mistaken at least i know she holds a very high role and she sends the footsoldiers.

and no...a group of paladins are powerful, however Mages can ditch a paladin quite quickly, paladins are also far less valuable in a Raid, i should know since ive been raiding for a long while and a raid that has no mages is far worse than a raid that has no paladins, paladins are simply support, like healers really is what my guild uses them as, their very useful but not as neccery. Also the line of kings would be tutored and brought up by wise mages, the mages would be their advisers while the paladin kings sit on their thrones, this is irrelivent to their overall strength however.

Remindme
Fighting at the front lines means experience in battle, something jaina at that point lacks.

Paladins are better than Mages in a raid anyday of the week. Paladins are the best tanks in the game when i played. the only great thing mages have is poly. But then i feel this is off topic.

Darth Extecute
no expression

WoW speaking.. Paladin > Mage..

If both has T5 or something, and both would be horribly talented players..

Paladin > Mage..

However, now we're not discussing the WoW paladins.. We're talking about Arthas.. He isn't that good a paladin.. He wouldn't be able to stand against Jaina.. She is too smart..

Remindme
If it's Arthas Paladin, Jaina would be from the same time point. Jaina at that time had only just started going on mission/quests, she has little/no experience in battle. Arthas would demolish her

Diamond Kisses
If it's Arthas Paladin, Jaina would be from the same time point. Jaina at that time had only just started going on mission/quests, she has little/no experience in battle. Arthas would demolish her

no expression

"Jaina was one of the most talented and trusted sorceresses of the Kirin Tor"

Demolish is pushing it, do you not think? stick out tongue

Burning thought
he would no way demolish her, your not thinking back that shes trained by some of the strongest mages and has the rank of Archmage hasnt she..or close to it, shes certainly thought of as an extremely powerful spell caster..this isnt a WoW case of shield...DOT..then charge in, its a case of one shotting the paladin before he has a chance, or teleporting to a distance location, theres nothing he can do before his paladin skills wear out and she can easily one shot him with a polymorph combo or such

WoW speaking depends, if your talking PVP i wouldnt know...Raids...mages any day...for the reason i explained. In a raid their tanking is nothing on Warrior or Druid, their hitpoints cannot hit high enough compared to tanks...you think paladins are best tanks..look up the best tank in the game, youll see a warrior Tauren staring back at you

Remindme
She learnt spell quickly and was somewhat of a prodigy.

Doesn't matter, experience vs raw power. Experience wins

Originally posted by Burning thought
In a raid their tanking is nothing on Warrior or Druid, their hitpoints cannot hit high enough compared to tanks...you think paladins are best tanks..look up the best tank in the game, youll see a warrior Tauren staring back at you Umm, okay, well i played in a guild called Circle of Might on Aeriepeak Alliance, Paladins were by far the best tanks.

Darth Extecute
She learnt spell quickly and was somewhat of a prodigy.

Doesn't matter, experience vs raw power. Experience wins

Umm, okay, well i played in a guild called Circle of Might on Aeriepeak Alliance, Paladins were by far the best tanks.

How about saying like this-

Jaina: Raw Power and Inexperience Vs. Arthas: Average Power and Inexperience?

Arthas isn't that much of a war veteran either, you know.. He's in his mere 20's when the war breaks loose.. And just briefly after the war did break loose, he was sent out..

He doesn't have much experience at all..

Burning thought
Experiance doesnt always beat raw power if the raw power is coming from a source such as a wizened and talented mage..

i bet some of the titans havnt got off their @ses since the great war but you wouldnt believe that after all these thousands of years without battle they would be beaten by a war veteran would you...their power is beyond experiance, and in this case jainas power is beyond Arthas experiance

fair enough, if in a certain server the players use paladins better than they do their warriors then its fair play...my Warlock can bash a lot of mages on the head in DPS yet their often said to be good damage dealers and ime proven that by other mages beating me, i mean i have bad gear yet i can keep high in the damage meters so player skills means a lot

Remindme
Mages don't train by going at each other with warhammers. The fact stand Arthas does have battle experience, Jaina does not

Mages train by reading spells than practicing them. It would take a great amount of battle experience to know when to use what spell

Darth Extecute
Mages don't train by going at each other with warhammers. The fact stand Arthas does have battle experience, Jaina does not

Mages train by reading spells than practicing them. It would take a great amount of battle experience to know when to use what spell

He doesn't have much experience.. a year or two, max!! She however, is the most powerful human sorceress alive.. Arthas was a Paladin that was barely out of his training and by the time that they met in Warcraft 3, Jaina was already the most talented mage in Kirin Tor..

Remindme
Anyone who took on history at school knows I'm right. Wars in history is proof. Experience triumphs power.

Burning thought

what makes you sure thats how they train the Kirin Tor...theres many ways a mage could know when to use their spells, its not like they are completly mindless, being gifted and after years of study you would think people would give them the benefit of knowing when to use a spell wink

a quick incantation and Arthas' so called experiance is worthless as hes a sheep...as hes blasted across the ground writhing in flames or as a giant water elemntal smashes him.

also more madness, there is no magic in history and no experiance does not always win in history, technology and better training can beat experiance....a random joe with a chain gun can beat a roman General easily...the same it will be with Jaina vs Arthas

Darth Extecute
Anyone who took on history at school knows I'm right. Wars in history is proof. Experience triumphs power.

I guess that's why Sweden lost to Russia when they met them at the river..

Sweden > Russia in experience..
Sweden > Russia in numbers..
Sweden > Russia in equipment..

Russia > Sweden in tactics..

Russia > Sweden in the battle..

Remindme
Battle of Thermopylae

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses

Alicia!Nightmare!
Zelda!Link!
Tyurru!Sora!

Arthas as the Lich King and as a Deathknight would destroy Jaina.

Nightmare is vague. What level of power and what weapon?

Link>Zelda.

Gameplay: Sorc>Barb. Storywise: Barbarians could hold their own.

Sol Valentine
Wow, whenever there's a Diablo character involved in a thread you guys throw everyone out the window and focus more on them then the other fighters.

Darth Extecute
Battle of Thermopylae

I dont want to start an historical debate.. I just want to tell you that experience isn't that important..

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Arthas as the Lich King and as a Deathknight would destroy Jaina.

Nightmare is vague. What level of power and what weapon?

Link>Zelda.

Gameplay: Sorc>Barb. Storywise: Barbarians could hold their own.

It is paladin Arthas..

And you cant messure gameplay with what she's talking about.. Because considering her old threads, these diablo heroes are fully equiped and full on all skill-trees.. Which makes Barbarian near immune to all elemental attacks..

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Wow, whenever there's a Diablo character involved in a thread you guys throw everyone out the window and focus more on them then the other fighters.

I would focus more on the others, but I'm not having anyone to say against me..

So, meh shrug

Burning thought

my reason is that i know what ime talking about with these characters, wheras even if i looked up information ill still only be sort of prodding at the others also its an important note that its likely that if the mage side of the blizzard characters win then its 5 vs 3..which means mages are likely to win

Sol Valentine
Give them some recognition DE, there are other fighters in this thread and you focus more on the Diablo fighters.

Darth Extecute
Give them some recognition DE, there are other fighters in this thread and you focus more on the Diablo fighters.

Because they are..

I said Alicia > Nightmare..

I said Link > Zelda..

I said Jaina > Arthas..

I said Barbarian > Sorceress..

They brought up the warcraft and diablo characters into discussion.. If they would start talking about Alicia and Nightmare, I'd start questioning that as well..

But they didnt.. So yeah.. I focuse more on diablo and warcraft..

Because that's what they are discussing no expression

Sol Valentine
At least say something besides that.

Darth Extecute
At least say something besides that.

Alright.. Alicia will bomb Nightmare away..

As for Link and Zelda..

Bah.. Now I got lazy..

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! mad

no expression

faint

What can I say shrug

It's not easy to say things if you aren't contradicted..

Sol Valentine
Don't get lazy!

You get lazy and WC will stop makin steak for you on Tuesdays. jk.

Give reasons for everyone else.

Diamond Kisses
Don't get lazy!

You get lazy and WC will stop makin steak for you on Tuesdays. jk.

Give reasons for everyone else.

WC lives 3000 miles away from him roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sol Valentine
When they finally get married.

If he gets sloppy, WC will stop makin steak for him on Tuesdays.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.