PES 2008/PES7 (Pro Evolution Soccer)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phat J
anybody know when this comes out in north america, i was just looking on gamespot and all it had was the european release date. i hope its not another 2 months wait like it was last year, that sucked.

comes out october 22 in the uk

Phat J
man i just read somewehre its going to be released in the spring of 2008 in north america.

what the **** is the point of that?

someone come and tell me im wrong about this. please.

Victor Von Doom
No idea. Looking forward to it, though.

Phat J
yeah i was too, hopefully they'll come to their senses and release it a little sooner.

Alpha Centauri
I'm really awaiting this.

It's going to be fun to see how players use the ability to dive.

-AC

BackFire
Nah.

Soccer is for the gays.

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
No idea. Looking forward to it, though.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'm really awaiting this.

Point proven.

Alpha Centauri
You're in danger of bringing that schtick to Bardock stuttering levels of being played out.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by BackFire

Soccer

Yeah, 'soccer'.

What kind of idiots would call it football? Its name clearly denotes running around holding the ball.

Slay
If FIFA 08's gameplay is up to par with that of PES 2008, I'll probably go for FIFA. The Be A Pro mode looks very good. If it's as shit as most games before 2007 I'll stick with PES.

SpikeSpiegel
I prefer Pro Evo, I only really got into it with PES 6, but I love it. I'm gonna try and get this one early, and get good enough to beat my friend who's the best player I've ever seen at it.

Phat J
Originally posted by Slay
If FIFA 08's gameplay is up to par with that of PES 2008, I'll probably go for FIFA. The Be A Pro mode looks very good. If it's as shit as most games before 2007 I'll stick with PES.
dont hold your breath on that one

BackFire
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Yeah, 'soccer'.

What kind of idiots would call it football? Its name clearly denotes running around holding the ball.

Punching it, even.

lordboo
Originally posted by BackFire
Nah.

Soccer is for the gays.

Point proven.

what would you call not a gay sport then?

pr1983
i heard its out on the 20th of october, or thereabouts... better dribbling, more attack minded than 6? hell yes...

and the diving/shirt pulling will add something interesting... excellent...

vandalworks
Originally posted by Phat J
anybody know when this comes out in north america, i was just looking on gamespot and all it had was the european release date. i hope its not another 2 months wait like it was last year, that sucked.

comes out october 22 in the uk

you think thats bad? super paper mario was released just a couple of weeks ago over here. you've had it apparantly for NINE months!!!!!! bah humbug sad

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by pr1983
i heard its out on the 20th of october, or thereabouts... better dribbling, more attack minded than 6? hell yes...

and the diving/shirt pulling will add something interesting... excellent...

The demo is on Xbox Live if you have it.

Count Makashi
The gameplay looks the same as PES 6, Konami needs to improve, or Fifa will close the gap in the future, i played the demo of Fifa, its bad, but not crap anymore, you can see the improvement. While FIFA is improving, Konami does almost nothing to improve its series, just little tweaks, soon, that wont be enough anymore.
To bad, this game was the most anticipated on my list, oh well, ther is Football Manager 2008.

Alpha Centauri
Pro Evo doesn't need to improve.

It's a football game, there's only so much you can do, with any sports game really. Konami have pretty much gone all the way with this and still have new things to add to make it even better.

Each game has been progressively better than the last.

-AC

Count Makashi
PES 6 sucked for me and i mean the gameplay, the defence was a joke, it was scripted as hell, it was to easy to score...

While PES 5 is without a doubt, the best football simulation ever.

Phat J
i wouldnt say it sucked, but they definitely needed some higher difficutly levels for pes 6, i have to lose like the first 6 or 7 games so it ends up being a title race in the master league. pes 5 was still hard as shit though when 6 came out and i switched to it.

the new one should be harder with the new technology; i read they learn your tactics and anticipate what you're going to do and close you down more as well.

Alpha Centauri
I never really enjoyed Pro Evo as a single player game to be honest. I only bought it to play with/against people.

Sports games don't interest me like that.

-AC

Phat J
i think pro evo is the exception to that rule, its the only sports game i can play by myself.

although nothing beats kicking one of your friends asses and then laughing in their face.

Maestro
demos up on xbox live if anyones interested.

Phat J
doe you have to have the gold account to download it or can u just have the one that comes with the xbox?

Maestro
doe you have to have the gold account to download it or can u just have the one that comes with the xbox?

Im pretty confident its accessible to both.

Count Makashi
I have seen the first review, it looks bad, it got 7/10, but i haven't played the demo myself, to judge the game by myself properly, dam Sony, what are you doing, give us the demo already.

Phat J
wheres the review?

Count Makashi
http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/09/pes-2008-fails-to-impress-joy-pad.html

but it also got 9/10 in another review.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/09/opm-adores-pes-2008.html

Phat J
yeah im not too worried

lordboo
is the x360 version gonna by the same as the ps3 one?

Phat J
yeah, except better.

Maestro
Played the demo, it feels a bit smoother, but I don't like the tackling system, and you can dive as well LoLz...

Count Makashi
yeah, except better.

Nope, in most previews and descriptions of the game, they said the gameplay is tighter on the PS3 version.

Phat J
i was kidding

pr1983
Played it on PS2... seems to be a few differences to the last one (attacking play has been made easier and more fluid), the graphics are for the most part identical to the previous version, and there's a few bits and bobs...

f*ck all new editing features though...

hoping to play it on 360 or ps3 soon, i hear their version is supposed to be awesome...

Maestro
Found it laggy on replays, and it stills has hardly any stadiums, 13 in all.

pr1983
Originally posted by Maestro
Found it laggy on replays, and it stills has hardly any stadiums, 13 in all.

on ps2? apparently its great on 360 but has tons of problems on ps3...

Alpha Centauri
Who cares about stadiums?

All you see is the grass.

-AC

shin_gear
Wtf? ermm

pr1983
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Who cares about stadiums?

All you see is the grass.

-AC

yup...

shin_gear
Referees, players, crowds, field marks etc.?

Eh...never remembered seeing only grass in games like these.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.